ADVERTISEMENT

Hey zipp . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
You gotta go over to the "Liar". There's a thread about getting UofL off their schedule and one of their posters honored you in his post. Hehehehehehe. :p Enjoy! ;)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
SEC rules are that every team has to play 1 P5 school OOC. Who else would play UK? What football program would want to bring UK in to their stadium every other year, other than Louisville who can sell tickets for the rivalry? They are not a draw.

The SEC and ACC want this game played. It's not going anywhere.

Reactions: tluck28
Saw it, but our reasoning is different. LPT is simply ducking tough teams like they always do.

We should be dodging crap teams. We're starting to hear about schedule strength this year, and it has the potential of impacting our CFP chances. Next year, we play no good teams OOC. And that's a problem if playing for national championships is your goal.

It's more than just playing P5 schools OOC. In principle, that's to improve SOS, but it matters WHO you play among the P5. Scheduling LPT does not help us.

I think there's a chance that the SEC and ACC could arrange for a better SEC foe to play. Perhaps not the same team each year, but guarantee us home-and-home games with someone worthwhile. That won't happen in all likelihood unless we ask for it...

SEC rules are that every team has to play 1 P5 school OOC. Who else would play UK? What football program would want to bring UK in to their stadium every other year, other than Louisville who can sell tickets for the rivalry? They are not a draw.

The SEC and ACC want this game played. It's not going anywhere.
I guess they might want to bring the CATS in for one of their cream puff games. They do nothing for anyone's schedule though.

I'll also add this thought... For those still wanting to schedule LPT and anticipating that they will improve someday, that's the same psychology that we joke about and criticize in LPT fans.

And I sure can't HOPE they they will improve so that it helps our SOS. Wanting LPT to be better at anything almost sounds like a bipolar disorder in a U of L fan.

:eek:

I'll also add this thought... For those still wanting to schedule LPT and anticipating that they will improve someday, that's the same psychology that we joke about and criticize in LPT fans.

And I sure can't HOPE they they will improve so that it helps our SOS. Wanting LPT to be better at anything almost sounds like a bipolar disorder in a U of L fan.

:eek:

Maybe. But the Cards are right on the door knocking and I'm for whatever helps get in the CFP this year. Marshall is worse than Charlotte, and Houston is tanking as Herman gets ready to steal all of Charlie's girlfriends in Austin. Hell, Wake Forest is probably the toughest team left. Therefore, I hope that The Fighting Stoops' Poops are in the SEC Title Game as the representative of their division. A blowout of an SEC title game participant would help the "eye test."

You may laugh, but you know I speak the truth here. Plus, it pretty much ensure Stoops' Poops will be in play for a few more years. Can't farr a guy who went to the SEC title game.

I personally liked the auburn game. I think we would be competitive with them and they are about at the same place we are as a program. Up and down with some very good years here and there and usually participating in a bowl game. Also, can someone put me in the loop on what LPT stands for? Lexington something? Loser something?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT