ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on ACC Championship

Feb 3, 2014
Well…it’s gonna be rough.

First, we’re going up against the undisputed ACC and National Coach of the decade. Whereas, our coach was barely over .500 at Perdue. We’re just screwed in this regard.

Next, as has been widely reported, Jack Plummer is the worst QB in all of college football. Please understand that Rodemaker and/or his backup would have won the Heisman if they weren’t playing behind Jordon Travis.

Next, ALL of our players are either on crutches or will be game time decisions. Hope some guys can play both offense and defense!!

Next, Fl. State hasn’t lost a game since 1973, where we’re coming off a one game losing streak.

Lastly, we’re only in this game because we played the weakest schedule ever recorded and we beat no one who won a game all season. Whereas Fl. St. beat every team on their schedule and all of those teams won at least 11 games each!!

So…..GO CARDS!!!

Well…it’s gonna be rough.

First, we’re going up against the undisputed ACC and National Coach of the decade. Whereas, our coach was barely over .500 at Perdue. We’re just screwed in this regard.

Next, as has been widely reported, Jack Plummer is the worst QB in all of college football. Please understand that Rodemaker and/or his backup would have won the Heisman if they weren’t playing behind Jordon Travis.

Next, ALL of our players are either on crutches or will be game time decisions. Hope some guys can play both offense and defense!!

Next, Fl. State hasn’t lost a game since 1973, where we’re coming off a one game losing streak.

Lastly, we’re only in this game because we played the weakest schedule ever recorded and we beat no one who won a game all season. Whereas Fl. St. beat every team on their schedule and all of those teams won at least 11 games each!!

So…..GO CARDS!!!
Are you Kirk Herbstriet?

• Haha
Reactions: OldhamCard335
Yeah, I'm not much for arguing, rah rah, theatre, etc. But, it's not so much that he did say that, it's sort of the attitude of he and a couple of others on there. Just go out there this evening and beat FSU. Louisville will gain respect! You have to win to make folks believe in you.

Reactions: BPGhost
Yeah, I'm not much for arguing, rah rah, theatre, etc. But, it's not so much that he did say that, it's sort of the attitude of he and a couple of others on there. Just go out there this evening and beat FSU. Louisville will gain respect! You have to win to make folks believe in you.
That was said before the ND game but apparently it didn't take after the Cards won.

Herbstreit believes Louisville is a midmajor team in a power conference. He doesn't want a traditional power like FSU not having a chance to make the playoff by losing to the likes of Louisville.

You're probably right-on Mr. Real. Just listening to the pundits down our way (Nashville-area call-ins), while most agree that Coach Brohm is a good coach, is the right choice for UL and that we're in the right league most likely to have some success, they question our schedule, much better at home, etc. As I stated in another thread this morning, some of it goes with the loss last week. But, we need to play a great game this evening. Most are counting Louisville out. If we do win, it's on to the bowl game. Although, most likely the underdog again. I actually like that. imo GO Cards!

I don't focus on recruiting service rankings for individual players. But here's an interesting reference point:

Brock Glenn - RIVALS #18 pro-style QB class of 2023
Pierce Clarkson - RIVALS #2 dual threat QB class of 2023

And our freshman QB can't really get on the field playing behind Jack Plummer...

What does the schedule have to do with this game against FSU? There's no playoff on the line so why would it matter? FSU's schedule isn't all that either.

People are just not sold on the name Louisville, which is a program that every once in awhile are very good, but never at an elite status. Today, they just don't want FSU to lose to Louisville. It's obvious to me. An undefeated season and possible playoff berth can't be lost to Louisville.

The pundits who don't care about that are picking Louisville like everyone should be doing. It was hard enough with a seldom used backup QB, but a 3rd string true freshman normally would mean no chance.

What does the schedule have to do with this game against FSU? There's no playoff on the line so why would it matter? FSU's schedule isn't all that either.

People are just not sold on the name Louisville, which is a program that every once in awhile are very good, but never at an elite status. Today, they just don't want FSU to lose to Louisville. It's obvious to me. An undefeated season and possible playoff berth can't be lost to Louisville.

The pundits who don't care about that are picking Louisville like everyone should be doing. It was hard enough with a seldom used backup QB, but a 3rd string true freshman normally would mean no chance.
The QB is only one of eleven Offensive players and 1 of 22 overall starters on the field.

IMO, Way too much emphasis is being put on the 2 or 3rd string QB situation as if the other players will have no say in the matter on the field.

Media painting a narrative to drive their agenda in case of....????

Come on now. The QB is everything for most teams. What would be our chances if Clarkson or Allen had to play today? And what would they be if Travis was playing for FSU? The line would be -10 for FSU.

Then there's the timing of having to play a 3rd stringer. The conference championship game with an undefeated season on the line? Come on.

FSU is going to run, run and run some more, which is Louisville's best strength on defense. Now it's not impossible to believe FSU shuts down Louisville's offense, but it's more likely going to be the other way.

If there's lots of rain, then anything can happen with turnovers.

No other team today would still get the benefit of the doubt if they had to start a 3rd string freshman at QB. Louisville should be the favorite and I believe will be if it's announced before the game the 2nd string QB won't play.

You're correct Mr. Mayoman...I've seen many a good team lose with/without a good quarterback. Also, seen many teams rally around a misfortune of losing a QB, star player, etc. No doubt, FSU did just that recently. They have some really good athletes, play together and that's why they are undefeated. It's going to be a real challenge tonight. It could go down to the wire. Maybe, it comes down to the 'breaks' of the game, a call here/there. etc. All in all, I'm picking the Cards.

A muddy field can help the underdog. Like in “The Best of Times” with Robin Williams and Kurt Russell.

You're correct Mr. Mayoman...I've seen many a good team lose with/without a good quarterback. Also, seen many teams rally around a misfortune of losing a QB, star player, etc. No doubt, FSU did just that recently. They have some really good athletes, play together and that's why they are undefeated. It's going to be a real challenge tonight. It could go down to the wire. Maybe, it comes down to the 'breaks' of the game, a call here/there. etc. All in all, I'm picking the Cards.
I'm sure you have also seen it the other way, more often in fact. FSU's success this season was mostly due to Jordan Travis and his incredible play. Last week against a porous Florida offense who was also playing their backup QB, FSU hung on to win. It was clearly a huge difference without Travis out there.
Now it's a 3rd string true freshman. A 3 star recruit.

Now I'm as pessimistic as any Cards fan can be and wouldn't be shocked if nothing went our way in this game in a loss. That being said however, if we fans of Louisville football, now under the excellence of Coach Brohm, are not confident we will win a conference championship over a team playing a 3rd string QB, will we ever?

Louisville is going to stack the box and force the green QB to make plays. Now maybe he will make them, but there's nothing to suggest that will be the case.

I bet Rodemaker will start and the conversation will turn to should FSU be playing him. The 3rd string guy will probably play some anyway.

I like Louisville in this game. Brohm is 11 and 0 against the spread coming off a loss. Everyone laments the nagging injuries to Jordan and Thrash but it's no big deal that FSU has to play a 3rd string freshman at QB.

Louisville 23
FSU 16

Hey brother, we're/I'm not disagreeing with anyone. For one thing, I really haven't seen/read/know enough about where we stand with our injuries. The weather could be a factor. We're coming off a very disappointing loss. All of these items could play a key in the game tonight. What am I counting on? That our coaching staff is going to be able to motivate and get these guys in a good steady rhythm. Hopefully, pull a few good ones out of our passing game. Last item, if our defense can keep making stops/get a turnover or two.....then Cards should win! imo

CBJ was just flat pissed off after our last game. He probably still is. Ron English may be walking with a noticeable limp unless the ass reaming he received has healed yet.
CJB loves the big games. I’m betting he has them ready for this one.

Go Cards!

Here is what they are up to. They want you to believe UL is not that good of a football team. They are trying to create a justification for leaving FSU out of the Playoffs should they beat UL. Secretly they are hoping UL wins so that excluding FSU will be a done deal. But if FSU wins, they want to be able to say well they beat are very average UL team in the ACC Championship.
Washington, Georgia and Michigan are pretty much set. They want either OSU or Texas in the 4th spot. To get there they need to discredit an ACC Championship win by FSU.

I believe you're right. It makes sense why Herbstreit was so adamant that FSU would win. He wants a win over Louisville to be perceived as a sure thing and not such a big accomplishment. That way, it could be held against FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT