ADVERTISEMENT

I refuse to panic Part 2

Cardfan1937

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2014
Again, I am not happy with our current record. The sun is always behind the clouds. Here are some statistics that need to be analyzed.

Our defense played about 23 players against Virginia. 5 key players were not available with one of those called for targeting early in the game. Of that 28, 5 were seniors, 8 were juniors, 13 were sophomores, and 5 were freshmen. I included red shirts in their football class. No special team players are in these numbers unless they play on both defense and special teams. This indicates that the recruiting has improved over Coach Bobby's four years. It appears that our senior class is lacking in talent based on these numbers. That would have been this staffs' first year of recruiting.

On offense, we played approximately 24 players. 5 were seniors, 4 were juniors, 9 were sophomores and 6 were freshmen. Same assignments to football class apply here. Again it indicates that recruiting is getting better each year. Again special teams are not included unless they play on both teams. Again it appears that our senior class is lacking in talent based on these numbers. This would also indicate that our recruiting has improved over the last four years.

I liked what our defensive coordinator told his players after the Virginia game in that a lot of them would be playing together for several more years. Experience will become a strong point.

The same thing is true for the offense. Lots of these players will be playing together for a long time. Again, experience will become a strong point.

It is impossible to say how fast this improvement will come this year. Good coaching can speed this improvement up as well as getting some key players back from injuries. I can see a glimmer of sun behind the clouds.

I hope that's a glimmer you're seeing OP and not something in your eye impacting your vision. I'll wait for Part 3.

Again, I am not happy with our current record. The sun is always behind the clouds. Here are some statistics that need to be analyzed.

Our defense played about 23 players against Virginia. 5 key players were not available with one of those called for targeting early in the game. Of that 28, 5 were seniors, 8 were juniors, 13 were sophomores, and 5 were freshmen. I included red shirts in their football class. No special team players are in these numbers unless they play on both defense and special teams. This indicates that the recruiting has improved over Coach Bobby's four years. It appears that our senior class is lacking in talent based on these numbers. That would have been this staffs' first year of recruiting.

On offense, we played approximately 24 players. 5 were seniors, 4 were juniors, 9 were sophomores and 6 were freshmen. Same assignments to football class apply here. Again it indicates that recruiting is getting better each year. Again special teams are not included unless they play on both teams. Again it appears that our senior class is lacking in talent based on these numbers. This would also indicate that our recruiting has improved over the last four years.

I liked what our defensive coordinator told his players after the Virginia game in that a lot of them would be playing together for several more years. Experience will become a strong point.

The same thing is true for the offense. Lots of these players will be playing together for a long time. Again, experience will become a strong point.

It is impossible to say how fast this improvement will come this year. Good coaching can speed this improvement up as well as getting some key players back from injuries. I can see a glimmer of sun behind the clouds.

I'm only panicking if public opinion starts pressuring the athletic department to make a change at the end of this season that isn't needed IMO. Yes, problems this year. This is a completely different team than last year, a young one, and as you said they get to play together for several more years. Talent and experience will be a strong point as we move forward. Uncle Rico will settle in as DC and finally stop the attrition there. No one is happy with being the #120 offense but the answer isn't always FARRRRRRR the coach. If you are going to FARRRRRRR the coach you better have a better option available and there are a lot more Kragthorpes out there than Petrinos.

My guess is that the FSU fans that supported & understood the situation for Jimbo Fisher in a 6-6 are really annoyed at the public pressure to run him off. The message to fans needs to be don't be part of that pressure here!

Reactions: PushupMan
This would also indicate that our recruiting has improved over the last four years.
or it could also indicate poor coaching in that players have been in the system three years and an incoming freshman is better than them and knows more than them. honestly, if we took lamar out of the last two years we'd probably be less than a .500 team. regretfully, doesn't seem like improvement is happening year to year.

Also, I am so glad Jon Gruden finally took a HC job in the NFL. Otherwise we'd be reading "FARRRRR PETRINA, HARRRRR JON GRUDEN, HIS BROTHER WENT TO U OF L" every day.
I never thought Jon would come here. Too deeply rooted in the NFL. However, I was advocating for Jay when Charlie left us high and dry because Jay is a great offensive mind with ties to the Cards. That ship has probably sailed as well though.

I've never understood the love for Gruden in any shape or form. He's a .500 coach who never coached at the collegiate level and hasn't coached in the NFL in 10 years where he did win a Superbowl but overall was very mediocre.

I've never understood the love for Gruden in any shape or form. He's a .500 coach who never coached at the collegiate level and hasn't coached in the NFL in 10 years where he did win a Superbowl but overall was very mediocre.

Looks like mediocrity may have followed him to Oakland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT