ADVERTISEMENT

Stripper Powell

Jun 4, 2001
ESPN has been showing on it's ticker across the bottom of the screen that the NCAA is requesting another meeting with Powell. I am thinking this is a good thing. The B**ch can't remember all the lies she told the first time.

I agree, I think we might have jumped the gun on our self ban Powell is a real mess.

Let's hope that is the case. However, the self imposed ban had to be for a reason. To me...something was going on. To the level as what has been put out there maybe not. I feel some people were doing things they shouldn't have - period. To me - if that is what we must do to get the cream of the crop for BB and FB - I just don't want to be that good then. I think there is a line I the sand we all must draw when it comes to what is considered acceptable to do when it comes to recruiting.

Let's hope that is the case. However, the self imposed ban had to be for a reason. To me...something was going on. To the level as what has been put out there maybe not. I feel some people were doing things they shouldn't have - period. To me - if that is what we must do to get the cream of the crop for BB and FB - I just don't want to be that good then. I think there is a line I the sand we all must draw when it comes to what is considered acceptable to do when it comes to recruiting.
I agree. The self imposed ban is basically an admission of serious wrong doing. It sucks but it is what it is.

Sad thing is Dumb a$$ didn't have to do that to get the elite players, heck he wasn't even responsible for recruiting.

Reactions: American Male
Considering the UNC fake class thing has been going on for years and has yet to be resolved tells me when jumped the gun. My only thought was it was done to save next year and to save the banner.

Reactions: Jdhays21
Any more critical articles coming out about our president now that he banned us from post play?

Last edited:
ESPN has been showing on it's ticker across the bottom of the screen that the NCAA is requesting another meeting with Powell. I am thinking this is a good thing. The B**ch can't remember all the lies she told the first time.

Supposedly gonna be another story on OTL this Sunday morning

No sane person can hear her speak twice and think she's truthful. CRP said it himself that she can barely form sentences. Now is the NCAA sane....

No sane person can hear her speak twice and think she's truthful. CRP said it himself that she can barely form sentences. Now is the NCAA sane....
Actually - and problematically - she presents herself fairly well and is way more articulate than one might image a street prostitute to be. Fortunately, her grasp of the truth is significantly shakier.

I am kind of surprised how fast this whole thing has been moving. Usually something like this takes a while. I have always been in the sooner you start the punishment the sooner its over camp. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

Again that's why I believe we imposed the self ban. We took action which I think put the NCAA on clock to come forth with their findings. I think Smrt and Jurich knew if we waited until the season played out we would have this thing over our heads for the next 2 years.

Reactions: bloodguard13
I am kind of surprised how fast this whole thing has been moving. Usually something like this takes a while. I have always been in the sooner you start the punishment the sooner its over camp. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
There are criminal investigations ongoing at the same time and they are probably moving quicker which could be speeding up the NCAA depending on what the police have uncovered.

In any type of investigation or inquiry there are times where they move fast based on the evidence that has been uncovered and what people have confessed to when questioned.

The one aspect of this whole ordeal is the fact that the parties started in 2010 which was the year of the Sypher trial. How could MaGee have had the nuts to start some thing like this when his coach is going through that. Very brazen and disturbing.

Ha ha, big Steely Dan fan here. The allusion is deplorable if descriptive, but the music rocks, lol.

So did the NCAA and their investigative Kenneth Starrs coordinate with ESPN for all this wonderful combined publicity? What a great week for someone. I assume Bangs will celebrate by avoiding Louisville fans. That would be a healthy choice. Even I wouldn't mind 20 minutes in a locked room with his nibs.

Reactions: earsky and zipp
Ha ha, big Steely Dan fan here. The allusion is deplorable if descriptive, but the music rocks, lol...
I knew there was something else I liked about you. :)

You're right, it's a disgrace to associate a classic like that with a real life black cow.

Would love to see the Dan live before it's too late. Consoling myself by pulling out some vinyl later and spinning my turntable...

You're right, it's a disgrace to associate a classic like that with a real life black cow.

Would love to see the Dan live before it's too late. Consoling myself by pulling out some vinyl later and spinning my turntable...

Zipp,

I saw the Dan in 1973 at the old Tampa Stadium (Sombrero). They were the opening act for Chicago (who was touring between Chicago IV and V). Steely Dan were all dressed in 1890's baseball uniforms, with Jeff Skunk Baxter jamming on guitar the entire concert sitting in a rocking chair. They played every song off of "Can't buy a Thrill" and a few songs off of their upcoming new album "Countdown to Ecstacy". They also hit rubber baseballs up into the stadium with glow in the dark plastic baseball bats. They were soooooo cool. Jack Coffee would have really loved the whole baseball theme.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

Hey 19 drives me crazy.........lol, many associative memories there. :) Literally a theme song for an interesting relationship, because of the music, not the age..

I know you guy's could care less about my opinion. Would feel the same way. With that said I think having Mr. Smart involved with this is a positive thing. He knows how the NCAA operates and what their reaction might be in certain situations. I truly believe that the post season ban will be the final punishment for the team. I also think the NCAA is hurrying to finalize all findings since UL took the first step with the ban.

Hey 19 drives me crazy.........lol, many associative memories there. :) Literally a theme song for an interesting relationship, because of the music, not the age..
I used to sell audiophile gear back in the day. Mixed me a demo Dan cassette that everyone else in the shop wore the ish out of. One salesman stole it for his vacation to Florida, and the rest of us hassled him 'til he brought it back. Wonder what ever happened to the tape (not the salesman)?...

zipp I have seen the Dan 2 times at the Louisville Palace within the last couple of years. They are on tour now so keep an eye on the Palace concert schedule.

I saw The Dan at The Palace in 2013. Great show.

Steve Winwood is touring with them this year. Could be a great show.

Go Cards
L1C4

Reactions: earsky
Steely Dan is incredible. I was in Indy and heard a local band actually cover Bodhittsatva, which is a very tough song because of the guitar solo. It really reinforced the musicianship of those guys, especially Beckers' guitar chops and of course bringing in the session guys like Skunk Baxter and all of the LA side men. Pretty sure Donald Fagan had a Broadway background. You hardly ever hear any Steely Dan live because the level of talent it takes to play those songs is just so rare. Sometimes I listen to my kids rap songs and just shake my head. They have missed so much.

Reactions: Cincycard80
Yeah,that should be a great show.Winwood's Back in the High Life solo album one of the best comeback albums ever.

Steve's Daughter Lilly went to school with my Daughter while we lived over in England.

Lilly is touring now. She (Like her Dad) is very talented.

Arc of a Diver is still my favorite.

Go Cards, Go ACC
L1C4

Steely Dan is incredible. I was in Indy and heard a local band actually cover Bodhittsatva, which is a very tough song because of the guitar solo...
I walk around occasionally humming that "Won't you take me by the hand?" chorus, in part so that someone else will ask "WTH are you singing?"

Or one of my other favorite Dan choruses...

"Ain't never gonna do it without the fez on, oh no.."

"Are you with me Doctor Wu?.." whenever a Wu or a Woo is introduced. Once worked with a "Dr. Woo" statistician. Like "Smith" in the Orient...

What classics...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT