ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search Developments

I sure hope all the hoopla is right about Drew, because they got their A$$ kicked tonight. I wasn’t impressed with the style or just about anything. Not sure May’s not the better choice. Glad I don’t have to make that decision
With 3- 4 mil in nil (if reports are true) you can get the two of the best players in college basketball and still have 1 -2 million left for the rest of the team. I'm guessing that's better than what Baylor can bring to the table, by a lot. Competent coaching? Recipe for a tourney run immediately. All in on Drew.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Total guess Drew real interest will be known by Monday. He will either continue or disengage the talks. Louisville has to know if he is out soon. That will free them up to go down their list. It gets messy if he is interested enough but wants to make a decision after the NCAA run.

Cronin doesn’t seem like an option and if he is leaving Michigan is more likely. They can play his buyout and move quickly.

May is going to be interesting because of timing. He won’t make a decision until after the NCAA. If that exit is before Drew then things will get interesting. Louisville at that point would have to force Drew to answer yes or no.

After those guy the remaining choices are not sexy at all. The best guy left is Wade and it isn’t even close. Unless there are names we haven’t heard which is possible.

I sure hope all the hoopla is right about Drew, because they got their A$$ kicked tonight. I wasn’t impressed with the style or just about anything. Not sure May’s not the better choice. Glad I don’t have to make that decision
Even the best coaches have some subpar seasons. There isn't any question if Drew is a good coach, his results prove he is. Would you rather have Kevin Keats because NC State has reached the ACC title game?

Reactions: CardsFirst
Baylor is a small non public school with a 7,000 seat arena. Not sure about their NIL program but would doubt it’s as good as ours. If Drew wants to stay there then he’ll accept what Baylor offers. If he feels he can do more in a bigger city, bigger fan base and bigger NIL, then he comes here. In the new world, can Baylor hang with the big boys with larger NIL coffers?

If I had my druthers, I’d go for Will Wade. Why he ended up with a show cause and others, including Pitino, did not doesn’t make sense. All for doing what is now perfectly legal. But, that show cause will doom him with UL. That said, UL could easily show cause….”Cause Kenny Payne!!!”. Anyway, someone will grab him up soon from McNeese St. and they’ll do great.

Dusty May is impressive. #108 and #103 in 2021 and 2022 recruiting. just 3 stars and transfers. he does a lot with very little.

he found a 7 foot Russian center. team is top 25 in offensive efficiency. #9 in 3 point shooting. #58 in assists. #48 in rebounding. scoring margin is top 25.

he won't have that center forever. so Louisville is a great opportunity for him. with NIL money he can have consistency and win in a weak ACC.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Baylor is a small non public school with a 7,000 seat arena. Not sure about their NIL program but would doubt it’s as good as ours. If Drew wants to stay there then he’ll accept what Baylor offers. If he feels he can do more in a bigger city, bigger fan base and bigger NIL, then he comes here. In the new world, can Baylor hang with the big boys with larger NIL coffers?
If they cut back on football support then Yes. But if they remain focused on competing in football as well as they can, then Probably Not.

Baylor has more very rich alumni than we do. They can match anything and more. That is not an issue.
The question is how many total more? Baylor per capita the student body has many more, but it is far from a a large school. And its alums are not as wealthy as SMU alums.

Dick “Hoops” Weiss (who is a respected long time bball analyst) just tweeted that Drew has turned down overtures from Louisville. And that attention will now turn to Dusty May.
I like it. I would have also liked the "splashier" hire of Drew, which may have generated more noticeable fan support initially, but I'm not so sure that May isn't a better fit here. Just me, but he's been my favorite all along.

Last edited:
I want(ed) Drew but Dusty may make more sense. Save a few million and have additional money for NIL. I watched some YouTube videos of Dusty running practice. Very impressive. I think he knows his stuff and knows how to get a LOT out of his players.
I’m pretty much there. We should know after this weekend as I don’t see FAU beating UCONN. Although if they do that would be awesome

Good I’m just not sold on Drew. I just don’t think he’s a good fit. I don’t think he would be happy with the area.
Just curious why Drew wouldn’t like Louisville. In my former business I worked with lots of people that moved here permanently after spending time working in Louisville because they fell in love with the area. Quite a few of them were from small towns.

Dusty May grew up in a tiny area of rural Indiana but I don’t hear anyone saying the same about him.

Just curious why Drew wouldn’t like Louisville. In my former business I worked with lots of people that moved here permanently after spending time working in Louisville because they fell in love with the area. Quite a few of them were from small towns.

Dusty May grew up in a tiny area of rural Indiana but I don’t hear anyone saying the same about him.
Yeah I don't get it either. We are actually contemplating a move to Spencer Co to get closer to my wife's family and I'm not gonna be thrilled about moving away from here.

Reactions: Louisvillian

Dusty May I’m sure is familiar with Louisville. Coming from a religious based university would be a big change. I’m probably wrong though. I forgot he was from Kansas City.
I’m a transplant my self and Louisville has a huge population of transplants, so get what you’re saying.

A definition of "Louisville" would be helpful. Certain areas.of Louisville are TRASH. Other areas of Louisville are extremely nice. While the Basketball portion of that definition land on the former, where a coach would reside with his family would be a totally different "Louisville". Lots of things to do in Louisville though,that's for sure. What is a potential coaches main selling point about coming here?

In his defense, he probably has no idea May reached the F4.

But he can taste it. Something is happening soon and he cannot wait. It's probably not going to be epic like Payne, but hell it could be, and the deck is stacked against his AD to find a HC with much of a resume.

After elites like UNC and Duke hire guys with a combined 0 wins, that deck looks stacked against most everyone, not that he'd understand that either.

But anyway, whoever is next man up might fail! Yes, it's Xmas Eve every day for the troll.

GO CARDS?

PS - Just don't respond! Sniffin. Hatin. Ignore is your friend. etc.

A definition of "Louisville" would be helpful. Certain areas.of Louisville are TRASH. Other areas of Louisville are extremely nice. While the Basketball portion of that definition land on the former, where a coach would reside with his family would be a totally different "Louisville". Lots of things to do in Louisville though,that's for sure. What is a potential coaches main selling point about coming here?
Certain areas of almost every town in America are undesirable or I guess “Trash” in your words.

All I know is that I’ve met lots of people who have settled here from all over the country and they really like it here.

Since a reminder is needed in another thread turned “zipp”…

The war is over. Kinda like the Ukraine, a battle here and there—or a rogue drone—may surprise, but the result is certain. I have been proven right conclusively about this regime and its (in)capabilities.

For those who wanna believe I’m not a real U of L fan, I don’t need to root against Heird & Co in 2024, not that that’s ever happened. The results are in.

There’s been no big donor(s) AGAIN. Just millions more in red ink. No stream of big time coaches standing in line to get one of the plum college coaching jobs. Now we’re crossing our fingers for an FAU coach.

And we won’t understand how only 12-13 thousand season ticket holders jump on the train over the Summer and Fall, meaning those buyout millions spent are again gone for good.

But I don’t need for that to transpire, nor do I want it. ‘zipp’ has been and continues to be right, and that ain’t changing…

Since a reminder is needed in another thread turned “zipp”…

The war is over. Kinda like the Ukraine, a battle here and there—or a rogue drone—may surprise, but the result is certain. I have been proven right conclusively about this regime and its (in)capabilities.

For those who wanna believe I’m not a real U of L fan, I don’t need to root against Heird & Co in 2024, not that that’s ever happened. The results are in.

There’s been no big donor(s) AGAIN. Just millions more in red ink. No stream of big time coaches standing in line to get one of the plum college coaching jobs. Now we’re crossing our fingers for an FAU coach.

And we won’t understand how only 12-13 thousand season ticket holders jump on the train over the Summer and Fall, meaning those buyout millions spent are again gone for good.

But I don’t need for that to transpire, nor do I want it. ‘zipp’ has been and continues to be right, and that ain’t changing…
Somebody just closed their Jurich/Pitino photo album. Lots of excitement and energy in this one.

Troll is thriving.

Maybe if you stand on a street corner with a Bring Back Tom sign or something like that things will turn around. Either way, you can video tape it and watch yourself on loop. Would be so awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT