ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

I don’t see anybody beating Arizona, first year head coach good assistant, sounds familiar.

I don’t have a for certain team that will win it. Arizona does look tough but I think they lost a key player. I don’t think teams like Iowa and VT can sustain what they did in their conference tournaments. Auburn seems to be fading and Tennessee look good but not sure Barnes can win it all. Duke can be beat, Baylor is down a player as well. The three teams that I enjoyed watching this year was Texas Tech, Illinois and Purdue. But all three can be beat. That’s why I am cringing about the kitties. If Gonzaga folds again, kitties have a favorable bracket in
My opinion. At least there’s quite a few teams capable of beating them.

My Final 4

Gonzaga
Kentucky
Arizona
Wisconsin

Gonzaga over Arizona in the final.

Also, I’d like to see Louisville bid on the First Four, take it from Dayton. Dayton Arena is a dump, or at least it was when I was in it a few years ago. I’d like to see UofL host it at the KFC Yum! Center or Bellarmine host it at Freedom Hall. I think It would be good for the city.

My Final 4

Gonzaga
Kentucky
Arizona
Wisconsin

Also, I’d like to see Louisville bid on the First Four, take it from Dayton. Dayton Arena is a dump, or at least it was when I was in it a few years ago. I’d like to see UofL host it at the KFC Yum! Center or Bellarmine host it at Freedom Hall. I think It would be good for the city.
They just started phase 1 of a 72 million dollar upgrade of Dayton Arena. Contract runs out this year but pretty sure a new contract will be made. Dayton has been host since 2011.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
For some unknown reason Dayton has it locked up. I'd like to know why. 🙄
They cited 4 main reasons and Louisville would certainly meet at least 3 of those. The main difference they cited to me was that they liked the smaller town feeling of Dayton.
Although it’s not the same it’s like do you take the CWS from Omaha and move it to Kansas City?

They cited 4 main reasons and Louisville would certainly meet at least 3 of those. The main difference they cited to me was that they liked the smaller town feeling of Dayton.
Although it’s not the same it’s like do you take the CWS from Omaha and move it to Kansas City?

Leave it in Dayton. I'm a sucker for gimmicky traditions.

For some unknown reason Dayton has it locked up. I'd like to know why. 🙄
Basically, it comes down to fans in the seats. They fill UD Arena regardless of who is playing. Folks in the Miami Valley don't seem to care who is playing.

My Final 4

Gonzaga
Kentucky
Arizona
Wisconsin

UD arena is far from a dump. Moronic statement

UD arena is far from a dump. Moronic statement
Sweetie, dear…there was stuffing coming out of the half seats, the toilets/urinals were abysmal, the floors were sticky, 4 banners were half fallen off the wall, the concession stands were cramped and understaffed, the parking lot was half gravel, need I go on? I would hope they would have that fixed by now…….. Moron.

Last edited:
Florida just hired the coach from San Francisco. Let that sink in a little bit; those guys were royalty 15 years ago. The guy will no doubt be in over his head and will get fired in 3 years.
Florida has taken the cheaper, mid-major rout in basketball and football for a few years now. What happened to all that SEC $$$$?

Wonder if Drew and Oates are available to listen
You’re right - Drew’s a terrible coach and never should have even been considered. Your posts through the years show you to be the ultimate fair weather fan.

We all hope Payne is a rockstar - if not, it’ll be interesting to see if you turn on him (as is your history) or, simply disappear like a fart in the wind… 💩🤡

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT