ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Virginia

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Need to play hard and get the win and don’t look at the W-L record. Most of the ACC games are close no matter who is playing. Virginia has enough talent to upset you.

Virgins by 1 to end the 1st quarter in a very physical game by both teams. We started off really slow and then got into it. Brunelle for Virginia is setting moving picks and getting away with it. Both teams playing tough defense I wonder who will run out of gas first?

Down by 6 at the end of the half we are going to have to play better defense. In regards to rebounding we have players standing around waiting for their teammates to get the rebound or loose ball. Offensively we need to drive more and draw the fouls it might be hard because the refs are letting the game get physical.

We are a much better team when we start rebounding we just get lazy. Now this is going way back but when Olivia got the defensive rebound and threw a 2 handed pass half the distance of the court for Jefferson’s layup it reminded me of Wes Unseld.

One ref says Taylor walked and the other said it was a foul on Virginia. The replay shows she didn’t walk these refs are so bad.

It's unreal how the ball constantly ends up in the hands of a Virginia player. This has to be one of Jeff Walz's weakest teams at coralling the ball.

And of course, piss poor officiating is always ready to turn a win into a loss.

Reactions: rh62531
Cards are giving away this game after being up 9 with 5 minutes to go.

I don't know fellow Cards fans. I don't see this team being very successful in post season play. They're so limited with scorers, especially against the better teams. They're not very court smart either. They make way too many careless turnovers.

They made a 13 and 13 Virginia team look like a ranked team.

I think sometimes the portal works but other times not so much. This team just hasn't been consistent as today's game against Virginia shows.

Louisville sports is just in a major funk right now. It's truly bewildering.

I think we are getting out hustled on rebounds and on loose balls. Too many players standing around waiting for their teammates to get the ball. We ran the shot clock down to low on to many possessions and had to take bad shots.

Reactions: CardsFirst
You said it well Realville; this team is not going anywhere after this letdown at home. I was not in the arena, but it looked like a very impressive turnout, and these ladies should be ashamed to let a 15-15 team come in here and humiliate us like this. Once again the officials seemed to protect the UVA bigs in the paint, but we fell apart with 5 minutes to go and everyone could sense it.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I was there. Bad hustling. Very bad rebounding. No hands. Lazy.

Wasn't happy with coaching.

Shoulda won this game by 15.

Bad use of timeouts

Reactions: 2330859
Cards are giving away this game after being up 9 with 5 minutes to go.

I don't know fellow Cards fans. I don't see this team being very successful in post season play. They're so limited with scorers, especially against the better teams. They're not very court smart either. They make way too many careless turnovers.

They made a 13 and 13 Virginia team look like a ranked team.

I think sometimes the portal works but other times not so much. This team just hasn't been consistent as today's game against Virginia shows.

Louisville sports is just in a major funk right now. It's truly bewildering.
Poor rebounding, poor defense, and careless passing has been this team’s trademark.
I agree I just don’t see this team having a normal Cards post season run. And I’ll go one step further, they are not a top 20 team.

Need Jefferson, Curry, Taylor and Russell to all find their outside shooting touch at tournament time, They’re all capable.

This is one of those teams that plays better defense when they are shooting the ball well. Some teams (IMHO, the truly great ones) work the other way around - their defense fuels the offense.

And yes, unfortunately that’s what Jeff had to do when constructing this team - he went out and got offensive stars like Jefferson, Taylor and Curry and has been teaching them to play defense the Walz way. It’s been fairly successful, but not as successful as we’ve been used to recently.

I think CJW did a great job putting together a team that is competitive in short notice. This team is its own worst enemy. They have to realize every game in this conference is going to be tough. They have to be ready to play hard every game. I think they are capable but it is up to them. You could see the frustration in CJW face during this game.

When 7 of your 11 players are first year portals inconsistent play is what you get. Let's hope for a strong high school class.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT