ADVERTISEMENT

St. Johns

Dec 31, 2002
Kind of surprised to see them at 14-12. Lost 8 of 10. Looks like they'd have to win the Big East Tournament to get in the NCAA Tournament.

Nothing wrong with the Big East. And it’s tough when you start playing half your games in hostile environments. He’s starting at about the point where Anderson left the team after four years…

Kind of surprised to see them at 14-12. Lost 8 of 10. Looks like they'd have to win the Big East Tournament to get in the NCAA Tournament.

NY media getting on him.

Reactions: glassmanJ

NY media getting on him.
He's still probably going to get 18 or 19 wins with games against Georgetown and DePaul coming up as 3 of the last 5. But when you consider the Portal and that coaches can turn a team around in 1 year, it just makes me wonder if he's failing to adjust to the new world of NIL/portal. I guess we'll see what happens the rest of the way and next year.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
bwa ha ha. he's the greatest ever, he can't fail noR do no wrong, NOR EVER BLAME HIMSELF. BRING BACK RICK! BRING BACK RICK! BRING BACK RICK! FFFING LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!
It is kind of sad how he threw all his players under the bus after the Seton Hall game and benched the team captain last week.

Nothing wrong with the Big East. And it’s tough when you start playing half your games in hostile environments. He’s starting at about the point where Anderson left the team after four years…
Lol - so comical that you have unlimited excuses for your secret BFF. Any idea of what Anderson walked into after SJ fired Chris Mullin? Pitino got a much better situation at SJ than Anderson did. Pitino came in to St. John's in a similar fashion that Deon did at Colorado - suggesting that much of the roster wasn't good enough to play for him. Five of those transfers moved on to other D1 programs where they are averaging 62 points a game or 12.4 per player.

Bottom line is that Pitino did a shitty job of roster construction this year - which is 100% on him. I would expect that given his track record he will turn that around - though publicly trashing your entire roster to the media in the transfer portal era - isn't a very smart way to fix things...

Lol - so comical that you have unlimited excuses for your secret BFF. Any idea of what Anderson walked into after SJ fired Chris Mullin?…
Glad you’re amused. I was applying a similar yardstick to what’s been used here evaluating Payne. His first season dropped to four wins.

It’s not my fault nor Pitino’s that your administration keeps taking a step forward and two back. Year three is on our doorstep!…

Glad you’re amused. I was applying a similar yardstick to what’s been used here evaluating Payne. His first season dropped to four wins.

It’s not my fault nor Pitino’s that your administration keeps taking a step forward and two back. Year three is on our doorstep!…
Sure you were. Except you weren’t because I can’t recall anyone - besides Payne himself - suggesting that his abject failure was a result of Mack. In fact, were that yardstick to be used - the more apt evaluation would be what Mack walked into when pitino got shown the door.

It seems like such a short time ago that you created a thread at halftime vs UConn about how your bff had the johnnies right back to national prominence so quickly. That post - like so many of yours that aren’t deleted 😉 - of course aged terribly when they went on to lose that game and even more tragically for you, the next 7 out of 9.

Looks like the SJ administration took one step forward and two steps back hiring your Boo.

Cue the sad trombone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Art79
Sure you were. Except you weren’t because I can’t recall anyone - besides Payne himself - suggesting that his abject failure was a result of Mack. In fact, were that yardstick to be used - the more apt evaluation would be what Mack walked into when pitino got shown the door.

It seems like such a short time ago that you created a thread at halftime vs UConn about how your bff had the johnnies right back to national prominence so quickly. That post - like so many of yours that aren’t deleted 😉 - of course aged terribly when they went on to lose that game and even more tragically for you, the next 7 out of 9.

Looks like the SJ administration took one step forward and two steps back hiring your Boo.

Cue the sad trombone!
IIRC people were all over that UConn thread.

Who keeps posting here about Pitino and/or St John’s? I just participate, but I own who or what I am.

Pitenis Envy is fun to watch…

All this means is it is hard to win in this new environment. Pitino is a terrific coach but he brought in guys that didn’t fit how he likes to defend. Don’t care how good a coach you are if the players don’t fit it won’t work.

Here is another stat. There are several teams that took 7 or more transfer…..none are currently projected to make the tournament. More than likely Louisville is going to have 7 or more transfers next year. Patience is going to be needed again. That was the danger in KP failing.

All this means is it is hard to win in this new environment. Pitino is a terrific coach but he brought in guys that didn’t fit how he likes to defend. Don’t care how good a coach you are if the players don’t fit it won’t work.

Here is another stat. There are several teams that took 7 or more transfer…..none are currently projected to make the tournament. More than likely Louisville is going to have 7 or more transfers next year. Patience is going to be needed again. That was the danger in KP failing.
It'll be interesting to see how Pitino does going forward with NIL/Portal. It's possible he's unable to adjust to it. I think he's in a very bad spot. If he never left UofL I think he'd be retired by now like a lot of his contemporaries. But he's stuck trying to repair his legacy to go out on his own terms.

Glad it's not our problem, we have enough of our own. Still interesting to observe.

Reactions: BPGhost
I agree, I think what is interesting is how the entire landscape has shifted. Football is one thing. Sports with smaller rosters this is crazy. I still think teams better be deep into analytics. Then use it to build the roster how you want to play.

As detailed as Pitino is he should be able to cherry pick 5-7 guys that can defend. I think Nate Oats knows exactly how he wants to play and found guys that play his style perfectly.

What you can’t do is recruit players that don’t fit or recruit players without a clear understanding how you want to play. That is what happened to KP. They have zero guys that actually defend. Ok then you better be great offensively. Took too long to get this crew ready offensively. Musselman who is normally very good in the portal brought in guys that didn’t fit. Ellis was an odd choice because Musselman is deep into game planning and pressure defense. Ellis was awful defensively why take him?

IIRC people were all over that UConn thread.

Who keeps posting here about Pitino and/or St John’s? I just participate, but I own who or what I am.

Pitenis Envy is fun to watch…
Correct - as with most of your threads (again the ones that aren’t deleted 😂) people were all over that thread clowning and dunking on you for the way that it blew up in your face.

You keep posting about pitino and st. john’s- but it’s more instigate than participate. And when you’re done typing, I bet it turns into masterb*te.

“Pitenis Envy”? Holy shit you’re a weirdo…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT