ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Our Regular Season Record Thread

How many Regular Season Wins do the Cards get this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be interested to know how you get to "Lack of QB prowess" because I find that to be a baffling statement just on the face of it. I'd like to hear more about it and your reasoning definitely.
Here's my take, just opinion...
WG is on questionable legs and wasn't particularly mobile to begin with, he has the best vision and arm of the bunch; and for me, if he's solid on his feet, he's our best option. I'd give him a solid B+ when healthy.
RB is very athletic with decent arm strength, but was rattled in the UK game and had moments of looking to run or locking on receivers and making bad defensive reads. Based on last year, I'd give him a B-. Progression is expected, and he was pretty green...so there is definite potential...can't bank on a breakthrough though.
KB had one good game...out of two...granted UGA is a tough second game...not a whole lot to go on in terms of in game performance, so big ??? on his potential.
All the rest have good palmares, but no big game experience.

that's my reasoning, you don't have to agree...as the old saying goes; if you have a good quarterback competition, you don't have a good quarterback...or something like that. Ergo lack of QB prowess. Hope they prove me wrong as the day is long.

PROWESS noun
  1. 1.
    skill or expertise in a particular activity or field.
    "his prowess as a fisherman"
    synonyms: skill, expertise, mastery, facility, ability, capability, capacity, savoir faire, talent, genius, adeptness, aptitude, dexterity, deftness,competence, accomplishment, proficiency, finesse;
    informalknow-how
    "his prowess as a winemaker"
  2. 2.
    bravery in battle.
    synonyms: courage, bravery, gallantry, valor, heroism, intrepidity, nerve, pluck,pluckiness, feistiness, boldness, daring, audacity, fearlessness;More

PROWESS noun
  1. 1.
    skill or expertise in a particular activity or field.
    "his prowess as a fisherman"
    synonyms: skill, expertise, mastery, facility, ability, capability, capacity, savoir faire, talent, genius, adeptness, aptitude, dexterity, deftness,competence, accomplishment, proficiency, finesse;
    informalknow-how
    "his prowess as a winemaker"
  2. 2.
    bravery in battle.
    synonyms: courage, bravery, gallantry, valor, heroism, intrepidity, nerve, pluck,pluckiness, feistiness, boldness, daring, audacity, fearlessness;More
Not sure if you're trying to debunk my use of the word or not; I think it applies as I listed our QB's weaknesses that would affect their prowess...it's getting a little semantic for me...and reasonable people can disagree.

Going w/ 7 wins here. Might catch grief, but I think after needing to replace over half the first unit winning 7 games is a good season. I know others expect more, I just think we're going to have a rough early part of the season but I think the team will improve down the stretch and hopefully catch an intriguing bowl.

GO CARDS!

Not sure if you're trying to debunk my use of the word or not; I think it applies as I listed our QB's weaknesses that would affect their prowess...it's getting a little semantic for me...and reasonable people can disagree.

Semantics aside, I think given who we were replacing, how much adversity our QBs saw (iffy OL play at times, injuries), that they showed a lot of "prowess." Which was where we disagreed, reasonably. My confidence in our offense for 2015 is because of our QBs not in spite of them. Plus, I trust CBP's player development esp. on offense, and I'm learning to trust Coach Grantham more every day. Our D couldn't stop a Jameis Winston or a Nick Chubb...very few Ds could last year...I believe our offense this year will have more answers...not fewer...keeping in mind we only had Parker for 4 games and a bowl.

Sep. 5 at Auburn LOST
Sep. 12 Houston WIN
Sep. 17 Clemson LOST
Sep. 26 Samford WIN
Oct. 3 at NC State LOST
Oct. 17 at Florida State LOST
Oct. 24 Boston College WIN
Oct. 30 at Wake Forest WIN
Nov. 7 Syracuse WIN
Nov. 14 Virginia WIN
Nov. 21 at Pittsburgh WIN
Nov. 28 at Kentucky LOST

I think the Cards can win 6-7 games this year and possible 8. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Going to the ACC was a step up but BC, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt are just as bad as the Big East and AAC teams that UL played in the past. You should handle them easily.
Did you mean to say "LOSS" as opposed to "LOST"? Or maybe you should have said "WON" instead of "WIN".

WTF dude? Get some syntax going in your favor. Represent.

Anyone else catch that Chris Fallica (an ESPN handicapper) was bullish on the Cardinal football team said that he thinks UL is the leading dark horse to make the CFP and when they did the over-under on the consensus 7.5 wins he said "way over." So, like I said, I called 10 wins this year (and that it's more than a hope but less than analysis), but guys...we got a football team one way or another. Cards are a team of the near future. How near is anyone's guess I just think 2015 is going to be real nice for proving pessimists wrong. I saw it but am being reminded of it right now on the Ramsey/Rutherford show right now. Also, prowess at QB! ;-P

Last edited:
I predict Cards deck the ACC

&

join us @ the pig skin final 4.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

The Major Difference is Auburn and Clemson recruits 4-5 Stars every year and have Top 15 recruiting classes and UL does not. They reload and UL rebuilds. Beating teams like BC, Wake Forest, Temple, UConn and etc does not put you on their level. Sorry.[/QUOTE
Florida has top 15 recruiting classes..we beat them..NDame has top 15 ..we beat them.

The countdown is now officially on I say, game one is 9/5.

Will be interesting to see how the year goes.

Thoughts?
I read these predictions and wonder....why not win them all? We are loaded at every position & Coach Petrino has always had great success in his second year. This Auburn game reminds me so much of the Sugar Bowl game my son & I attended. No chance al all against Florida, per B. Herbstreit. I say we go undefeated. Some fans wills scoff, say "don't get your hopes too high". Why not? Trust me, my wife and I will NOT give up our long-standing season tickets with a much less than perfect year! We are going to the Auburn game, and win or lose, we will be at all of our home games as well as the final game of the year at Lexington. This is the pre-season, when all teams across the country have the exact same record. I see a perfect season and a spot in the College Football Playoff. If I'm wrong, so what? My attitude is the exact same as our coaching staff; concede no game.

GO CARDS!!!!!!

We're predicting based on reason. Not trying to Joe SuperFan each other. Of course you want to "win em all." That just isn't very likely. And we aren't "loaded at every position " by any means.

We're predicting based on reason. Not trying to Joe SuperFan each other. Of course you want to "win em all." That just isn't very likely. And we aren't "loaded at every position " by any means.
I base my observation(s) on what I see. I saw all of the spring and the (4) open fall practices. I like what I saw, and I stand by my earlier statements. If you saw all the practices and still have a different opinion, so be it. If you didn't see all of the practices, then I disagree that you are "predicting on reason". I would venture to guess you are predicting on reputation.

You're being silly.
Seriously, "CardFan" have you seen the Cardinals this year, at all? Now, granted, I have not seen Auburn or any of our other opponents this year, but I know what I do see. This U of L team is very deep at all positions, as I previously stated. The second year team of any Petrino era has been very successful, as I previously stated. I guess our definition of "silly" is different. Basing a pre-season win/loss prediction on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever seems "silly" to me.

I'm also saying 10-2. I'm a half full cup person. I think we should have won both the Virginia and Clemson games last season...but our inexperience replacing Teddy showed.

I am tempted to believe what I am hearing - which is that our defense will be stout. Our offense has been rebuilt but it has the merit of having an adequate caravan of QB's. Players will all be tuned into the Petrino offense now, expecting to do work. An above average offense and a terrific defense is pretty deadly.

I also think one of our losses may be Pitt or BC. NC State, perhaps.

Reactions: Mayoman
Seriously, "CardFan" have you seen the Cardinals this year, at all? Now, granted, I have not seen Auburn or any of our other opponents this year, but I know what I do see. This U of L team is very deep at all positions, as I previously stated. The second year team of any Petrino era has been very successful, as I previously stated. I guess our definition of "silly" is different. Basing a pre-season win/loss prediction on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever seems "silly" to me.

You have absolutely no knowledge either. And yes it is silly and nothing other than fanboy speak to predict 12-0 especially seeing as that has never ever happened in program history. Too you admit that you know nothing of other teams. Rah-rah, yay team
Is awesome but I thought this thread was for serious discussion and reality based predictions. No one but you has said even 11-1, much less undefeated.

You have absolutely no knowledge either. And yes it is silly and nothing other than fanboy speak to predict 12-0 especially seeing as that has never ever happened in program history. Too you admit that you know nothing of other teams. Rah-rah, yay team
Is awesome but I thought this thread was for serious discussion and reality based predictions. No one but you has said even 11-1, much less undefeated.

Well, at least I've determined one thing from this dialogue. You cannot answer a direct question. Have you seen the Cardinals this year, at all? And English must be your second language. I never stated I knew nothing about the other teams. I wrote I have not yet SEEN any of them this year. I too believe this thread is for serious discussion. I gave my thoughts and reasons for an undefeated season. "This has never happened before in program history"...your statement, correct. So this means it can't? I saw you earlier gave a 8 win 4 loss prediction. Can you give any logical reasons why?

Reactions: American Male
Who would have predicted our baseball team would set a league record for wins in our first year in the league? Or that we would win 30 games a year in hoops? Or that the men's and women's basketball teams would play NCAA Championship games a couple days apart?

I think Petrino could create a masterpiece or two. I buy that. I think his best work is still ahead of him. This was a ridiculously fabulous hire, imo.

I saw you earlier gave a 8 win 4 loss prediction. Can you give any logical reasons why?

So you saw a team practice and play a scrimmage (against itself) and that leads you to a conclusion that we'll run the table and that we're "loaded at every position"? That's Fanboy talk and not based upon reality. We're far from "loaded" at QB, WR and the OL. Did you see the OL last year? It was atrocious. This year it's likely to rely on one or more true FR. The D is stout; the O is more like loaded with question marks. So there's my logical reasons. Too, the schedule is brutal. Auburn, Clemson and FSU in Tallahassee. NC St. in Raleigh is no pushover either. So that seems a tad more logical than Johnny Fanboy like talks of 12-0. No one in the world except the fanboys are predicting 12-0. That's why I said it was silly.

Semantics aside, I think given who we were replacing, how much adversity our QBs saw (iffy OL play at times, injuries), that they showed a lot of "prowess." Which was where we disagreed, reasonably. My confidence in our offense for 2015 is because of our QBs not in spite of them. Plus, I trust CBP's player development esp. on offense, and I'm learning to trust Coach Grantham more every day. Our D couldn't stop a Jameis Winston or a Nick Chubb...very few Ds could last year...I believe our offense this year will have more answers...not fewer...keeping in mind we only had Parker for 4 games and a bowl.

I can totally dig the optimism, I just saw things out of our qb spot last year that are hard to fix...CBP can do some great things with that position , but throw in poor protection and it's easy to see trouble coming...I see what your saying though, I had high hopes last year and I thought we left some games on the table as well, I just see that trend as more ominous for this season as opposed to your take that it is correctable. We will be in every game, and the margain for victory will be small...if we have grown as you think, you may well be right. I sure hope you are.

So you saw a team practice and play a scrimmage (against itself) and that leads you to a conclusion that we'll run the table and that we're "loaded at every position"? That's Fanboy talk and not based upon reality. We're far from "loaded" at QB, WR and the OL. Did you see the OL last year? It was atrocious. This year it's likely to rely on one or more true FR. The D is stout; the O is more like loaded with question marks. So there's my logical reasons. Too, the schedule is brutal. Auburn, Clemson and FSU in Tallahassee. NC St. in Raleigh is no pushover either. So that seems a tad more logical than Johnny Fanboy like talks of 12-0. No one in the world except the fanboys are predicting 12-0. That's why I said it was silly.

Some people can watch an athlete perform in practice and base their opinions on how that translates into actual game conditions; some can not. I've seen the size and talent of this year's O-Line; the O-line will be just fine. Last year was a big adjustment to a new offense from players who were recruited for a different skillset. I was hoping Hughley would work out at center, but he was not up to the task; over-powered at the point of attack way too often. Pedro Sibiea will not have that problem. The unit performed much better last year when Epps was moved in at starting tackle. J.C. transfers Khalil Hunter and Kiola Mahoni have been impressive at practice, but you would have to be there to see that. The fact that true freshmen Geron Christian and Kenny Thomas are pushing for playing time is not surprising at all to those of us who follow college football. True freshmen are making impacts on college teams throughout the country; bigger, stronger and ready to face the changes to the college environment that ever before. Also, the NFL now takes talented juniors, something they did not do years ago. College coaches have recognized this, and are much less likely to redshirt freshmen as in years past.

Devante Parker, though he missed (7) games last year, will be missed, no doubt about it. But if you took the time to watch James Quick, A & M transfer JaQuay Savage, UAB transfer Jamari Staples, explosive J.C. transfers tight end Cole Hikutini and wide-out Gio Pascascio, tight end Mickey Crum, true freshmen Devante Peete, Emonee Spence and Traveon Samuel, you would know this a deep, talented unit.

Quarterback. I guess you know more about this than Coach Petrino who stated numerous times that he is much, much more satisfied with this position than at any time last year. All four have had their moments this spring and fall. Reggie seemed to have it locked up this spring, but Will has re-entered the picture in the fall camp. There were times Bolin looked the best of the four, but I truly have no idea who Bobby will pick as a starter. Lamar Jackson is an absolute true talent who the coaching staff raves over; throws tight spirals and very athletic. I saw him hit at one practice hit his receivers on the dead run (3) times against good coverage, all three passes 50 yards plus. I would not at all be surprised to see him in the Auburn game in some special "Wild Card" package.

I do agree the schedule is daunting. For some reason you left out Pitt, who is returning the reading rusher in the conference, B.C., who will be a tough out, Houston, one of the pre-season ACC favorites, and UK, who has definitely raised their talent level. I'll repeat, in case you are still reading at this point, this team is deep enough and talented to go undefeated against this schedule. You can come with all the cute "Johnny Fanboy" monikers you want. You stated: "No one in the world except the fanboys are predicting 12-0. That's why I said it was silly.[/QUOTE]" Funny, I saw an ESPN college football pre-season show that TWO of the analysts predicted U of L will be in the hunt for the four team college football playoff. To do that in the ACC this year will require an undefeated season. They must be "Johnny Fanboys" too.

I do encourage our true fans to attend all open practices the coaching staff makes available to us. For those who really know and can understand what they are watching, it is an enlightening and entertaining experience.

Wait, almost forgot my "Johnny Fanboy" send-off.....GO CARDS!!!!!

Again you're being preposterously silly. I would agree that there may be a few people who can watch a practice and make some educated guess as to how it might translate. I just doubt seriously that you're one of those people. Again only fanboy types think we're "loaded at EVERY position" (because we aren't). And only outlandish fanboys are expecting an undefeated season. All you did was spout off the names if a lot of as of yet unproven players. You sound like a UK fan that says 10-2

In fact I'm willing to bet you any amount of money you wish that your prediction doesn't come true

Some people can watch an athlete perform in practice and base their opinions on how that translates into actual game conditions; some can not. I've seen the size and talent of this year's O-Line; the O-line will be just fine. Last year was a big adjustment to a new offense from players who were recruited for a different skillset. I was hoping Hughley would work out at center, but he was not up to the task; over-powered at the point of attack way too often. Pedro Sibiea will not have that problem. The unit performed much better last year when Epps was moved in at starting tackle. J.C. transfers Khalil Hunter and Kiola Mahoni have been impressive at practice, but you would have to be there to see that. The fact that true freshmen Geron Christian and Kenny Thomas are pushing for playing time is not surprising at all to those of us who follow college football. True freshmen are making impacts on college teams throughout the country; bigger, stronger and ready to face the changes to the college environment that ever before. Also, the NFL now takes talented juniors, something they did not do years ago. College coaches have recognized this, and are much less likely to redshirt freshmen as in years past.

Devante Parker, though he missed (7) games last year, will be missed, no doubt about it. But if you took the time to watch James Quick, A & M transfer JaQuay Savage, UAB transfer Jamari Staples, explosive J.C. transfers tight end Cole Hikutini and wide-out Gio Pascascio, tight end Mickey Crum, true freshmen Devante Peete, Emonee Spence and Traveon Samuel, you would know this a deep, talented unit.

Quarterback. I guess you know more about this than Coach Petrino who stated numerous times that he is much, much more satisfied with this position than at any time last year. All four have had their moments this spring and fall. Reggie seemed to have it locked up this spring, but Will has re-entered the picture in the fall camp. There were times Bolin looked the best of the four, but I truly have no idea who Bobby will pick as a starter. Lamar Jackson is an absolute true talent who the coaching staff raves over; throws tight spirals and very athletic. I saw him hit at one practice hit his receivers on the dead run (3) times against good coverage, all three passes 50 yards plus. I would not at all be surprised to see him in the Auburn game in some special "Wild Card" package.

I do agree the schedule is daunting. For some reason you left out Pitt, who is returning the reading rusher in the conference, B.C., who will be a tough out, Houston, one of the pre-season ACC favorites, and UK, who has definitely raised their talent level. I'll repeat, in case you are still reading at this point, this team is deep enough and talented to go undefeated against this schedule. You can come with all the cute "Johnny Fanboy" monikers you want. You stated: "No one in the world except the fanboys are predicting 12-0. That's why I said it was silly.
" Funny, I saw an ESPN college football pre-season show that TWO of the analysts predicted U of L will be in the hunt for the four team college football playoff. To do that in the ACC this year will require an undefeated season. They must be "Johnny Fanboys" too.

I do encourage our true fans to attend all open practices the coaching staff makes available to us. For those who really know and can understand what they are watching, it is an enlightening and entertaining experience.

Wait, almost forgot my "Johnny Fanboy" send-off.....GO CARDS!!!!![/QUOTE]

Ummm I didn't mention Pitt, BC or Houston because I expect to win those. Duh!

" Funny, I saw an ESPN college football pre-season show that TWO of the analysts predicted U of L will be in the hunt for the four team college football playoff. To do that in the ACC this year will require an undefeated season. They must be "Johnny Fanboys" too.

Wait, almost forgot my "Johnny Fanboy" send-off.....GO CARDS!!!!!

Ummm I didn't mention Pitt, BC or Houston because I expect to win those. Duh![/QUOTE]

"You" expect those, duh? Based on your keen observations and instinctual college insight, duh? No comment(s) on anything else I reported? I didn't think there would be.

No because it was all ridiculous. You spouted off names of every player you could think---some of whom have never played a down of major college football as some sort of proof that we're somehow "loaded at EVERY position." Your posts are getting more and more inane. Let's put some $$ on it.

Ummm I didn't mention Pitt, BC or Houston because I expect to win those. Duh!

"You" expect those, duh? [\QUOTE]

Yes this is a prediction thread. You know....we look at our team AND other teams and try to decide what the record will be. As opposed to "rah-rah we're better than everybody and you aren't a 'true' fan if you think otherwise." Because we have a generally intelligent fan base everybody but you has been realistic in pointing out both the positive AND negative. Those are "true" fans.

"You" expect those, duh? [\QUOTE]

Yes this is a prediction thread. You know....we look at our team AND other teams and try to decide what the record will be. As opposed to "rah-rah we're better than everybody and you aren't a 'true' fan if you think otherwise." Because we have a generally intelligent fan base everybody but you has been realistic in pointing out both the positive AND negative. Those are "true" fans.

Yawn. Enjoy your ignorance of the sport. I've tried to help you understand what you claim you watch, but I see my attempts have been futile. Regular season 12 - 0. Enough said to a close-minded fool.

Haha! Right hard to argue with such brilliance. After all you went to a practice and know the names of some players. Good stuff fanboy! Going to address my offer to put $ on it, fanboy?

I do agree the schedule is daunting. For some reason you left out Pitt, who is returning the reading rusher in the conference, B.C., who will be a tough out, Houston, one of the pre-season ACC favorites, and UK, who has definitely raised their talent level. I'll repeat, in case you are still reading at this point, this team is deep enough and talented to go undefeated against this schedule. You can come with all the cute "Johnny Fanboy" monikers you want. You stated: "No one in the world except the fanboys are predicting 12-0. That's why I said it was silly.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Yep like you said we're absolutely loaded at every position.....especially the OL and QB

ADVERTISEMENT