ADVERTISEMENT

Post Brohm - No Neal Brown

Offer Brown a contract that contains a no compete clause for a minimum of two years after his service at UL ends. Specifically, no ACC job and no UK job. See if he’s interested then.

I agree with your statement he won't get it but that he wants the job and isn't on Tyra's short list is 100% inaccurate.
Tyra got too much negative feedback regarding Brown. Not about Brown as a coach, but the idea of him coaching here. He is not on the short list.

Reactions: nccardfan
Big time UK ties. Plus from what I heard he made some pretty anti-UofL remarks while he was still an assistant at UK. Our last head coach with UK ties didn't work out particularly well and Neal Brown would have no chance to unite the fan base.

I get the anger because of browns comments, but your last UK alum football coach was your all’s Bear Bryant. He’s a hall of famer and probably claims uofl a lot more than he does UK even though he played there.

I agree that Brown would be a disaster. You all are going to be bad next year. Maybe even worse that this year, honestly. If WKU can get you in Bowling Green it might be 1-11 type year.

If you are bad on top of openly rooting against your coach, it could set you back 10 years. You just finished a recruiting cycle in which none of the top recruits in your own city are coming. This is a very precarious situation.

and Howard was an All-American at UK you dumbass!

Neal Brown is one of the best coaches left out there. That being said, I am not sure he's the guy you need right now. Brohm was the homerun. One interesting name out there is Lane Kiffin. He could do alot of good things at Louisville. He has established great recruiting ties in Florida. He is a great offensive minded coach. But with him you take the baggage and I don't think your AD has the balls to hire him. When I look at Tyra, I see a guy whose going to make the safe hire. That means a solid football coach, with a snow white background. I don't think short term that's going to spell alot of success. Be prepared to be disappointed. But 5 years from now you may look back and say whoever he hires was a solid guy. Patience isn't something you guys have alot of. Just putting it out there.

Neal Brown has some questions in his background that Tom might have overlooked but Vince won’t. Not sure what those are but that’s the reason you don’t see him getting another job but you always his name pop up for bigger jobs. His comments about UofL while at UK don’t help his candidacy for the Louisville job either. Common sense would tell you other recruits would use those comments against him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT