ADVERTISEMENT

Common sense read from Crawford.

“My mom better not have put them in the dryer and shrunk them again! MOM!!”
"Any article that discusses how bad Ken Payne is really is just unoriginal. Now please excuse me I am about to make a graph with a couple of plots on it and tell you why I miss my heroes. #thisisdifferent

While you are waiting for it, here is a link to one of the thousands I've previously posted"

"And remember, ignore is your friend."

-- Trashcan of Entertainment

#concerned

I appreciate the feedback and for validating my general belief which is hire the right coach things we turn around.

Jeff Waltz has credibility. He went out of his way to thank the administration for their support and how well they run the basketball operation.

Dan has recently came out to say funding for the program is improving. They just opened up the Henry Davis locker room.

Brohm has down a wonderful job in the portal.

The bottom line is the infrastructure and NIL are in place to bring basketball back. It only takes a good coach to bring it back. That is it. Make the right hire game on.

You nor I have enough data to accurately predict how this will go down. They didn’t need a miraculous event for Brohm to come here and they won’t need one for basketball.
Agree. The first step to righting the ship is firing Payne. He's taken the program to all new below rock bottom levels and needs to go. We already know what we're getting with Payne and that road leads to certain doom.

A good coach can bring the Cards back in his first season.

Reactions: rh62531 and BPGhost
Agree. The first step to righting the ship is firing Payne. He's taken the program to all new below rock bottom levels and needs to go. We already know what we're getting with Payne and that road leads to certain doom.

A good coach can bring the Cards back in his first season.
The first step in fixing any problem is identifying it. Problem Solving 101.

You're jumping a step or two ahead...

I appreciate the feedback and for validating my general belief which is hire the right coach things we turn around.

Jeff Waltz has credibility. He went out of his way to thank the administration for their support and how well they run the basketball operation.

Dan has recently came out to say funding for the program is improving. They just opened up the Henry Davis locker room.

Brohm has down a wonderful job in the portal.

The bottom line is the infrastructure and NIL are in place to bring basketball back. It only takes a good coach to bring it back. That is it. Make the right hire game on.

You nor I have enough data to accurately predict how this will go down. They didn’t need a miraculous event for Brohm to come here and they won’t need one for basketball.
Jeff Walz said recently that his program and volleyball could use a small on/near-campus arena that they can fill and attract students. Where do you think the money would come from for that?

McDonnell was publicly promised a $10 million facility off of the 2019 CWS. Where's that money? And the team has been struggling of late.

We don't know quantitatively how well U of L does with NIL. Walz just said this week that he has HALF of the money his program needs to match the best teams in the country. And he beats the NIL drum pretty hard.

I can't believe you don't really think the sequence of events to land Brohm was anything short of "miraculous". But I guess we'll find out how well this management group can repeat that...

Tell me your first step then?
As I said, the first step is identifying the problem. You’re saying the basketball coach is.

So far, this department has hired two basketball coaches and two football coaches. The one to pan out (so far) was a made-for-Louisville hire.

Not to mention other coaches here that have left or failed.

At what point do you stop blaming coaches?..,

As I said, the first step is identifying the problem. You’re saying the basketball coach is.

So far, this department has hired two basketball coaches and two football coaches. The one to pan out (so far) was a made-for-Louisville hire.

Tyra hired Mack and Satt and neither worked out. Tyra is gone.

Josh hired Payne who is an abysmal failure but also hired Brohm who has so far been successful.

Spell it out exactly for me what you're saying here. You want to fire Josh?

Josh hired Payne who is an abysmal failure but also hired Brohm who has so far been successful.

You might think you are cornering him like a rat, but you will find out, that's not how this works when communicating with a bad faith troll. Good luck.

When they win.

Jeff Walz said recently that his program and volleyball could use a small on/near-campus arena that they can fill and attract students. Where do you think the money would come from for that?

McDonnell was publicly promised a $10 million facility off of the 2019 CWS. Where's that money? And the team has been struggling of late.

We don't know quantitatively how well U of L does with NIL. Walz just said this week that he has HALF of the money his program needs to match the best teams in the country. And he beats the NIL drum pretty hard.

I can't believe you don't really think the sequence of events to land Brohm was anything short of "miraculous". But I guess we'll find out how well this management group can repeat that...
Explain the finances behind an offsite arena for non revenue sports? Why even bring that up? Now if we are talking bring the men over too then you could absolutely make that happen.

Last I checked Waltz is doing just fine in recruiting. Nice try though.

Please show me specifically how baseball recruiting has been impacted by $$$. It isn’t in their rankings.

Again you provided zero solutions.

Reactions: BPGhost

The AD and athletics department perform due diligence when attempting to vet HC candidates. They hire who they feel will have the best opportunity at success and in the case of revenue sports - pay them millions of dollars to effectively be the CEO’s of their respective programs. They provide institutional and logistical support so that these HC’s are freed up to recruit student-athletes that they believe will be individually successful and, will help the program become or remain successful.

They are not coaches - they are administrators. Once the HC is hired, it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to run a successful program - with that success being measured in multiple ways. Wins and losses are one of those metrics.

So given all that, if a HC is unsuccessful in running the program that they’re being paid millions of dollars to run - at what point do YOU stop blaming the administrators?

Reactions: TPACardsFan

I don’t believe Heird has hired anyone yet of significance. Maybe that someday happens.

At this time, U of L—the organization—is making athletic department decisions like hiring and firing million dollar coaches. As I said, one of those coaches was an effortless hire that anyone could have made.

That organization as we all know has been and continues to be a million dollar fiasco. Sure, bad coaches contribute to that, coaches who didn’t hire themselves. And many coaches who had been successful here and elsewhere.

The head of the beast is where the problem is. Not a finger or toe…

Explain the finances behind an offsite arena for non revenue sports? Why even bring that up? Now if we are talking bring the men over too then you could absolutely make that happen.

Last I checked Waltz is doing just fine in recruiting. Nice try though.

Please show me specifically how baseball recruiting has been impacted by $$$. It isn’t in their rankings.

Again you provided zero solutions.
Walz believes his department/sport brings in revenue that the accounting doesn’t recognize. I think he’s right about that esp. when I look at U of L’s situation and the national popularity of women’s basketball. I’d enjoy hearing him answer your question.

Has nothing to do with recruiting. Has to do with winning games. Again, I’d enjoy hearing him address “fine in recruiting.”

If you wanna have any hope of keeping DBK here, you’d best look forward at your “nonrevenue” sports like an AD awhile back used to.

Lack of money often drives bad decisions and strategy.

Also ask McDonnell privately how he sees his situation.

It’s not my job to provide solutions to a problem seven years in the making that too many fans still choose to ignore. It would be a big first step to just agree what the problem is…

The AD and athletics department perform due diligence when attempting to vet HC candidates. They hire who they feel will have the best opportunity at success and in the case of revenue sports - pay them millions of dollars to effectively be the CEO’s of their respective programs. They provide institutional and logistical support so that these HC’s are freed up to recruit student-athletes that they believe will be individually successful and, will help the program become or remain successful.

They are not coaches - they are administrators. Once the HC is hired, it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to run a successful program - with that success being measured in multiple ways. Wins and losses are one of those metrics.

So given all that, if a HC is unsuccessful in running the program that they’re being paid millions of dollars to run - at what point do YOU stop blaming the administrators?
Like any major operation, the buck stops with the guys at the top. How many CEOs blame their employees and get to keep their jobs?

The flagship program in this athletic department is and has been in decline for years. The state of the operations’ finances are now documented by journalists. Money and fan support have evaporated.

It’s time to recognize the real problem…

I don’t believe Heird has hired anyone yet of significance. Maybe that someday happens.

At this time, U of L—the organization—is making athletic department decisions like hiring and firing million dollar coaches. As I said, one of those coaches was an effortless hire that anyone could have made.

That organization as we all know has been and continues to be a million dollar fiasco. Sure, bad coaches contribute to that, coaches who didn’t hire themselves. And many coaches who had been successful here and elsewhere.

The head of the beast is where the problem is. Not a finger or toe…
You want UofL president Kim Schatzel fired.

You want UofL president Kim Schatzel fired.
Ideally a Board with any credibility takes the reins. Probably under a Chair willing to admit organizational mistakes and throw people under the bus.

If Kim $hitshow wants to step up her game, there’s no reason she can’t lead the parade. That’s her decision…

Like any major operation, the buck stops with the guys at the top. How many CEOs blame their employees and get to keep their jobs?

The flagship program in this athletic department is and has been in decline for years. The state of the operations’ finances are now documented by journalists. Money and fan support have evaporated.

It’s time to recognize the real problem…
That is a complete mischaracterization of the way athletics operates. Those HC’s - particularly in the revenue sports - operate as essentially the CEO’s of those programs. The AD is essentially the COB of athletics. It really doesn’t matter how you characterize it - whether coaches are CEO’s or merely division heads - those individuals get fired left and right by organizations if their area consistently underperforms to the expectations that are set.

And, the flagship program’s decline was initiated specifically by the guy who’ve chosen to be your avatar - and aided by Jurich’s decision to forgo his fiduciary responsibility to his employer. Those facts aren’t in dispute.

Ideally a Board with any credibility takes the reins. Probably under a Chair willing to admit organizational mistakes and throw people under the bus.

If Kim $hitshow wants to step up her game, there’s no reason she can’t lead the parade. That’s her decision…
Even if all that happened, Payne would still be a horrible coach and would still need to be fired.

So I'd rather he be fired at the end of this season rather than waiting 2 or 3 more years.

Walz believes his department/sport brings in revenue that the accounting doesn’t recognize. I think he’s right about that esp. when I look at U of L’s situation and the national popularity of women’s basketball. I’d enjoy hearing him answer your question.
Walz can think what he’s like but the facts are that - despite its relative popularity - UofL women’s basketball does not and has not produced net revenue. His entire argument gets into the weeds talking about how he believes that women’s basketball isn’t promoted by TV / media to the extent that he believes it should be. I’m not shitting on him or the women’s basketball team but if you want to know why they average the attendance numbers they do - look no further than the prices of the tickets. Raise those prices to something comparable to the men’s games and they would be lucky to average half of what they do.

If you wanna have any hope of keeping DBK here, you’d best look forward at your “nonrevenue” sports like an AD awhile back used to.
Here is a direct quote from her about 15 months ago.

“They’ll (the AD & athletics department) help us be successful, they'll work to find a way to, to get me that, whatever it may be, whether it's charter flights or more money for recruiting,” Busboom Kelly said. “But I do know that there is more that could be done and there's other programs that do have more than we do, but I guess overall, I feel very well supported.”

Sure doesn’t square with your take but, that’s no surprise - even to you.

Also ask McDonnell privately how he sees his situation.
I don’t have to and if you’re suggesting that you have - that sound you hear is me and the rest of the board laughing in your face.

McDonnell had opportunities this past year to take HC positions with sec schools - you know, the schools that UofL couldn’t think about competing with for a basketball HC - and went nowhere. Id say his actions carry more weight than your butthurt opinion.

It’s not my job to provide solutions to a problem seven years in the making that too many fans still choose to ignore. It would be a big first step to just agree what the problem is…
Do you even have a job? If you’re the only one that sees the 6’ rabbit - is it because others are ignoring it?

There is complete agreement on what the problem is - at least in this space.

It’s you…

#trashcanofentertainment

Do you even have a job? If you’re the only one that sees the 6’ rabbit - is it because others are ignoring it?

There is complete agreement on what the problem is - at least in this space.

It’s you…

#trashcanofentertainment
Damn. You just hatin' bwhahahaha

Even if all that happened, Payne would still be a horrible coach and would still need to be fired.

So I'd rather he be fired at the end of this season rather than waiting 2 or 3 more years.
I’ve never said Payne deserves to keep his job. He never deserved it in the first place.

He also didn’t hire himself, and he’s not keeping himself employed. Who’s made those decisions?

You let management hire its own employees. That’s NEW in both instances. And you make those changes in the right order….

I’ve never said Payne deserves to keep his job. He never deserved it in the first place.

He also didn’t hire himself, and he’s not keeping himself employed. Who’s made those decisions?

You let management hire its own employees. That’s NEW in both instances. And you make those changes in the right order….
Doing what you want done would allow Payne's time here to drag on for who knows how long.

Payne is so historically terrible that it really can't wait for that. He needs to be gone after the last game of this season no matter what.

Doing what you want done would allow Payne's time here to drag on for who knows how long.

Payne is so historically terrible that it really can't wait for that. He needs to be gone after the last game of this season no matter what.
But the right hire could turn the basketball program around, then what? People going to games again, businesses thriving again around the Yum, wallets opening for the program? Does that mean the administration still needs to go? I don't know. Sounds like kp needs to stay so we can rally for new management.

BP did a really good job of explaining the responsibility of the coach that is being paid millions of dollars to run their operation. If the operation fails it is on the coach.

Good example Baylor built a new basketball facility because of Scott Drew’s success not their AD.

The oversimplification is it isn’t easy to find the right fit. The fact still remains the right coach turns this around. Any AD is judged by the hires they make in the revenue sports.

So you want the next coach to be inherited by new management? You realize that won’t be what THEY want. A manager always wants to hire his own employees…

But the right hire could turn the basketball program around, then what? People going to games again, businesses thriving again around the Yum, wallets opening for the program? Does that mean the administration still needs to go? I don't know. Sounds like kp needs to stay so we can rally for new management.
No you need to fix all of the stuff wrong with athletics including men’s basketball. You’d have to hire the next Pitino doing that backwards.

And are you expecting Heird to find and hire the next Pitino? I’m not…

So you want the next coach to be inherited by new management? You realize that won’t be what THEY want. A manager always wants to hire his own employees…
So far it sounds like you're saying "Payne is a terrible coach, doesn't deserve this job and needs to be fired but......we gotta keep him for a few more years instead of firing him asap because I dont like the administration."

So far it sounds like you're saying "Payne is a terrible coach, doesn't deserve this job and needs to be fired but......we gotta keep him for a few more years instead of firing him asap because I dont like the administration."
I didn’t say that. Get rid of the people who delivered the mess that INCLUDED Kenny Payne. That will take care of the men’s head coaching position…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT