ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search Developments

Was Wright formerly the LPT coach? Did he bag $10 million a year two decades ago?

Is Heird recruiting coaches to play in Conference USA?

Absolutely right, no comparison. Yet we’re still gunning for coaches at midmajor programs…
As usual my points were on point and yours, were shite.

Thanks for playing - better luck next time.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Never said failure. It appears the hire won’t be any great accomplishment on Heird’s part.

We’re moving down the list of candidates for what some still believe is a coveted job paying big money. Why is that?…
Because of the pool of candidates you miserable, dishonest, trashcanofentertainment troll.

The "top" candidate has spent 25 yrs at his current spot where he has already won a title.

Please list all active title winning HC's that left one college job for another voluntarily.

Do you think this job is better than UNC or Duke? It's not. What did they just hire? Guys with a combined total of 0 wins, just like "we" tried. UK hired their guy from a mid-major.

The fact that this has to be explained to you is hilarious. You have no idea what is going on. None. Too busy trolling and crying about the past. Your tears are delicious.

I hope the artist appreciates that the hiring of CRP was no stroke of genius but pure luck. We just happened to have a job available and one of the best coaches ever just happened to be unemployed. No buyout, just a straight hire. A huge part of Jurich’s estimable resume was due to pure dumb luck. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s a different situation from the one Hierd finds himself in.
Right, wasn't Jurich going to hire Larry Eustachy?

That's how I remember it. Eustachy was the top candidate. Who knows what the last 20 years look like if Pitino hadn't luckily become available. We might be as angry with Jurich right now as UK fans are with Barnhart.
Who knows - Eustachy followed closely by kragthorpe - Jurich might have been out the door a decade earlier.

Better to be lucky than good. No question that Jurich was an excellent AD but to suggest that he wasn’t super lucky with pitino even being available - is simply fanboy revisionist history.

Right, wasn't Jurich going to hire Larry Eustachy?
And you just know, had Larry gotten the job he would have been spotted drinking Hudepohl and making out with coeds at a party in Lexington after another loss to Tubby Smith.

Of course that’s pretty tame compared to being extorted by a bimbo you (had relations 😎) with on the eve of an Elite 8 game where your team was the overall #1 seed. No way was that a distraction.

Just for everyone’s information all cities have good parts of town and bad parts of town. I am from Louisville born and raised but I have been living in Memphis for awhile because my wife is from Memphis. Memphis is one of the worst cities in the US to live in. I have worked in Waco several times and the campus is nice but the town doesn’t have much to offer.

The clowns now hired Coach Jeff Brohm. And got rid of his predecessor without a payout. Past administrations fired him, and then couldn’t get him back.

Side note and not to hijack the thread but a serious question. Why do people think rehiring Pitino would work out better than rehiring Petrino?
I wasn’t aware that anyone but the new regime tried to rehire CJB? And they were one-for-two in that effort.

Satterfield took care of his own buyout. Clowns did nothing…

Because of the pool of candidates you miserable, dishonest, trashcanofentertainment troll.

The "top" candidate has spent 25 yrs at his current spot where he has already won a title.

Please list all active title winning HC's that left one college job for another voluntarily.

Do you think this job is better than UNC or Duke? It's not. What did they just hire? Guys with a combined total of 0 wins, just like "we" tried. UK hired their guy from a mid-major.

The fact that this has to be explained to you is hilarious. You have no idea what is going on. None. Too busy trolling and crying about the past. Your tears are delicious.
It doesn’t have to be explained to me because I posed the question rhetorically. That apparently went over your head.

All I know is that we’re studying—and not yet hiring from—a list of midmajor coaches for what is supposedly one of the best jobs in college basketball and with millions of donor dollars to work with. Good coaches are standing in line for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Have I got that right?…

It doesn’t have to be explained to me because I posed the question rhetorically. That apparently went over your head.

All I know is that we’re studying—and not yet hiring from—a list of midmajor coaches for what is supposedly one of the best jobs in college basketball and with millions of donor dollars to work with. Good coaches are standing in line for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Have I got that right?…
UK 's last two hires were mid majors. UCONN hired Hurley from a mid major. UNC and Duke hired guys with 0 career wins.

Your entire argument is dumb. You don't have a good talking point with this.

Why do you think this job is more coveted than UNC, Duke, or UK? It's not. Troll.

The entire hiring landscape is over your head. You aren't even being dishonest this time. You just aren't very smart.

UK 's last two hires were mid majors. UCONN hired Hurley from a mid major. UNC and Duke hired guys with 0 career wins.

Why do you think this job is more coveted than UNC, Duke, or UK? It's not. Troll.

The entire hiring landscape is over your head. You aren't even being dishonest this time. You just aren't very smart.

Matt Painter and Nate Oats came from a mid-major. UNC, Iowa St, Arizona and Duke have first time head coaches. Tenn has a coach that was considered a retread. Houston has an old coach that was considered damaged goods.

Some people have short memories. Especially when their past posts were used to criticize the last administration. CJB didn’t return in the Tyra days. He was busy rebuilding a program that would play for a conference title in the Big 10. That fact was used by some to create a false narrative of incompetence. But he is back now.

You don’t need a graph for this one. A calendar should suffice.

Last edited:

Just relating what I was told about stars aligning for U of L. Maybe space junk.

Keep sniffin’…

Some people have short memories. Especially when their past posts were used to criticize the last administration. CJB didn’t return in the Tyra days. He was busy rebuilding a program that would play for a conference title in the Big 10. That fact was used by some to create a false narrative of incompetence. But he is back now.

You don’t need a graph for this one. A calendar should suffice.
Brohm didn’t return home except to return home. Nothing to do with clowns who actually blew their first chance in 2018.

Thank Satterfield…

Last edited:

Wow you're right that is a dumb argument from a troll. Most coaches start somewhere lower than the top. A top coach moving from one major to another is very rare. Roy from Kansas to UNC. Who else?

How many people complained about Kenny getting a shot with zero experience, saying he should have taken a mid-major job like DePaul first? That's the most common route that coaches go. They either come from a lower level and work their way up, or from assistants who work their way up.

Another bad faith argument from a bad faith troll.

LMAO! Going to let the football people jump on this one, and slip out of the thread. CJB took teams to a conference title in the Big 10 and the ACC in consecutive years.

Reactions: rh62531
LMAO! Going to let the football people jump on this one, and slip out of the thread. CJB took teams to a conference title in the Big 10 and the ACC in consecutive years.
We were lucky to get Brohm back. He never would have come here to work for Jurich after the way Jurich treated Brohm as an assistant here. Tyra couldn't seal the deal. Josh must have impressed Brohm in conversations in order to get him back. At Jeff's level, after going to a Big Ten title game, he's not working for a boss he hates. He can still be a UofL fan and not work there.

Wow you're right that is a dumb argument from a troll. Most coaches start somewhere lower than the top. A top coach moving from one major to another is very rare. Roy from Kansas to UNC. Who else?

How many people complained about Kenny getting a shot with zero experience, saying he should have taken a mid-major job like DePaul first? That's the most common route that coaches go. They either come from a lower level and work their way up, or from assistants who work their way up.

Another bad faith argument from a bad faith troll.
We expect far better hires than UNC, UK, and Duke. Said nobody, but a bad faith troll.

Just relating what I was told about stars aligning for U of L. Maybe space junk.

Keep sniffin’…
Solid lying deflecting tap out sucka. Your entire flame is hot trash. You don't know anything sit this one out clown. Go polish your Tom blow up and take a lap.

Can't debate anything I just hung around your neck. None of it. "But people were saying"... bwhahahaha what a fold!

I own you.

Didn’t some of the media also share in the fan delusion?

I don’t recall much talk about plucking standout coaches from Indiana State, Florida Atlantic, and the College of Charleston.

A little lower bar.

Make that a LOT lower bar…

Didn’t some of the media also share in the fan delusion?

I don’t recall much talk about plucking standout coaches from Indiana State, Florida Atlantic, and the College of Charleston.

A little lower bar.

Make that a LOT lower bar…
More "people were saying!" Take your hallucinations up with them my guy. Enough of your imaginary friends.

Tell us why you are pushing this dumb theory of yours where you are holding UofL's admin for this hire to a higher standard than programs alot better than yours that hired mid major coaches or coaches with 0 lifetime wins.

I posted this not too long ago but I watched a podcast where they were talking with Josh Heird. They asked what made the program at Villanova so successful when he was assistant AD. He said the difference between Louisville and Villanova was that everyone at Villanova was on board to do everything they could to make Villanova a success. He said Louisville was not and said that the provost and the BOT was not working for the best interest of Louisville athletics.

More "people were saying!" Take your hallucinations up with them my guy. Enough of your imaginary friends…
Speaking of imaginary, here’s the early wish list…

Jay Wright
Billy Donovan
Scott Drew
Chris Beard
Mick Cronin
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman
Jerome Tang
Sean Miller
Bruce Pearl

It was probably a fantasy that Jurich was making the hire…

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Completely unfounded opinion on your part. There’s always a marquee coach out there like Jay Wright or possibly Billy Donovan. Jurich had a big time job opening and went big. Now our primary targets are at Indiana State and Florida Atlantic.

Pitino’s original focus was the Michigan job, no lightweight. After talking to Jurich, he was coming here.

And Jurich’s record at finding and reataining good coaches is documented. He didn’t need “luck” to excel at that here for two decades…
This is an unfounded opinion on your part. There isn’t always a marquee coach available. It depends on the timing. You just like connecting dots after the fact.

Pitino’s was unemployed at the time and dying to get back in the college game. That matters. Who is unemployed at this time? Who is unemployed at this time that wants to get back in the game?

Who was Jurich back up plan to Pitinio? Yep Iowa State coach.

The current market dictates who Louisville can get. Yes, the current state of the program may not be a great fit for a Jay Wright. Also the current state college basketball may not be a good time for him to return. His words.

Jay Wright
Billy Donovan
Scott Drew
Chris Beard
Mick Cronin
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman
Jerome Tang
Sean Miller
Bruce Pearl

There are 3 on this list that would be considered marquee or close to Pitino level. None which are on the open market.

Wright currently doesn’t want to get back in the game according to him.

Drew they went after him. He didn’t want to make a change for 8m.

Donovan no one knows if he wants to get back into the college game.

Please explain how this search is the same as the one Jurich did?

Reactions: BPGhost and Art79
There's a fantasy involving Jurich going on, but it's all between your ears.

You can't stop talking about the guy bwhahahahahaha.

This is gross dude. Just gross. Hopefully you have lotion within your arm's reach so you can get it over with and move on to something else for the next hour or two. Like, standing on a street corner holding a sign with his name on it. On brand.

There's a fantasy involving Jurich going on, but it's all between your ears.

You can't stop talking about the guy bwhahahahahaha.

This is gross dude. Just gross. Hopefully you have lotion within your arm's reach so you can get it over with and move on to something else for the next hour or two. Like, standing on a street corner holding a sign with his name on it. On brand.
Hop bringing out the damn bazooka this morning lol

So if May chooses U of L, it will be on par with Pitino coming here. Funny stuff.

Follow-up question esp for @beantowncard

If Heird had landed Jay Wright, would it have been “pure dumb luck”?…
Well in all fairness RP’s behavior and lack of oversight (guilty or not) has made the current UoL job under par, hence us searching for a coach of lesser caliber, and it’s not as though hall of fame coaches are sitting around waiting for job offers. Juroch was good but bottom line he got lucky to get Slicky Ricky (his wife was dead set on not living in Ann Arbor). Having said that Pitino’s shenanigans put UofL in today’s current unenviable position, so wherever you want to put that - what came first chicken or the egg game, think hard about it’s genesis and try to own it’s truth.

Jurich hired Rick over 20 years ago. I remember when a candy bar was 25c. Neither is really all that relative to anything now. But it's an opportunity for some crusty old angry fans to steer their miserable feelings somewhere I guess.

There hasn't been a splash hire at a marquee program in a very long time. Not saying there won't ever be another one, but look at the hires at UNC, Duke, UCONN, AZ, Villanova, Syracuse, IU, etc. Ohio St just took an assistant. TX did too. Even UK had to reach to mid-major hires the last two times they went shopping.

The landscaped changed.

Just because a big name is alive doesn't put them in a pool of candidates. They are either in the NBA or a studio. Or they may not be that great anyway, just names people know. But for the casual fan that's always the starting point. I'm unsure why we are pretending names floated by media and alleged insiders on Twitter means something. It's just the names they are familiar with.

These are the same people that led you to believe DJ Wagner and Mgbako were coming here along with a ton of other 5* guys. How that work out?

But if the talking point is some people that don't know anything, actually don't know anything, then yes this is a point a lot of people should agree on. Yes!

Last edited:

Jay Wright
Billy Donovan
Scott Drew
Chris Beard
Mick Cronin
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman
Jerome Tang
Sean Miller
Bruce Pearl

No Tang, Cronin or Miller for me!

Tang hasn’t had longevity consistent success. Def need to see more has had 1 good run.

Cronin , style of play, and player relations plus never really elevated UCLA aside from 1 run a couple years ago.

Sean Miller, all that rich talent at Az and flamed consistently in the tourney.

No Tang, Cronin or Miller for me!

Tang hasn’t had longevity consistent success. Def need to see more has had 1 good run.

Cronin , style of play, and player relations plus never really elevated UCLA aside from 1 run a couple years ago.

Sean Miller, all that rich talent at Az and flamed consistently in the tourney.
Sean Miller might be a good fit at UK if Slimy is let go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT