ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Night attendance magic number: 17,084...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general it’s tough to compare that time frame because not every game was available on TV. However their attendance dropped despite the fact they couldn’t play on TV at all. They recovered after a couple of years.
Numbers please. “Dropped” is insufficient...

The comparable data is that a scandal reduces attendance. Then it’s a safe leap to think another scandal would cause further deterioration.

“..,But, but the clown show...the AD....the president”. Blah blah blah. I do admire your tenacity though. It must be tough lifting peddling your garbage on this board.
“Safe leap”... LOL.

Does that mean you have no actual data?

So to expunge the irrelevant data and get back to the data that matter...

U-of-L-Attendance-Comparsion.jpg

U of L was tracking within 2-3% of the national trend for five years prior to the arrival of clowns. Now, we're down >15%. And it's clowns' responsibility to fix their damage...

So to expunge the irrelevant data and get back to the data that matter...

U-of-L-Attendance-Comparsion.jpg

U of L was tracking within 2-3% of the national trend for five years prior to the arrival of clowns. Now, we're down >15%. And it's clowns' responsibility to fix their damage...

I and others have asked for a secondary axis that plots scandals. Can you make that happen or not? I’m starting to question your graphing skills.

I and others have asked for a secondary axis that plots scandals. Can you make that happen or not? I’m starting to question your graphing skills.
My skills are fine, I’ve moved past your clown show BS.

When are your clowns fixing the situation they were party to? “Vince” said this ain’t about one guy. That guy kept everything on track...

I've dismissed the two popular ones. The remaining event-related possibilities are...
  • People are unhappy with the basketball coach and/or this specific team.
  • People are unhappy with something else that occurred at the same time.
Just as I don't hear people say they're staying from basketball now because of the old regime, very few people admit they don't like Chris Mack--and that's irrespective of recent losses. So it must something else.

And the only other event that occurred in 2017 was the clown takeover. By the way, even if people don't like Mack, that still falls at the feet of clowns. Nor does it appear based on recent attendance numbers that people think the real clowns are gone, i.e, Gruesome, Postel at al. There must be the ongoing perception of clown behavior.

And your theory?...
95% of the people dont care and aren't going to stay home because of who the athletic director is. A lot of people didnt renew after they self banned and then even more quit renewing after the Padget year and back to back scandals. These people now realize its a lot cheaper to buy tickets at Stubhub instead of paying season ticket prices.

Reactions: CardVille
My skills are fine, I’ve moved past your clown show BS.

When are your clowns fixing the situation they were party to? “Vince” said this ain’t about one guy. That guy kept everything on track...

Your skills are lacking if you can’t do a secondary axis. If only that guy could’ve kept the b-ball coach and assistants on the right track. Anyways, your homework is to learn how to do a secondary axis. Good luck...I think you got this!

95% of the people dont care and aren't going to stay home because of who the athletic director is. A lot of people didnt renew after they self banned and then even more quit renewing after the Padget year and back to back scandals. These people now realize its a lot cheaper to buy tickets at Stubhub instead of paying season ticket prices.
If they’re just buying elsewhere, why is paid attendance down 4-5,000 per game? Doesn’t add up?...

Your skills are lacking if you can’t do a secondary axis. If only that guy could’ve kept the b-ball coach and assistants on the right track. Anyways, your homework is to learn how to do a secondary axis. Good luck...I think you got this!
Secondary axis LOL... I’ve forgotten more math than you’ll ever learn. But you’re without peer at apologizing for clowns...

If they’re just buying elsewhere, why is paid attendance down 4-5,000 per game? Doesn’t add up?...
Thats simple. They are only going to the better games. I know enough people doing that. You've also had people in this thread tell you thats what they are doing. Out of all the UofL threads I read you are the only one whinning about the AD. I liked Jurich but he put himself in the position that his blind loyalty to Pitino got him fired. If we are able to avoid more major NCAA sanctions its because we cleaned house. And talk about bad decisions- how did Self banning and giving Smrt all that money to consult help us in the end?

Thats simple. They are only going to the better games. I know enough people doing that. You've also had people in this thread tell you thats what they are doing. Out of all the UofL threads I read you are the only one whinning about the AD. I liked Jurich but he put himself in the position that his blind loyalty to Pitino got him fired. If we are able to avoid more major NCAA sanctions its because we cleaned house. And talk about bad decisions- how did Self banning and giving Smrt all that money to consult help us in the end?
5,000 less per game averages in high attendance games. It’s approaching 100,000 fewer admissions for the entire season. That’s not people buying from other sources, that’s people not buying.

And in the long run, it doesn’t matter if we agree how we got here. What matters is we have clowns at the controls trying to fix problems. And they’re apparently—but not surprisingly—clueless...

Ok cool. However asking for some improvements to your graph seems like a reasonable request Math Guy.
Just be careful with Excel. You’re more likely to hurt yourself than figure anything out.

Secondary axis LMAO...

5,000 less per game averages in high attendance games. It’s approaching 100,000 fewer admissions for the entire season. That’s not people buying from other sources, that’s people not buying.

And in the long run, it doesn’t matter if we agree how we got here. What matters is we have clowns at the controls trying to fix problems. And they’re apparently—but not surprisingly—clueless...

Hey Will Hunting, TeamCanada is saying if Jurich and former “clown show” would not have self banned and admitted guilt in the beginning then we wouldn’t be in this spot (attendance problems) to begin with....maybe

You know that’s another thing that just seems hypocritical in your arguments, you’re so mad about Tyra paying Bobby his buyout yet you so facile give Jurich a pass when he threw in the towel against the NCAA.

Last edited:
Just be careful with Excel. You’re more likely to hurt yourself than figure anything out.

Secondary axis LMAO...

Math Guy dropping the Excel insults. Your insults are about on par with your graphs. Are you going to produce the requested graph or is it out of your skill-set?

No. I said they are going to the better games and not the Sister of the poor games. Do a graph of the attendence for the top 5 teams we play. vs the bottom 5.

No. I said they are going to the better games and not the Sister of the poor games. Do a graph of the attendence for the top 5 teams we play. vs the bottom 5.
Wouldn’t that paint us as pathetic fans who only go to “good” games? I went to Indiana St, USC Upstate, Pittsburgh, Miami and GT games. Not because of the opponent but only because I was able to find reasonable ticket prices..

PS- just got an alert from TM. I can pay $245 each for 2 tickets in section 112, for VT game. Ha!

PSS - just got another text for buying upper level seats for $25!!! I guess they want to sellout for Senior Day.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t that paint us as pathetic fans who only go to “good” games? I went to Indiana St, USC Upstate, Pittsburgh, Miami and GT games. Not because of the opponent but only because I was able to find reasonable ticket prices..

PS- just got an alert from TM. I can pay $245 each for 2 tickets in section 112, for VT game. Ha!

PSS - just got another text for buying upper level seats for $25!!! I guess they want to sellout for Senior Day.
Ive seen a couple of those games myself . I think uppers were $6 but a weeknight game against a scrub opponent a lot of people are going to stay home and watch it on the tube. That parts not just a UofL problem. Look at Rupp attendence against the Little Sisters and you will see the same issue. But for whatever reason people arent going who the AD is or isn't is way down the list.

Ive seen a couple of those games myself . I think uppers were $6 but a weeknight game against a scrub opponent a lot of people are going to stay home and watch it on the tube. That parts not just a UofL problem. Look at Rupp attendence against the Little Sisters and you will see the same issue. But for whatever reason people arent going who the AD is or isn't is way down the list.
Don’t get me confuse with another poster. My issue is with making lower level tickets affordable so I can see my favorite team without sitting in upper deck. I love the atmosphere of being there in person. So whoever is in charge of that, if they can solve that problem, I think attendance would increase and “anticipated” sanctions would not have any effect, at least not on me.

Don’t get me confuse with another poster. My issue is with making lower level tickets affordable so I can see my favorite team without sitting in upper deck. I love the atmosphere of being there in person. So whoever is in charge of that, if they can solve that problem, I think attendance would increase and “anticipated” sanctions would not have any effect, at least not on me.
I agree they way overcharge but the lower bowl is usually full. Its the upper level wher the majority of the 5000 people are missing from

I agree they way overcharge but the lower bowl is usually full. Its the upper level wher the majority of the 5000 people are missing from

when the yum first opened they let people in to pick out their season tickets. I remember walking up to the top row and there was a seat on one end of the court at the top that if you sat back in the seat some of the court was cutoff from view.
At one game I went to, I was sitting upper level in first row. If anyone has sat in the first row the cable, or rail (can’t remember exactly what it was) actually disrupted my view because I’m tall, so I had to lean to see past it, so the guy behind me asks me and my nephew (also tall) not to lean because it was cutting off his view. The whole upper deck is just a massive design flaw.

I bet there are 1-2 thousand upper level folks that find empty seats in the lower arena. Nobody is looking because they want the appearance. He!! of a deal for $10.

Reactions: teamcanada
I bet there are 1-2 thousand upper level folks that find empty seats in the lower arena. Nobody is looking because they want the appearance. He!! of a deal for $10.
Geez, this thread is getting old and boring.

Hey Will Hunting, TeamCanada is saying if Jurich and former “clown show” would not have self banned and admitted guilt in the beginning then we wouldn’t be in this spot (attendance problems) to begin with....maybe

You know that’s another thing that just seems hypocritical in your arguments, you’re so mad about Tyra paying Bobby his buyout yet you so facile give Jurich a pass when he threw in the towel against the NCAA.
Two things you're wrong about...

Attendance was fine the year after we self imposed, almost 21,000 per game. When Jurich left, we fell outta bed. You're "in this spot" because clowns are clueless how to fix anything, which is their job to do.

Also, Doc Ramsey made the decision to self impose. It was not his finest hour...

Math Guy dropping the Excel insults. Your insults are about on par with your graphs. Are you going to produce the requested graph or is it out of your skill-set?
I'm waiting for you to give me comparable data for my "secondary axis"...LOL.

WTH difference does that make? If we charge $0 for the next slapd!ck home game, we'll have fans busting down the doors.

And still be careening toward bankruptcy...

Two things you're wrong about...

Attendance was fine the year after we self imposed, almost 21,000 per game. When Jurich left, we fell outta bed. You're "in this spot" because clowns are clueless how to fix anything, which is their job to do.

Also, Doc Ramsey made the decision to self impose. It was not his finest hour...

No, I’m not wrong, Jurich was more powerful than your average AD so I’m sure he 100% had Ramsey’s back in that decision as Ramsey would not have made a decision like that w/o Tom’s approval, one would be naive to think otherwise.
On the second point it was after the second scandal under Pitino (or third?) when our attendance really started to take a dip. Either way, the first scandal and the decisions that came after are what really got the ball rolling with all this fun stuff you like to talk about.

When Jurich left, we fell outta bed.

You are wrong, Jurich did not leave, he was fired. And don’t ever forget that it was under Jurich’s watch that all of these scandals with Pitino happened.

Reactions: teamcanada
I'm waiting for you to give me comparable data for my "secondary axis"...LOL.

To keep it simple you can just plot scandals. So you may not even need the other other axis since that seems to be out of your skill set. It’ll help build some context into what your graph is trying to show.

“After consulting with Director of Athletics Tom Jurich, we made the decision to withhold the men’s basketball program from all conference and NCAA postseason competition following the 2015-16 men’s basketball season. I recognize that this is a significant penalty for our program and will be a disappointment to our student athletes and to many in the U of L family — our students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends and our fans.”
Jurich said it was a sad day for the current players, “but we want to do what’s right by the university and the NCAA. We support these actions. They’re going to be very painful, as we all know, but we will move forward.”

No, I’m not wrong, Jurich was more powerful than your average AD so I’m sure he 100% had Ramsey’s back in that decision as Ramsey would not have made a decision like that w/o Tom’s approval, one would be naive to think otherwise.
On the second point it was after the second scandal under Pitino (or third?) when our attendance really started to take a dip. Either way, the first scandal and the decisions that came after are what really got the ball rolling with all this fun stuff you like to talk about.

You are wrong, Jurich did not leave, he was fired. And don’t ever forget that it was under Jurich’s watch that all of these scandals with Pitino happened.
I can link the video of Ramsey telling everyone it was his decision to self impose with Jurich sitting silent next to him. Let me know if you wanna see that.

And faced with being wrong, you're changing your narrative about our attendance decline. As I said, it doesn't matter when and why it happened. It's the clown show's job to fix it, and they're doing a miserable job so far.

The record shows that Jurich retired with all of the money he was due. Clowns had to go back on the decision to fire him, another one of their great accomplishments...

To keep it simple you can just plot scandals. So you may not even need the other other axis since that seems to be out of your skill set. It’ll help build some context into what your graph is trying to show.
You've already backtracked and said there's no comparable data. So there's nothing to plot or support your argument except your rehashed opinions...

At the 1:10 mark, Ramsey says...
"After consulting with Tom, I made the decision to withhold the men's basketball program from all conference and NCAA postseason competition..."

I counted that same pronoun FOUR times in the 1:10 leading up to the above statement by Ramsey.

Some may also recall the Main Street bar that hung the “Fire Ramsey” banner in the aftermath. And later that week, Pitino started calling it “Tom’s decision” after those guys realized Ramsey didn’t have the street cred to take the heat for his decision. It was Ramsey trying to look presidential instead of doing what he did best which was shaking hands and raising money…

Last edited:
I can link the video of Ramsey telling everyone it was his decision to self impose with Jurich sitting silent next to him. Let me know if you wanna see that.

And faced with being wrong, you're changing your narrative about our attendance decline. As I said, it doesn't matter when and why it happened. It's the clown show's job to fix it, and they're doing a miserable job so far.

The record shows that Jurich retired with all of the money he was due. Clowns had to go back on the decision to fire him, another one of their great accomplishments...

You’re spinning, Tom definitely had a hand in the decision.
And yeah sure, Jurich “left”. Ha, I bet you really believe that.

After consulting with Tom, I made the decision to withhold the men's basketball program from all conference and NCAA postseason competition..."

I counted that same pronoun FOUR times in the 1:10 leading up to the above statement by Ramsey.

Some may also recall the Main Street bar that hung the “Fire Ramsey” banner in the aftermath. And later that week, Pitino started calling it “Tom’s decision” after those guys realized Ramsey didn’t have the street cred to take the heat for his decision. It was Ramsey trying to look presidential instead of doing what he did best which was shaking hands and raising money…

That’s better

You've already backtracked and said there's no comparable data. So there's nothing to plot or support your argument except your rehashed opinions...

Each school having a scandal is comparable. It just so happens that UofL has two. You are flailing here.

"After consulting with Tom, I made the decision to withhold the men's basketball program from all conference and NCAA postseason competition..."

“During the Committee meeting, Mr. Smrt reviewed the current information that he had shared with Dr. Ramsey and Athletic Director Tom Jurich the previous afternoon," read a statement from UofL spokesman John Karman on Tuesday morning. "Based upon the information that Smrt reported to Ramsey and Jurich on Thursday, the committee was informed that the decision was made by the two principals to impose the postseason ban."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT