ADVERTISEMENT

Common sense read from Crawford.

I didn’t say that. Get rid of the people who delivered the mess that INCLUDED Kenny Payne. That will take care of the men’s head coaching position…
But how long would that take? It couldn't be done in a couple of weeks for sure. I'm saying Payne needs to be fired at the end of this season no matter what and no matter who is in charge.

The historic damage he's doing and has done over the last two seasons simply can't wait until the people you want gone are gone.

But how long would that take? It couldn't be done in a couple of weeks for sure. I'm saying Payne needs to be fired at the end of this season no matter what and no matter who is in charge.

The historic damage he's doing and has done over the last two seasons simply can't wait until the people you want gone are gone.
Amen

I didn’t say that. Get rid of the people who delivered the mess that INCLUDED Kenny Payne. That will take care of the men’s head coaching position…
So (including your previous statements) if I understand you correctly, you want a new board, new president and all the top administrators in the athletics department fired because they’re all terrible and part of the clown show.

Of course new (non-clowns) will need to be hired in their place and that will likely cost the university more money - that you say they don’t have - than what the financial commitment is currently.

What makes your post entirely disingenuous, is that those positions have turned over since your heroes got themselves canned and, you still refer to the new group as the clown show.

That behavior won’t change unless your wet dream of Jurich being rehired occurs. And that ain’t ever happening but even if it did, there’s no guarantee that Jurich hires the right person to be the next basketball HC.

I’m ever convinced that you don’t want solutions - you only want things to bitch about.

#sad

How long does doing the right thing take? That’s your question.

Instead of prepping to offload Payne, we should have been prepping for the people who hired him. My guess is they don’t have big buyouts. And we didn’t need to wait until season’s end.

Once again, bad decision making on our part…

Instead of prepping to offload Payne, we should have been prepping for the people who hired him. My guess is they don’t have big buyouts. And we didn’t need to wait until season’s end.

You’ve said over and over that UofL “can’t” spend money that they don’t have and now - you’re advocating buying out administrators?

Yeah - keep it moving folks - no agenda to see here. 😂😂😂

So (including your previous statements) if I understand you correctly, you want a new board, new president and all the top administrators in the athletics department fired because they’re all terrible and part of the clown show.

Of course new (non-clowns) will need to be hired in their place and that will likely cost the university more money - that you say they don’t have - than what the financial commitment is currently.

What makes your post entirely disingenuous, is that those positions have turned over since your heroes got themselves canned and, you still refer to the new group as the clown show.

That behavior won’t change unless your wet dream of Jurich being rehired occurs. And that ain’t ever happening but even if it did, there’s no guarantee that Jurich hires the right person to be the next basketball HC.

I’m ever convinced that you don’t want solutions - you only want things to bitch about.

#sad
Whatever is necessary is what you do.

As I said elsewhere the last 24 hours, if someone like Kim $hitshow can raise her game, maybe she hangs onto her job. No one knows what she can do…all I’ve seen is her “L’s Up” nonsense.

Turning over people doesn’t change the culture. I like to say “clowns beget clowns.” When has one of them said anything in the way of an apology, admitted a mistake, or acknowledged we have had unqualified people making bad decisions? If that’s happened, I missed it.

Changing an AD is little more than changing a coach. This operation needs a fundamental “we f__ed up” to convince most people they’re serious. Until then, we’re just going through the motions…

You’ve said over and over that UofL “can’t” spend money that they don’t have and now - you’re advocating buying out administrators?

Yeah - keep it moving folks - no agenda to see here. 😂😂😂
There’s minimal buyouts compared to ONE buyout like Payne’s. Bad math on your part…

Whatever is necessary is what you do.

As I said elsewhere the last 24 hours, if someone like Kim $hitshow can raise her game, maybe she hangs onto her job. No one knows what she can do…all I’ve seen is her “L’s Up” nonsense.

Turning over people doesn’t change the culture. I like to say “clowns beget clowns.” When has one of them said anything in the way of an apology, admitted a mistake, or acknowledged we have had unqualified people making bad decisions? If that’s happened, I missed it.

Changing an AD is little more than changing a coach. This operation needs a fundamental “we f__ed up” to convince most people they’re serious. Until then, we’re just going through the motions…
At the risk of yet again wasting my time an effort - it seems clear that the leadership of UofL sees things differently than you do. Do you make room for the possibility that given they are: 1. in a firsthand (vs. at best third hand) position when it comes to these situations and, 2. are actually experienced and qualified in this field - as opposed to your qualifications - that they know more and better than you do?

And if I understand you correctly, Schatzel and Heird should each respectively make a public statement that UofL “f_ed up” when they hired Benapudi and Tyra? Who exactly - besides you - would that help?

I guess based upon that logic, Tyra and Mack should have made similar pronouncements about their predecessors.

“No money” is no money. Bad logic on your part…
Oh no, not with money. That’s all about actual numbers.

You can buy out the senior administrative staff at U of L for half of Payne’s six million. And with far reaching results.

Of course, those people don’t want you thinking about that…

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I want Payne fired at the end of the season no matter what and you've stated your reasons for wanting to keep him.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
At the risk of yet again wasting my time an effort - it seems clear that the leadership of UofL sees things differently than you do. Do you make room for the possibility that given they are: 1. in a firsthand (vs. at best third hand) position when it comes to these situations and, 2. are actually experienced and qualified in this field - as opposed to your qualifications - that they know more and better than you do?

And if I understand you correctly, Schatzel and Heird should each respectively make a public statement that UofL “f_ed up” when they hired Benapudi and Tyra? Who exactly - besides you - would that help?

I guess based upon that logic, Tyra and Mack should have made similar pronouncements about their predecessors.
I know plenty of people who now think U of L is fundamentally flawed. That’s what seven years of a $hitshow does. And it’s why people have left, not to return.

As far as what an admission accomplishes, why is that the beginning of a 12-step program? It’s letting everyone know you’ve correctly identified the problem. You’re not making excuses or chasing down a rabbit hole.

Tyra and Mack didn’t follow disasters. You don’t need to make that statement when culture ain’t the problem. In fact, that’s the culture people want back…

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I want Payne fired at the end of the season no matter what and you've stated your reasons for wanting to keep him.
Correct. We both want good basketball. After this many misfires in athletics, I want to start addressing the right problems…

Oh no, not with money. That’s all about actual numbers.

You can buy out the senior administrative staff at U of L for half of Payne’s six million. And with far reaching results.

Of course, those people don’t want you thinking about that…
IIRC, these top jobs have already turned over - with no buyouts. And yet, you still refer to them with the same derision as their predecessors.

Let me hazard a guess as to why. The first group is easy - they replaced your heroes. This group - particularly Heird - gets the same treatment because UofL hired him over the lobbying to rehire your hero Jurich. Rather than process these decisions in an adult manner - given that they shouldn’t have any direct impact on your life - you’ve chosen the alternate path - to continue to lash out.

But back to the money. You’re advocating spending 3M to sack all of them and, hire who exactly? (It would be so telling if you answered that question honestly). Who exactly would do the hiring - aren’t all of them part of the clown show and don’t “clowns beget clowns”?

It makes sense that “those people” wouldn’t want others thinking about that.

Because it’s an inane position.

IIRC, these top jobs have already turned over - with no buyouts. And yet, you still refer to them with the same derision as their predecessors.

Let me hazard a guess as to why. The first group is easy - they replaced your heroes. This group - particularly Heird - gets the same treatment because UofL hired him over the lobbying to rehire your hero Jurich. Rather than process these decisions in an adult manner - given that they shouldn’t have any direct impact on your life - you’ve chosen the alternate path - to continue to lash out.

But back to the money. You’re advocating spending 3M to sack all of them and, hire who exactly? (It would be so telling if you answered that question honestly). Who exactly would do the hiring - aren’t all of them part of the clown show and don’t “clowns beget clowns”?

It makes sense that “those people” wouldn’t want others thinking about that.

Because it’s an inane position.
Even better if no buyouts are needed, as you suggest. We can quickly clean house.

As far as replacements, let’s start with criteria everyone can agree with. Longtime U of L connections, and the removal of any slapd!cks. Stack the BoT with those people.

I’d also go back to people in the old regime, people who had profitable connections in the community.

Need to also publicly start an effort to reconnect with former people that we’ve tried hard to disgrace. Every time that’s happened, we’ve lost money and supporters…

I know plenty of people who now think U of L is fundamentally flawed. That’s what seven years of a $hitshow does. And it’s why people have left, not to return.

As far as what an admission accomplishes, why is that the beginning of a 12-step program? It’s letting everyone know you’ve correctly identified the problem. You’re not making excuses or chasing down a rabbit hole.

Tyra and Mack didn’t follow disasters. You don’t need to make that statement when culture ain’t the problem. In fact, that’s the culture people want back…
For all of the personal conversations you’ve urged others to have - it would be interesting to have one with those people you claim think UofL is fundamentally flawed. Do they really think that or - and I’m just spitballing here - are they (like most here) just simply sick of hearing you bitch and moan ad nauseam?

And now you’re advocating they run the PR for the university like AA? 😂😂😂

Mack absolutely followed a disaster - and I say that as an admirer of pitino’s coaching ability. While I would not say the same about Jurich - he certainly can be blamed for letting his ego get in the way of the responsibilities that he was paid millions to adhere to. Had he acted more responsibly, much of the last seven years could have been averted.

Even better if no buyouts are needed, as you suggest. We can quickly clean house.

As far as replacements, let’s start with criteria everyone can agree with. Longtime U of L connections, and the removal of any slapd!cks. Stack the BoT with those people.

I’d also go back to people in the old regime, people who had profitable connections in the community.

Need to also publicly start an effort to reconnect with former people that we’ve tried hard to disgrace. Every time that’s happened, we’ve lost money and supporters…
I didn’t say buyouts weren’t needed, I said the previous president and AD moved on of their own accord thus eliminating any need for a buyout.

I have no problem starting to reconnect with former employees - for it to be meaningful, those folks would need to acknowledge that - in the context of what got them fired - they disgraced themselves.

undefined
And for what reason do we fire the current administration? You hate them, but what specifically have they done wrong, and what proof do you have of any actual wrongdoing?

Crum was the athletic department during his prime years or when I played baseball at Louisville. The basketball program supported the entire athletic department. There is a reason his name is on the court not any AD. In revenue sports the coach fuel the investments.

Early signs in football are Brohm is going to make it more and more competitive. It will fuel more $$$. There is no denying hiring the right guy solves the majority of problems. That is why I think money isn’t going to be the issue if a Drew or Wright kind of coach is truly interested. Wright isn’t coming just saying if he was interested paying him 6M would be doable.

I think where this gets dicey is outside of Drew, Oats, Beard and Hurley there aren’t any guys worth 5m-6m. All those guys are a long shot for a variety of reasons. Beard or Muss to me are no brainers they aren’t going to the tournament. I doubt either happen.

That leaves you in the world of 2m-3m coaches that on paper aren’t going to blow anyone away. They can’t touch Wade but then again why not? Are his sins equal to Sampson text message? You can’t throw 17m to buyout Cronin if his buyout is negotiated out due to contract language then he is viable. Not sure he is a fit.

That is the reality of this search. It will probably end up with a coach on the rise that on paper doesn’t look like he should get the Louisville job. That doesn’t mean the Administration failed it is more a sign of the current environment.

Look guys, it's at the point that it doesn't matter what zipp posts, you're going to attack him. It's already been settled in your minds.

Threads are being hijacked to attack zipp and nothing changes. Neither party is going to change and it's become such a yawn, I skip reading a thread once I see it's back on the anti zipp train.

Personally, I see some merit from both sides, which is normally the case with message boards, but I don't see any reason for zipp to be attacked just for the sake of posting contrarion views. We got it. You guys don't like the man. Let it go already or take your advice and use the ignore option.

Look guys, it's at the point that it doesn't matter what zipp posts, you're going to attack him. It's already been settled in your minds.

Threads are being hijacked to attack zipp and nothing changes. Neither party is going to change and it's become such a yawn, I skip reading a thread once I see it's back on the anti zipp train.

Personally, I see some merit from both sides, which is normally the case with message boards, but I don't see any reason for zipp to be attacked just for the sake of posting contrarion views. We got it. You guys don't like the man. Let it go already or take your advice and use the ignore option.
No offense, but it's all flying over your head. Literally all of it. People don't "attack" him for the reasons you seem to think.

You are defending a troll and giving instructions to community members that are pushing back on a troll.

I'm not going to ignore him. Maybe take your own advice and just ignore all the posters you are instructing to ignore him.

If this is too many people to ignore, then maybe the root cause of your problem is actually the troll, and not the people responding to him. Could be.

I also am not trying to offend you but, I also think your post is off base in several ways.

1. zipp isn't attacked but, several posters (myself included) are tired of his UofL hating agenda nonsense that he has been posting for years.

2. Threads are being hijacked - but by zipp. Look no further than this thread as evidence of that. I created this thread and it made no mention of zipp or his agenda in any way. He decided to post on this thread - not about the topic at hand - but again with the same tired rhetoric that had nothing to do with this topic. That's trying to hijack a thread.

3. Posters have made it clear to zipp that they are tired of the same old shit from him in every thread. Just as he is free to post what he'd like, others are free to not only disagree but, let him know that they're sick of it. The problem is - people know exactly what the threads that he creates are about and they get no traffic. Given that he is such an attention whore, when he can't get his threads responded to, he simply posts off topic on other threads. It's exactly what he did in this thread and it's a complete troll maneuver - designed specifically to piss people off. He knows exactly what he is doing and, that he is doing it but, does it anyway so that he feels paid attention to. He's rightly being called out on this behavior - including by the mods.

4. Again no disrespect intended but, I would suggest that you take your own advice and either continue to disregard threads that don't resonate with you or, feel free to use the ignore option. I sincerely doubt that this scenario will ever occur given that zipp has proven time and again that he doesn't understand sports well enough to carry on a conversation about them - but, when and if he ever decides to join the forum to discuss sports - this back and forth will cease.

I also am not trying to offend you but, I also think your post is off base in several ways.

1. zipp isn't attacked but, several posters (myself included) are tired of his UofL hating agenda nonsense that he has been posting for years.

2. Threads are being hijacked - but by zipp. Look no further than this thread as evidence of that. I created this thread and it made no mention of zipp or his agenda in any way. He decided to post on this thread - not about the topic at hand - but again with the same tired rhetoric that had nothing to do with this topic. That's trying to hijack a thread.

3. Posters have made it clear to zipp that they are tired of the same old shit from him in every thread. Just as he is free to post what he'd like, others are free to not only disagree but, let him know that they're sick of it. The problem is - people know exactly what the threads that he creates are about and they get no traffic. Given that he is such an attention whore, when he can't get his threads responded to, he simply posts off topic on other threads. It's exactly what he did in this thread and it's a complete troll maneuver - designed specifically to piss people off. He knows exactly what he is doing and, that he is doing it but, does it anyway so that he feels paid attention to. He's rightly being called out on this behavior - including by the mods.

4. Again no disrespect intended but, I would suggest that you take your own advice and either continue to disregard threads that don't resonate with you or, feel free to use the ignore option. I sincerely doubt that this scenario will ever occur given that zipp has proven time and again that he doesn't understand sports well enough to carry on a conversation about them - but, when and if he ever decides to join the forum to discuss sports - this back and forth will cease.
Dude is saying either ignore Zipp or agree with him. Or show him respect he doesn't deserve.

Strike 3, he's out.

I don't think you'll ever get everyone on the same page with this. It's funny that you're trying to reason with people who are victims of this continuous trolling while not reasoning with Zipp, who is obviously the real problem. Steelers said "just ignore the troll". That would work if EVERYONE did it. But it just doesn't work in the real world.

The mods can't do much about this, either. The site ownership is not letting the mods eliminate the source of the trolling, for whatever reason. The mods are good guys but their hands are tied. PHCard left the site because she tried to get rid of the troll and the site owner let the troll continue. What are the mods going to do, ban half the posters on the board who are fighting back against trolling? Reprimand those other posters publicly so that they get angry and leave?

It's at the point where it just has to run its course unless ownership steps in to fix it. The only real solutions I see to this is to either ban the troll, which the site ownership is against, or kick off half the posters on a board that really doesn't have much traffic.

I'll close with this:

Maybe you should apply to the Curious Urinal so you can have your opinion piece disliked by more than just us on the board but the city at large. I'm sure after repeating the same drivel over and over again you can sink that rag once and for all and then maybe get hired by wdrb so you can explain to Crawford where he went wrong.
How do you know the CJ’s circulation outnumbers the posters on this board?

Reactions: UofLouisville
No offense, but it's all flying over your head. Literally all of it. People don't "attack" him for the reasons you seem to think.

You are defending a troll and giving instructions to community members that are pushing back on a troll.

I'm not going to ignore him. Maybe take your own advice and just ignore all the posters you are instructing to ignore him.

If this is too many people to ignore, then maybe the root cause of your problem is actually the troll, and not the people responding to him. Could be.
See, your response is a perfect example of what I was saying. Pretty soon, you will call me a troll. Nothing is over my head and I'm not defending zipp, other than the bore of the constant bickering on every one of his posts.

I don't know the man, don't know if he's anti UofL, but what I do know is once he posts a opinion, whatever thread it is, it soon turns into a bickering match and everyone else who joined the thread has to leave to get away from it.

Seems to me if he is this massive, obvious troll and UofL hater he wouldn't still be here for over a decade. How hard would it be to ban and remove such a negative influencer?

Anyway. I'm not trying to defend anyone's opinion or argument of the topics that are in these threads. I'm just tired of seeing the Hatfield's and the McCoy's every single day.

See, your response is a perfect example of what I was saying. Pretty soon, you will call me a troll. Nothing is over my head and I'm not defending zipp, other than the bore of the constant bickering on every one of his posts.

I don't know the man, don't know if he's anti UofL, but what I do know is once he posts a opinion, whatever thread it is, it soon turns into a bickering match and everyone else who joined the thread has to leave to get away from it.

Seems to me if he is this massive, obvious troll and UofL hater he wouldn't still be here for over a decade. How hard would it be to ban and remove such a negative influencer?

Anyway. I'm not trying to defend anyone's opinion or argument of the topics that are in these threads. I'm just tired of seeing the Hatfield's and the McCoy's every single day.

This response of yours proves you don't get it. I'm never going to call you a troll. You aren't trolling. You're a nice poster but you are trying to boss people around and control the environment. That doesn't make you a troll, it just makes you unable to deal with your problem in the correct way.

You are taking your complaints to the wrong place, which could be insulting if I felt like taking any of this seriously.

As stated previously to you by me and a few others, your complaint should be steered to your root cause - the troll. If you don't care to engage him, go to a mod. If you'd rather not take those steps, then take your own advice and ignore people that are annoying you.

Nobody is tagging him, people are responding to his posts. No offense, but who are you to tell people who they can and can't respond to? That's just not American.

Reactions: BPGhost
Well, take a look at Dan and Steelers posts in this thread:

According to Steelers, he's banned the troll multiple times, only to see the ban lifted by someone above his rank. Dan confirms the troll has been banned. And in another recent thread, Shadow stated PHCard left the site because her ban was lifted.

I know this doesn't matter, you want what you want. The only way I see anything changing for the better is if the mods somehow convince management to ban this troll, or else the people fighting back against the troll's agenda are run off. Otherwise, the troll will continue to post what it wants, and people will continue to comment on it if they choose.

undefined
And for what reason do we fire the current administration? You hate them, but what specifically have they done wrong, and what proof do you have of any actual wrongdoing?
Well, they've burned through $50 million and can't balance a budget, just for starters. Isn't that managerial accountability?...

My translation:

"Everyone else is the problem, not me and couple of my best buds..."

...2. Threads are being hijacked - but by zipp. Look no further than this thread as evidence of that. I created this thread and it made no mention of zipp or his agenda in any way. He decided to post on this thread - not about the topic at hand - but again with the same tired rhetoric that had nothing to do with this topic. That's trying to hijack a thread...
You posted on what Eric Crawford said.

As did I.

The difference was you didn't like what I said. Smart people can see that...

There is only one everyone else. And everyone and the other posters, moderators and the owner of the site know that.

Reactions: BPGhost
I don't think you'll ever get everyone on the same page with this. It's funny that you're trying to reason with people who are victims of this continuous trolling while not reasoning with Zipp, who is obviously the real problem. Steelers said "just ignore the troll". That would work if EVERYONE did it. But it just doesn't work in the real world...
That's nonsense. It "doesn't work" simply because a few people can't ignore 'zipp.' Better for them to beat their heads against the wall trying to stifle free speech.

God Bless the USA...

There is no evidence that KP would be a better coach or the team more successful if the athletic department was in better shape financially. I know you don’t like this fact, but dollars follow winning, and flee losing.
Why does a company fire its CEO when problems are systemic? Why not fire all of the employees?...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT