ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Rowland Ranks UK's 2016 football opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC defenses are vastly overrated. SEC is obviously a great conference but the superiority people give them over other conferences is insane. Sure, just like the top of any conference the best teams typically have good defenses and even some bad teams (like BC in the ACC and Vandy in the SEC) but this idea that the SEC is this week in and week out buzz saw of great defenses and great teams is drastically overrated. SEC finished with 5 teams ranked in the top 25, ACC finished w/3, Big 10 w/6, Big 12 w/4, Pac 12 w/3 and then WKU, Notre Dame, Navy, Houston.

SEC finished with 7 of the top 50 teams in total defense, ACC finished with 8, Big 10 finished with 10, Big 12 finished with ONE, Pac 12 with 3.

SEC defenses are vastly overrated. SEC is obviously a great conference but the superiority people give them over other conferences is insane. Sure, just like the top of any conference the best teams typically have good defenses and even some bad teams (like BC in the ACC and Vandy in the SEC) but this idea that the SEC is this week in and week out buzz saw of great defenses and great teams is drastically overrated. SEC finished with 5 teams ranked in the top 25, ACC finished w/3, Big 10 w/6, Big 12 w/4, Pac 12 w/3 and then WKU, Notre Dame, Navy, Houston.

SEC finished with 7 of the top 50 teams in total defense, ACC finished with 8, Big 10 finished with 10, Big 12 finished with ONE, Pac 12 with 3.

This is just a general statement right? At no point did I say the SEC was a buzz saw. I merely compared UK's 2015 slate to BC's 2016 slate. Not once did I mention the terms "SEC" or "ACC."

That being said, I think we can all agree that UK's 2015 schedule was much tougher than BC's 2016 schedule.

It's hard to know what will happen for Towles in his new residence. He couldn't cut the mustard at UK last year but the problems in that program run deeper than one guy.

No QB is going to put up big #'s @ BC because they have a system in place that is going to rely on their defense. Their D is always a strength of their team.

Through Towles prior failures it is possible he channels those into some degree of success with BC, though it may not translate in terms of statistics.

Bottom line they are going to play in a some close games more than likely, and if he sees the field, and helps them get a few wins and is part of a program heading in a right direction, that would be more than he accomplished last year for sure.

This is just a general statement right? At no point did I say the SEC was a buzz saw. I merely compared UK's 2015 slate to BC's 2016 slate. Not once did I mention the terms "SEC" or "ACC."

That being said, I think we can all agree that UK's 2015 schedule was much tougher than BC's 2016 schedule.

Yes, my post wasn't directed at any poster specifically. More of just a statement that the idea of the SEC being head and shoulders above everyone else is misleading.

He only played against UL twice so far and against UL last year he only attempted 4 passes.
You know what I meant. He will be wearing a football uniform whether playing or not, that will have lost to UL five times. He is a loser at qb and an obvious loser when picking winning college programs. The funny thing for your joke of a football program, he is better than Barker. Talk about setting the bar too low.

You know what I meant. He will be wearing a football uniform whether playing or not, that will have lost to UL five times. He is a loser at qb and an obvious loser when picking winning college programs. The funny thing for your joke of a football program, he is better than Barker. Talk about setting the bar too low.

I'm not a UK fan. Geez. How can you misconstrue my statement that Towles will do better at BC than @ UK as being something a UK fan would say? I'm not a fan of UL or UK. I'm offering my objective take on Patrick Towles. Nothing more nothing less. I will say this about BC tho, they are a tough team to play in Chestnut Hill. I doubt they will have the best defense in the country again this year because their D-Co went to Michigan but the offense will better and that D will still be pretty tough. That's not a cake walk for the Cards by any stretch, they only won by three last season.

Reactions: Mayoman
I'm not a UK fan. Geez. How can you misconstrue my statement that Towles will do better at BC than @ UK as being something a UK fan would say? I'm not a fan of UL or UK. I'm offering my objective take on Patrick Towles. Nothing more nothing less. I will say this about BC tho, they are a tough team to play in Chestnut Hill. I doubt they will have the best defense in the country again this year because their D-Co went to Michigan but the offense will better and that D will still be pretty tough. That's not a cake walk for the Cards by any stretch, they only won by three last season.
3-0. spring game score. They will scare nobody. Their whole athletic program is a joke. Towles sucks and any knowledgable college football fan examining the body of work on and off the field would agree. If I was a coach at BC, I would jump at the chance to get out of that loser football program.

3-0. spring game score. They will scare nobody. Their whole athletic program is a joke. Towles sucks and any knowledgable college football fan examining the body of work on and off the field would agree. If I was a coach at BC, I would jump at the chance to get out of that loser football program.
BC's Baseball teams in a Super Regional. Your Kayuts, not so much.

Reactions: American Male
Since we're talking football, BC is every bit as relevant as Kentucky. I really get a kick out of how cocky Kentucky football fans get every summer.

It's debatable. UK played 8 home games last year and also caught a break when South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Louisville were all weaker than expected.

BC has 7 home games including conference games against FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, and Georgia Tech. UConn is a better non-conference opponent than anyone UK typically schedules (and never schedules home and home) with the exception of Louisville.

It's debatable. UK played 8 home games last year and also caught a break when South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Louisville were all weaker than expected.

BC has 7 home games including conference games against FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, and Georgia Tech. UConn is a better non-conference opponent than anyone UK typically schedules (and never schedules home and home) with the exception of Louisville.

Mizz had the #6 total D last year. UL was #19, and Vandy was #28. I wouldn't say those teams were down last year, at least not defensively.

Also, swap out UF, UGA, Tennessee for Clemson who lost almost everyone this year and FSU who will be a top D, and then who? Va Tech or Wake Forrest?

I agree that it is debatable, but give me BC's 2016 schedule of
GT
UMass
VaTech
Wagner
Buffalo
Clem
Cuse
NCSU
UL
FSU
UConn
WF

Over UK's
So. Miss
UF
USCe
Bama
Vandy
Ole Miss
Mizz
UGA
Tenn
Austin Peay
UL

Mizz had the #6 total D last year. UL was #19, and Vandy was #28. I wouldn't say those teams were down last year, at least not defensively.

Also, swap out UF, UGA, Tennessee for Clemson who lost almost everyone this year and FSU who will be a top D, and then who? Va Tech or Wake Forrest?

GT
UMass
VaTech
Wagner
Buffalo
Clem
Cuse
NCSU
UL
FSU
UConn
WF

Over UK's
So. Miss
UF
USCe
Bama
Vandy
Ole Miss
Mizz
UGA
Tenn
Austin Peay
UL

That is not UK's 2015 schedule. UK's 2015 schedule had Louisville, EKU, Louisiana Lafayette, and Charlotte in the non-conference, all at home. It also had Auburn, the last place team in the SEC West, as its rotating opponent, instead of Alabama. That reminds me ... Auburn was also weaker than expected in 2015.

GT
UMass
VaTech
Wagner
Buffalo
Clem
Cuse
NCSU
UL
FSU
UConn
WF

Over UK's
So. Miss
UF
USCe
Bama
Vandy
Ole Miss
Mizz
UGA
Tenn
Austin Peay
UL
Tennessee was the only team in the east that had a good offense last year, Georgia did until midway through the season. You are going by stats that were compiled against some of the worst offenses in all of P5 football (Vandy,Kentucky,Florida,South Carolina,Missouri).

GT
UMass
VaTech
Wagner
Buffalo
Clem
Cuse
NCSU
UL
FSU
UConn
WF

Over UK's
So. Miss
UF
USCe
Bama
Vandy
Ole Miss
Mizz
UGA
Tenn
Austin Peay
UL
And you only have Kentucky down for 11 games, who'd you leave out?

Tennessee was the only team in the east that had a good offense last year, Georgia did until midway through the season. You are going by stats that were compiled against some of the worst offenses in all of P5 football (Vandy,Kentucky,Florida,South Carolina,Missouri).

So do that for the ACC teams you mentioned.

GT
UMass
VaTech
Wagner
Buffalo
Clem
Cuse
NCSU
UL
FSU
UConn
WF

Over UK's
So. Miss
UF
USCe
Bama
Vandy
Ole Miss
Mizz
UGA
Tenn
Austin Peay
UL

And Austin Peay and New Mexico State are the ONLY SURE wins for your SUCK-@$$ Team!!!

:cool:

Reactions: rockycard
Any offense would look bad when you have to play a Top 5 defense 8 weeks in a row by the time you get to the end of that gauntlet you are usually down to your 3 string QB.

The funny thing about UK's schedule next year is, it really is set up for them to do well. All of the 100% unwinnable games except Georgia are on the road: Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville.

The problem is, UK is so bad, and their QB is so inexperienced that they really can't take advantage of their favorable schedule. At most, I can see them beating Southern Miss, NM State, Vandy, and Austin Peay. That's the ceiling for them. They will probably do even worse.

Screw you.I have been a uofl fan since Corso. My accurate point was Towles, sucks Boston College sucks in football and basketball. Anybody sticking up or complimenting Towles as a qb is an idiot or a UK fan. I know. There is no difference.Reading comprehension has never been a prerequisite for message boards.

Some of the worst offenses in P5 football? Come on man.
Florida played Tennessee, UGA, LSU, Ole Miss, FSU, Alabama, and Michigan.
Vandy played Ole Miss, UGA, Houston, A&M, a very good WKU offense with an NFL QB, and Tennessee
Missouri played a trash schedule, I'll give you that.
USCe played UNC, UGA, LSU, A&M, Tennessee, and Clemson

Those are good offenses.

Screw you.I have been a uofl fan since Corso. My accurate point was Towles, sucks Boston College sucks in football and basketball. Anybody sticking up or complimenting Towles as a qb is an idiot or a UK fan. I know. There is no difference.Reading comprehension has never been a prerequisite for message boards.

Why are you so deep in your feelings? Who hurt you?

Some of the worst offenses in P5 football? Come on man.
Florida played Tennessee, UGA, LSU, Ole Miss, FSU, Alabama, and Michigan.
Vandy played Ole Miss, UGA, Houston, A&M, a very good WKU offense with an NFL QB, and Tennessee
Missouri played a trash schedule, I'll give you that.
USCe played UNC, UGA, LSU, A&M, Tennessee, and Clemson

Those are good offenses.
I don't know how you think the schools that I mentioned had good offenses? A horrible Kentucky defense doesn't mean that the opposition has a good offense.

I don't know how you think the schools that I mentioned had good offenses? A horrible Kentucky defense doesn't mean that the opposition has a good offense.

I thought you said that the defenses UK faced were only ranked high because they played some of the worst offenses in P5 football.

I did say that, here are the offensive rankings for those schools mentioned...out of 128 fbs teams.

Georgia 74
Florida 83
South Carolina 103
Vandy 120
Missouri 125

Those are bad offenses!!!

My point was that Towles faced tougher defenses last year, and throughout his career in the SEC, then he will while he is playing at BC. I also said that BC's 2016 schedule this season is going to be easier than UK's schedule. I think you have a good point that UK's 2015 schedule, looking back, may be on par with BC's 2016. I don't however, see how UK's defense or the offenses they faced factor into what I was saying.

Also, I never said Towles was the second coming of Tim Couch. I said he MIGHT play well enough to SNEAK into the second round. Not sure why that is such an inflammatory statement.

For the 500th time, I'm not a Kentucky fan, keep up.

For the 500th time WE DON'T GIVE A FU@#...You're on a Louisville Board SLOBBERING ALL over the nut-sack of the DESPISED Team out east!!!

If you don't like it, you can LEAVE...NOBODY INVITED your @$$ here, and NOBODY will miss you when you leave!!!

:cool:

Any offense would look bad when you have to play a Top 5 defense 8 weeks in a row by the time you get to the end of that gauntlet you are usually down to your 3 string QB.
You've had 75+ years of participation in the SEC. You'd think in all of that time, UK would have figured out how to move from whipping boy to one of the the mid range teams in their division at least.

My point was that Towles faced tougher defenses last year, and throughout his career in the SEC, then he will while he is playing at BC. I also said that BC's 2016 schedule this season is going to be easier than UK's schedule. I think you have a good point that UK's 2015 schedule, looking back, may be on par with BC's 2016. I don't however, see how UK's defense or the offenses they faced factor into what I was saying.

Also, I never said Towles was the second coming of Tim Couch. I said he MIGHT play well enough to SNEAK into the second round. Not sure why that is such an inflammatory statement.
Has Towles even won the starting spot?

Has Towles even won the starting spot?

He has not. He is however the presumptive starter. The incumbent, Darius Wade, is a dynamic player that makes things happen but BC would be better served using him as a slot guy or APB. I don't think BC excepted Towles transfer to sit him during his only year of eligibility.

Hey thug life, I paid for a subscription just like you. Now if you want to step away from the keyboard and your caps lock button, I'd love to discuss free market economics, as well as the marketplace of ideas. You see my name and picture right there on my profile right? I'll be at work at the hall of justice all day today and everyday from M-F. I'm in courtroom 304. I leave everyday at 5. Also, I'll be at my son's football practice every M-Th at Meyzeek from 6-8. I look forward to meeting you face to face and seeing if you have all that mouth then.
I'm sure Mr. Burba, Lyles, Dearborn or anyone connected with the school would appreciate hosting a confrontation in front of neighborhood kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT