ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Bell - transfer target

My gauge for Mack's coaching at X was alongside of prior X coaches. He really didn't do anymore than his predecessors, none of whom did much after they left. Sean Miller is maybe the only exception, but it looks like he was a cheater...

If Mack was working for what Padgett was making, I'd be very patient. He's making almost five times more, which makes me five times less patient...
Mack is making half of what Pitino did and he brought in plenty of guys like this.

Former Xavier coach Thad Matta coached tOSU to 5 big 10 titles in 13 yrs. Multiple FF. Winningest coach in tOSU history.

Bullshit. He had a No. 1 seed and underachieved.
Yes, they went out earlier than expected BUT how did they go out? Losing PF Naji Marshall to injury early in the game plus Macura fouling out on two calls that were totally bogus. No reflection on Mack's ability as a coach at all.

That is the reason they play the games.

Mack is making half of what Pitino did and he brought in plenty of guys like this.
Mack is being paid 80% of what U of L was paying Pitino. Pitino's recruits averaged high three-star in the last five years or so.

And some of you guys need to let go of Pitino. He's not the coach here anymore...

Former Xavier coach Thad Matta coached tOSU to 5 big 10 titles in 13 yrs. Multiple FF. Winningest coach in tOSU history.
Forgot about Matta, but even the best X coach didn't make it all the way. We also don't know that he was clean. And tOSU fired the guy which is not what Mack's defenders are expecting to happen here.

I've laid out the list before... Miller, Gillen, Prosser, and now Matta. Those aren't coaching legends that people aspire to...

Yes, they went out earlier than expected BUT how did they go out? Losing PF Naji Marshall to injury early in the game plus Macura fouling out on two calls that were totally bogus. No reflection on Mack's ability as a coach at all.

That is the reason they play the games.
How does anybody go out??? Doesn’t matter, only matters if you win. Else we would have another championship if Manuel Forrest... or If TWill did... Hell, we probably won the 86 Championship cause Milt got hurt the year before and had another year of eligibility.

Mack lost to Leonard Hamilton. That's the central fact...

Mack lost to Leonard Hamilton. That's the central fact...

Tony Bennett, the coach you have lauded repeatedly, lost to....Ryan Odom. The first ever 1 seed, and the overall number one seed at that, to lose to a 16 seed in history and by 20 points.

Tony Bennett, the coach you have lauded repeatedly, lost to....Ryan Odom. The first ever 1 seed, and the overall number one seed at that, to lose to a 16 seed in history and by 20 points.
Tony Bennett's not your coach...Mack is. For all I know, some guy named "Ryan Odom" is 10X the coach that Hamilton is...

Tony Bennett's not your coach...Mack is. For all I know, some guy named "Ryan Odom" is 10X the coach that Hamilton is...

You have always said the NCAA Tourney was a crapshoot, right? So why do you keep using Macks loss to FSU as a negative against him? Shouldn't he get credit for taking Xavier to a number one seed?

You have always said the NCAA Tourney was a crapshoot, right? So why do you keep using Macks loss to FSU as a negative against him? Shouldn't he get credit for taking Xavier to a number one seed?
I'm neither giving him credit nor cutting him down. Just pointing out facts.

It's hard to lose to Leonard Hamilton and say it's a fluke or your coach is still good. That's what Mack defenders are trying to argue...

I'm neither giving him credit nor cutting him down. Just pointing out facts.

It's hard to lose to Leonard Hamilton and say it's a fluke or your coach is still good. That's what Mack defenders are trying to argue...

Hamilton isn't a great coach but he does seem to be a good recruiter and motivator. The problem with teams like that is that they are often inconsistent. One game they are a top 5 team and the next they couldn't beat a HS team. FSU had a lot of talent on that team and were dangerous because of it.

Reactions: shadow force
How does anybody go out??? Doesn’t matter, only matters if you win. Else we would have another championship if Manuel Forrest... or If TWill did... Hell, we probably won the 86 Championship cause Milt got hurt the year before and had another year of eligibility.
My point was that the loss to FSU was not a reflection on Mack's ability and freaky things happen come tournament time when it is one and done.

What is the point? If I list the average or even bad coaches that Pitino lost to over the years and call those facts, does that discredit him as a coach?
One game doesn't prove anything, and I don't need that test to prove Pitino's greatness.

To say that Mack did a great job getting a one seed or a bad job losing to Leonard Hamilton--neither by itself makes a compelling case for or against Mack. Again, my stance is I'm from Missouri on Mack. He's got a lot to prove how good or bad he is...

Hamilton isn't a great coach but he does seem to be a good recruiter and motivator. The problem with teams like that is that they are often inconsistent. One game they are a top 5 team and the next they couldn't beat a HS team. FSU had a lot of talent on that team and were dangerous because of it.
Fine, but a lightly paid rookie coach with less of a roster and whom we just let go was able to overcome that 2-out-of-3 games.

I'm neither criticizing or defending Mack. That's simply a fact...

One game doesn't prove anything, and I don't need that test to prove Pitino's greatness.

To say that Mack did a great job getting a one seed or a bad job losing to Leonard Hamilton--neither by itself makes a compelling case for or against Mack. Again, my stance is I'm from Missouri on Mack. He's got a lot to prove how good or bad he is...
I'm fine with that as long he is not held to a higher standard than Pitino.

I recall that the major issue some people had with Padgett was recruiting. And I thought that opinion was premature and out of perspective.

So what are those same people saying about Mack today? Just asking...

So Saint Pitino is off limits?
Not to me. We can talk about The Master whenever you want. I just don't wanna hear any b!tching about me bringing his name into the discussion. That's done by guys like you...

Forgot about Matta, but even the best X coach didn't make it all the way. We also don't know that he was clean. And tOSU fired the guy which is not what Mack's defenders are expecting to happen here.

I've laid out the list before... Miller, Gillen, Prosser, and now Matta. Those aren't coaching legends that people aspire to...

What does their performance have to do with Mack? Xavier is making coaches in a lab and giving them all the exact same coaching ability. Pitino came from Providence. Who aspires to be anyone else on Providence's coaching tree? Army had Knight and Coach K come from there, should we hire Army's current coach because somehow he get some of their coaching ability from working at the same job?

None of the former X coaches are legends but they have produced several guys like Matta and Miller who have been successful. Good or bad that doesn't mean much for Mack here.

Hey can any of you tell me what Page of this thread we actually get back to talking about updates of 5th year Seniors transferring in to play for U of L?

That’s what I’m interested in.

I’m sick of the Clown Show, the coach haters, the former coach Piners, the crystal ball forecasters of the NCAA penalty world, and the Dr. Frankenstein’s bringing hookers and shoe company pirates back to life.

I am for MY SCHOOL, The University of Louisville, the Coaches who wanted to come here, relocate their families, and risk their careers for this historic program. Most importantly, I am for the players who want to be here. Some of these players consider this their athletic dream. That’s who I’m for.

The rest of that crap can be buried out with the Valley of the Drums on the border of Jefferson and Bullitt County. That’s where it belongs! LEAVE IT THERE.

Go Cards
L1C4

Not to me. We can talk about The Master whenever you want. I just don't wanna hear any b!tching about me bringing his name into the discussion. That's done by guys like you...
Dang, don't tell me my original esponse to this was deleted. LOL

What does their performance have to do with Mack? Xavier is making coaches in a lab and giving them all the exact same coaching ability. Pitino came from Providence. Who aspires to be anyone else on Providence's coaching tree? Army had Knight and Coach K come from there, should we hire Army's current coach because somehow he get some of their coaching ability from working at the same job?

None of the former X coaches are legends but they have produced several guys like Matta and Miller who have been successful. Good or bad that doesn't mean much for Mack here.
Are you seriously trying to tell me I'm not reading fan testimonials about what Mack did at Xavier? WTH other basis is there to like the guy? Clue me in...

Moderators need to control Zipp taking over ever topic discussing recruits.
I keep clicking on this thread thinking some update on Bell and its just Zipp arguing with every one about how Mack is a terrible recruiter and how great Pitino is. Pitino ruined the program...and we are lucky we were able to get Mack....get over it.
So, does any one have any updates on Bell?

No update, but I saw Bell play quite a few times when he played at Butler High School prior to his transfer out of town to
Boyle County. Is he capable of playing @ the ACC level? Not sure, but the kid was a helluva athlete & super explosive.

Are you seriously trying to tell me I'm not reading fan testimonials about what Mack did at Xavier? WTH other basis is there to like the guy? Clue me in...

What basis is there to dislike the him? I was a huge Pitino fan also but he is gone. You keep saying that you are being realistic rather than being a fan about Mack but you are spinning every fact you can to try and make Mack look bad. He lost to Leonard Hamilton? So did coach K and Pitino. Both of them are coaching legends. They are better than Hamilton but you act like Hamilton is so dumb that not know a bball if he picked it up.

There are things to like about Mack. I support him not out of some blind fandom but even before he was hired on our radar he seemed to be the next guy ready to make the jump into elite coaches.

Moderators need to control Zipp taking over ever topic discussing recruits.
I keep clicking on this thread thinking some update on Bell and its just Zipp arguing with every one about how Mack is a terrible recruiter and how great Pitino is. Pitino ruined the program...and we are lucky we were able to get Mack....get over it.
So, does any one have any updates on Bell?

Just put him on ignore like I did shortly after joining. This is a great site for team information and the latest news. It only gets better without having to read his crap.

What basis is there to dislike the him? I was a huge Pitino fan also but he is gone. You keep saying that you are being realistic rather than being a fan about Mack but you are spinning every fact you can to try and make Mack look bad...
That's because you're looking at it from one side. I try to "moderate" most discussions, bring them back to the center where they should be. There's usually no logical basis for extreme opinions like you see expressed here.

Find me a guy in this or any other thread saying "Mack's a bum" and "he has no chance at success". You'll find my first posts defending him. But that's not what happens. Fans are either being justifiably objective and saying "show me"--I don't feel compelled to reply to those--or slobbering all over Mack and, in some way, generally associated with support for the clown show or critique for the prior regime. THOSE guys are my targets and the comments you're noticing.

Try to pay attention and analyze better...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT