ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting wise

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
It looks like we have a solid class coming in next year. I wonder where we stand with the 2 girls from Sacred Heart? Johnson and Bender are both ranked high and are getting offers from top programs. Johnson has offers from South Carolina, UConn and LSU to name a few. Like volleyball I would love to keep the local girls home. I was also wondering if Cochran has a Covid year where she can return if she wants?

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
I see HS WBB recruiting, even for local kids, increasingly less critical with so much emphasis on portal transfers. Kids want to play, so any locals must be ones who fit Walz criteria in terms of talent and long term expectations staying here.

I love locals, just not those who lack patience to stay here for the 4-5 years.

I think local High School athletes are more than likely to stay here than hit the transfer portal. The ones hitting the portal are out of state kids everywhere. I only want the local kids who are good enough to produce at a high level. I was wondering if we have reached out to Jayden McClain of Union, Ky. She is a 6’5” basketball player and she is in the 7th grade. I know sUcK and some high profile colleges are already in contact with her.

The reason I asked was because they listed the school that have reached out to her and we weren’t listed.

To clarify. I should say “I’m sure the staff is aware if a 6’5” 7th grader in the state”. Since she only on the 7th grade they may not have contacted her yet. Height is great but skills have to be there. As a 7th grader, meh, lots of time to see how the fruit ripens. 😃

I see HS WBB recruiting, even for local kids, increasingly less critical with so much emphasis on portal transfers. Kids want to play, so any locals must be ones who fit Walz criteria in terms of talent and long term expectations staying here.

I love locals, just not those who lack patience to stay here for the 4-5 years.

Johnson and Macy (Bethlehem) are both ranked top 10 nationally. Either would be
a great addition. We have to beat SC, UConn, and ND for Johnson. I think UK is our main
competition for Macy. Both are just Juniors.

You are probably right but I don’t see why a top player would go to sUcK to play basketball on their women’s team. It is as big of a dumpster fire as our men’s team. It would be a good place to go to if you want to never be heard from again.

Reactions: Bardman
Her dad is 7’2” and played basketball for Cincinnati and the Harlem Globetrotters. Her mom is 6’4” and played basketball at Cincinnati State. She is only in the 7th grade but plays on the varsity team for Ryle High School. She also does gymnastics and is currently ranked as the number 2 recruit for the class of 2029. Her growth span could reach to 6’9”. Wow!!!

Her dad is 7’2” and played basketball for Cincinnati and the Harlem Globetrotters. Her mom is 6’4” and played basketball at Cincinnati State. She is only in the 7th grade but plays on the varsity team for Ryle High School. She also does gymnastics and is currently ranked as the number 2 recruit for the class of 2029. Her growth span could reach to 6’9”. Wow!!!
Wow. Gymnastics? That is probably by design since she is that tall. Gymnastics probably really help her flexibility, strength and footwork.

By the time a 7th grader gets to college, I wonder what college sports will be like. I am not sure I will like what the future holds with the way things are evolving.

A friend just shared with me that Reed Shepherd is the recipient of six (6) lucrative NIL deals from UK supporters. They believe he can postpone, if not forego an NBA career in exchange for remaining at UK for 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT