ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
A freak 18-year old athlete with off-the-chart measurables wants so bad to be in the NBA that he and his handlers try to broker an agreement right up until the final deadline...

In a league that values youth, athleticism, and potential more than any other traits in a player...

And he evidently can't get one team to nod or wink at him yesterday...

I'm no NBA expert, but that tells me the kid ain't anywhere close to being the transcendental player that LPT needs to win a title under Lite. A kid like Anthony Davis.

In fact, he might not be as good as most of the ex-slappy five-stars who are already OUT of the league, kids who actually had some complement of basketball skills.

Of course, he and Lite went to great effort to PREVENT him from showing those skills.

And perhaps the best part is a significant number of slappy fans already dislike a kid who is NOW supposed to be the missing piece to a puzzle. Somewhere I've read this plot before.

LINK

"Elite program," my a$$...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cue Card
Never seen the kid play but I'm excited to see what Sutton can bring to the table.

I wondered myself about his basketball skills when he refused to play in the 5 on 5 at the NBA combine. If he was really that great of a player he would have begged to show off his skills. All the mixtapes of him are basically him dunking on everyone else which we already know he can do.

At least what I've seen of his jumpshot, it is nowhere near the trainwreck that Isaiah Briscoe had. Seems to have good form so might be able to improve on his shooting percentage.

I think with his length and athleticism he can be a great defender and rebounder. Might take a while for his offensive skills to be honed and he very well may end up being a 2 year player.

I really don't think this year's high school class has any transcendental players in it and don't think there will be a multitude of one and dones.

A teenager goes to college only because he
can't get a guaranteed NBA contract. Sadly, he
will have to share the spotlight with 7/8 other
players with similar skills while in college.
Same reason many college Soph, JRs, and Srs.
used when they decided to return to college.
Pity them all....those dreams of millions will just
have to wait.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
A teenager goes to college only because he
can't get a guaranteed NBA contract. Sadly, he
will have to share the spotlight with 7/8 other
players with similar skills while in college.
Same reason many college Soph, JRs, and Srs.
used when they decided to return to college.
Pity them all....those dreams of millions will just
have to wait.:eek:

Sad world we live in...BTW, keep enlightening
me with info I can't get at home.:(

What's sad about a basketball player wanting to fulfill his dreams of playing in the NBA? If they can make millions to play a game and support their family then they should go. If not, come back and hope for a chance in the future. Lord knows they are making millions of dollars for the schools they are playing for. Why bash a kid for that?

A freak 18-year old athlete with off-the-chart measurables wants so bad to be in the NBA that he and his handlers try to broker an agreement right up until the final deadline...

In a league that values youth, athleticism, and potential more than any other traits in a player...

And he evidently can't get one team to nod or wink at him yesterday...

I'm no NBA expert, but that tells me the kid ain't anywhere close to being the transcendental player that LPT needs to win a title under Lite. A kid like Anthony Davis.

In fact, he might not be as good as most of the ex-slappy five-stars who are already OUT of the league, kids who actually had some complement of basketball skills.

Of course, he and Lite went to great effort to PREVENT him from showing those skills.

And perhaps the best part is a significant number of slappy fans already dislike a kid who is NOW supposed to be the missing piece to a puzzle. Somewhere I've read this plot before.

LINK

It is an absolute pleasure watching you work your puppeteer skills zipp. This board has been all but dead for some time yet this lone thread has brought out the UofK fanatics like coachroaches after midnight in a filthy kitchen.

You are the puppeteer master zipp. Kudos!

What's sad about a basketball player wanting to fulfill his dreams of playing in the NBA? If they can make millions to play a game and support their family then they should go. If not, come back and hope for a chance in the future. Lord knows they are making millions of dollars for the schools they are playing for. Why bash a kid for that?

Went right over your head, didn't it?:rolleyes:

Reactions: earsky
Oh darn it, him coming back may drag UK down to an NIT team next year...I wish he had stayed in the draft ;)

Really happy to have Diallo back, we would have been so short on guards for this season. I think this will be one of Cal's best defensive teams yet, so much length and athleticism all around.

I will say he needs to work on his shot more than anything. UK only has 2 or 3 guys that can be relied on for a consistent outside shot at this point.

Really happy to have Diallo back, we would have been so short on guards for this season. I think this will be one of Cal's best defensive teams yet, so much length and athleticism all around.

I will say he needs to work on his shot more than anything. UK only has 2 or 3 guys that can be relied on for a consistent outside shot at this point.

I don't think they have 1 that can be "relied on" let alone 2-3.

Baker is a career 34% shooter but likely isn't going to see the floor that much unless out of necessity. Alexander won the KDF 3 point contest but based on his larger body of work that seems to be an anomaly as he was barely a 30% shooter throughout his Senior year...Quade Green has had a decent stroke and Kevin Knox is a career 30% shooter.

UK will be a great defensive team and very athletic and will likely be able to score around the basket and get to the rim...but they will be insanely young, inexperienced, and lack shooting and leadership.

I don't think they have 1 that can be "relied on" let alone 2-3.

Baker is a career 34% shooter but likely isn't going to see the floor that much unless out of necessity. Alexander won the KDF 3 point contest but based on his larger body of work that seems to be an anomaly as he was barely a 30% shooter throughout his Senior year...Quade Green has had a decent stroke and Kevin Knox is a career 30% shooter.

UK will be a great defensive team and very athletic and will likely be able to score around the basket and get to the rim...but they will be insanely young, inexperienced, and lack shooting and leadership.
Fair post. Knox has a reliable jumper as does Quade, who I'm expecting to play around 34 MPG at the point for us.

Baker probably won't see much action unless we are facing a zone. He has decent size but his defense probably isn't ready for the college game yet.

REALLY hoping that SKJ and Gabriel make that sophomore leap and play major minutes. They're only sophomores but that goes a long way when you're as young as we are.

I think we should be top 10 to start the year but not top 5.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
...Alexander won the KDF 3 point contest but based on his larger body of work that seems to be an anomaly as he was barely a 30% shooter throughout his Senior year...
Not an anomaly as much as it was nobody could hit the broad side of a barn. The slappy kid hit something like 13 points in that 3-point shooting contest, which wouldn't get him into the finals most years. It was only outdistanced in underperformance by the slam-dunk contest!

Cue, pree-shee-ate the mega props, but I'm mostly serious...

A kid with extraordinary athletic ability coming back to school because the NBA is saying that's not enough says PLENTY. When extraordinary athletic ability is among the things the NBA values most. (Youth is another, and the kid is 18 years old.)

Of course, I wouldn't expect a typical slapd!ck to comprehend that. But yesterday was a lose-lose scenario for them. The kid finds a team that recognizes that potential, or he has very little potential.

We got our answer.

Only time will tell, zipp
You've got one year. The kid didn't even wanna play that time, but no one in the NBA--no one who's seen him work out--is willing to roll the dice on him.

You actually think trying this hard, he'll give you "time" in college? You better hope he's a lot quicker study than the average slappy kid under Lite.

You've got one year. The kid didn't even wanna play that time, but no one in the NBA--no one who's seen him work out--is willing to roll the dice on him.

You actually think trying this hard, he'll give you "time" in college? You better hope he's a lot quicker study than the average slappy kid under Lite.

Yea "lites" never had a player amount to anything after one year!!!

Cue, pree-shee-ate the mega props, but I'm mostly serious...

A kid with extraordinary athletic ability coming back to school because the NBA is saying that's not enough says PLENTY. When extraordinary athletic ability is among the things the NBA values most. (Youth is another, and the kid is 18 years old.)

Of course, I wouldn't expect a typical slapd!ck to comprehend that. But yesterday was a lose-lose scenario for them. The kid finds a team that recognizes that potential, or he has very little potential.

We got our answer.

I've never seen the kid play so IDK much about him. I do know this is a deep draft this year, and I'm sure that had something to do with his decision. Had it been a weak draft, he probably would have stayed in it. Regardless, all I know for sure is that he is only in it for himself. He doesn't give two flips about UofK other than the program will give him his shot at the big stage. That's ALL UofK is to him. The days of kids going to UofK because of the tradition and prestige are over. Draft night is the most important thing to a UofK basketball player. It's the most important thing to Calipari too. He said as much. They can have that crap. That's not for me.

Reactions: Graves51 and zipp
Oh darn it, him coming back may drag UK down to an NIT team next year...I wish he had stayed in the draft ;)

Well, that's what you get when you rely on teenagers
who can't crack the "top 30" on the list of world amateurs his chosen field.

Yeah, we're in trouble. We have a draft pick returning.

Man, gonna be tough watching that top combine vert in action next year.

Cal won't know what to do with talent actually returning. Could mess everything up.

This is the end of Kentucky Basketball.

Yeah, we're in trouble. We have a draft pick returning.

Bet it will be even tougher watching him when he finally learns how to shoot and play, if ever, only after he’s been in the NBA for a few years.

But you keep rocking that future potential over current skill set thing. That way you can always brag about how many players "we" have in the NBA.

Maybe he'll laugh during one of the games like this guy.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-06-at-12.38.07-PM_dtdr0a.png

Bet it will be even tougher watching him when he finally learns how to shoot and play, if ever, only after he’s been in the NBA for a few years.

But you keep rocking that future potential over current skill set thing. That way you can always brag about how many players "we" have in the NBA.

Yeah...past 8-9 years has been tough with all the "future" talent we've had come through...Cal winning around 82% of his games sure has been real hard...that title was pretty rough with all that future talent...that 38-1 season was hard to watch...the final fours and runner up were excruciating...if it weren't for all that future talent maybe those years would have ended up better...

It's tough watching kids who rep UK have success at the next level...dang I hate seeing those guys sign max contracts, make highlight reels, all star teams, etc...gosh darn it, only if they would be average college players and stick around...

Maybe he'll laugh during one of the games like this guy.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-06-at-12.38.07-PM_dtdr0a.png

he might...but with a vert like his, he may just do something like this

02davis-thequad-articleInline.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodguard13
Cat fans are so disappointed to get him. Really, any team would be livid to get such a kid.

Yeah...past 8-9 years has been tough with all the "future" talent we've had come through...Cal winning around 82% of his games sure has been real hard...that title was pretty rough with all that future talent...that 38-1 season was hard to watch...the final fours and runner up were excruciating...if it weren't for all that future talent maybe those years would have ended up better...

It's tough watching kids who rep UK have success at the next level...dang I hate seeing those guys sign max contracts, make highlight reels, all star teams, etc...gosh darn it,
Lotta fluff in there, but not too many titles. Same number as ten-loss Tubby in the same number of years.

'Cept Tubsters never went to the NIT.

Why do all of you (UOFL fans) keep saying all these players that Calipari gets don't care about the school. They are all quoted in the NBA about the Family feeling they have about the school and all the players they played with and it is great seeing them cheer each other on in the NBA, which they do. Many love playing on the same team together. So many of them come back a lot to train, bask in the spotlight (naturally treated like kings), etc.

Not trolling, but I have been surprised on how these kids show love for the school only after one year of playing. So I don't get this "these kids don't care". They care a ton, because UK is the MIT, Stanford, Harvard, etc of basketball and they realize the value of coming and show their respect. I forgot, isn't the job of a university to prepare kids for whatever career they are dreaming about?

Pitino has played in the TWO best college basketball conferences in the HISTORY of the sport.

LPT plays basketball in a football conference, and does so purposely and without apology. Of course, it's a sorry excuse for a basketball conference.

Slight difference in the difficulty of those schedules.

But I don't recall making this a U of L vs. slapd!ck debate. Leave it to a slappy. Suggest you stay away from moving your goalposts.

Who cares what conference you play in....only Kansas fans care about Conference titles. Its about March, even UofL fans can agree with UK fans on that...UK is a charter member of the SEC what do you mean without apology.

Who cares what conference you play in....only Kansas fans care about Conference titles. Its about March, even UofL fans can agree with UK fans on that...UK is a charter member of the SEC what do you mean without apology.
Of course you don't give a flip about the SEC in basketball. Your "SEC" chants are about football.

But your slapd!ck friend started comparing coaching records, and you can't do that when one team plays in a premier conference while the other plays in a $hit conference.

Even a slappy should understand that.

Reactions: TDredbird
Why do all of you (UOFL fans) keep saying all these players that Calipari gets don't care about the school. They are all quoted in the NBA about the Family feeling they have about the school and all the players they played with and it is great seeing them cheer each other on in the NBA...
I guess because saying and behaving are two different things.

That $hit conference outperformed the other conference in March last year...must of been luck

Reactions: cwcat
Yes, but UK players have done ample of both. So that is why your statement made no sense.

Have no clue what you just said? Saying and Behaving? What does that mean?
It means ex-slappy kids tell the world how much they love a school they're trying like hell to get AWAY FROM.

Actions speak louder than words. (NOT a timeless zipp-ism.)

Yeah ACC is so tough from top to bottom that Duke and UNC come out on top all the time...

Like the ACC big east was defined by 2 programs. Then things got so diluted and bad that teams like Pittsburgh, WV, and UL started winning so people ran out of that conference like it was on fire and now it's a mid major...well it was never considered a Power 5...
Only a slappy would use ACC and SEC basketball in the same breath. Your conference is a freaking joke.

Only a slappy would use ACC and SEC basketball in the same breath. Your conference is a freaking joke.

So it was a joke? It outperformed the ACC last year when it counts. And who cares what conference a team is in, it is about when teams play against each other (UK vs. UofL) or what team plays better in the tournament. Sure the Big East and ACC have been better than the SEC but who cares. Seriously, who cares, you win, but it doesn't stop UK from having a better March record than almost any Big East, ACC school and doesn't stop UK (Calipari) Having a dominate record over UofL...so what is your point????

It's a fact--although I ain't doing the math--that slappy kids spend less actual time in college than the basketball players at any other four-year school.

That's real love. Now, they probably do love Lite but he doesn't give much of an ish about LPT either.

So it was a joke? It outperformed the ACC last year when it counts. And who cares what conference a team is in, it is about when teams play against each other (UK vs. UofL) or what team plays better in the tournament. Sure the Big East and ACC have been better than the SEC but who cares. Seriously, who cares, you win, but it doesn't stop UK from having a better March record than almost any Big East, ACC school and doesn't stop UK (Calipari) Having a dominate record over UofL...so what is your point????
North Carolina in 2017?

You've lost track of the point--not surprisingly. And it's not my job to keep slappies in their lane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT