ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Night attendance magic number: 17,084...

Status
Not open for further replies.
“During the Committee meeting, Mr. Smrt reviewed the current information that he had shared with Dr. Ramsey and Athletic Director Tom Jurich the previous afternoon," read a statement from UofL spokesman John Karman on Tuesday morning. "Based upon the information that Smrt reported to Ramsey and Jurich on Thursday, the committee was informed that the decision was made by the two principals to impose the postseason ban."
I don't recall Jurich's name on that banner on O'Shea's. You should have gotten a ladder and a paint brush...

I don't recall Jurich's name on that banner on O'Shea's. You should have gotten a ladder and a paint brush...

Nevermind direct quotes, let’s form our opinions based on a f’ing banner hung at O’Shea’s. Your “Jurich could do no wrong routine” is sad. You really think Jurich didn’t have a large say in self-imposing? For all the power and influence he had, you really think he just let Ramsey call that hugely important shot? It’s time to stop before you lose any more credibility.

Nevermind direct quotes, let’s form our opinions based on a f’ing banner hung at O’Shea’s. Your “Jurich could do no wrong routine” is sad. You really think Jurich didn’t have a large say in self-imposing? For all the power and influence he had, you really think he just let Ramsey call that hugely important shot? It’s time to stop before you lose any more credibility.
To get our facts straight, I was responding to another clown apologist who said this was Jurich's decision. At a minimum, it was a joint decision since there is zero evidence Jurich made the decision unilaterally. That's just clown rhetoric from you and the other guy.

But I think I'll take a guy's recorded word in the heat of the moment--Ramsey's--as to who made the decision. Evidently, the folks down at O'Shea's and at Pitino's subsequent press conference heard the same thing I did...

So he went from "threw in the towel" to "had a hand"... As usual, you don't know what your argument is.

And since some people need evidence...

Retired with full benefits

You’re taking the “jurich threw in the towel” quote to literally, and out of context. Go back and reread the full post again.

You know Jurich was fired. Unjustly if you ask me, which is why he fought and won his retirement back and for the right to say he wasn’t fired, but bottom line is Jurich would still be the AD here to this day if he wasn’t fired over the scandals. Don’t let your blind love for the man interfere with this fact.

And you need to get a new word besides clown, I called you that a long time ago and you’ve used it so much since it doesn’t carry the same effect anymore. Just a friendly tip.

To get our facts straight, I was responding to another clown apologist who said this was Jurich's decision. At a minimum, it was a joint decision since there is zero evidence Jurich made the decision unilaterally. That's just clown rhetoric from you and the other guy.

But I think I'll take a guy's recorded word in the heat of the moment--Ramsey's--as to who made the decision. Evidently, the folks down at O'Shea's and at Pitino's subsequent press conference heard the same thing I did...

You just did what you falsely accused me of doing about 15 minutes ago and just a few posts later. The only difference is you took my words out if context, while in this post you were speaking out both sides of your mouth. Hahaha, you need to quit posting while you’re drinking Will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knucklehank1
And by multiple scandals are we talking just the athletic ones or are we including the administrative ones like with the foundation?

You just did what you falsely accused me of doing about 15 minutes ago and just a few posts later. The only difference is you took my words out if context, while in this post you were speaking out both sides of your mouth. Hahaha, you need to quit posting while you’re drinking Will....[/MEDIA]
I can handle my bourbon. Post your erroneous quote in context if you think I misquoted you.

And I never said Jurich even participated in the decision which neither you nor I can prove. I simply choose to take Ramsey’s word—why wouldn’t he be telling the truth—that HE made a decision you said Jurich made. I’m sure as hell not taking your analysis...

And by multiple scandals are we talking just the athletic ones or are we including the administrative ones like with the foundation?
Any evidence or just headlines?

IIRC, the State Auditor never mentioned Jurich in any alleged wrongdoing. And I say “alleged” because even the transgressions Ramsey was accused of were centered around transparency.

BTW how’s that Ramsey lawsuit and criminal indictment going?...

No conviction needed to change the behavior (close the checkbooks) of people making donations or buying tickets. But who knows. Just surprised two fired employees with such great achievements and public support haven’t been hired by a much better institute than our city college. Not to mention at much higher salaries than we could afford.

I can handle my bourbon. Post your erroneous quote in context if you think I misquoted you.

And I never said Jurich even participated in the decision which neither you nor I can prove. I simply choose to take Ramsey’s word—why wouldn’t he be telling the truth—that HE made a decision you said Jurich made. I’m sure as hell not taking your analysis...

“After consulting with Director of Athletics Tom Jurich, WE made the decision...” - President Ramsey

No conviction needed to change the behavior (close the checkbooks) of people making donations or buying tickets. But who knows. Just surprised two fired employees with such great achievements and public support haven’t been hired by a much better institute than our city college. Not to mention at much higher salaries than we could afford.
They're both in the 60s and multimillionaires.

What AD job did "Vince" have when we hired him?...

Folks..ignore problem posters or select another board if you grow weary of some of the posters here. Also....pay attention to posters who respond to themselves and throw out 3 or 4 posts in a row.

Go Cards!

He said otherwise until the lynch mob formed...

So you honestly think that Ramsey didn’t closely consult with Jurich?

What about the quotes where Pitino in the wake of decision essentially says that he trusts Jurich’s judgement? Was Pitino sworn into this disinformation pact by Ramsey as well?

It certainly seems that you are a smart guy but damn...anything Tom Jurich really makes you go dumb.

So you honestly think that Ramsey didn’t closely consult with Jurich?

What about the quotes where Pitino in the wake of decision essentially says that he trusts Jurich’s judgement? Was Pitino sworn into this disinformation pact by Ramsey as well?

It certainly seems that you are a smart guy but damn...anything Tom Jurich really makes you go dumb.
Oh, I'm not saying that Jurich found out about the decision at the press conference. I AM saying that Jurich and Pitino had no interest in self imposing a ban.

"Consult" is one of those nebulous words that can mean about anything. But Ramsey made it clear that after "consulting," he made the decision. He even described the process with the "I" pronoun several times before claiming that he made the decision. Why would I think he was misrepresenting that process?

I enjoy how defending the prior regime rankles clown show apologists, and I think it does for good reason. It's a combination of your wanting to make the old regime look bad and the new one look good. I'm not down for any of that...

“I enjoy how defending the prior regime rankles clown show apologists, and I think it does for good reason. It's a combination of your wanting to make the old regime look bad and the new one look good. I'm not down for any of that...”

I’d suggest that ironically on this board you’ve done more damage to Jurich’s legacy than any other poster. The vast majority of people on here are fair and reasonable.

Reactions: Art79
I’d suggest that ironically on this board you’ve done more damage to Jurich’s legacy than any other poster. The vast majority of people on here are fair and reasonable.

He picks a strange location to air his grievances (spam/straw man arguments) I agree with you there.

Seems unable to connect these people received huge salaries for doing their administrative duties. Yet laments their firing after multiple, not just one isolated scandals or rules violations. Guess he would have sent them to Human Resources to watch a film on transparency and compliance followed by an online true / false quiz.

You are not the “anyone”, you are the Zipp aka the instigator. You are right, I am a mod. :rolleyes:
I don’t know what you’re talking about. Half of the threads in which I participate, someone calls me out first.

A GOOD mod would know that...

“I enjoy how defending the prior regime rankles clown show apologists, and I think it does for good reason. It's a combination of your wanting to make the old regime look bad and the new one look good. I'm not down for any of that...”

LOL... If I’m “damaging Jurich’s legacy” with someone, that person’s opinion wasn’t very well grounded—or he’s fallen in love with the new regime based on very little of substance.

I’m OK with alienating THAT person...

Seems unable to connect these people received huge salaries for doing their administrative duties. Yet laments their firing after multiple, not just one isolated scandals or rules violations. Guess he would have sent them to Human Resources to watch a film on transparency and compliance followed by an online true / false quiz.
It’s far less what was done than HOW it was done. Too many people like yourself don’t recognize that distinction.

In fact, I argue the “how” explains most of our predicament...

LOL... If I’m “damaging Jurich’s legacy” with someone, that person’s opinion wasn’t very well grounded—or he’s fallen in love with the new regime based on very little of substance.

I’m OK with alienating THAT person...

Actually most people here have well-grounded takes on Jurich’s legacy. He was an innovator, a visionary, and one who mobilized resources like no other - culminating in UofL getting in the ACC. He also had few important blind spots that ultimately brought about his downfall. You are so sensitive about these that you attempt to deflect blame away from him and refuse to acknowledge the precarious position these blind spots put the program in.

Your blind spot is that you’ve carved out this position and are so scared of not being right that you’ve dug in your heels despite overwhelming evidence that your position is flawed.

Reactions: teamcanada
How so??...

This community is pretty much a low quantity of laid back group of posters that are pro Louisville that have been through quite a bit as fans in recent years. Your redundancy here is strange. I mean nobody on this board has had any involvement in any of the spamming of "grievances" you shell out on the reg. Redundancy + Location of Such = WTF.

Like all things in life, if you are the only one doing something you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Last edited:
This community is pretty much a low quantity of laid back group of posters that are pro Louisville that have been through quite a bit as fans in recent years. Your redundancy here is strange. I mean nobody on this board has had any involvement in any of the spamming of "grievances" you shell out on the reg. Redundancy + Location of Such = WTF.

Like all things in life, if you are the only one doing something you probably shouldn't be doing it.
I don't regard someone as "laid back" about their POVs who posts here everyday and, as in your case, with 19 thousand posts. In fact, your participation here at 5.7 posts per day is almost the equal of mine at 6.7. That's kinda scary considering how you probably view your relationship with this website compared to mine.

Nor does that suggest you have a much better handle on what you should be doing in life than I do. Just food for thought since I don't care to stick my toe in the same water that you apparently have at least one foot in.

Let's both just keep rocking on the subject at hand, whatever that is... ;)

Actually most people here have well-grounded takes on Jurich’s legacy. He was an innovator, a visionary, and one who mobilized resources like no other - culminating in UofL getting in the ACC. He also had few important blind spots that ultimately brought about his downfall. You are so sensitive about these that you attempt to deflect blame away from him and refuse to acknowledge the precarious position these blind spots put the program in.

Your blind spot is that you’ve carved out this position and are so scared of not being right that you’ve dug in your heels despite overwhelming evidence that your position is flawed.
First, thanks for the free psychoanalysis which is worth about what I paid.

Second, if your opinion of Jurich was so rock solid, you wouldn't have a problem with most of my POVs on what he did as AD compared to a greenhorn AD who's largely pushing buttons at this point. You're welcome to speak for others, just make sure you have a handle on what others think and don't assume you represent them. My experience is you're relatively unique...

First, thanks for the free psychoanalysis which is worth about what I paid.

Second, if your opinion of Jurich was so rock solid, you wouldn't have a problem with most of my POVs on what he did as AD compared to a greenhorn AD who's largely pushing buttons at this point. You're welcome to speak for others, just make sure you have a handle on what others think and don't assume you represent them. My experience is you're relatively unique...

I’ve made it clear that Jurich was the best in the business. It’s also clear that he had major blind spots that have led to major problems. You are trying to assign those problems to someone else.

And back to that subject...

men-039-s-basketball-attendance-vs-capacity-with-detail.jpg

The final data point now reflects the average for the entire season. And if your display is something like a smartphone, I magnified it so you could see the change.

As I said earlier, this small uptick of 57 fans per game is at least positive. But it also can be explained by a one-off factor, the number of conference (10) and non-conference games (8) on this year's schedule. That's one more in the former case and one less in the latter. And since we average more fans for conference games, the change biased the number higher.

Here are the averages by category:

Conference
2018-19 17,301
2019-20 17,280

Non-conference
2018-19 15,901
2019-20 15,881

So actually, attendance was down a very small amount—about twenty fans—for each type of game on the schedule.

I certainly wouldn’t make any bold claims about where attendance is headed based on these numbers. The only other factors affecting attendance could be who was on the schedule (or not), how good was our team this year comparatively, and where were tickets priced…

I’ve made it clear that Jurich was the best in the business. It’s also clear that he had major blind spots that have led to major problems. You are trying to assign those problems to someone else.
Right there is an example of what I'm talking about...

Right there is an example of what I'm talking about...

We all have blind spots, even Tom Jurich. Unfortunately it appears that he didn’t have the right people around him to provide a check and balance to those areas.

In fact, your participation here at 5.7 posts per day is almost the equal of mine at 6.7. That's kinda scary considering how you probably view your relationship with this website compared to mine.
;)

I'm not spamming.

You are spamming. That be our difference right there big guy!

You have been in wash/rinse/repeat mode for years.

What makes your behavior strange is you are trolling and spamming people you don't know that root for the same team you do.

Most this board is laid back. Never said I was.

LOL!

It's cool man. Do what you do.

Great thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT