ADVERTISEMENT

FB 2022 Super-Early Sagarin Point Differences

Guardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Louisville
This is as valid as any other weird projection scheme you'll hear about. It basically says the Cards play next season's schedule using today's Cards team as it is vs today's opponents as they are. I just took today's 2021 final regular season Sagarin ratings and applied them to the 2022 season schedule.

For the record I think Scott Satterfield remains the Cards coach in 2022. Every game on the schedule will have some sort of "storyline" connected to it. I suspect Cardinal Stadium attendance may be down more than any season since 2009 (Kragthorpe). I just hope some donors will appear who will prop up revenue for another season. I think the incoming AD will implement changes that will try to boost ticket sales and donations. The new AD with need a revolutionary approach ... including some changes at CAF.

I pray the Cards do really well in 2022. A 9-Win regular season would be fantastic. Hopefully including a win over Kentucky and followed by a better Bowl game that the Cards win. I hope the Cards get better defensive play. The Offense returns a lot and should be a little better. I hope that situational play-calling improves....Offense and Defense. And I hope TO's continue to be low and that the Cards reduce 4th Quarter meltdowns. And maybe we can see a "future" QB other than Cunningham take some significant snaps.

The schedule follows. A 2022 Projection is shown (using today's 2021 final regular season Sagarin ratings ...except for Army/Navy game). The projection includes the field advantage adjustment. This projection effectively becomes a starting point for subsequently factoring in Louisville and Opponent changes :

(coaching/player personnel changes by any opponent are not factored in)

@ UCF (Sept 17) ..................... W 1.00 points
vs USF (Sept 24) ................... W 19.33 points

vs Florida State (no date) ...... W 3.95 points
vs NC State (no date) ............. L 6.50 points
vs Wake Forest (no date) ........ L 4.27 points
vs Pittsburgh (no date) ........... L 8.55 points
@ Boston College (no date) ... W 3.08 points
@ Clemson (no date) ............ L 13.00 points
@ Syracuse (no date) ............. W 4.47 points
@ Virginia (no date) ............... W 0.17 points
vs James Madison (Nov 5) .... W 6.14 points
@ Kentucky (Nov 26) ........... L 7.81 points