ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS VIRGINIA GAME THREAD

TD Cards Virginia is focusing so hard on stopping the run this short passes are going to be open.

Every time Connelly goes in the game they know he is going to run it, everybody knows even our opponents. We should work on a pass play for Connelly in practice so we can use it in the game. I guarantee to you it would catch everyone off guard and probably go for some big yardage.

Reactions: jtcraw19
I agree on Virginia’s quarterback he looks good execution wise and he also looks like he has a high football IQ.

Usually you run the ball to open up the passing game. This game we need to pass the ball to open the run game.

Offense is still not where it needs to be. Brohm is much less creative than he was at Purdue. Not much of any misdirection except for that short TD pass.

I would like to see a bit of hurry up offense to create some momentum.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Virginia has made their defensive game plan clear. They’re going to sell out to stop the run and make us beat them with the pass

Penalties, botched field goal, Jawhar out of bounds on an easy TD, we look sloppy. Lock in fellas

I thought we should have thrown for the first down instead of setting up for a field goal. I agree Virginia is focusing on stopping the run forcing Plummer to throw more. I hope they aren’t exposing a weakness to everyone. Plummer needs to have a good game or every opponent will do the same.

Case in point here with the offense. After that mess up by Jordan going out of bounds, the 2nd and 10 playcall was very weak. An off tackle run that got one yard making it 3rd and 9.

No chance for momentum as the 3rd down play of a short pass proved. It was like Brohm was okay with a FG. And then of course the FG attempt was bobbled.

Just bad offense all around. I don't know what Brohm is trying to do but it's not been very effective in this game.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
The offense needs to pull their heads out of their asses and start executing.

Defense looks good so far.

I thought we should have thrown for the first down instead of setting up for a field goal. I agree Virginia is focusing on stopping the run forcing Plummer to throw more. I hope they aren’t exposing a weakness to everyone. Plummer needs to have a good game or every opponent will do the same.
Plummer is averaging 245 passing yards a game so opponents know he can pass the ball. Stopping the run is Virginia's strategy, and Brohm doesn't want to give in to it.

Plummer is averaging 245 passing yards a game so opponents know he can pass the ball. Stopping the run is Virginia's strategy, and Brohm doesn't want to give in to it.
CJB knows that he can't put the game on Plummer. Plummer is "serviceable" and a good game manager, that's about it. Brohm is doing a good job, the offense is just doing dumb shit right now.

I just don't get it. What is Brohm doing with this offense? It's like he's afraid of risking a Plummer mistake. It's been easy for Virginia's defense to see what's being called.

No screens. No jet sweeps or reverses. No roll out on play action. Not even that option play Plummer's ran several times this season. It's blue collar football as the announcer said. This looks like a Charlie Strong offense, but without Teddy Bridgewater.

We block the punt and Calloway catches it in the endzone for a Louisville TD love it.

I agree they act like the only reason we are winning 14-0 is because Virginia is making mistakes.

Our defense is carrying us on this game. Offense has been pretty anemic. The one big gain by Jordon called back by penalty. Then the step out of bounds when he could have probably had six

One of my buddies made a statement that I had thoughts about during the last part of the 1st. quarter and most of the 2nd. It's as if we're playing to keep from losing. Like we don't want to make a mistake. Hopefully, he's (Coach) just trying to come out with a 21 or 24 to 3 type score. Not showing much until next week. IMO

Maybe I hope that’s it as long as we win but we could have also taken Virginia to lightly. Every team is this conference can beat you if you don’t come to play.

We need a stop on the first drive to blunt their momentum. I get the feeling they are going tempo since it worked well on that last drive of the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT