ADVERTISEMENT

Puma

STLNBSE

700+
Feb 27, 2003
is a tragic character, but one I take pity upon. Gifted, but failed. Cursed with promise, yet grounded by shortcomings. The Tony Kimbro of the gridiron. I guess.

Reactions: LouisvilleMan1975
is a tragic character, but one I take pity upon. Gifted, but failed. Cursed with promise, yet grounded by shortcomings. The Tony Kimbro of the gridiron. I guess.

He has zero confidence. I’m afraid he doesn’t have enough alpha dog that is needed for the position. He has some serious mechanical deficiencies as well - doesn’t shift his weight on the throw.

His lack of preparation to play the position at this level for the last three years is readily apparent.

And while that’s mostly on him, it’s also on the QB coach for failing to call him on his bull crap.

At the end of the day it is always the player that determines their own trajectory up or down. You just don't find any of the elite players at the professional level that don't have a great work ethic. Good or bad coaching helps accelerate the that trajectory.

it seems that if any receiver, especially smith, had caught any passes that hit them right in the hands Puma may have had more confidence but when execute perfectly, throw a perfect pass fifteen yards down field to a wide open receiver and the receiver flat out drops the ball, and that this happens 2-3 times a game, and instead of being first down, it's now third and long, knowing the line cannot block for you, and geez, maybe on the next throw, since everything else around you sucks and fails, maybe you start to lose your focus and think about everything else and thus your confidence goes away, your focus is lost and your throws are now off.
puma certainly has had throws go awry, but so did lamar, constantly he missed throws, but our receivers this year have been absolutely horrible. they cannot catch wide open passes and as a fan watching, every dropped pass has led to a punt, not a td.

if half the dropped passes were caught this year our defense would have been on the field half the time. plain and simple our offense line and receivers have caused a dominoe effect of ineptitude. but if you go back to the first game, and just about every other game, jaylen smith has been wide open for a first down, dropped an easy catch, and then we punt,. instead of driving for a score we punt because out star receiver cannot catch. so while we think puma stinks, i fell like he is being made a scapegoat. is it his fault he made a perfect throw and the receiver dropped it?
alabama is great because their players focus and catch the ball. i've love to know how many drives have ended for this reason? if Puma ended up at alabama, he may not be Tua, but i'm sure saban would have made him a better qb than our coach did. their recevieres can catch and keep drives alive not end them. regretfully for puma, his very first passes were dropped, and then dropped again, and again and eventually his lost his confidence in himself and his teammates. i don't blame him at all. plus bobby should have stuck with him.bobby failed as a coach in the off season to understand his team and we are all paying the price.

^^^^ leadership and management in all areas of life are the backbones of success. leaders must educate, train, empower, console, uplift, and encourage employees/students/family. so what he said ^^^^

Reactions: GoldCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT