ADVERTISEMENT

Common sense read from Crawford.

This part here is so true:

(And I know, there are some who will reference the mess Payne took over. But listen, whatever mess was or wasn't here, it has nothing to do with losing the opponent's best three-point shooter every trip down, every game. Nothing. I don't care how many guys had sex on their recruiting visits 10 years ago, it has no bearing on the ability to run the court in the here and now.)

He is good and yes I guarantee reporters use social media as part of their research.

This part here is so true:

(And I know, there are some who will reference the mess Payne took over. But listen, whatever mess was or wasn't here, it has nothing to do with losing the opponent's best three-point shooter every trip down, every game. Nothing. I don't care how many guys had sex on their recruiting visits 10 years ago, it has no bearing on the ability to run the court in the here and now.)
Crawford’s an apologist. He doesn’t wanna recognize the reason people like me make that argument.

Has far less to do with the product on the court, and mostly to do with the financial “mess.” A situation that affects the entire athletics department.

It’s not really even an argument. The state of the business in 2022 when Payne arrived is fact. By that time, our average attendance was down seven thousand fans…

Crawford’s an apologist. He doesn’t wanna recognize the reason people like me make that argument.

Has far less to do with the product on the court, and mostly to do with the financial “mess.” A situation that affects the entire athletics department.

It’s not really even an argument. The state of the business in 2022 when Payne arrived is fact. By that time, our average attendance was down seven thousand fans…
You are literally so blinded by your tired agenda and your pathetic need to troll, that the points Crawford made are lost on you. If you did read the article - which I doubt - you spent more time formulating a rebuttal than you did paying attention to what he wrote.

Thank goodness there are no other “people like you” when it comes to this conversation - one of you is excruciatingly bad enough.

I read nothing journalistically about Payne because there’s nothing to read. How many variations are there on “he’s a bad coach and never deserved the job”?

At least I bring the financial side that seldom gets analyzed objectively. With facts of course because they’re easy to obtain. Some of that had to do with Payne, most to do with the clowns who hired Payne.

Speaking of which, we can soon entertain that debate if/when clowns acknowledge they made ANOTHER HUGE MISTAKE hiring the guy. Before it was give him time. Now the focus should be on them—again if, like me, you recognized Payne as a likely clown hire a couple years ago.

Or if after seven years, you’re just now realizing it takes the work of clowns to bring you someone like Kenny Payne to coach your basketball team…

I read nothing journalistically about Payne because there’s nothing to read. How many variations are there on “he’s a bad coach and never deserved the job”?

At least I bring the financial side that seldom gets analyzed objectively. With facts of course because they’re easy to obtain. Some of that had to do with Payne, most to do with the clowns who hired Payne.

Speaking of which, we can soon entertain that debate if/when clowns acknowledge they made ANOTHER HUGE MISTAKE hiring the guy. Before it was give him time. Now the focus should be on them—again if, like me, you recognized Payne as a likely clown hire a couple years ago.

Or if after seven years, you’re just now realizing it takes the work of clowns to bring you someone like Kenny Payne to coach your basketball team…
Perhaps if you had actually read the article, you would have seen that your preconceived characterization is unsurprising but predictably, wrong.

When you label every AD & their personnel since Jurich as “clowns”, you identify yourself as an unserious person - which is why you are almost universally laughed at in this space.

And to correct you, AT MOST you attempt to bring the financial side however, even these facts are subject to your childish bias. I find it incredibly ironic - poetic even - that you say you don’t read the work of journalists when you spend so much of your time in preparing charts and graphs for this space, that literally no one gives two shits about.

#trashcanofentertainment 😂

Ignoring what I said of course… No one including journalists have anything new to add ABOUT KENNY PAYNE.

Read, don’t hate…
Maybe you should apply to the Curious Urinal so you can have your opinion piece disliked by more than just us on the board but the city at large. I'm sure after repeating the same drivel over and over again you can sink that rag once and for all and then maybe get hired by wdrb so you can explain to Crawford where he went wrong.

Maybe you should apply to the Curious Urinal so you can have your opinion piece disliked by more than just us on the board but the city at large. I'm sure after repeating the same drivel over and over again you can sink that rag once and for all and then maybe get hired by wdrb so you can explain to Crawford where he went wrong.
Crawford's a U of L mouthpiece now. He parrots the same crap in this article that Heird & Co spewed after their last F&B Meeting. How bad their finances are, how much they've been victimized by the evil Kenny Payne.

I got news for Eric, the upper reaches of that overbuilt arena were a ghost town two years ago when we averaged almost nine thousand less than arena capacity.

That's a more accurate gauge of the "mess" that Payne stepped into...

Crawford's a U of L mouthpiece now. He parrots the same crap in this article that Heird & Co spewed after their last F&B Meeting. How bad their finances are, how much they've been victimized by the evil Kenny Payne.

I got news for Eric, the upper reaches of that overbuilt arena were a ghost town two years ago when we averaged almost nine thousand less than arena capacity.

That's a more accurate gauge of the "mess" that Payne stepped into...
So what? Your Jurich and Pitino's mouthpiece. See where fanaticism gets you? The article was about Payne being garbage. Not your obsession with the administration. The mods need to make another forum header for just the UofL admin so you can endlessly debate yourself there, all alone, in perpetuity.

No, the article and U of L administration will try to lay the pathetic state of U of L's basketball finances at Kenny Payne's feet.

That's for the most part a FAIL.

Kenny Payne: Money Scapegoat
Troll tries to refute the details of an article he says he didn’t read. Umm - ok.

Were that not hilarious enough, he then tries to turn attention from the actual conversation, by providing a link (😂) to another of his failed threads - one where multiple posters dunked on his agenda driven premise.

#sothirsty
#traschcanofentertainment

So what? Your Jurich and Pitino's mouthpiece. See where fanaticism gets you? The article was about Payne being garbage. Not your obsession with the administration. The mods need to make another forum header for just the UofL admin so you can endlessly debate yourself there, all alone, in perpetuity.
🤣 😜😜👍🤣👍🤣

No, the article and U of L administration will try to lay the pathetic state of U of L's basketball finances at Kenny Payne's feet.

That's for the most part a FAIL.

Kenny Payne: Money Scapegoat
How can a coach that failed to do his job a scapegoat? This was a failure on his part. His own choices and coaching led to the failure.

He is being held accountable for his failure. You know as well as anyone no one throws money at losing. Fans don’t support a losing coach. At some point money will be thrown at the problem to make it go away.

Let’s be clear the problem is they hired the wrong coach. No one is arguing that the administration isn’t accountable for the hire. It no different when Jurich hired Kragthrope. It happens to every AD at some point. The only way to fix a bad hire is fire that person and replace him with a better coach. Jurich came back with a good hire. You are assuming Heird can’t do it based of very little data. You may be right however you may be wrong. You are incapable of admitting he may just do that.

We will see.

Troll tries to refute the details of an article he says he didn’t read. Umm - ok.

Were that not hilarious enough, he then tries to turn attention from the actual conversation, by providing a link (😂) to another of his failed threads - one where multiple posters dunked on his agenda driven premise.

#sothirsty
#traschcanofentertainment
Personal insults rather than trying to refute the info on point. Typical…

How can a coach that failed to do his job a scapegoat? This was a failure on his part. His own choices and coaching led to the failure.

He is being held accountable for his failure. You know as well as anyone no one throws money at losing. Fans don’t support a losing coach. At some point money will be thrown at the problem to make it go away.

Let’s be clear the problem is they hired the wrong coach. No one is arguing that the administration isn’t accountable for the hire. It no different when Jurich hired Kragthrope. It happens to every AD at some point. The only way to fix a bad hire is fire that person and replace him with a better coach. Jurich came back with a good hire. You are assuming Heird can’t do it based of very little data. You may be right however you may be wrong. You are incapable of admitting he may just do that.

We will see.
Payne is being held accountable for the sad state of U of L’s finances.

…Which were in the $hitter when he got here.

Anyone need to see data for that? 📉

(Crawford knows that too…)

So you’re saying 12-48 is not the reason kp should be fired?
Not saying that at all. But I’ll sign my name below these statements…
  • Kenny Payne walked into a financial mess and did nothing to improve it.
  • Since he didn’t cause the mess, there’s no reason to believe it will magically improve when he’s gone.
If you wanna get rid of clowns, you got a shot at fixing your money problems. Failing that, all you have is hope…

OK, now your saying there is no reason to believe that kp's replacement couldn't help the financial situation by bringing excitement back, by putting together a solid well coached team, by getting fans back into the seats and making a run in the tournament? So it's all a lost cause. LoL. Exorcize your Jurich and Pitino demons, you'll feel much better.

OK, now your saying there is no reason to believe that kp's replacement couldn't help the financial situation by bringing excitement back, by putting together a solid well coached team, by getting fans back into the seats and making a run in the tournament? So it's all a lost cause. LoL. Exorcize your Jurich and Pitino demons, you'll feel much better.
👍 😄😊😁😀

Not saying that at all. But I’ll sign my name below these statements…
  • Kenny Payne walked into a financial mess and did nothing to improve it.
  • Since he didn’t cause the mess, there’s no reason to believe it will magically improve when he’s gone.
If you wanna get rid of clowns, you got a shot at fixing your money problems. Failing that, all you have is hope…
Who is responsible for financial improvement to Louisville football?

Personal insults rather than trying to refute the info on point. Typical…

Troll (noun) - a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

Where are the personal insults exactly? You have been / are a troll when it comes to UofL athletics and the athletic department since Jurich got himself fired.

You said that you didn’t / wouldn’t read Crawford’s article and yet you infer that his article is a disingenuous set of talking points. So either you were disingenuous yourself when you said that you didn’t read it or, you were disingenuous when you offered a characterization of the piece as if you had read it. Based upon those facts, you provided no legitimate “info to refute”.

Typical…

Reactions: Art79
Who is responsible for financial improvement to Louisville football?
Things will work out fine in basketball if management can make another Jeff Brohm hire. But how many of those hires have we made?

Or the more important question since the answer is "zero"... How many have we made absent a miraculous sequence of events not to repeat?

This management team is not gonna land Jeff Brohm in basketball. When they have to perform on their own merits, their track record is coaches and results like Mack, Satterfield, and Payne. And a rung higher, an AD like Vince Tyra. Those results will drive you further into the ditch.

It's why and how we're already in the ditch...

Last edited:
…Where are the personal insults exactly?…
It’s not about the validity of your comments.

It’s the simple fact you’re redirecting a thread—again—into one about me.

A clear obsession. And your inability to debate on point…

Last edited:
Troll (noun) - a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

Where are the personal insults exactly? You have been / are a troll when it comes to UofL athletics and the athletic department since Jurich got himself fired.

You said that you didn’t / wouldn’t read Crawford’s article and yet you infer that his article is a disingenuous set of talking points. So either you were disingenuous yourself when you said that you didn’t read it or, you were disingenuous when you offered a characterization of the piece as if you had read it. Based upon those facts, you provided no legitimate “info to refute”.

Typical…
:D :D :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
It’s the simple fact you’re redirecting a thread—again—

Ahem...quoting you on your hijack of this thread with irrelevant muck that has nothing to do with OP

-Your entire post 2 up- nothing to do with the article

-"Kenny Payne walked into a financial mess"-nope not in the article

-"If you wanna get rid of clowns"- nowhere in article is there a mention of a circus

-"Payne is being held accountable for the sad state of U of L’s finances"- again, nothing in article about that

-"Anyone need to see data for that?"- OK, somewhat on topic as there was gobs of data on how bad payne is, but only giving you 1/8th credit cause your data was not the data you were looking for

-"No, the article and U of L administration will try to lay the pathetic state of U of L's basketball finances at Kenny Payne's feet"-sigh.

OK, I got bored faster than I thought. You need to try harder and come up with better material. I'll give one more.

"A clear obsession." -You definitely have that in spades.
[/QUOTE]

Ahem...quoting you on your hijack of this thread with irrelevant muck that has nothing to do with OP

-Your entire post 2 up- nothing to do with the article

-"Kenny Payne walked into a financial mess"-nope not in the article

-"If you wanna get rid of clowns"- nowhere in article is there a mention of a circus

-"Payne is being held accountable for the sad state of U of L’s finances"- again, nothing in article about that

-"Anyone need to see data for that?"- OK, somewhat on topic as there was gobs of data on how bad payne is, but only giving you 1/8th credit cause your data was not the data you were looking for

-"No, the article and U of L administration will try to lay the pathetic state of U of L's basketball finances at Kenny Payne's feet"-sigh.

OK, I got bored faster than I thought. You need to try harder and come up with better material. I'll give one more.

"A clear obsession." -You definitely have that in spades.
My "entire post 2 up" was in response to a direct query from @Thecycle27. If you have a problem with that subject, take it up with him.

"Mess" is the word used in the fourth paragraph (parenthetical) in the linked article. I was simply quoting it.

I trust you're not saying that article is not about finance? Any topical comments I made were in reference to finance as well.

So who exactly are you saying that Crawford is blaming for U of L's finances? If it's not Payne, why this particular timing for the article?

He plainly calls it a "business decision." That decision is whether to retain Payne. And "business" is all about money and finance...

"They don't have the $. They might spend $ they don't have. I'm gonna be right! Something Something. Has anyone seen my Tom Jurich pajamas?"--Trashcan of Entertainment

Relax troll. They are still losing games, and admin has yet to confirm if they are going to try to change the direction.

Last edited:
Things will work out fine in basketball if management can make another Jeff Brohm hire. But how many of those hires have we made?

Or the more important question since the answer is "zero"... How many have we made absent a miraculous sequence of events not to repeat?

This management team is not gonna land Jeff Brohm in basketball. When they have to perform on their own merits, their track record is coaches and results like Mack, Satterfield, and Payne. And a rung higher, an AD like Vince Tyra. Those results will drive you further into the ditch.

It's why and how we're already in the ditch...

I appreciate the feedback and for validating my general belief which is hire the right coach things we turn around.

Jeff Waltz has credibility. He went out of his way to thank the administration for their support and how well they run the basketball operation.

Dan has recently came out to say funding for the program is improving. They just opened up the Henry Davis locker room.

Brohm has down a wonderful job in the portal.

The bottom line is the infrastructure and NIL are in place to bring basketball back. It only takes a good coach to bring it back. That is it. Make the right hire game on.

You nor I have enough data to accurately predict how this will go down. They didn’t need a miraculous event for Brohm to come here and they won’t need one for basketball.

It’s not about the validity of your comments.
Glad to see that you’re acknowledging that you are a troll. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

It’s the simple fact you’re redirecting a thread—again—into one about me.
Lol. As the OP, I can state unequivocally that this thread had nothing to do with you. That is until you came along and started your disingenuous conclusions about an article you didn’t read and tried to redirect posters to one of your failed narrative threads. As usual, the ONLY one making things about you - is you.

A clear obsession. And your inability to debate on point…
What you weakly and narcissistically call an obsession is simply the refusal to not call you out on your consistent disingenuous and intellectually dishonest attempts to steer every conversation here within the framework of your failed and tired agenda. This refusal appears to be shared almost universally with the other posters on this forum.

As for who’s “on point” - as you’ve displayed time and time again that you are both unable and unwilling to add anything of value to sports conversations on a sports forum, you are literally the last person in this space that could credibility make that comment.

Also, ignore is your (only) friend.

Glad to see that you’re acknowledging that you are a troll. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

Lol. As the OP, I can state unequivocally that this thread had nothing to do with you. That is until you came along and started your disingenuous conclusions about an article you didn’t read and tried to redirect posters to one of your failed narrative threads. As usual, the ONLY one making things about you - is you.

What you weakly and narcissistically call an obsession is simply the refusal to not call you out on your consistent disingenuous and intellectually dishonest attempts to steer every conversation here within the framework of your failed and tired agenda. This refusal appears to be shared almost universally with the other posters on this forum.

As for who’s “on point” - as you’ve displayed time and time again that you are both unable and unwilling to add anything of value to sports conversations on a sports forum, you are literally the last person in this space that could credibility make that comment.

Also, ignore is your (only) friend.
LOL!

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT