ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty sweet day

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
UofL uses the bye week to respond to the disappointing loss against Pitt by completing dominating puke in all phases and hanging a bagel around their necks.

yuts lose at home for their third straight L. Many of the yut faithful calling for it to be Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks for Porky Stupes.

sunbelt scotty about to absorb his 5th L in a row further intensifying the heat on his seat, and purdoo moves to 2-6.

Yup, pretty, pretty, pretty good day.

Honest question, Cincy can’t buy Satterfield out of his contract after just 1 season…can they?

…and with 4:28 left in the game Ga Tech takes the lead over North Carolina 46-42. Please let’s have a complete day and let Tech win this putting us in sole possession of 2nd place in the ACC.
Tech with 3 TD's in 7 minutes & Heels D looks completely dead.

All AAC teams are struggling in Big 12. There is a step up in class. There was no way Cincy was going to make a splash in year one after losing Fickle. With that said they are regressing.

This was supposed to be UK’s year the East is not great this year. All the key games were at home.

Louisville isn’t great but they have been great at home.

Sun Belt Scotty was good enough for U of L in 2023...
and he had the projected best incoming recruiting class ever, which people forget and msot likely would have been better than jb's players. simple reality is that last year, if you forget the uk loss and how we started, we had an awesome season. we beat the most top 25 teams in the country and we led the nation in sacks. and based on incoming class, we would have been top 25 pre season and could be top 10 right now. but we didn't renew his contract and we move on. but simply, satts left with many, many good things in place for JB to easily succeed. and now satt's is rebuilding cincy as they go from aac to big 12 so no reason to think satts would be successful there in year 1.

and he had the projected best incoming recruiting class ever, which people forget and msot likely would have been better than jb's players. simple reality is that last year, if you forget the uk loss and how we started, we had an awesome season. we beat the most top 25 teams in the country and we led the nation in sacks. and based on incoming class, we would have been top 25 pre season and could be top 10 right now. but we didn't renew his contract and we move on. but simply, satts left with many, many good things in place for JB to easily succeed. and now satt's is rebuilding cincy as they go from aac to big 12 so no reason to think satts would be successful there in year 1.
What makes you think that satterfield is rebuilding? From the things that I’ve read, Fickell had done a great job building their roster. They may have lost some guys when Fickell left but, that’s to be expected.

Good / great coaches get the most out of what they have. Brohm is IMO exceeding what sunbelt Scotty was capable of with largely the same group. Conversely, satterfield is doing markedly worse than what Fickell would have done with uc’s roster.

The guy is average at best and is in over his head at the P5 level.

All AAC teams are struggling in Big 12. There is a step up in class. There was no way Cincy was going to make a splash in year one after losing Fickle. With that said they are regressing.

This was supposed to be UK’s year the East is not great this year. All the key games were at home.

Louisville isn’t great but they have been great at home.
Fair assessment

Reactions: Mayoman
True

What makes you think that satterfield is rebuilding? From the things that I’ve read, Fickell had done a great job building their roster. They may have lost some guys when Fickell left but, that’s to be expected.

Good / great coaches get the most out of what they have. Brohm is IMO exceeding what sunbelt Scotty was capable of with largely the same group. Conversely, satterfield is doing markedly worse than what Fickell would have done with uc’s roster.

The guy is average at best and is in over his head at the P5 level.
Satterfield is average. Should go 7-5 most seasons at Cincy after one more season of change. He is an OK coach. He is probably a good stabilizer. I hope he gets what he wants in a few years when he goes back to North Carolina (the State).

The Cards may be playing a B12 schedule in a few seasons. Cincy and Satterfield might still be there. I think Brohm would typically finish in top 3 teams in new B12.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
I don’t agree with much in this post. Satt’s players would have been better that CJB’s….I don’t think so. CJB rebuilt this roster with the portal plus most of Satt’s recruiting class.

And Satt would have us ranked in the preseason and ranked in the top ten now? I’ll have some of what you’re drinking.

Satt’s offense was milk toast. His QB development was non-existent. Will give Kudos to last year’s defense but the D we have this year is not chopped liver. Don’t think you’ll have much success selling this fan base on wanting Satt back over CJB.

Reactions: BPGhost
No…he wasn’t. He could never compete with UK and he never threatened to make us really competitive in the ACC…
That didn’t matter to U of L. We were fine bringing Satterfield back because that is now our standard. (If you want more evidence, let’s talk men’s basketball…)

Cincy and Satterfield did us a huge favor. We had no role in that. Thank God that Jeff Brohm still wanted to be here after we screwed up the first attempt to hire him in 2018…

We were supposed to fire a guy who had a winning record and took us to a bowl game? That was never the standard here. He did stabilize the program and rebuilt the roster. For those who complain about his offense, the numbers don’t support you. The problem under Satt was the D and his unbending loyalty the Brian Brown. I think we would have been more successful with a different coordinator.

Reactions: glassmanJ
We were supposed to fire a guy who had a winning record and took us to a bowl game? That was never the standard here. He did stabilize the program and rebuilt the roster. For those who complain about his offense, the numbers don’t support you. The problem under Satt was the D and his unbending loyalty the Brian Brown. I think we would have been more successful with a different coordinator.
If this is directed at me, I didn’t say we “were supposed to” do anything.

I’m merely responding to posters who think we had a hand in our own dumb luck, or who want to criticize Cincy and a coach that we had under a $3 million contract with a nice buyout. Even the blind squirrel finds his occasional acorn.

And nothing suggests that coaches like Payne and Satterfield are NOT examples of the current standard. We are/were certainly paying them plenty of money to coach here while making decisions along the way to retain them. Enough evidence for a logical person…

If the standard was Satterfield then why didn’t the AD extend him or fight to keep him. Acting like that decision wasn’t what got the ball rolling or putting things in motion to get Brohm is Zipp being Zipp. Yeah they were going to keep him because he did enough to see the contract through.

I don’t think fans are saying Satterfield was great but he did build a pretty good roster. Brohm added key pieces and this is a pretty good roster. He really was a good fit to rebuild the program. He isn’t a good fit for a program that had a lot of success. It was an odd hire for them.

If this is directed at me, I didn’t say we “were supposed to” do anything.

I’m merely responding to posters who think we had a hand in our own dumb luck, or who want to criticize Cincy and a coach that we had under a $3 million contract with a nice buyout. Even the blind squirrel finds his occasional acorn.

And nothing suggests that coaches like Payne and Satterfield are NOT examples of the current standard. We are/were certainly paying them plenty of money to coach here while making decisions along the way to retain them. Enough evidence for a logical person…
Don’t lump Satt and KP together. That’s not fair or accurate. Kenny us in a category all his own.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
If the standard was Satterfield then why didn’t the AD extend him or fight to keep him. Acting like that decision wasn’t what got the ball rolling or putting things in motion to get Brohm is Zipp being Zipp. Yeah they were going to keep him because he did enough to see the contract through.
Exactly. Anyone without an agenda realizes the simple fact that by refusing to extend his contract or, give into his raise request - set the the wheels in motion for sunbelt Scotty’s departure - particularly given that he has jimmy sexton as his agent.

Josh Heird played it perfectly - truly 4 dimensional chess. Unfortunately there are a few checkers players around here without the mental bandwidth to be able to grasp this.

What the hell did Satterfield do to get more money or have his contract extended? Because Heird and U of L didn’t go to that extreme proves nothing.

After several years of .500 football and rapidly deteriorating fan support, Heird saw something that he liked. LINK Sorry, we’re not rewriting history.

Anyone who wants to give Heird ANY credit for what went down with Satterfield gets to defend his decision to hire and now retain Kenny Payne. I can debate his resume either way…

What the hell did Satterfield do to get more money or have his contract extended? Because Heird and U of L didn’t go to that extreme proves nothing.

After several years of .500 football and rapidly deteriorating fan support, Heird saw something that he liked. LINK Sorry, we’re not rewriting history.

Anyone who wants to give Heird ANY credit for what went down with Satterfield gets to defend his decision to hire and now retain Kenny Payne. I can debate his resume either way…
What the hell did Porky Stupes do to get more money and his contract extended? I mean besides beat three directional cupcakes, Vandy, SCar and the occasional other sec bottom feeder. Oh yeah - he dominated SunBelt Scotty every year as well.

But based upon that meager body of work, he’s signed through 2029 for 9M a year - making him the 8th highest paid coach in all of college football. He’s far from the only example of this in CFB.

Obviously Josh Heird had no intention of rewarding mediocrity and instead, went out and signed Brohm. Sorry - not sorry - that flies in the face of your canned narrative and, no amount of invoking Kenny Pain will change that.

You may now resume playing checkers…

Measuring Heird’s performance alongside the ineptitude of slapd!ck football is exactly what I expect from new regime apologists…

Measuring Heird’s performance alongside the ineptitude of slapd!ck football is exactly what I expect from new regime apologists…
Clearly your canned narrative affects even your reading comprehension skills.

Not recognizing current positive actions is exactly what can be expected from old regime boot lickers.

King me! 😀

Reactions: HiStepper
Clearly your canned narrative affects even your reading comprehension skills.

Not recognizing current positive actions is exactly what can be expected from old regime boot lickers.

King me! 😀
"Old regime boot lickers." Love it !!! 😆 :D👍:p

I just want to get back to the 2013 era that was the golden age of Louisville athletics. Men’s basketball wins the National Title, Women’s basketball makes it to the title game, football wins the Orange Bowl and our baseball team makes it to the College World Series. Oh the memories seems like a long time ago now.

I just want to get back to the 2013 era that was the golden age of Louisville athletics. Men’s basketball wins the National Title, Women’s basketball makes it to the title game, football wins the Orange Bowl and our baseball team makes it to the College World Series. Oh the memories seems like a long time ago now.
A good start would be to reinstall the Year of the Cardinal tribute in the Angel's Envy Club. It would at least help some people remember...

I don't really have anything against Purdue. But in the spirt of laughing at some fanbases that had obnoxious visitors on this board, UCF took the L too. I recall those dudes coming over here and running their traps.

I think UCF vs Cincy this week, have either won a B12 game yet?

I don't really have anything against Purdue. But in the spirt of laughing at some fanbases that had obnoxious visitors on this board, UCF took the L too. I recall those dudes coming over here and running their traps.

I think UCF vs Cincy this week, have either won a B12 game yet?

UCF fans are obnoxious as hell. Before them, USF had the crown for unwarranted obnoxiousness. Every time I’d go to a game at USF, the UofL fan section would be in close proximity to the USF student section. There would always be some dudes wearing NY Jets or Philadelphia Phillies shirts and a USF hat trying to talk shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
UCF fans are obnoxious as hell. Before them, USF had the crown for unwarranted obnoxiousness. Every time I’d go to a game at USF, the UofL fan section would be in close proximity to the USF student section. There would always be some dudes wearing NY Jets or Philadelphia Phillies shirts and a USF hat trying to talk shit.
Yep. True. True.

I was at the USF games in 2003 and 2005. Their fans were real punk asses. They've since gone the way of obnoxious S. Miss fans in the 90's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT