ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS VIRGINIA GAME THREAD

I think the OL has done alright. The Cards are behind due to Plummer and Brohm knows this, so he's been conservative on offense. It hasn't worked.

Just now, 3 throws to the end zone and none were close. Brohm is in a pickle with his starting QB. He's been getting by because of the defense, but if we lose this game, I just don't see why he stays with him.

Cards would be better with this Virginia freshman QB.

Exactly what happened at pittsburgh. No adjustments, no qb switch. Gonna sink or swim with our weakest link

I agree we need to pressure their quarterback and stop him because he is killing us. Hit him hard enough to make him think about running the ball. Better yet Force a turnover.

I agree on the calls in the 4th they could have easily called holding on us on the last pass. However there was holding on them on 2 of their TD’s that weren’t called.

Jeff Brohm has to figure out the offense. I'm so surprised with the lack of a creative offense like misdirection plays. I watched quite a bit of Purdue games and there were plenty of creative plays.

Maybe he felt he needed to be tricky at Purdue but doesn't here? The offense since the Pitt game has been very generic.

I'm constantly on Jack Plummer but at the end of this game he has 243 yards and 2 TD's with the one pick. Not exactly horrible numbers.

If we're going to beat Miami, we have to be better on offense. We can't continue to rely on the defense to bail us out.

Every time Connelly goes in the game they know he is going to run it, everybody knows even our opponents. We should work on a pass play for Connelly in practice so we can use it in the game. I guarantee to you it would catch everyone off guard and probably go for some big yardage.
Totally agree. Hopefully saving that for the yuts.

Offense is still not where it needs to be. Brohm is much less creative than he was at Purdue. Not much of any misdirection except for that short TD pass.

I would like to see a bit of hurry up offense to create some momentum.
Let’s see the difference in his play calling when he gets a QB that he has faith can execute it. Plus - his defenses at purdoo sucked so he had to out score opponents.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I hate to not find real joy in a win but that was the least satisfying win since Michael Bush got hurt. The game was stressful, the officials were largely inept, I had four douchey UVA fans in front of me that I wanted slap, and of course the injury to the UVA back was terrible. Alas, it was a huge win and everything is still there for us (although that probably did t do much for our CFP ranking)

It's a damn shame we don't have a above average QB. This team would be a legit playoff team with one. A Jordan Travis or Dillan Gabriel and we would be undefeated.

Instead, we have a 6 year QB who still lacks confidence. By far, this Cards team weakest link is at QB.
We had Jordan Travis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT