ADVERTISEMENT

Ol Big Blue and Ashley Judd

Status
Not open for further replies.
we already have cheap labor from Mexico so the only thing left to do is change the regulations and eventually we will be a third world country like Mexico. The ripple effect to all this cheap labor is eventually nobody will be able to afford to buy a car. It is funny that they are getting this cheap labor from China, Mexico and the USA but the price of their product keeps going up.

Heavy manufacturing is a major source of pollution. It requires a lot of power. In the 70's our lands were a mess. Now, China's people have to wear masks because of the deadly smog.

I'd rather he focus on shrinking govt /taxes and rebuilding our infrastructure. (real issues) Yet, that seems to be taking a backseat to all this immigration/racial/gender nonsense.

Reactions: TDredbird
I'd rather he focus on shrinking govt /taxes and rebuilding our infrastructure. (real issues) Yet, that seems to be taking a backseat to all this immigration/racial/gender nonsense.
He seems to be going down a list and checking it twice while deciding who's been naughty and who's been nice.

Santa?

Seriously, this guy is just doing exactly what he said he would do when he was campaigning. I can't hold that against him even if I don't always agree with his stance. He's doing what he said he would do. That in itself is kind of refreshing. Maybe the establishment politicians will get a clue and actually do the same thing.

Reactions: Mayoman
He seems to be going down a list and checking it twice while deciding who's been naughty and who's been nice.

Santa?

Seriously, this guy is just doing exactly what he said he would do when he was campaigning. I can't hold that against him even if I don't always agree with his stance. He's doing what he said he would do. That in itself is kind of refreshing. Maybe the establishment politicians will get a clue and actually do the same thing.

It can't be argued Trump is doing what he said he would do when he was campaigning. You'd think, however, given how long the campaign was, he would have had the time to vet his cabinet picks and on how to effectively implement his new orders. We've gotten considerable confusion as a result, not to mention unqualified and radical cabinet nominees.

It can't be argued Trump is doing what he said he would do when he was campaigning. You'd think, however, given how long the campaign was, he would have had the time to vet his cabinet picks and on how to effectively implement his new orders. We've gotten considerable confusion as a result, not to mention unqualified and radical cabinet nominees.
That's your opinion, which I respect. If it turns out to be actually true, then it'll be proven true.

Santa?

He's definitely disrupted things. That in itself is a good sign. Now we just need the rest of the country to give him a try without all this nonsense.

I'm not worried about tariffs at the supermarket. I'm worried about leaving my Kroger card at home. o_O

Reactions: Cue Card
He's definitely disrupted things. That in itself is a good sign. Now we just need the rest of the country to give him a try without all this nonsense.

I'm not worried about tariffs at the supermarket. I'm worried about leaving my Kroger card at home. o_O
Said it before, and I'll say it again. I supported the last President, and the one before him, and the one before him, and the one before him. I support the OFFICE of the President of the United States, and the person who is elected to that office has my full support. I will never agree with all the decisions made, but I have enough patriotism running thru my blood to get past that and do what I personally feel is the best thing for the country. I love this country. I don't care who's running it. I will pray for President Trump to succeed just like I prayed for President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton, President Bush Sr and President Reagan who was the first President I was old enough to vote for.

God Bless the United States of America!!!

That's your opinion, which I respect. If it turns out to be actually true, then it'll be proven true.

Cue, I respect your position. This political climate is beyond nutso. Huge props being as fair and opened minded as you can. I'd like to ask, how big is this window where we wait and see what Trump does? F+ so far in my book. I'll give him credit for not nixing Obama's LGBT policy regarding federal workers. Everything else, thumbs down.

Cue, I respect your position. This political climate is beyond nutso. Huge props being as fair and opened minded as you can. I'd like to ask, how big is this window where we wait and see what Trump does? F+ so far in my book. I'll give him credit for not nixing Obama's LGBT policy regarding federal workers. Everything else, thumbs down.
I really don't know how big of a window is appropriate before grading the current President on the job he does, but I'm fairly sure he deserves more than a week. People went out of their way to give President Obama the benefit of the doubt.. People were still blaming President Bush 6 years after President Obama took office. I find it a bit hypocritical of people wanting to blame President Trump for doing what he said he was going to if elected. FWIW, he also said he had nothing against the LGBTQ community and believed the LGBTQ people have rights which are protected by our constitution. He said that while campaigning and he is keeping his word on EVERYTHING he campaigned on so far. I give him a B- so far. I think he could have handled the wording of the temporary ban from the 7 countries tied to terrorism a bit better. It's being called a ban even though it's not. It's a temporary restriction in order to better vet the people trying to enter our country from terrorist hot spots in the world. President Obama did the same thing for a longer period of time and it was no big deal. The double standard is annoying. The older I get, the more I realize the people screaming for tolerance are the least tolerant of all.

Last edited:
Reactions: clearthebases
This election was a solid rejection of liberal Obama Democrats from the court house to the White House . Kook liberalism was solidly rejected by common sense voters who wanted jobs brought back and a President who is willing to confront radical Islamic terrorism that has crept into this country and seeks to install Sharia law that is disastrous to women and gays. It is refreshing to have a President who is interested in promoting the best interests of our citizens rather than acting like an odd foreigner who is interested in a strange form of globalism while letting the fabric of American culture, jobs and traditions rot. It's morning again in America!

I really don't know how big of a window is appropriate before grading the current President on the job he does, but I'm fairly sure he deserves more than a week. People went out of their way to give President Obama the benefit of the doubt.. People were still blaming President Bush 6 years after President Obama took office. I find it a bit hypocritical of people wanting to blame President Trump for doing what he said he was going to if elected. FWIW, he also said he had nothing against the LGBTQ community and believed the LGBTQ people have rights which are protected by our constitution. He said that while campaigning and he is keeping his word on EVERYTHING he campaigned on so far. I give him a B- so far. I think he could have handled the wording of the temporary ban from the 7 countries tied to terrorism a bit better. It's being called a ban even though it's not. It's a temporary restriction in order to better vet the people trying to enter our country from terrorist hot spots in the world. President Obama did the same thing for a longer period of time and it was no big deal. The double standard is annoying. The older I get, the more I realize the people screaming for tolerance are the least tolerant of all.
Right on. We have no reason to accommodate potential terrorism.

Just to clarify it was in his own tweet that Trump used the term ban.

Just to clarify it was in his own tweet that Trump used the term ban.
Yep. He's not a politician and he's very rough around the edges. His 'ban' is only temporary, and it's nothing ground breaking. It's been done before. It was done by President Obama and not ONE SINGLE NEGATIVE WORD was broadcasted by the main stream media when the former POTUS did it. Isn't that odd?

EDIT: I want to add that IMO the main stream media is all but dead. Yes there are still people out there who will listen and believe everything that is said by the main stream media, but that list is growing smaller and smaller every day. This POTUS will bypass the main stream media and the fake news it provides by using social media as his main platform. People will have to choose what to and what NOT to believe. I've seen enough to know which side I'm leaning towards.

Last edited:
Reactions: eastwood45789
You posted what millions think.

Reactions: eastwood45789
The struggle for women's rights in the World of Islam is perhaps the most alarming human rights issue in the entire world. Muslim women are subjugated and persecuted and deprived of their humanity. Educated Muslim women are perhaps the largest threat to Muslim male dominance and repression. In countries where women are not allowed to drive, how are they supposed to do anything about oppression and abuse by Muslim men? And yet liberal Obama Democrats are silent.

The struggle for women's rights in the World of Islam is perhaps the most alarming human rights issue in the entire world. Muslim women are subjugated and persecuted and deprived of their humanity. Educated Muslim women are perhaps the largest threat to Muslim male dominance and repression. In countries where women are not allowed to drive, how are they supposed to do anything about oppression and abuse by Muslim men? And yet liberal Obama Democrats are silent.

So how about we foster the resettlement on women and children refugees so they can escape oppression and abuse in addition to militaristic regimes?

Not only does Islam oppress women but they think gays ( another Democrat special interest group ) should be executed and the religion is steeped in slavery. I don't understand how anybody can think of Islam as a group you want to be a part of your community.

Not only does Islam oppress women but they think gays ( another Democrat special interest group ) should be executed and the religion is steeped in slavery. I don't understand how anybody can think of Islam as a group you want to be a part of your community.

There are extremist Christians that use the Bible as justification to oppress women. There was a whole region that used the Bible to justify slavery. Be careful when you paint in broad strokes cause the picture probably ain't gonna be pretty.

How long ago was that, name a Christian organization today that is a terrorist organization. I'm talking in today's world not during the crusades. They came out today and reported one of the organizers for the women's March that excluded Christian women was a Muslim. She is a supporter of sharia law and she has been making threats to other women .

She has been making threats online to other women about cutting off some of their female body parts in accordance with sharia law. The democrat party is morphing into something grotesque by supporting this perverted religion.

Islam was once a great religion founded by Abraham but Mohammad got a hold of it and perverted it. Read the history of Mohammad he was a rapist, murder and pediphile among other things.

How long ago was that, name a Christian organization today that is a terrorist organization. I'm talking in today's world not during the crusades. They came out today and reported one of the organizers for the women's March that excluded Christian women was a Muslim. She is a supporter of sharia law and she has been making threats to other women .

She has been making threats online to other women about cutting off some of their female body parts in accordance with sharia law. The democrat party is morphing into something grotesque by supporting this perverted religion.

Islam was once a great religion founded by Abraham but Mohammad got a hold of it and perverted it. Read the history of Mohammad he was a rapist, murder and pediphile among other things.

Christian women were excluded from the Women's March?

Members of the KKK claim to be Christian.

You're really reaching here stick to the facts about Islam and the perversion of the Democrat party. Let's see the KKK so I guess you are saying Islam and the KKK have things in common. You are defeating yourself in this discussion.

You're really reaching here stick to the facts about Islam and the perversion of the Democrat party. Let's see the KKK so I guess you are saying Islam and the KKK have things in common. You are defeating yourself in this discussion.

You asked for a terrorist organization that professes to be Christian. The KKK fits that criteria.

Ok so let's say You use the KKK which I don't support or defend. How many acts of terrorism have they committed this year? When was the last time they committed an act of terrorism and I can honestly say the Republican Party is not standing by or defending the KKK.

Now let's take this sick and perverted religion Islam that you and the Denocratic party supports and defends. They have killed thousands of people world wide this year and they have killed millions of people over time. I think you can see that there is no comparison.

You both sound extremely ignorant and disrespectful. Both religions have done more good than either of you two tools can imagine.

Reactions: TDredbird
You're the one that is extremely ignorant or maybe you just have your eyes closed. You think that a religion that still practices slavery, thinks of women as 2nd class citizens, gays should be executed, etc. I could go on and on about this grotesque religion but it would take to long. I suggest you READ about the history of this religion from its past to the current day.
Don't listen to what the Democrat party is telling you because they are one of their special interest groups. Also read the history of Muhammad and then come back and tell me this is a good religion. Muhammad beheaded over 600 people himself he raped women and said it was ok for men to rape women. He ordered thousands of men, women and children into slavery.
In the battle of Medina he beheaded over 2000 Jewish men and then ordered all their women and children into slavery for the rest of their lives. He had multiple wives and his youngest wife was Aishia who historians say was 7 years old and he was having sex with the 7 year old. A lot of historians believe his relationship with Aishia was one of the reasons the Muslim religion split into 2 groups.

Persian men hold the women in their family in the highest regard. Insult one of them and be prepared to fight.

I'm out of this discussion because frankly, you ruined it with your sacrilegious ignorance.

I don't see talking past and current history as being sacrilegious if you do you're the ignorant one. The truth can be hard on people who don't know the truth or the people who deny it.

You both sound extremely ignorant and disrespectful. Both religions have done more good than either of you two tools can imagine.

Not sure where I've been disrespectful. Take a little more time to craft some thoughts that add to the discussion or just move along.

I don't see talking past and current history as being sacrilegious if you do you're the ignorant one. The truth can be hard on people who don't know the truth or the people who deny it.

Hate to break the news to you but all religions have some horrible aspects of their past. The question is if you are going to use the actions of a few to define the whole?

Reactions: Louisvillian
Christian women were excluded from the Women's March?

Members of the KKK claim to be Christian.
The KKK is rooted in the Democrat Party and has been represented by Democrat Senator Robert KKK Byrd. When is the last time you saw somebody holding a cut off head who wasn't a radical Moslem?

The KKK is rooted in the Democrat Party and has been represented by Democrat Senator Robert KKK Byrd. When is the last time you saw somebody holding a cut off head who wasn't a radical Moslem?

Robert Byrd is dead. Also he publically disavowed his sordid past. I assume he made right with the Lord as well.

Reactions: earsky
I have a pretty strong opinion on the nature of the current American workforce. I work in an industry that has offshored and automated the work of tens of thousands of workers over the last decade or so.

In the glory days of US manufacturing, you could get out of high school, walk down the street to the local factory, and get a good, middle class job that would support you and your family for 30 years, then retire with a pension. As the collapse of the auto industry showed, this model was simply not sustainable long term.

The number of US manufacturing jobs remained pretty steady with some up and down fluctuation from about 1980 through 2000 - then the bottom fell out. Companies started to realize that unskilled workers can be replaced in many cases by much cheaper labor in other countries, and even more so by programming a computer to do their jobs. This isn't to say that the people who have these jobs are or were necessarily unskilled, but the job itself doesn't require skill. Taking orders on an assembly line, or operating a piece of machinery by following a set of instructions are not skills anymore than assembling a quarter pounder with cheese is a skill. Developing a product or service that people will want or need, that's a skill. The ability to sell said product or service, that's a skill. We have too few people capable of these right now and too many people waiting for the next manufacturing boom to happen.

Once companies realized this, the next step was easy. American workers are, by and large, very entitled. Offshore workers are hungry, and in many cases much better at their jobs than their American counterparts. In our industry, for most of our front line work, we are hiring anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time. In the Philippines and India, we got college graduates for 1/6th the cost, and they actually value their jobs.

This doesn't even cover all the work machines do now that people used to. Repetitive, simple tasks - like most of those in a manufacturing plant - are easily handled by robots. Not only do you eliminate the salary and benefits that come with people, but robots never get sick, they never come in to work hungover, they don't tweak their back at work and stick you with a workers comp claim, etc. It's a no brainer.

The US has lost some 8 million manufacturing jobs since 1980. That trend isn't being reversed. Trump can claim huge victory for subsidizing a few companies with taxpayer dollars so that a few thousand jobs can be saved, but that doesn't even move the needle. The economy is global now, and to think we can "wall" ourselves off from the rest of the world, either literally or figuratively, is a short sighted and facile way to look at things. It's a brave new world, and those who cannot or will not adapt will be left behind.

Oh Lord.:confused:. let's at least get in the right century. The "Solid South" of Democratic lore hasn't been that way since the mid 80s and more likely the late 60s for crying out loud.

If you think that any KKK member or white supremacist is voting for democrats now, then I have a nice voucher for sale cheap guaranteeing a pretty sweet education at Trump University.

I have a pretty strong opinion on the nature of the current American workforce. I work in an industry that has offshored and automated the work of tens of thousands of workers over the last decade or so.

In the glory days of US manufacturing, you could get out of high school, walk down the street to the local factory, and get a good, middle class job that would support you and your family for 30 years, then retire with a pension. As the collapse of the auto industry showed, this model was simply not sustainable long term.

The number of US manufacturing jobs remained pretty steady with some up and down fluctuation from about 1980 through 2000 - then the bottom fell out. Companies started to realize that unskilled workers can be replaced in many cases by much cheaper labor in other countries, and even more so by programming a computer to do their jobs. This isn't to say that the people who have these jobs are or were necessarily unskilled, but the job itself doesn't require skill. Taking orders on an assembly line, or operating a piece of machinery by following a set of instructions are not skills anymore than assembling a quarter pounder with cheese is a skill. Developing a product or service that people will want or need, that's a skill. The ability to sell said product or service, that's a skill. We have too few people capable of these right now and too many people waiting for the next manufacturing boom to happen.

Once companies realized this, the next step was easy. American workers are, by and large, very entitled. Offshore workers are hungry, and in many cases much better at their jobs than their American counterparts. In our industry, for most of our front line work, we are hiring anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time. In the Philippines and India, we got college graduates for 1/6th the cost, and they actually value their jobs.

This doesn't even cover all the work machines do now that people used to. Repetitive, simple tasks - like most of those in a manufacturing plant - are easily handled by robots. Not only do you eliminate the salary and benefits that come with people, but robots never get sick, they never come in to work hungover, they don't tweak their back at work and stick you with a workers comp claim, etc. It's a no brainer.

The US has lost some 8 million manufacturing jobs since 1980. That trend isn't being reversed. Trump can claim huge victory for subsidizing a few companies with taxpayer dollars so that a few thousand jobs can be saved, but that doesn't even move the needle. The economy is global now, and to think we can "wall" ourselves off from the rest of the world, either literally or figuratively, is a short sighted and facile way to look at things. It's a brave new world, and those who cannot or will not adapt will be left behind.

Very well said. I almost feel sad for people who think these middle class manufacturing jobs are suddenly going to reappear and that isolating ourselves will improve us.

It's funny that you don't think trade deals like NAFTA hurt us and the TPP would have hurt us even more. I agree with a lot of things you said JohnKBA but the Democrats made a lot of bad trade deals and they have purposely let other countries have there way with us so they can build up their economies.
When the Democrats talk about redistribution of money they aren't talking about redistributing money from the rich to the poor inside the USA. They are talking about redistributing money from the USA to third world countries. Harley Davidson is a good example of that, a $21,000 Harley in the U.S. cost over $100,000 in China
With trade deals like that and cheap labor along with high corporate taxes and burdensome regulations the Democrats are basically kicking companies out of the U.S.

It's funny that you don't think trade deals like NAFTA hurt us and the TPP would have hurt us even more. I agree with a lot of things you said JohnKBA but the Democrats made a lot of bad trade deals and they have purposely let other countries have there way with us so they can build up their economies.
When the Democrats talk about redistribution of money they aren't talking about redistributing money from the rich to the poor inside the USA. They are talking about redistributing money from the USA to third world countries. Harley Davidson is a good example of that, a $21,000 Harley in the U.S. cost over $100,000 in China
With trade deals like that and cheap labor along with high corporate taxes and burdensome regulations the Democrats are basically kicking companies out of the U.S.

I agree with some of this as well. The economy is a complex machine and has many moving parts. Trade deals certainly affect it. I'm interested to see how the next four years play out. Trump won the election largely because the rust belt and coal country got behind him after his promises to put millions of people back to work in those markets. I don't think that's feasible at all, but we will see.

There is no doubt that working people and working middle class people got left behind by bad and uneven trade agreements with Mexico and unfair trade with China, who owns some of and subsidizes their industry. NAFTA blew out of a lot of jobs and illegal immigration have depressed wages and led to more welfare, cri and drugs. No wonder folks voted for Trump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT