ADVERTISEMENT

Football Revenue concern

Doing the fire-Petrino math, you're also assuming those 10,000 or so people march right back thru the gates. And I think that's a questionable assumption based on recent experience.

Again, women's basketball attendance was DOWN 10% last year. Butts in the seats for baseball games last year were perceived as down significantly. Tyra budgeted basketball revenue to be down significantly this coming year with Mack on the sidelines.

You don't recoup that $12 million buyout UNLESS the revenue returns. If it doesn't, firing Petrino was a bad decision...

Football is a business pure and simple. There is a budget for the program based on a steady amount of revenue. Louisville will not fund any short fall of revenue from education money! Consequently, we have to have a cost analysis on whether its best to keep Bobby or fire him. Bottom line we can not afford to operate in the red very long. This will be how the decision has to be made. Negative cash flow will fire him.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Eastern Caribbean. Headed out from Canaveral and going to San Martten, Puerto Rico. 7 days!
Cool. We leave out of Miami Sunday as well. Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and Turks & Caicos (7 days). We'll be close by. :D

Reactions: wilkie01
Since this is our first cruise, I am wondering if leaving out of Miami is better than Orlando? The first two days of the cruise we are at sea?

I actually agree with every thing you've stated here. Nothing really wrong with Petrino or this team that some experience for Jawon Pass and Malik Cunningham won't fix. Once those guys start making the correct decisions consistently, teams will not be able to load the box and force the UofL QB to make plays, because doing so will result in their defenses getting torched. They will have to respect the deep and intermediate passing routes that our receivers are running, which will open up the running game.

It's just going to be a struggle all year, and at this point the team is only one win short of where Phil Steele's power rankings have them for this year. Contrary to what many in our fan base think, the sky is not falling at this point.

The fact that we were predicted to have a bad year and are having an even worse year by only a smaller margin over the prediction does not make things ok. The struggle this year is the the bottom of the slide that started at the end of 2016.

Also the fact that a UK fan is telling us we should be patient isn't really comforting. Its in their best interest that we continue to crash and burn.

I won't be there Friday night. Leaving for a cruise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. But rest assured, there will be UofL fans in our seats.
Congrats! I would LOVE to take a "true" cruise (the ones I have taken have been sponsored by the U.S. Navy) but Mrs. WildCard is extremely sensitive to motion sickness. She says: "You go ahead honey and I'll just fly in to each stop and meet you". That agenda does not sound economical. :D

Peace

Reactions: Mayoman
The fact that we were predicted to have a bad year and are having an even worse year by only a smaller margin over the prediction does not make things ok. The struggle this year is the the bottom of the slide that started at the end of 2016.

Also the fact that a UK fan is telling us we should be patient isn't really comforting. Its in their best interest that we continue to crash and burn.
Yea....they have been patient for what seems like a 100 years and are having one good season in my lifetime ...so far. Now they walk around giving other programs football advice. Comical stuff.

Congrats! I would LOVE to take a "true" cruise (the ones I have taken have been sponsored by the U.S. Navy) but Mrs. WildCard is extremely sensitive to motion sickness. She says: "You go ahead honey and I'll just fly in to each stop and meet you". That agenda does not sound economical. :D

Peace
Sorry about that. I'm sure your wife has been told this a hundred times, but you truly don't feel the motion of the ocean aboard these massive ships. But it would definitely be miserable to be "trapped" on a ship for 4-7 days with sickness.

Sorry about that. I'm sure your wife has been told this a hundred times, but you truly don't feel the motion of the ocean aboard these massive ships. But it would definitely be miserable to be "trapped" on a ship for 4-7 days with sickness.
The wrist bands sold to prevent motion sickness work. Trick is to put them on when you sail and leave them on until the trip is over .

They worked well for my wife until she took them off to swim. Big mistake . Then got sick as a dog and had to go to infirmary ,

Peace
Maybe we can send Bobby on a year long cruise, or offer him unlimited cruises in lieu of a buyout. Just trying to link the two very separate threads here.

We go on 1 or 2 cruises per year. Love going on them. However I got food poisoning on the last cruise we went on. It was a last minute deal so we didn’t have a balcony room. Being sick in that closed in room was one of the most miserable 48 hours of my life.

Bottom line....if people stop showing up Petrino will be fired. I dont care how Zipp spins it.
It's about money, not just people showing up (or not).

Keep in mind that Fanboy budgeted for an 18% decline in ticket revenue BEFORE the season started...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT