ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs North Carolina

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Tough game today we have play really good defense guarding down low and the 3 point shot. We are going to have to neutralize either Kelly or Ustby. Ustby is all over the place with a good midrange shot. She is the all around player. She scores, she steals and she rebounds a really tough player.

Lacking offensive flow right now. We need to get to the line.

Cochran needs to move her feet more on defense and not guard with her legs/hands.

As much as they need Cochran in there they probably need to get her out with 3 fouls. UNC is attacking low every possession trying to get 4 on her.

Reactions: Bardman
Every time UNC drives the lane and shoots they call a foul on us. We need to do the same to see if it works for us.

Officiating in women's basketball is the worst of any sport I've seen. It's unbelievably consistently horrible. It's obvious that at least two of these refs are influenced by the home crowd.

It has frustrated the Cards and they are playing to get fouled. Walz has got to figure out which players can overcome this.

We need to attack right off the rebound instead of slowing it down. We have had more success driving the lane before UNC gets setup.

Very poor rebounding today - for some odd reason. This is a huge factor in today’s outcome. Team never seemed to find an offensive flow.

We won’t pull this one out we failed to stop Kelly and she hurt us. The refs have been so bad this half after an OK the first half. Harris had a great game so did Curry and Cochran. Fouls took us out the game and took our momentum away. We did not do good from the foul line.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Overall we did ourselves in with bad free throw shooting, got out rebounded by a lot and didn’t shutdown Kelly.

UNC was the better team today, and they deserved the win. My next comment is not suggesting the officiating changed the outcome, but from what I saw the entire game, there was a difference in the way the fouls were being called. It was a very physical game on both ends, but it sure appeared to me, that any contact when UNC had offensive possession, was a foul on UL. When UL had possession, a lot of the contact was not called.

One could argue that officiating is generally in favor of the home team; however in Women’s College Basketball it is demonstrably the case; which explains the incredibly high winning percentage for the home team.

UNC’s defense was very effective at not only defending in the half court; they positioned themselves for offensive rebounds as well as any team that we have played in awhile.

Lastly …… for a team that has been so good shooting FTs, we sure picked a bad time to start missing them!

I don’t blame our loss on the refs but it is frustrating when they call a touch foul on us a then our players get knocked to the floor and there is no call. UNC is a really good team and it was a tough game for both teams. We need to learn from this if we do it will make us a better team.

I don’t blame our loss on the refs but it is frustrating when they call a touch foul on us a then our players get knocked to the floor and there is no call. UNC is a really good team and it was a tough game for both teams. We need to learn from this if we do it will make us a better team.
If you have WBB tickets or attend their games you get to witness this up close and personal. Dee Kanter usually calls everthing like Ted Valentine. She had a soft whistle today.

Officiating in women's basketball is the worst of any sport I've seen. It's unbelievably consistently horrible. It's obvious that at least two of these refs are influenced by the home crowd.

It has frustrated the Cards and they are playing to get fouled. Walz has got to figure out which players can overcome this.
You certainly have a one minded theme. Yes, officiating in women's basketball is let's say difficult and sometimes hard to watch. Referees could literally call a violation every time down the court. Right now its the nature of the women's game. Its going to improve but its not a conspiracy against U of L women's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT