ADVERTISEMENT

El at Arkansas

Oct 9, 2001
He sits on the bench a lot more than he plays.
Conclusions from that: 1) He was presumably our best talent. What does that say about our overall talent level. 2) Ark must have better players than us. (and El- ties back to #1. 3) Maybe he doesn’t fit their system.
Last year I think Williamson had the best stats for all of our transfers and those stats were not world beaters. Again that just confirms what is happening to Ellis. Our talent level seems to improved this year with Johnson and maybe a couple of others.
Evans needs some dance lessons to help him with his footwork.

GO CARDS!!!!!

I watched Arkansas last night and the reason he rides the bench is he is the same player he was last year. His defense sucks just as bad but there are better shooters

Reactions: rh62531
Watched Arky play some, couldn't help but notice that El doesn't wear his hair the same as he did here. There was a rumor that KP asked him to change how he wears it and El clearly didn't comply. Wonder what changed.

I guess he was more about style than substance last year. I mean why else would you impede or distract your vision.

Had 19 points but no assists and 4 turnovers when Arkansas lost at home to UNC Greensboro. He’s been picking a lot of splinters since then.

Players have to be coachable. Talent is one thing which he clearly has but he is proving to be difficult to coach. I said when he transferred it was an odd choice. Musselman is a demanding coach and requires players to defend.

I knew the talent level last year wasn’t good but what was worse they weren’t coachable. None of the transfers are being asked to be stars they are role players. We had a team full of role players. That includes James and Traynor. That is why I gave KP a pass last year.

Then he lost me when they started the way they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT