ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespect city

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I hope the coaches and the players were watching GameDay today as Kirk Herbstreit all but labeled Louisville as not being in the same class as FSU. He did and said the same shit with the Notre Dame game.

I don't know what his deal is unless he's backing his buddy Lee Corso's anti Louisville stance that he's been on. He couldn't control his displeasure with others who were picking Louisville today, interrupting them and shaking his head.

The frigging line is basically a pick em with the back up QB for FSU, yet it's a no brainer to Herbstriet FSU wins, even with a 3rd string freshman QB. He didn't say anything positive about Brohm and Louisville's success. Coming off a loss was part of his reasoning as well.

It was clearly not an objective opinion. He wants FSU to win and I hope the guys in all white tonight prove once again to Kirk Herbstreit he's full of shit.

Reactions: FromDaVille
F em. Louisville is a city and a program that outsiders will always disrespect. I’m still pissed off about the UK game because us giving that away is what has so many dismissing us as a “nice” team but not a good one. Hopefully we zip em up tonight. #GoCards

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Same crap he said about the Gators at the Sugar Bowl. Then he hoisted the "they weren't interested " banner. F him.

He's usually pretty good at disguising his biases, but today he was adamant about his disdain for Louisville's chances in this game.

I'm thinking of a possible theory that I have no evidence of. Last week Lee Corso picked UK over Louisville gleefully, making it a bigger deal than necessary. He after all, is a former Louisville coach who always picks FSU against anyone.

Maybe he received some flak from Louisville fans on his social media and Herbstreit is pissed at Louisville fans for it? They are buddies on that show.

In the past Herbstreit has said a lot of good things about Louisville, but when it came down to a big game against a elite level program, he usually goes against the Cards. I believe this week he may have had a bit more incentive to diss Louisville if Corso was getting dogged by Cards fans for last week.

Just a theory. I pretty much watch GameDay every Saturday for years now. It's the only real informative show on TV on college football. I don't mind if they pick against Louisville, but it's when they're dismissive and condescending just so they can pick the other team is what I don't like.

We all know having to play a true freshman 3rd string QB in such a big game would almost always have GameDay pundits going with the other team, especially if it was a small point spread.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
F em. Louisville is a city and a program that outsiders will always disrespect. I’m still pissed off about the UK game because us giving that away is what has so many dismissing us as a “nice” team but not a good one. Hopefully we zip em up tonight. #GoCards
mannn we didn’t zip up 💩… 🥴🥴 outclassed tonight

The problem is ESPN has become a PR arm for the SEC. They no longer are about college football it is about the SEC. They were smart enough to know the SEC could get left out and they trot out Sanky. That was disrespecting the very process they designed by trying to manipulate the committee instead of letting what happened on the field determine the playoff participants.

Kirk knows football but he doesn’t know how games will actually play out. He was right about FSU defense. NFL guys that are extremely motivated that had zero room for error easy to see them holding down Louisville. Louisville still had their chances to win just didn’t make plays.

Going by the rankings, we are the SEC’s best OOC win, FSU tied that win last night.

College football relies too much on brands and not actual performance. There are 13 games they all matter. Anyone in the P5 that goes undefeated is better than anyone with 1 loss because it is really hard to accomplish that feat.

The SEC brand teams never see a bump down when they struggle. It is always some excuse why. The non brand teams anywhere else struggle they aren’t good.

Reactions: Mayoman
I made the mistake of selecting WHAS, instead of the ACC Network when watching the telecast. Once again, it was clear that ESPN is totally invested in the SEC, they used the last few minutes to diminish FSU as worthy of top 4, despite being undefeated.

ESPN wants Alabama or Texas (soon to be SEC) to replace FSU in that elite position, as the prized TV revenue is the goal for both Disney and ESPN.

• Angry
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT