ADVERTISEMENT

Name Another NCAA Basketball Coach That Has Done Less With More Than Calipari

Going back through this thread I realized I should give an update. As of her latest checkup, my better half is officially cancer free.

Obviously, as a survivor, her chances for a repeat episode are increased, but she kicked it's ass this time. #fvckcancer.
That is really great news John! If I had just ONE wish that I could have come true, it would be that cancer would get cancer and lose its battle.

It's always a great day when we can read about someone winning against cancer. That horrible disease has taken a lot of loved ones away from me including my father 2 years ago. I really wish cancer would get cancer and lose. I wish I could 'like' your post a million times.

Let's hear it. Why has he only won title at UL? Shouldn't the best coach in the NCAA win at least every 5 years?

We are talking about a coach who won a title when three of the six players with the most playing time were two or three stars. Compare that with a coach who in a six year period had more AA's then Kansas, Duke and North Carolina combined. In this same general period three other programs have multiple titles. Cal has been knocked out of post season tourneys by programs like UConn twice, WVA, Wisconsin and even an NIT utter embarassment. While having close to 20 AA's during this time they have lost to one group of five teams that had a total of three AA's between them. Don't tell me that Cal can coach or even control a team. How do you lose to a WVA that had only one top hundred player on it's entire roster. Then consider Rick's some 40 ex players and coaches who have gone on to coaching success. Cal really has nothing to show for his time as a head coach. Of course you can't even coach at a junior high level without a degree. You judge a person by what he leaves behind and Rick's past ties will be making tracks in the game for a long time.

Jeffs obsession continues over into this board. As if arguing with Zipp endlessly in multiple threads on the main board just wasn't enough..o_O

It would be great if no UofL fans engaged them on the main board. Let them stroke each other dry. But...I know that's not realistic, as some truly relish the pointless back and forth. And better they infest the main board than here.

It would be great if no UofL fans engaged them on the main board. Let them stroke each other dry. But...I know that's not realistic, as some truly relish the pointless back and forth. And better they infest the main board than here.
If Pitino had the talent Cal has had, his teams would invariably start out losing 2-5 games, just to prepare for the ACC schedule. Every season. He would use the entire season as school - much like Crum did - and then close it out at the end.

Reactions: zipp
If Pitino had the talent Cal has had, his teams would invariably start out losing 2-5 games, just to prepare for the ACC schedule. Every season. He would use the entire season as school - much like Crum did - and then close it out at the end.
Great point.

Jeffs obsession continues over into this board. As if arguing with Zipp endlessly in multiple threads on the main board just wasn't enough..o_O
They're ball-hangers, no question. If their minds weren't so small, it would be more fun owning that real estate.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Nope

You've had your fair share of battles with UK fans on the main board too.
But at least you do it with true facts instead of just throwing opinionated barbs.

I disagree. Pitino's systems are much more complicated to play in, that's not a slight, but you can't take a new team every year and try to run Pitino's systems and be great by years end. It takes experience to play in that defense, when it's run right it's impossible to score on, but you aren't getting a team full of freshmen to run that system to perfection.
But I'd like to see Pitino try it. It's obviously much harder than what it looks like.
Anyone that thinks winning with freshmen is easy knows nothing about the game.

I disagree. Pitino's systems are much more complicated to play in, that's not a slight, but you can't take a new team every year and try to run Pitino's systems and be great by years end. It takes experience to play in that defense, when it's run right it's impossible to score on, but you aren't getting a team full of freshmen to run that system to perfection.
But I'd like to see Pitino try it. It's obviously much harder than what it looks like.
Anyone that thinks winning with freshmen is easy knows nothing about the game.
Jeff, whining about your "system" attracting star-studded freshmen who look for their first opportunity to jump ship is pretty humorous. Are you trying to get sympathy here?

If Pitino lands some kids he can't coach, that's on him. It doesn't change what your coach can or cannot do.

Last edited:
Jeff, whining about your "system" attracting star-studded freshmen who look for their first opportunity to jump ship is pretty humorous. Are you trying to get sympathy here?

If Pitino lands some kids he can't coach, that's on him. It doesn't change what your coach can or cannot do.

Assuming Rick would stick with formula's which don't work - that's pretty rich. He has proven extremely adaptable at UofL, from the Garcia led teams to the Preston Knowles/Killer Mosquitoes shifting, pressing amoebic defenses in Siva and crew. And now with the long men, stuck with love for wingspans and help defense, swatting crap at the 4 and 5 - Louisville's current staples, add a blooming guard or two.

He adapts to the players after acquiring athletes. Not saying Cal does not, but that's an absurd load to ask for every single season...5-7 new guys, no veterans. Sad, really.

Reactions: JohnKBA
I don't necessarily believe that Pitino can suddenly introduce 5-star kids into his boot camp successfully. If he can, look out. But the experiment with Samardo Samuels, Earl Clark, and Derrick Caracter indicated there could be problems.

If Pitino has problems again, that has no bearing on what Lite does at LPT. It would simply mean that neither guy can consistently win championships with young NBA prodigies.

My concern is that Pitino sees his coaching career winding down and wants to go out with guns blazing. Obviously, I hope he's doing something different this time, but I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude...

Guys like "Jeff" are excuse makers. The fact still remains that "lite" has had NBA all star teams and he has only won ONE NC with all of that talent. There are coaches out there that "lite" wouldn't make a pimple on their butts that had less talent and won.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I don't necessarily believe that Pitino can suddenly introduce 5-star kids into his boot camp successfully. If he can, look out. But the experiment with Samardo Samuels, Earl Clark, and Derrick Caracter indicated there could be problems.

If Pitino has problems again, that has no bearing on what Lite does at LPT. It would simply mean that neither guy can consistently win championships with young NBA prodigies.

My concern is that Pitino sees his coaching career winding down and wants to go out with guns blazing. Obviously, I hope he's doing something different this time, but I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude...
We'll never know, Zipp, because it will never happen. He is quite happy returning experienced ballplayers. tyvm. He is the designer of the teams he has now and he seems about as contented with his talent as he can be. Recruiting has been ideal, especially with Bowen jumping on board.

I stopped responding once all the critters came out of the woodwork. Jeff and JC leading the moron militia. For two posters who repeatedly call Zipp out for being a sh!t poster, and always wrong, they sure are heavily rustled by him...seeing as they just can't help but respond/foam at the mouth. It's cute.

@mebeblue2 Why the blatant lie on the main board saying I've reported you in the past? I've never reported anyone, not once. Is dishonesty a trait you carry on in your personal life as well? TIA

They can't help themselves. I love it most when they flock and engage in groupthink. Priceless.

Whining about my system? No, I'm simply spelling out what's actually happening for those that are misinterpreting it.

Guys like "Jeff" are excuse makers. The fact still remains that "lite" has had NBA all star teams and he has only won ONE NC with all of that talent. There are coaches out there that "lite" wouldn't make a pimple on their butts that had less talent and won.

Can you name these NBA all stars, when they became all stars and when they went to college at UK?

Whining about my system? No, I'm simply spelling out what's actually happening for those that are misinterpreting it.
You're trying to "spell out" why your coach can't get it done. Call it what you want.

Your coach can change or you can change your coach. Life is full of options, Jeff.

Can you name these NBA all stars, when they became all stars and when they went to college at UK?
The best example for gocards' argument is Anthony Davis. The guy's a transcendental player and, not coincidentally, the player at the center of Lite's only championship.

And my guess is another AD ain't walkin' thru that door.

Reactions: gocds
The best example for gocards' argument is Anthony Davis. The guy's a transcendental player and, not coincidentally, the player at the center of Lite's only championship.

And my guess is another AD ain't walkin' thru that door.

Okay that's one, where are the rest? You guys always say Cal loses with a bunch of NBA all stars, you've named one and he is from the team that won a title.

You're trying to "spell out" why your coach can't get it done. Call it what you want.

Your coach can change or you can change your coach. Life is full of options, Jeff.

That it is KZ, that it is.

Okay that's one, where are the rest? You guys always say Cal loses with a bunch of NBA all stars, you've named one and he is from the team that won a title.
I'm not calling all of Lite's recruits "NBA all-stars". My indisputable reference is that they're all high school blue-chippers, five stars, burger boys, whatever you wanna call 'em. And they're all driven by that NBA payoff.

Again, none of that can be intelligently disputed. And Lite gets twice as many of those kids as the next closest team. That also can't be disputed.

Nor can one championship--with the best of the litter.

Reactions: gocds
I'm not calling all of Lite's recruits "NBA all-stars". My indisputable reference is that they're all high school blue-chippers, five stars, burger boys, whatever you wanna call 'em. And they're all driven by that NBA payoff.

Again, none of that can be intelligently disputed. And Lite gets twice as many of those kids as the next closest team. That also can't be disputed.

EXACTLY!! My "NBA all-star" quote is a rhetorical comment, but good 'ole Jeff simply doesn't get it as he continues to display his cayut ignorance ON OUR BOARD. Keep it coming Jeff as we like the continued evidence of uahkay fan stupidity and ignorance.

Reactions: Niterider55
Jeff can you explain to us, why all you think and post about is UofL? Main board and this site alike. Oh no, but you're not obsessed, you're just discussing what "everyone" is discussing regarding the scandal, in which the news has remained stagnant. You're not very smart, nor a quality poster. You, JC, IKC, and the rest of you mouth breathers, should just return to the circle jerk of all "let's hate all things U of L". Zipp has you fools tied around is finger, yet you dense fvcks think you're "rustling" him. Why do you think none of your bretheren who've been on the main board for longer than 2 months haven't been backing you guys up, aside from @mebeblue2 who has hated U of L with a burning passion for years now. He also is a liar, and fabricates every post regarding situations with posters he doesn't agree with. You guys are all so cute.

Don't care what the talent level of a freshman is (AD notwithstanding), they are one season removed from playing high school ball. Anyone that thinks winning with freshmen is easier than winning with veteran teams doesn't know what they are talking about.
I get it, UK is a program you like to dump on, so you make yourself believe that winning with freshmen is somehow easier than winning with Juniors and Seniors, but you and I both know the truth.

EXACTLY!! My "NBA all-star" quote is a rhetorical comment, but good 'ole Jeff simply doesn't get it as he continues to display his cayut ignorance ON OUR BOARD. Keep it coming Jeff as we like the continued evidence of uahkay fan stupidity and ignorance.

You know, I really thought the word "Cats" was pretty easy to spell, never thought I would converse with someone that couldn't figure out how to navigate the spelling on that, but you accomplished what I thought was impossible. Congrats.
Not sure about the "Uahkay" thing, looks like you went to a....different school.

Jeff can you explain to us, why all you think and post about is UofL? Main board and this site alike. Oh no, but you're not obsessed, you're just discussing what "everyone" is discussing regarding the scandal, in which the news has remained stagnant. You're not very smart, nor a quality poster. You, JC, IKC, and the rest of you mouth breathers, should just return to the circle jerk of all "let's hate all things U of L". Zipp has you fools tied around is finger, yet you dense fvcks think you're "rustling" him. Why do you think none of your bretheren who've been on the main board for longer than 2 months haven't been backing you guys up, aside from @mebeblue2 who has hated U of L with a burning passion for years now. He also is a liar, and fabricates every post regarding situations with posters he doesn't agree with. You guys are all so cute.
It's fun 86, that's all, it's just fun. you guys are a hoot.
I'm not bothered by any of this. Truth is most other posters are too level headed and boring, they're good posters, but damn, I have to be Mr. Professional all freakin' day long, I want some entertainment and you fine people provide that.
You're a good dude 86, don't ever let anyone tell you different. You provide a good service to your rival fans and I RESPECT YOU for that. I really do.
But I need to ask, how do you know/think that all I ever post about is UL stuff?

You know, I really thought the word "Cats" was pretty easy to spell, never thought I would converse with someone that couldn't figure out how to navigate the spelling on that, but you accomplished what I thought was impossible. Congrats.
Not sure about the "Uahkay" thing, looks like you went to a....different school.

Wait a minute...aren't you the guy spelling UofL, ULOL on the main board? Why yes...yes you are. ;)

Wait a minute...aren't you the guy spelling UofL, ULOL on the main board? Why yes...yes you are. ;)

Steelers I hope you DON'T BAN this idiot. His post are so inane and ignorant they border on being humorous. We all need a good laugh once in a while from a CAYUT/uahkay fan.

Steelers I hope you DON'T BAN this idiot. His post are so inane and ignorant they border on being humorous. We all need a good laugh once in a while from a CAYUT/uahkay fan.

Ah c'mon, "idiot"? Jeez, harsh aren't you?

It's fun 86, that's all, it's just fun. you guys are a hoot.
I'm not bothered by any of this. Truth is most other posters are too level headed and boring, they're good posters, but damn, I have to be Mr. Professional all freakin' day long, I want some entertainment and you fine people provide that.
You're a good dude 86, don't ever let anyone tell you different. You provide a good service to your rival fans and I RESPECT YOU for that. I really do.
But I need to ask, how do you know/think that all I ever post about is UL stuff?
Louisville files appeal-Full Thread
....and now they're turning on their own thread, should speak volumes.

You claim it's all in fun, which obviously it's supposed to be, being that it's a fvcking message board. I know you're being extra PC on this board, walking around on egg shells..as you should. But gmafb, you get personal and fly of the hinges on the main board. Your back and forth with Zipp in those threads, along with the klan of morons, that feel the need to recycle the same rhetoric day in and day out tells me what kind of poster you truly are.

Ah c'mon, "idiot"? Jeez, harsh aren't you?
Your devil's advocate approach on this board is so transparent and sad. Perhaps you should just spew your vitriolic banter like you do on the main board. It's more fascinating to read, such an easy rustle you are Jeffery. Bye bye now.

Louisville files appeal-Full Thread
....and now they're turning on their own thread, should speak volumes.

You claim it's all in fun, which obviously it's supposed to be, being that it's a fvcking message board. I know you're being extra PC on this board, walking around on egg shells..as you should. But gmafb, you get personal and fly of the hinges on the main board. Your back and forth with Zipp in those threads, along with the klan of morons, that feel the need to recycle the same rhetoric day in and day out tells me what kind of poster you truly are.
LOL, yeah, there's things I certainly can't say here.
Don't get it twisted though, you and Zipp are having just as much fun with it as I am. If you didn't you wouldn't do it.

Your devil's advocate approach on this board is so transparent and sad. Perhaps you should just spew your vitriolic banter like you do on the main board. It's more fascinating to read, such an easy rustle you are Jeffery. Bye bye now.
Ha ha, you're no angel over there either.
I love getting you all rustled 86, you wear it well.

ADVERTISEMENT