ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Our Regular Season Record Thread

How many Regular Season Wins do the Cards get this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
The countdown is now officially on I say, game one is 9/5.

Will be interesting to see how the year goes.

Thoughts?

Petrino has done some great things in year 2 historically, but I think the lack of QB prowess will bite us this year...not that 7 wins is bad...This years schedule is special and we don't have the special players to go along with it...7 will be a good year.

Of all the things I might pick to indicate a less than stellar year "Lack of QB prowess" would not be on the list.

With an extra year, I think Bonnafon will be a standout in 2015. Sidestepping CBP1's legacy of outstanding QB coaching and prep, as well as the simple fact that RB is far from our offense's only QB alternative, I'd say that U of L will benefit from a far less precarious 2015 set of QB contributions. Lack of prowess is not an issue and it is about as deep a unit of QBs as you'll see anywhere in college football.

For me, the real ? is how we replace DeVante Parker--and certainly last year indicates not easily--so the real key offensively is at WR. In the end, I think this WR corps will be better than 2014-sans-Parker right off the bat, and that will make the diff in at least one of UL vs. Clemson and UL vs. FSU (more likely the home game v. Clemson, right?).

We actually have a shot at the upset in the opener but am not ready to call that. I think we will be more competitive than we were in the bowl game v. UGA.

Having reached the tipping point I see a 10-2 regular season (with a possible surprise slip-up in one of the in conference road games other than FSU that would have us at 9-3 regular season) with losses being @Auburn in Atlanta and @FSU.

My optimism comes down to what I believe will be an overall offensive sans-Parker improvement and what will be a truly dominant defense in 2015. Defense wins games and I think Coach will get the O rolling this year so I'm at the tipping point of unreconstructed optimism.

Yes, a lesser season than 10-2 is more than possible but I also believe we will (in CBP2s catch phrase, "COMPETE" at all times in 2015). I believe we will resolve our OL issues fairly early on and see at the least, incremental improvements in offense vs. early 2014

Last edited:
Of the upsets early i really like our chances against Clemson...they return 5 total starters and it is a short week on the road for them

Petrino has done some great things in year 2 historically, but I think the lack of QB prowess will bite us this year...not that 7 wins is bad...This years schedule is special and we don't have the special players to go along with it...7 will be a good year.

I'd be interested to know how you get to "Lack of QB prowess" because I find that to be a baffling statement just on the face of it. I'd like to hear more about it and your reasoning definitely.

Reactions: American Male
I think we'll lose 2 out of 3 against the lineup of Clemson, FSU, and Auburn, and one more along the way to a team NOT named Kentucky.

Reactions: Drakew
Eight wins. Beat Samford. Win 4 of 5 in the group of Houston; BC; @wake; Syracuse; and UVa. Win 2 of 3 in the group of @ NCSt; @Pitt and @UK; and win 1 of 3 in group of AU; Clemson; and @FSU. Cards always seem to lose one they should win and win one they should lose.

That is pretty much how i see it

Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Oct. 17 at Florida State LOST
Oct. 24 Boston College WIN
Oct. 30 at Wake Forest WIN
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 21 at Pittsburgh WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

I think the Cards can win 6-7 games this year and possible 8. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Going to the ACC was a step up but BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt are just as bad as the Big East and AAC teams that UL played in the past. You should handle them easily.

Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

I think the Cards can win 6-7 games this year and possible 8. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Going to the ACC was a step up but BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt are just as bad as the Big East and AAC teams that UL played in the past. You should handle them easily.

We'll beat NCSU by 14 IMO. Good to read a Blueys take on things although just about as expected in terms of stated opinion and outcome. ;-)

People have Clemson as a loss which baffles me...they lost their entire 2 Deep in their Front Seven on Defense...they are replacing 4 out of 5 Offensive Linemen and Watson is coming off Torn ACL Surgery and they are coming here on a short week

If the team can stay injury free to key positions, I can see 9 wins possible, 8 wins for sure. One game I will give a score on, Louisville 38 - u of kay 20.

I'll go with 8-4. Same as my prediction last year, on a tougher schedule this year with the addition of Auburn. I see our probable losses as Auburn and FSU, Clemson as a possible loss, and an unexpected loss to BC, @ NC St., or @ Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

"Lost." LOL!

Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

Going to the ACC was a step up but BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt are just as bad as the Big East and AAC teams that UL played in the past. You should handle them easily.

Pitt and BC both went to bowls. BC has been to bowls two years in a row. Pitt has been to a bowl seven years in a row. They aren't bottom feeders.

And both those programs have had our # over the years.

Those aren't easy wins.

You mean the same Boston College that pounded USC last year?

No kidding. They also won @ NC St - nice road win against a bowl team. Lost by 3 to FSU, lost by 4 to Clemson. Beat Va Tech - BC is plenty competitive.

6 of PITT's losses were a total of 34 pts.

Don't get me wrong not preaching moral victory stuff, but both those programs went to bowls last year and both can knock the snot out of a good team on their day.

The thing is, whether this one was intentional or not - the UK fan mindset is to low bar any team UofL plays unless the UofL opponent of course, is an upper tier SEC team.

BC is sitting on b2b 7 win seasons, with a guy that's been there.... 2 seasons. UK fans tell you their coach needs time, but hey let's just refer to BC as bad just because it sounds about right even though it's far from the truth. BC will ram the ball down a team's throat.

Pitt and BC have had traditionally stout teams in the past. Granted, neither has been able to sustain high success of late, but both programs are plenty competitive right now.

Pitt fans are probably tired of playing in mid tier bowls and unhappy, because they've seen great players and seen the team at the highest level. Even during a down cycle - 7 straight bowls.

Of all the things I might pick to indicate a less than stellar year "Lack of QB prowess" would not be on the list.

With an extra year, I think Bonnafon will be a standout in 2015. Sidestepping CBP1's legacy of outstanding QB coaching and prep, as well as the simple fact that RB is far from our offense's only QB alternative, I'd say that U of L will benefit from a far less precarious 2015 set of QB contributions. Lack of prowess is not an issue and it is about as deep a unit of QBs as you'll see anywhere in college football.

For me, the real ? is how we replace DeVante Parker--and certainly last year indicates not easily--so the real key offensively is at WR. In the end, I think this WR corps will be better than 2014-sans-Parker right off the bat, and that will make the diff in at least one of UL vs. Clemson and UL vs. FSU (more likely the home game v. Clemson, right?).

We actually have a shot at the upset in the opener but am not ready to call that. I think we will be more competitive than we were in the bowl game v. UGA.

Having reached the tipping point I see a 10-2 regular season (with a possible surprise slip-up in one of the in conference road games other than FSU that would have us at 9-3 regular season) with losses being @Auburn in Atlanta and @FSU.

My optimism comes down to what I believe will be an overall offensive sans-Parker improvement and what will be a truly dominant defense in 2015. Defense wins games and I think Coach will get the O rolling this year so I'm at the tipping point of unreconstructed optimism.

Yes, a lesser season than 10-2 is more than possible but I also believe we will (in CBP2s catch phrase, "COMPETE" at all times in 2015). I believe we will resolve our OL issues fairly early on and see at the least, incremental improvements in offense vs. early 2014
I don't worry about losing players like Parker. They won't replace him with anyone person, but as a group the receiver core is an interesting blend of size and speed. Skill positions are always much easier to replace than the big uglies.

This season will boil down to the OLine. Will they become a solid unit early enough to start out 4-2? I can't picture a win against Auburn because the O-line is a huge question mark. They are going to struggling in that game. Can they get it together to win 2 of 3 in the Clemson, NC State, and Florida State? By that stretch we will know if they are coming together offensively. If they are clicking then watch out because they have the skill players to put up points.

I am not worried about the defense at all. The Auburn game will be a challenge for the defense. I won't get too worked up if they give up some big yards. I don't think they will see any other great offenses the rest of the year. Clemson we still be adjusting to the new OC plus OLine is being revamped like Louisivlle. Florida State, sorry replacing him will not be easy.

I think they struggle early start figuring it out end up with 7-8 wins. If the line comes together early then that number could end up at 9 or 10.

11-1 Clemson is at home. FSU is without Winston, new QB and RB Cook. Auburn will be the only loss I think.

Agree and Disagree...11-1...We beat Auburn...WAY OVER RATED (Same as when they were ranked to high to start the season and got CRUSHED by USC)...Lose LATE at FSU.

Don't those that are picking us to lose to Auburn and Clemson know that BOTH of them lost as much or more than we did to graduation or early entry to the NFL!!!

The difference is, and WILL BE coaching...I'll take Bobby ANYDAY, EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!!!

:cool:

Reactions: pervisl
The Major Difference is Auburn and Clemson recruits 4-5 Stars every year and have Top 15 recruiting classes and UL does not. They reload and UL rebuilds. Beating teams like BC, Wake Forest, Temple, UConn and etc does not put you on their level. Sorry.

The Major Difference is Auburn and Clemson recruits 4-5 Stars every year and have Top 15 recruiting classes and UL does not. They reload and UL rebuilds. Beating teams like BC, Wake Forest, Temple, UConn and etc does not put you on their level. Sorry.

Yup...UofL rebuilds...during the BCS/CFP Era the Cardinals have won more BCS/CFP Bowl Games than Clemson and has finished in the Top 25 just as much if not more than the Tigers...also last I checked Clemson and Florida State also play Wake Forest and Boston College...also BC goes to Bowl Games, 13 Bowl Games out of the last 15 years...had Heisman Winners etc...etc

Clemson only returning 5 Total Starters and lost their entire 2 Deep in their Front Seven and basically their entire Offensive Line and Clemson has a new Offensive Coordinator with DeShawn Watson coming off ACL Surgery...remember UofL let that game slip away last year at Clemson and we didn't have Parker

Last edited:
Yup...UofL rebuilds...during the BCS/CFP Era the Cardinals have won more BCS/CFP Bowl Games than Clemson and has finished in the Top 25 just as much if not more than the Tigers...also last I checked Clemson and Florida State also play Wake Forest and Boston College...also BC goes to Bowl Games, 13 Bowl Games out of the last 15 years...had Heisman Winners etc...etc

Clemson only returning 5 Total Starters and lost their entire 2 Deep in their Front Seven and basically their entire Offensive Line and Clemson has a new Offensive Coordinator with DeShawn Watson coming off ACL Surgery...remember UofL let that game slip away last year at Clemson and we didn't have Parker

UK football fans can't recall anything from their own miserable history if the month is either July or August so it's expecting a lot to expect them to recall that Wake, UConn, and BC would all ROLL OVER U of K in most years. "BigBlueFanClub" is a nitwit, clearly, since he also included Pitt above as a program to dismiss when Pitt owned the Cayuts in a bowl in the same time period he's trying to ridicule the BE over.

Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

giphy.gif

Louisville has recruited 2-3* guys that were BETTER than the 4-5* guys that Auburn and Clemson recruited (Eric Woods, Elvis Dumerville, Dion Branch etc...)...Thats why Louisville has 39 ACTIVE Players on NLF Rosters...Its NOT about what recruiting services think...Its about the INDIVIDUAL and the Coaches that TEACH them!!!

Loosing to teams like Vanderbilt, Western Kentucky, Ohio, Ole Piss, and LOOSING to BAD Florida Teams for 29 years and BAD Tennessee Teams for 28 of the last 29 years etc...Puts you BELOW their level, and you've been there since Bear Bryant left!!!

Hell, you COULDN't beat Indiana on a consistant basis so you guys tucked your tails and ran from them...INDIANA...WERE TALKING ABOUT INDIANA!!!

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: pervisl and Mayoman
UL Laf - Loss
USC - Loss
UF - Loss
Missouri - Loss
EKU - Win (finally)
AUB - Loss
Miss St - Loss
UT - Loss
UG - Loss