ADVERTISEMENT

Porky Headed to LSU?

I think these AD’s, fans and boosters are learning the coach they had wasn’t that bad at the very least they were a known risk. There are no coaches out there that don’t come with risk.

According to the media LSU is down to Napier, Baylor’s coach, Matt Campbell and Stoops. Are they really better than Coach O? I don’t think Stoops leaves or is even a legit candidate. Let’s say he is being considered he does fit and checks the boxes. He can recruit. He knows the SEC. He coaches with a nasty edge. His players like playing for him. Out of the coaches reportedly being considered he comes with the least amount of risk.

I don't think stoops leaves anytime soon. he's got ky kingdom Wrapped around his finger.
He can be mediocre, beat 1 decent sec team a yr Not named Vandy/Missouri and make crazy $

just 1 boomers opinion

I think these AD’s, fans and boosters are learning the coach they had wasn’t that bad at the very least they were a known risk. There are no coaches out there that don’t come with risk.

According to the media LSU is down to Napier, Baylor’s coach, Matt Campbell and Stoops. Are they really better than Coach O? I don’t think Stoops leaves or is even a legit candidate. Let’s say he is being considered he does fit and checks the boxes. He can recruit. He knows the SEC. He coaches with a nasty edge. His players like playing for him. Out of the coaches reportedly being considered he comes with the least amount of risk.
Coach O’s issues were more off the field then on. He had to go. If those issue hadn’t happened he probably would still be coaching at LSU.

I don't think stoops leaves anytime soon. he's got ky kingdom Wrapped around his finger.
He can be mediocre, beat 1 decent sec team a yr Not named Vandy/Missouri and make crazy $

just 1 boomers opinion
Yeah he literally could spend the rest of his career at SuCk as a mediocre coach making way more $$ than he should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva and Bank Cat
Yeah he literally could spent the rest of his career at SuCk as a mediocre coach making way more $$ than he should.
That's pretty much what I see happening.

UKAA has far more "football $$$$" than they do "football ambition". They have long passed up Vandy and now SC and MO so (with 3 OOC gimmes) that's 6 VERY winnable game...then steal one or 2 like this year (when LSU and FL are down) and they are looking at a 7 or 8 win season. That will work big time in Lexington.

Peace

Last edited:

UKAA has far more "football $$$$" than they do "football ambition". They have long passed up Vandy and now SC and MO so that's 6 VERY winnable game...steal one or 2 like this year (when LSU and FL are down) and they are looking at a 7 ur 8 win season. That will work in Lexington.

Peace
Yep, forever.

GO CARDS!!!

All the SEC has money, good coaches, and access to the best players. UK’s problem is they don’t have easy access to the best players. It is only going to become more difficult on the lower level- middle tiered programs. With the TV exploding and NIL every team will get better players besides Vandy. The SEC will eventually eat itself. Every team will have enough players to beat anyone. Georgia-Alabama will always have the best players but the talent gap will close. Once they will go to a 9 game conference schedule. It will be brutal. I think it will be extremely difficult on teams like UK mainly because of the depth issues. Once the 9 games kicks in UK is destined to be a 6-7 win team. At that point recruiting gets even more challenging.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Totally agree about the “safe environment“ for Stoops remaining in Lexington, but Mark has a brother Bob who is renting space inside Mark’s mind, and the lure of rising beyond the limitations at UK will be hard to resist. UK will never be a destination job, and while Vanderbilt will continue to reside at the bottom of the SEC, I believe South Carolina, and Missouri both have the resources to elevate beyond their current positions.

Ironically, it’s not the SEC opponents that UK or Stoops will struggle competing with; it’s UL and everyone in BBN knows that in order to be successful in college football, you must dominate your own State, when the population is as small as it is in KY. Clemson is the reason that USC Jr is struggling, and it’s the same for GT, as long as UGA is mastering the State of Georgia. Memphis can never equal the Volunteers and it explains why Arkansas continuing to control its State, there is no real competition.

Stoops and so many others know the challenges with taking the UF job, as both FSU and Miami make it impossible for anyone FL school taking full command of their State. LSU on the other hand is the perfect place for a coach like Stoops, as there is a huge opportunity to completely dominate the entire State for fan support and recruiting the fertile HS talent.

If LSU offers, Stoops will be gone; not so sure about UF.

I agree. The amount of money both Florida and LSU are going to throw around probably means they will go another direction than Stoops. Riley maybe on the way to LSU for around 12M which is crazy. Sounds like Napier is Florida’s choice.

To me Florida is taking a huge gamble. LSU is getting a known talent. OU, if it happens, has to be in shocked. They really didn’t need to be in the coach market heading into the SEC. A bad hire here can set them back years. They will find it really challenging to find a adequate replacement for Riley.

UKAA has far more "football $$$$" than they do "football ambition". They have long passed up Vandy and now SC and MO so that's 6 VERY winnable game...steal one or 2 like this year (when LSU and FL are down) and they are looking at a 7 ur 8 win season. That will work in Lexington.

Peace
It not only will work, it will get you an extended contract and possibly a raise.

I don’t think he goes anywhere like everyone has already posted he could go 6-6 every year and their fan base would be happy.

Porky may be daydreaming on the sidelines Saturday. LSU has interest. Wow, they are setting the bar high.

Yeah, LSU won't hire Stoops; he's a good one, but they are looking for a homerun hire. Me thinks Stoops is great at building a program, but has a ceiling. 9-3 was a nice year, but that as the ceiling won't cut it at LSU or Florida. If LSU hires Stoops, that means that their first 20 choices turned them down. I like Stoops, DGMW, but he's not LSU material, at least not yet.

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT