ADVERTISEMENT

Name Another NCAA Basketball Coach That Has Done Less With More Than Calipari

Thanks, John. I plan on it. Tomorrow I'm actually making a move on a suspecting female. Things could be worse, lol.

My regards to your wife for her ordeal. If she's undergoing chemo and/or radiation, trust me, I would much rather have gone that route than what transpired for me. One thing you should discover - I know I have - is that modern medicine is some seriously helpful stuff. You are also very much in the right district for that if you;re around Louisville. Best of luck going forward, man.

Yeah, that's exactly it Senore - 25 external radiation, 6 chemo, 5 internal radiation. Overall she has taken it quite well. The chemo sessions really wore her out for a couple of days and the internal radiations are surgeries so she is sore for that day and the next, but she has been a trooper - way stronger than I'd have been. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully the lucky lady reciprocates :D

Reactions: Senore2006
Yeah, that's exactly it Senore - 25 external radiation, 6 chemo, 5 internal radiation. Overall she has taken it quite well. The chemo sessions really wore her out for a couple of days and the internal radiations are surgeries so she is sore for that day and the next, but she has been a trooper - way stronger than I'd have been. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully the lucky lady reciprocates :D

This type of stuff really puts things into perspective and shows us that this message board business is really just fun and games and nothing serious when compared to real life. My mother fell down the basement steps the week of Christmas and severely broke her leg. Thank god I was there as her thigh bone was jutting out of her skin. Very nasty injury and very long rehab as you can imagine. She is still recovering and will hopefully walk again some time in the future.

So I wish your wife the very best, John, and the best to Senore as well and anyone else that is going through very trying times. Love your loved ones, hug them close and cherish them. But also take care of yourself and your health when it is within your control.

This type of stuff really puts things into perspective and shows us that this message board business is really just fun and games and nothing serious when compared to real life. My mother fell down the basement steps the week of Christmas and severely broke her leg. Thank god I was there as her thigh bone was jutting out of her skin. Very nasty injury and very long rehab as you can imagine. She is still recovering and will hopefully walk again some time in the future.

So I wish your wife the very best, John, and the best to Senore as well and anyone else that is going through very trying times. Love your loved ones, hug them close and cherish them. But also take care of yourself and your health when it is within your control.

Sorry to hear about your mom SF, glad you were there to help her when she fell - hoping she makes a full recovery sir.

Some uahkay fans want to talk about Cal's loyalty to his players and their parents. That kind of loyalty cost them a title, i.e., the Harrison twins. And, even more important, did those parents sign Cal's paycheck? I think not. There are 23,000+ in the stands at every home game plus thousands more that follow the cayuts on the road. I think I know where the loyalty SHOULD be.!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

If I was an average coach, I'd go to the SEC and stand out.

"Elite program", my a$$...
WTH zipp you ain't no coach at all so, with that being said, I think you qualify for an $ec basketball job.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
This UK team has a very small chance to make noise in the NCAA Tournament. They are athletic, but not physical. Cal's best teams have been his most physical teams. This team is weak and does not defend well.
Still true. Kansas gave us more proof tonight. BBN will implode after they fail to make it past the Sweet Sixteen again this year.

Yeah, I question how good Kansas really is. That was by far their best win.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: Creo
Bumping this so Colin Cowherd will see it when he does a follow up on the segment on Cal U that he just did that made BBN head for the fainting couch. Say it with me - nobody, and I mean nobody, does less with more.

Reactions: Mayoman

Yea, message boards and sports for that matter have always been kind of a joke to me. I mean I love it, but its just entertainment and absolutely nothing more. People who put so much emphasis on it make me question what they must lack in their own life. I work with a girl who wears a UK shirt EVERY SINGLE DAY (Im not kidding). She must only buy UK stuff. I picture her closet with 100 UK shirts hanging on hangers. She has stickers all over her 40,000 dollar SUV as well. The day after UK loses, she is absolutely miserable. I have to wonder what someone like that is missing in life. She is single too btw.

UofL could lose every game for the next five years and I would still wake up with a big ol smile on my face because life is so beautiful.

These message boards are my Facebook I suppose, or as close to FB as I will get. I used to be on FB and it was pure garbage day in and day out. At least this is geared towards one specific idea and/or topic. The lack of narcissism here is also a big plus. There are plenty narcissist here, but when you cant take selfies in your bathroom mirror and post them here, makes it not so apparent.

Wait until it's won by another marquee coach and/or program. If it's the Zags or Oregon, not as big a deal. At the other extreme, let it be Louisville or Duke.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Last edited:
Reactions: Creo
What success? Dominating an intramural basketball league in the SEC? They have a ten week bye from now until the NCAA.

He builds his roster a certain way. He chooses to do it in a way that devalues experience. That's on him. It is stunning to look at the numbers being put up in the NBA by players who he could not even get to a Final Four. Cousins, Wall and Bledsoe on one team, and not even a Final Four. You could dig Adolph Rupp up and sit him on the sideline Weekend at Bernie's style and make a Final Four with that group.
you got that right!

The fact that Calapari took Umass to the final 4 with 1 5star player and beat the 96 team that had at least 7 NBA players really hurts your hypothesis.. He came very close to beating them twice. He also won at a high level at Memphis without quite the star power he has now. Calapari is one of the Best. His record stands on it's own.

The fact that Calapari took Umass to the final 4 with 1 5star player and beat the 96 team that had at least 7 NBA players really hurts your hypothesis.. He came very close to beating them twice. He also won at a high level at Memphis without quite the star power he has now. Calapari is one of the Best. His record stands on it's own.
ROFLMAO, nope, he is a sports agent!

The fact that Calapari took Umass to the final 4 with 1 5star player and beat the 96 team that had at least 7 NBA players really hurts your hypothesis...
You gotta go back 20 years to get a piece of supporting evidence? How many basketballs have bounced off Lite's head since then??

Reactions: Mayoman
You gotta go back 20 years to get a piece of supporting evidence? How many basketballs have bounced off Lite's head since then??

Just pointing out the versatility of Coach Cal. He's won with great talent and without it. Umass was never anything before Cal or after. He's been to final 4's at 3 different schools. Pitino is undoubtedly an Elite Coach, one of the best ever, yet Cal has absolutely dominated him since 2009-10. 8-2 against Pitino. Arguments like this should be settled on the court and we'll see the Cards in Rupp this Dec.

Just pointing out the versatility of Coach Cal. He's won with great talent and without it. Umass was never anything before Cal or after. He's been to final 4's at 3 different schools. Pitino is undoubtedly an Elite Coach, one of the best ever, yet Cal has absolutely dominated him since 2009-10. 8-2 against Pitino. Arguments like this should be settled on the court and we'll see the Cards in Rupp this Dec.
Louisville and Coach Pitino 1-0 against Pitino Lite and Cats since 2015-16 season!

Actually, it's 1 and 1 since 2015-16.. but if that makes you feel good hold on to it. The real record is still 8-2.. total domination..
LOL, we beat you the last time so that puts us on a winning streak Hahaha Slappie! Counting this year coming up, we will be 2-0.!!!!!!!!!

LOL, we beat you the last time so that puts us on a winning streak Hahaha Slappie! Counting this year coming up, we will be 2-0.!!!!!!!!!
What really makes me feel good is watching Pitino Lite getting skewered in big games he should have won. West Virginia, Wisconsin, GEORGE MASON ROFLMAO

Reactions: zipp
What really makes me feel good is watching Pitino Lite getting skewered in big games he should have won. West Virginia, Wisconsin, GEORGE MASON ROFLMAO

UK did not lose to George Mason. You're thinking of UAB, which admittedly is just as bad :)

UK did not lose to George Mason. You're thinking of UAB, which admittedly is just as bad :)
I know UAB took UK out in the NCAAT, sometime around 2004 and beat UK in Rupp during Gillispie's 2 year run (2008 I think) but did they beat UK during Cal's time? I don't recall.

I know UAB took UK out in the NCAAT, sometime around 2004 and beat UK in Rupp during Gillispie's 2 year run (2008 I think) but did they beat UK during Cal's time? I don't recall.
you are right, got George Mason mixed up with that other elite program, ROBERT MORRIS!

Going back through this thread I realized I should give an update. As of her latest checkup, my better half is officially cancer free.

Obviously, as a survivor, her chances for a repeat episode are increased, but she kicked it's ass this time. #fvckcancer.
Really glad to hear, God Bless..

All the top programs have a history of losing a few early round games to lower tier type of programs. Goes with the territory. Of all the things "bad" about UK - this one isn't such a big deal John!

Going back through this thread I realized I should give an update. As of her latest checkup, my better half is officially cancer free.

Obviously, as a survivor, her chances for a repeat episode are increased, but she kicked it's ass this time. #fvckcancer.

As others say - glad to read some positive news for you. We're all rooting for her.

Reactions: Graves51
ADVERTISEMENT