ADVERTISEMENT

Ol Big Blue and Ashley Judd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy is off the charts insane if you really stop to think about it. The Democrats are still butt hurt over President Trump winning, and are acting like spoiled children by not even showing up for confirmation hearings. It's unprecedented.
That doesn't square with historical fact. When the (then) minority (but soon to be the majority) leader of the Senate goes on record as saying that his #1 priority was making Obama a one term president and then walks that walk - I'd say that's pretty "unprecedented".

Don't get me started on what a utter partisan dereliction of duty is was to ignore the sitting POTUS' nominee for SCOTUS for a year - that was a damn disgrace.

BPGhost there is way to much information on GE expansion internationally you can google it yourself. I don't have any problem with them or any company expanding internationally I do have a problem when they do it with interest free money from the taxpayers.

In regards to businesses getting tax breaks to generate business in our state or country I am in full support of that. If a company gets a $200,000.00 tax break to move here to create 30 well paying jobs we come well ahead and so does the tax collector. 30 jobs paying $45,00.00 per year $8,000.00 goes to taxes so you come ahead by giving the corporate tax break.

Then you take into consideration the money spent in the area creating more tax revenue and more growth. Then the growth creates more businesses and more jobs and more tax revenue.
I did google "Obama mandates that GE expands overseas" and got nothing back. That is what you asserted - no?

I support business tax breaks as well - provided they will work to the best interests of the tax payer - even long term. What does that have to do with your assertion that Obama made GM shutter Pontiac and Saturn?

That doesn't square with historical fact. When the (then) minority (but soon to be the majority) leader of the Senate goes on record as saying that his #1 priority was making Obama a one term president and then walks that walk - I'd say that's pretty "unprecedented".

Don't get me started on what a utter partisan dereliction of duty is was to ignore the sitting POTUS' nominee for SCOTUS for a year - that was a damn disgrace.
I agree. The hypocrisy is deep in both directions. I also agree McConnell should have been voted out of office for making such a stupid statement. He along with any other Congressman/Senator who has been in Washington DC beyond 8 years total (my opinion) should be forced to vacate.

We also agree that President Obama's choice for SCOTUS deserved to be voted on. That was wrong.

I think Trump is more qualified to be President than Obama was. If you remember Obama was so inexperienced and lacked so much knowledge on foreign affairs that his advisors wrote his dialogue for him and he had to deliver it with a TelePrompTer for 2 years. He was also supposed to be a Constitutional Lawyer who made numerous mistakes regarding the constitution. Remember when he said he wasn't enforcing some of the imagination laws because he didn't want to infringe upon the constitutional rights of illegal aliens ( illegal aliens aren't protected by the constitution).

Reactions: Cue Card
I think Trump is more qualified to be President than Obama was. If you remember Obama was so inexperienced and lacked so much knowledge on foreign affairs that his advisors wrote his dialogue for him and he had to deliver it with a TelePrompTer for 2 years. He was also supposed to be a Constitutional Lawyer who made numerous mistakes regarding the constitution. Remember when he said he wasn't enforcing some of the imagination laws because he didn't want to infringe upon the constitutional rights of illegal aliens ( illegal aliens aren't protected by the constitution).
Exactly. You can't say anything bad about President Obama though because if you do, it's because you're a racist hater. I don't give two flips what skin color the President has. I mean I voted for a man who is orange. I just want them to do the freaking job. ALL of them. Democrats, Republicans, Independents. ALL of them need to do the job they were elected to do and stop all the nonsense. Protect us and treat us as a sovereign nation. If you're here illegally, then get out and come back the right way. IF you are a legitimate immigrant, that shouldn't be a problem. We are a NATION of immigrants. LEGAL immigrants.

Time to get rid of the two party primary election process. Getting rid of this inane system would actually allow for people to get elected who represent the interests of the majority, not special interests on the left or right.

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
Time to get rid of the two party primary election process. Getting rid of this inane system would actually allow for people to get elected who represent the interests of the majority, not special interests on the left or right.
It won't happen but the thought is good.

BPGhost, you do remember that GM received a bailout from the Federal Government right? They received this bailout during the Obama administration right? In order to receive the bailout they had to meet the guidelines setup by the Obama administration.
The guidelines that were setup was that GM had to trim fat and the fat was Pontiac and Saturn. Saturn was doing really well at the time and their employees were well paid and had great benefits. They also setup for GM to build a manufacturing plant in China.
The Democrat Party is at war with middle class America. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA which sent our jobs to China & Mexico. Obama was pushing the TPP along with other Democrats that would have sent our jobs to Japan, Vietnam Nam, Malaysia and etched. Just last week a law suit was filed by 94 employees at UC Berkley for sending their jobs to India. The Democrat Party also supports illegal immigration which once again takes jobs from Americans.

I'm wondering why you are referencing Obama? He's no longer POTUS and his experience / qualifications aren't relative when gauging whether or not trump is qualified.

Spoiler alert - trump isn't. Nothing that trump has done (besides do his best to influence politicians at every level of government) in his 70 years qualifies him to be POTUS. America is not a business and if it were, he still would not be qualified to run it based upon the - at best, sketchy - at worst, dishonest way that he has built his "brand". He is comically incurious, lacking either the intellect or interest to understand most topics beyond the bare minimum. This is why - despite his constant pronouncements of his grasp on topics ("I know more than the generals do about ISIS") there is no footage of him going into topics of national concern with any depth. This is also why, he is (generously speaking) susceptible to believing and repeating complete falsehoods - statistical and otherwise.

Again - he's POTUS now and so I'm hoping for the best but if the first 20 days are any indication - I think we're in for a long four years.

BPGhost, you do remember that GM received a bailout from the Federal Government right? They received this bailout during the Obama administration right? In order to receive the bailout they had to meet the guidelines setup by the Obama administration.
The guidelines that were setup was that GM had to trim fat and the fat was Pontiac and Saturn. Saturn was doing really well at the time and their employees were well paid and had great benefits. They also setup for GM to build a manufacturing plant in China.
The Democrat Party is at war with middle class America. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA which sent our jobs to China & Mexico. Obama was pushing the TPP along with other Democrats that would have sent our jobs to Japan, Vietnam Nam, Malaysia and etched. Just last week a law suit was filed by 94 employees at UC Berkley for sending their jobs to India. The Democrat Party also supports illegal immigration which once again takes jobs from Americans.
http://www.politico.com/story/2008/12/bush-announces-174-billion-auto-bailout-016740
GM and Chrysler received 17.4 billion from the Bush administration in December 2008. Feel free to click the link to read about it and jog your memory. Please also note that this was before "fake news" - lol.

Reactions: TDredbird
I compared Obama to Trump because it was bought up earlier in this thread that Trump was not qualified. How could anyone say Trump is not qualified but Obama was. Obama was nothing more than a community organizer and according to reports he wasn't very good at that. He was a U.S. senator for 2 years and he was absent most of the time.
I think the only quality that Obama had that helped him was that he was a good orator. He certainly did not follow the constitution or enforce the laws of our country. He accused the U.S. of more wrong doing and apologized for our past history.

I think Obama was a radical left wing politician and Trump is a conservative politician. I think it is funny how the Democrats are upset they are getting a taste of their own medicine.

We are never going to agree, but there is one thing we'll both have to eventually accept. President Trump is in office. You disliking that fact isn't going to make it go away. So far he's done everything he said he would do if elected. I don't agree with everything he said he was going to do, but it is refreshing to see somebody inside the beltway actually DOING something besides play golf and blame others for their own failures.

I do have some questions though. Since you're paying closer attention. Did you pay closer attention during the Obama administration when he constantly shit on the constitution with his unlawful executive orders which were never challenged by the spineless establishment? I'm sure his executive order to catch and release illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities was just fine with you. Right? That was a non issue? Yes? Lets be perfectly clear here. We are a country of immigrants and everyone who enters LEGALLY is welcome with open arms. The words LEGAL and ILLEGAL have been missing from our federal laws for almost 2 decades now. Finally we have a COMMANDER in Chief who will uphold the law. Bout damn time.

Trump got a guy killed without reviewing the intel before he approved Yemen attack. So far, his skills as CIC are subpar. You're awfully wordy, btw, without making much sense. You voted for him, sure, you'll never admit you made a mistake, America made a mistake. But, that's what is happening. Stubbornness, denial, prevents you from seeing what's taking place.

GM was on the brink of extinction. In fact it declared bankruptcy which sent my shares of stock to 0. Anyone who is critical of the GM bailout because it was anti-worker is just confused. The people who didn't like the bailout were free trade republicans and tea partiers.

I compared Obama to Trump because it was bought up earlier in this thread that Trump was not qualified. How could anyone say Trump is not qualified but Obama was. Obama was nothing more than a community organizer and according to reports he wasn't very good at that. He was a U.S. senator for 2 years and he was absent most of the time.
I think the only quality that Obama had that helped him was that he was a good orator. He certainly did not follow the constitution or enforce the laws of our country. He accused the U.S. of more wrong doing and apologized for our past history.

I think Obama was a radical left wing politician and Trump is a conservative politician. I think it is funny how the Democrats are upset they are getting a taste of their own medicine.
So, if you think that trump is qualified - then simply speak about that. trump's credentials don't rise or fall based upon anyone other than himself.

"He accused the U.S. of more wrong doing and apologized for our past history."

Interesting choice of words. I'm assuming you didn't watch the trump interview with o'reilly then. To recap, when o'reilly said that Putin was a killer, trump said, "what, you think our country's so innocent?" What'd you suppose he meant by that?

BTW - pretty sure "radical left wing politician" doesn't mean what you think it does.

1st Bush didn't give a bail out and then restructure GM to send jobs to China like Obama.
2nd the thing that caused GM problems was the high price of union labor ( a democrat special interest group ).
3rd Matt Bevin and Scott Walker aren't eliminating jobs they are creating more jobs. There are now 28 states that are right to work states and there is a current law suit in court right now that could make all states right to work. These lawsuits are being filed by current union members who don't want to be forced in the union.
4th Bush gave a loan Obama gave a bail out, GM still owes 26 billion dollars that they say they will never pay back.
5th it is funny how you all are against corporate tax breaks but you support a bail out that will amount to 63 billion total for GM.
6th if you invest in the stock market that is a risk you take you shouldn't expect the taxpayers to bail you out. They should have let GM fail it would have been bought out by another company and would have been a better company.

BTW when I say radical left wing politician I am pretty sure it means exactly what I think it means.

I did hear Trump's comment to O'Reilly about Putin but I didn't hear him apologize for the U.S. and neither did you because he didn't apologize.

1st Bush didn't give a bail out and then restructure GM to send jobs to China like Obama.
2nd the thing that caused GM problems was the high price of union labor ( a democrat special interest group ).
3rd Matt Bevin and Scott Walker aren't eliminating jobs they are creating more jobs. There are now 28 states that are right to work states and there is a current law suit in court right now that could make all states right to work. These lawsuits are being filed by current union members who don't want to be forced in the union.
4th Bush gave a loan Obama gave a bail out, GM still owes 26 billion dollars that they say they will never pay back.
5th it is funny how you all are against corporate tax breaks but you support a bail out that will amount to 63 billion total for GM.
6th if you invest in the stock market that is a risk you take you shouldn't expect the taxpayers to bail you out. They should have let GM fail it would have been bought out by another company and would have been a better company.
You really need to pick a side and stick with it, because you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Also, if you're responding to me - stick to what I've said.

Are you a free market capitalist and for corporations (like GM) maximizing share holder profits or, are you for jobs for American workers? If your the former - then you're ok with them moving jobs to save on costs.

You're ok with tax breaks for companies IF they create jobs and more tax revenue for the government but, you're against the government stepping in to save the US auto industry, and the millions of jobs associated with it - and all of the tax dollars that it creates in the long term?

In no particular order...

1. I am not against corporate tax breaks provided they work out in some term for the good of the tax payer.

2. There are a multitude of things that caused problems with GM - including shitty cars, too many brands / duplication, mismanagement and a failure to adapt to the consumers changing demands. Pinning it all on union labor costs is an inaccurate and frankly, lazy opinion. Not bailing them out could have resulted in another company buying them - probably a foreign company that would have shipped the majority of the jobs outside of the US. Then you'd be bitching about how "Obama killed the US auto industry".

3. Most estimates put the auto bailout payments still owed at about 10 billion. That's a lot of money but a small fraction of what the cost would have been to the country if we let it fail. Consider it a tax break.

4. I never mentioned bevin or walker. I absolutely think that bevin is an idiot an partisan hack but, that is a different show.

Last edited:
BTW when I say radical left wing politician I am pretty sure it means exactly what I think it means.

I did hear Trump's comment to O'Reilly about Putin but I didn't hear him apologize for the U.S. and neither did you because he didn't apologize.
Good deal. I would in all honesty, love to know how you define what it is to be a "radical, left wing politician".

You are correct - trump did not apologize at all for equivocating that America is similar in action to Putin. Much to my chagrin, I agree with o'reilly - that is not an accurate comparison. Maybe o'reilly has the freedom to express himself without the fear of a russian dossier being made public?

First off let me say I enjoy this debate usually when you try to talk to democrats they start yelling and storm off. I enjoy the back and forth I think it is constructive unlike what is going on with all these democrats protesting and destroying property.
However, regarding your last post I am responding to more than just you when I am posting. I am a free market capitalist but I don't think the government bailing out a company has anything to do with the free market.
The last estimate I saw regarding GM and the bail out is 26 billion is still owed and it will never be paid back. I have a suggestion though we can get GM to pay for the border wall and then charge Mexico as well and we will profit from it.

Trump got a guy killed without reviewing the intel before he approved Yemen attack. So far, his skills as CIC are subpar. You're awfully wordy, btw, without making much sense. You voted for him, sure, you'll never admit you made a mistake, America made a mistake. But, that's what is happening. Stubbornness, denial, prevents you from seeing what's taking place.
Good grief. How many people did Barrack Hussein Obama get killed over the course of his 8 years in office? I know of 4 he got killed by doing NOTHING to help them because he had a political narrative to protect. Benghazi ring a bell? If there ever was a mistake made by the people, his name was Barrack Hussein Obama. You want to talk about stubborn? Look in the mirror my message board friend.

I am not going to admit I made a mistake with my vote 4 weeks in. If President Trump turns out to be a mistake, I'll be more than willing to admit that if and when the time comes.

First off let me say I enjoy this debate usually when you try to talk to democrats they start yelling and storm off. I enjoy the back and forth I think it is constructive unlike what is going on with all these democrats protesting and destroying property.
However, regarding your last post I am responding to more than just you when I am posting. I am a free market capitalist but I don't think the government bailing out a company has anything to do with the free market.
The last estimate I saw regarding GM and the bail out is 26 billion is still owed and it will never be paid back. I have a suggestion though we can get GM to pay for the border wall and then charge Mexico as well and we will profit from it.
People of all stripes tend to get angry when their narrative is challenged these days - republicans too - up to and especially including the current POTUS. And as I've said before, the vast majority of people that destroy property are simply idiots using whatever excuse they can because they want to tear things up - whether it is a political protest, or celebrating your sports team winning the championship as we've seen numerous times.

Governments bailing companies out isn't part of the free market, but neither are targeted tax breaks to a few companies to achieve a specific result - which you seem ok with.

Why do you find one acceptable and not the other? Still would like to know your definition of radical left wing.

Good grief. How many people did Barrack Hussein Obama get killed over the course of his 8 years in office? I know of 4 he got killed by doing NOTHING to help them because he had a political narrative to protect. Benghazi ring a bell? If there ever was a mistake made by the people, his name was Barrack Hussein Obama. You want to talk about stubborn? Look in the mirror my message board friend.

I am not going to admit I made a mistake with my vote 4 weeks in. If President Trump turns out to be a mistake, I'll be more than willing to admit that if and when the time comes.
What's the purpose of using Obama's middle name Cue?

Not looking to go down the Benghazi rabbit hole with you other than to say, after about a million congressional investigations, in its final 800 page report the (republican led) Select committee found no wrongdoing (intentional or otherwise) to have been committed by either Clinton or Obama.

BPGhost, I call Obama radical left wing because of the social changes he forced down everyone's throats. I don't care if your gay but don't tell me I have to look at it as normal. His administration actively went after people who didn't except it as normal. He also forced Obamacare on everyone and the only ones who are getting on it are the people who are getting it for free.
He also butchered our military and alienated our allies. Our military is now weaker than it was before World
War ll. He was truly a radical left wing president.

BPGhost, I call Obama radical left wing because of the social changes he forced down everyone's throats. I don't care if your gay but don't tell me I have to look at it as normal. His administration actively went after people who didn't except it as normal. He also forced Obamacare on everyone and the only ones who are getting on it are the people who are getting it for free.
He also butchered our military and alienated our allies. Our military is now weaker than it was before World

There are some areas where I think Obama didn't make the best foreign policy decisions. However to say he butchered the military is disingenuous and to say he alienated our allies is false. Yes, military spending went down, but that is what happens when you unwind from a 2 front war. Also the sequestration process led to cuts in defense spending. The GOP was certainly part of that.

If you don't think being gay is normal, then that probably means you are out of the mainstream on that topic, and not that Obama is some raging radical leftist. I'm pretty sure even Donald Trump feels that way.

Obama was pretty clear that he was going to overhaul health care when he was running for President. I think the unfortunate mistake was that the GOP didn't try to compromise at all. For instance, there could have been pro-doctor provisions in regards to medical malpractice limits / tort reform. We could have ended up with a more robust system instead the GOP took their ball and went home.

If you don't think that Obama butchered the military then you have not been paying attention the last 8 years. Regarding military cuts the Obama administration came up with a list of things they wanted cut and how much money it would involve.
The Pentagon looked at the list and said by making these specific cuts it could weaken our military. The Pentagon then came up with a list that amounted to the same amount of money but it would not weaken our military. Obama rejected the suggestions by the Pentagon and told them to make the cuts he came up with.
60% of the fighter jets the Air Force has are no longer serviceable, the Navy has been downsized to the smallest Navy prior to World War l. The Army is at its lowest level equipment wise and manpower. Soldiers tried to sign up for another tour of duty but were denied. Don't tell me Obama didn't severely weaken our military.
Regarding the gay community I don't care if you're gay if you are so comfortable with that lifestyle you don't need my acceptance. However there is nothing normal about a man sticking his penis up another mans bottom. As far as the rest of the country most Americans tolerate their lifestyle but don't accept it as normal.

In regards to alienating our allies just ask them andvtheyvwill tell a different story . Our allies in Europe have been so alienated that they have had conversations with Russia about alliances.

What's the purpose of using Obama's middle name Cue?

Not looking to go down the Benghazi rabbit hole with you other than to say, after about a million congressional investigations, in its final 800 page report the (republican led) Select committee found no wrongdoing (intentional or otherwise) to have been committed by either Clinton or Obama.
It's his name, is it not?

The re-election narrative President Obama was pushing was no terror attacks had happened on his watch in his first 4 years (which was pure BS, because he decided to call the massacre at Fort Hood work place violence) so when Benghazi happened, he did nothing and let is Secretary of State make up some fictional story about a video causing the attack instead of telling the truth that it was a planned terrorist attack on our compound and it got our Ambassador murdered along with 3 more heroes who died that night. The same people you claim cleared them are the same establishment politicians who caused Trump to happen. People are fed up with the lies.

I'm done with this. You have your opinion, I have mine.

No one is telling you that you have to view gays and lesbians as anything but, you or anyone else shouldn't be able to legally discriminate them no matter your views. That's the position that Obama's administration took.

Obamacare was passed by congress - not by Obama. He ran on universal health care and delivered on his promise - sort of the action that the right is championing trump for.

Two wars last over 10 years with no draft, a country on the brink of a depression and 15 trillion in debt, played a bigger part in our military decline than anything Obama did.

As for our allies - the only one that he weakened ties with was Israel. Why we need to treat them with kid gloves is beyond me.

Lastly if the majority of the country agrees with a position by definition that means it's not radical.

Last edited:
If you don't think that Obama butchered the military then you have not been paying attention the last 8 years. Regarding military cuts the Obama administration came up with a list of things they wanted cut and how much money it would involve.
The Pentagon looked at the list and said by making these specific cuts it could weaken our military. The Pentagon then came up with a list that amounted to the same amount of money but it would not weaken our military. Obama rejected the suggestions by the Pentagon and told them to make the cuts he came up with.
60% of the fighter jets the Air Force has are no longer serviceable, the Navy has been downsized to the smallest Navy prior to World War l. The Army is at its lowest level equipment wise and manpower. Soldiers tried to sign up for another tour of duty but were denied. Don't tell me Obama didn't severely weaken our military.
Regarding the gay community I don't care if you're gay if you are so comfortable with that lifestyle you don't need my acceptance. However there is nothing normal about a man sticking his penis up another mans bottom. As far as the rest of the country most Americans tolerate their lifestyle but don't accept it as normal.

In regards to alienating our allies just ask them andvtheyvwill tell a different story . Our allies in Europe have been so alienated that they have had conversations with Russia about alliances.
The Navy has 273 ships which includes 10 aircraft carriers -- more than the rest of the world combined -- 90 surface warfare vessels and 72 submarines. The technological advances means the number of ships has little bearing on the effectiveness of the Navy. It's a nice republican taking point but, that's about it.

Many of those fighter jet programs weren't even wanted by the pentagon and amounted to little more than pork brought home to powerful congressional districts.

Your last comment regarding our European allies seeking out Russian alliances during Obama's terms because of unhappiness with America is simply false.

It's his name, is it not?

The re-election narrative President Obama was pushing was no terror attacks had happened on his watch in his first 4 years (which was pure BS, because he decided to call the massacre at Fort Hood work place violence) so when Benghazi happened, he did nothing and let is Secretary of State make up some fictional story about a video causing the attack instead of telling the truth that it was a planned terrorist attack on our compound and it got our Ambassador murdered along with 3 more heroes who died that night. The same people you claim cleared them are the same establishment politicians who caused Trump to happen. People are fed up with the lies.

I'm done with this. You have your opinion, I have mine.
It is absolutely his name though I suspect if his middle name was John, you'd probably omit it.

I would agree that the administration initially calling the Ft Hood situation workplace violence was wrong. Obama did call it an act of terrorism later. Though I don't have the exact quote, my guess is that Obama was referencing terrorist acts committed by foreigners (9/11) on American soil.

I wouldn't call Trey Gowdy an establishment politician and the republicans would have liked nothing better than to have been able to have a finding of wrongdoing against Obama and or Clinton. The sheer amount of hearings and money that was spent on the issue tell that story.

I obviously don't agree with it but, I certainly respect your right to believe what you do. Have a good night.

Reactions: SoulSr
False.

You don't understand the effect of taxation on the economy. Taxing corporations less has never resulted in lower prices for consumers, only higher share prices for stockholders (see Big Oil). Pricing is affected by two of the simplest factors there have ever been - supply and demand.

Corporations do not have consumers best interests in mind - they never have, specifically because that's not how they are designed or structured. They succeed or fail largely based upon their performance for their shareholders. Where taxation comes into play for corporations is in R&D and investment / expansion. More taxation = corporations holding onto their money / cutting other costs (i.e. - labor & materials).

Clinton didn't lose because she echoed some of Sanders talking points. She lost because she (like all of the other republicans primary candidates) failed to understand the political climate. She overestimated her ability to turn out her base - relative to Obama's ability and, underestimated trump's ability to connect with those Americans who for whatever reason - felt scared, angry and disaffected. In short, she was a poor candidate.

Putin and Assange didn't help - lol.
Corporations employ real people and many are paid well with benefits. They must make money or they will not exist. The cost of taxes is incorporated into their products and services. The Democrats don't care about the working class, working middle class and small businesses. It's why they voted for Trump.

The cost of taxes is incorporated into their products and services
Man, If only I could get my liberal friends to understand that one fact, there would be less stress in my life. All my liberal friends do is complain about corporations not paying their fair share in taxes. I keep trying to tell them that it doesn't matter what they are taxed at, they just push that cost off to the consumer in one way or the other. That's how our economy works. Corporations in general are greedy so no matter the amount taxed, the consumer ends up paying it. Now in order to become more competitive, the corporations will move to where the tax they have to push towards the consumer is less so they can make more people buy their products so they can make more money. Again, it is greed that pushes that agenda.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Man, If only I could get my liberal friends to understand that one fact, there would be less stress in my life. All my liberal friends do is complain about corporations not paying their fair share in taxes. I keep trying to tell them that it doesn't matter what they are taxed at, they just push that cost off to the consumer in one way or the other. That's how our economy works. Corporations in general are greedy so no matter the amount taxed, the consumer ends up paying it. Now in order to become more competitive, the corporations will move to where the tax they have to push towards the consumer is less so they can make more people buy their products so they can make more money. Again, it is greed that pushes that agenda.

It's not a level playing field when large corporations with their army of lawyers and accountants game the system while small businesses pay a disproportionate tax rate. Many politicians say they are for small businesses but only support the efforts of their big donors from big corporations

It's not a level playing field when large corporations with their army of lawyers and accountants game the system while small businesses pay a disproportionate tax rate. Many politicians say they are for small businesses but only support the efforts of their big donors from big corporations
I agree. It's never going to be a level playing field either. People can dream of that but that's all it is. A dream. Our current President is a billionaire. What side of this setting does he reside on? LOL. I think we all know the answer to that. Hopefully he does a better job than he speaks. He's rough around the edges for sure. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 40 days in is just the beginning.

IF Trump can get THAT done, then he will have been a successful President even if everything else he said he would do is undone.

Hard to imagine that McConnell and the rest of the "lifer" politicians are going to vote themselves out of a job. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT