ADVERTISEMENT

Name Another NCAA Basketball Coach That Has Done Less With More Than Calipari

Yell he signed a lifetime contract this evening good for them.
I wouldn't want any coach idc whom it is to be given such a contract to my school .You are basically selling your soul to the devil because their is high probability as with everything the message gets old and stale coaching styles will change recruiting etc and the coach will not adapt even the great Cal will decline. And you are stuck with him.

Reactions: Deeva
I think they made the right decision keeping Calipari instead of letting him go to UCLA. If they had let him go, they are in the boat UCLA is in right now. Where does UCLA go next? There are some old guys out there... Pitino, Jim Calhoun. Maybe they roll the money dumpster up to Billy D or Stevens house and see if either of them is interested. Maybe Izzo is ready for a new challenge. Probably not.

Calipari wins 25+ games every year when he doesn't have major injuries. In the Top 10 a lot of the time. He wins a lot of the rivalry games. The Tournament is a crapshoot no matter who's in there.

It just doesn't make sense to try to save money by letting Calipari go. Not when he's still getting very good results by most teams' standards.

I think they made the right decision keeping Calipari instead of letting him go to UCLA. If they had let him go, they are in the boat UCLA is in right now. Where does UCLA go next? There are some old guys out there... Pitino, Jim Calhoun. Maybe they roll the money dumpster up to Billy D or Stevens house and see if either of them is interested. Maybe Izzo is ready for a new challenge. Probably not.

Calipari wins 25+ games every year when he doesn't have major injuries. In the Top 10 a lot of the time. He wins a lot of the rivalry games. The Tournament is a crapshoot no matter who's in there.

It just doesn't make sense to try to save money by letting Calipari go. Not when he's still getting very good results by most teams' standards.
Stevens and Billy will never step foot again on a college campus . These guys are NBA vested now they are both young enough and have decent runs with their perspective teams to be viable candidates for other NBA jobs if things don't work out with their present ball clubs. The NBA is a recycle chamber of coaches and these two as i stated would be idea choices for owners due to their ages and longevity.

Stevens and Billy will never step foot again on a college campus . These guys are NBA vested now they are both young enough and have decent runs with their perspective teams to be viable candidates for other NBA jobs if things don't work out with their present ball clubs. The NBA is a recycle chamber of coaches and these two as i stated would be idea choices for owners due to their ages and longevity.

That's basically my thought... UCLA has nowhere to go if they want a top candidate. If UK had traded places and given up Cal, they'd be talking to Mick Cronin right now.

Just stunning the talent he has collected for the last 15 years and has one championship to show for it. He should thank the heavens each night that Anthony Davis played on a team he was called the coach of at UK. He'd be ringless without him.

This UK team has a very small chance to make noise in the NCAA Tournament. They are athletic, but not physical. Cal's best teams have been his most physical teams. This team is weak and does not defend well. A second Sweet Sixteen flameout in as many years plus this loss will leave the blue people grumbling all offseason.
Name a coach who could have done better with one and done. It's not mack or coach k. Haters going to hate keep up the good work

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT