ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search Developments

There are 3 on this list that would be considered marquee or close to Pitino level. None which are on the open market.

Wright currently doesn’t want to get back in the game according to him.

Drew they went after him. He didn’t want to make a change for 8m.

Donovan no one knows if he wants to get back into the college game.

Please explain how this search is the same as the one Jurich did?
I was listing the names of coaches being discussed as replacements when the job opening was contemplated. I never thought anyone who was highly sought and compensated would come here.

Looks like I was right….

Tell us why you are pushing this dumb theory of yours where you are holding UofL's admin for this hire to a higher standard than programs alot better than yours that hired mid major coaches or coaches with 0 lifetime wins.
Wrong again. My standards for this administration couldn’t be much lower. (While they often undershoot that…)

No, I’m calling out clown apologists thumping ridiculous lists like the one I just reposted. And now we settle for the likes of Dusty May who was on no one’s radar a month ago.

Yet, I’m confident we’ll have more than one apologist handing Heird attaboys for landing one of the “best young coaches in the game.” I’ll even write the rest of that script if anyone needs help…

Speaking of imaginary, here’s the early wish list…

Jay Wright
Billy Donovan
Scott Drew
Chris Beard
Mick Cronin
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman
Jerome Tang
Sean Miller
Bruce Pearl

It was probably a fantasy that Jurich was making the hire…
It seems that you are so heavily invested in Hierd hatred that you will go to any lengths to proclaim anything he does to be a failure. Let’s see how things develop. Your suggestion that any of those names on the list above would be sprinting to UofL if only Jurich were here is just pure fantasy.

It seems that you are so heavily invested in Hierd hatred that you will go to any lengths to proclaim anything he does to be a failure. Let’s see how things develop. Your suggestion that any of those names on the list above would be sprinting to UofL if only Jurich were here is just pure fantasy.
No turning the tables here. That list is/was the fanboy list. I didn't come up with it. And Heird MAY have made a run at 1 or 2 of those guys.

He had no money to work with, and his administration has reduced this basketball job to a relic of what it once was. Compounded by the fact that U of L is now a coaching graveyard (AKA dumpster fire) if your name isn't "Jeff Brohm" or you were hired by the prior regime. Even some of them are now endangered...

"Hate" Josh Heird? Hardly. He's doing pretty much what I expected...

And no damage has been inflicted the last seven years? Seriously??…
Like I said ping pong chicken and egg between your ears all day, but its beginnings were from the prior regime. I’m not absolving innocence of error for years subsequent to Jurich, but this isn’t ALL on Josh Heird. Geez I feel like Mugatu looking at Derek! 😵‍💫

Tom's not coming back troll.
Wait….What??? You mean no more strippers in dorms? No more coaches screwing bimbos on restaurant tables? No more NCAA notices of violations? No more probations? No more black clouds? No more spending the school’s money on lawyers to defend our program? No more Chuck Smrt???

Welll….damn!!!!

No, I’m calling out clown apologists thumping ridiculous lists like the one I just reposted. And now we settle for the likes of Dusty May who was on no one’s radar a month ago.
Wrong again troll!

Link, dated 2/21 over a month ago and since you probably don't read very well the subject line is "Dusty May" bwhahahahahaha. Hank tried to tell you.

Liar liar liar! You be lyin dawg.

Wrong again troll!

Link, dated 2/21 over a month ago and since you probably don't read very well the subject line is "Dusty May" bwhahahahahaha. Hank tried to tell you.

Liar liar liar! You be lyin dawg.

Good job Hank you nailed it! The troll, not so much. Just goes to show we should be listening to Hank and ignoring the troll if we want the real info.

I posted this not too long ago but I watched a podcast where they were talking with Josh Heird. They asked what made the program at Villanova so successful when he was assistant AD. He said the difference between Louisville and Villanova was that everyone at Villanova was on board to do everything they could to make Villanova a success. He said Louisville was not and said that the provost and the BOT was not working for the best interest of Louisville athletics.
Was this about the current BOT?

Tom's not coming back troll.
Well he kinda is. He’s been to numerous sporting events and now it’s been reported by a booster that TJ was actually consulted about the BB HC hire. And get this Heird and TJ are on really good terms, shocking right lol. Which is why he’s showing up at more and more events. This is contrary to some people’s opinion.
But you are correct he’s not coming back as AD, but the healing has begun.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
@Knucklehank1 ^^^^

This funny my guy. Thoughts?
I’ve been off the grid for most of the day so thank you for doing the dirty work. I was pretty certain I had posts talking about Dusty May for awhile. I like how Zipp made his list after the decision became apparent. It’s so weird to me the lengths he goes to shit on any and everything.

Btw…I think (and hope) what we are getting in May is someone like TJ Otzelberger at Iowa state. Otz spent 5 years as head coach at non-P5. Took over an Iowa state program that had two wins and has them in sweet 16 a couple years later. Both Otz and May are basketball junkies. Otz played D3 bball and May was a student assistant in college. Both have had to grind to get where they are at.

Last edited:
Btw…I think (and hope) what we are getting in May is someone like TJ Otzelberger at Iowa state. Otz spent 5 years as head coach at non-P5. Took over an Iowa state program that had two wins and had them in sweet 16 a couple years later. Both Otz and May are basketball junkies. Otz played D3 bball and May was a student assistant in college. Both have had to grind to get where they are at.
Thanks for the info. With the troll spewing so many untruths about our beloved program it's good to have someone who will stand up against the spammy troll's deceptions and tell us what's really going on.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
It's obvious he's pissed that other guy got fired. He really wanted him back another year to further his anti UofL agenda. God forbid the lifeblood of the university and community gets turned around on the clown shows (tm) watch.

It's obvious he's pissed that other guy got fired. He really wanted him back another year to further his anti UofL agenda. God forbid the lifeblood of the university and community gets turned around on the clown shows (tm) watch.
Yeah, I think you hit on it. And it looks like we're getting a great hire, fingers crossed. It seems like we may finally start turning the corner from all the NCAA garbage from the end of the Tom and Rick era.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Pitino’s wife didn’t want to go to Michigan she was the one who encouraged Pitino to take the Louisville job. When RP was at sUcK most of her friends were from the Louisville area. When RP was pondering the thought she asked him if he was going to live like a lion or a lamb. You’re right fans don’t hire a coach but they can sure get him fired by not going to games. However evidently former players can hire a coach.

You blame Jurich for the misconduct of Pitino and that is the wrong thing to blame him for. He should have fired Pitino and moved on but he didn’t. I guess you can blame him for being loyal.

Muss or Kelsey would be next in line I think but this is huge egg on Heird’s face. They thought May was coming.

You blame Jurich for the misconduct of Pitino and that is the wrong thing to blame him for. He should have fired Pitino and moved on but he didn’t. I guess you can blame him for being loyal.
You can also blame him for misplaced loyalty, as well as an over inflated belief in his stature. His loyalty should have been to the university and the overall health of the athletic department - not any one coach.

He miscalculated and paid the price. And it set UofL athletics back a decade.

Evidently he set Louisville back decades for getting fired and not being here to clean up this mess.

Thanks for the info. With the troll spewing so many untruths about our beloved program it's good to have someone who will stand up against the spammy troll's deceptions and tell us what's really going on.
Would someone help me understand what's going on now?

Heird said "At the end of the day, one of the things that I think is more important than anything else, we’ve got to have somebody who is dying to coach this basketball program. I mean, they will crawl here to coach this basketball program because that’s how much it means to them. I think we can sort that out through conversations as we begin the search here."

Why offer a job to 2 people that didn't meet the criteria?

Didn't he "sort that out through conversations"?

Pathetic

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
The May flip to Michigan was truly 11th hour change of heart. Was told today that UofL had an approved memorandum of understanding (or something of that sort) with agreed upon contract details. Agents for other coaches that were being looked at had been informed that a hire had been made. Everyone was blindsided last night. And the contract he got from Michigan 5 year $3.75M was not more impressive than what we had agreed upon with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT