ADVERTISEMENT

Post Brohm - No Neal Brown

Jun 24, 2009
That is the one coach I will refuse to endorse. Sadly a lot of signs are pointing towards Neal Brown but any true UofL fan shouldn't want any part of him. Hopefully we learned something from the last time we hired a head coach with UK ties.

If Tyra is actually dumb enough to hire Neal Brown the whole fan base should boycott, similar to what Tennessee did with Greg Schiano last year. I simply can't trust a coach with UK ties and will not support a UofL football program with Neal Brown as head coach. And if Neal Brown is hired, once he fails Tyra should be fired with him.

Please, for the love of God, no Neal Brown.

tenor.gif

That is the one coach I will refuse to endorse. Sadly a lot of signs are pointing towards Neal Brown but any true UofL fan shouldn't want any part of him. Hopefully we learned something from the last time we hired a head coach with UK ties.

If Tyra is actually dumb enough to hire Neal Brown the whole fan base should boycott, similar to what Tennessee did with Greg Schiano last year. I simply can't trust a coach with UK ties and will not support a UofL football program with Neal Brown as head coach. And if Neal Brown is hired, once he fails Tyra should be fired with him.

If you say Brown fast enough it kinda sounds like Brohm

If Neal Brown is hired, I am done with Louisville football till he is gone.

It is not going to be Neal Brown. Brown wants the job, but he is not on Tyra's short list.

Big time UK ties. Plus from what I heard he made some pretty anti-UofL remarks while he was still an assistant at UK. Our last head coach with UK ties didn't work out particularly well and Neal Brown would have no chance to unite the fan base.
Isn't Tyra a KY grad?

Reactions: majgun
Cardmomma boycotted games and hurting the bottom line is what got Ron Cooper and Steve Kragthorpe fired, otherwise we would've had additional years from both. Sometimes you have to hurt the program short term to help it long term. Tough love.

And clowns like you wonder why Jeff
Brohm wanted no part of our dumpster fire of a program. Might want to look in the mirror there, Ace. You are the problem not the solution.

Big time UK ties. Plus from what I heard he made some pretty anti-UofL remarks while he was still an assistant at UK. Our last head coach with UK ties didn't work out particularly well and Neal Brown would have no chance to unite the fan base.

Your last head football coach with UK ties is the one that made your football program respectable. No Neal Brown because of UK ties? Glad there was no internet when Schnellenberger was hired.

I agree with no Neal Brown we don't need anymore sUcK personnel contaminating our programs. Especially one that ran his mouth and made negative comments about our program. I have heard a lot of people say if Brown is hired they are done with Louisville football.
Quit comparing Neal Brown and Howard Schnellenberger it makes you look stupid. Howard was a Louisville native who lead Miami to the National Title before he came back home. Neal Brown grew up in Boyle County as a sUcK fan who has a problem with his mouth.

Neal Brown is a great football coach. I don’t care what he said when he was an assistant at Kentucky. I’m pretty sure his diploma is from the University of Massachusetts.
My concern with Brown, is his ability to change a toxic culture. I believe we need a coach with the personal bearing that commands respect, the credentials/ background to recruit, and the ability to energize a “beat down” fan base.

Reactions: GoldCard
I agree with no Neal Brown we don't need anymore sUcK personnel contaminating our programs. Especially one that ran his mouth and made negative comments about our program. I have heard a lot of people say if Brown is hired they are done with Louisville football.
Quit comparing Neal Brown and Howard Schnellenberger it makes you look stupid. Howard was a Louisville native who lead Miami to the National Title before he came back home. Neal Brown grew up in Boyle County as a sUcK fan who has a problem with his mouth.
and Howard was an All-American at UK you dumbass!

UofL Fans: "Kentucky fans are way too obsessed with our rivalry. They focus way too much on hating us"

Also UofL Fans: "If they hire Neal Brown I will burn all of my merchandise and pray to satan that they lose every game until he's fired. It doesn't matter if he's a good coach, he played at UK and that is worse than supporting the Third Reich"

BTW, Howard was a UK guy and our football program wouldn't exist in it's current form and we probably don't sniff an Big East/ACC bid if he never comes. But most of you probably weren't around for those day, you just showed up when times were good.

Same here. I will not attend a single game, buy any football specific merchandise or donate any money financially until he is gone. A lot of fans will feel the same way. Neal Brown is a good hire if you want to keep the fan base deeply divided.
After reading your posts here and on the Purdue board, the University of Louisville would be a better place if you stop being affiliated with it.

Our AD is an ND grad. I'm sure he threw shade at Purdue at his time there but it just wasn't caught on tape.

Enough with this "No to Neal Brown" bullshit. I don't know if UofL goes in that direction, but we are not in a position to automatically exclude great coaches that could potentially win big here.

If he's hired, it's because he WANTS the job. If he wants the job, then he must believe that Louisville is a place where he can win. Automatically rejecting a great coach just because he once coached at UofK and may have grown up a fan of Kentucky is just plain foolish.

If you're concerned about him taking the Kentucky job when Stoops leaves, then we can put a clause in his contract for that. Look at it this way, if UofL hires him, and adds such a clause, then we would simultaneously prevent Kentucky from getting an elite coach.

I think some of the hate towards UK is over the top of it impacts Louisville. winning Not saying Brown would be the best choice but if he will give Louisville more success, I don't care who he has ties with.

What do you expect him to do, intentionally lose to UK because he played there?

You do realize Louisville's AD went to UK? Should we get rid of him just because of that?

How many professors at Louisville went to UK? Should they be fired?

How many horses in the Derby were bred in Lexington...

Rather you like it or not UK and Louisville are connected.

At the end of home games, both play My Old Kentucky Home....

I get and understand why most UL fans would not want Brown due to the UK ties. I also think that the whole Pitino fiasco plays a part in that. I would feel the same way.

But if you really have hate in your heart for UK most cat fans would rather UL get Brohm instead of Brown. I think he would steal recruits, implement the fun style of offense that Stoops wouldn't allow him to run. And yes, change the culture. Obviously not a UL fan but bet $500 UL is a top 25 team in 3 years.

My concern is for the University of Louisvillle. And if Coach Brown can bring us success then I’ll be all in on that choice. There are a ton of uahkay grads that have been very good for UofL. Like for example a former VP at UofL that played basketball for Rupp at UK (Jennifer Lawrence’s grandfather). Another example would be Howard Schnellenberger or our current AD Vince Tyra. I could go on and on but I hope you get the picture. Former uahkay AD wouldn’t consider Howard Schnellenberger for their coaching job simply because he had coached here. That’s short sighted and ignorant.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Bigsam or should I say dumbass I don't want anymore sUcK people in our program. Howard never trashed Louisville like Brown dumbass and that does matter.

Reactions: brookstreet
Neal Brown is a great football coach. I don’t care what he said when he was an assistant at Kentucky. I’m pretty sure his diploma is from the University of Massachusetts.
My concern with Brown, is his ability to change a toxic culture. I believe we need a coach with the personal bearing that commands respect, the credentials/ background to recruit, and the ability to energize a “beat down” fan base.
You know what? I think you are right. An “up and comer” probably isn’t what Louisville needs. IMO you need someone to right the ship and bring in stability and discipline. I know papa brooks didn’t set the world on fire at ky but he was exactly what the doctor ordered at the time. Louisville could benefit from a Gary pinkel type for a few years.

After reading your posts here and on the Purdue board, the University of Louisville would be a better place if you stop being affiliated with it.

....or take a break and support IU. They need some help from a half glass full guy....

Vince wants to avoid the possible issue of losing Brown to UK, as I believe he will be the next coach at UK after Stoops.

I am not comparing the two. Just pointing out that to deny a very well thought of young coach a "look" because he has worked at an opposing school can be self destructive. Schnellenberger chose to go to school at UK over UL. He was an All American player and, HE MADE Louisville football relevant. Not saying Brown can have that type of impact but at Troy, his team has defeated several major teams. In todays world , it makes no sense , at least to me , why he should be disqualified due to working at UK for a few years.

How old are you? Do you know anything about Brown. He was an assistant at UK for a brief time and
that should exclude him from coaching at UL. Very short sighted.

Cardmomma boycotted games and hurting the bottom line is what got Ron Cooper and Steve Kragthorpe fired, otherwise we would've had additional years from both. Sometimes you have to hurt the program short term to help it long term. Tough love.
By my count, if Brown is hired , UL will lose about 4 or 5 loud fans from this board. I think UL will be fine if you boycott. Cooper and Kragthorpe fielded terrible teams. They were not boycotted due to their work experience at another school. They failed to produce. It appears you are quitting your team because you hate UK more than you care about UL. Wow

Brown may have been at UK and made some remarks about UofL but once he got out from under that mind controlling condition I call "The Big Blue Mist" he probably sees things more clearly

ADVERTISEMENT