ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs FSU Game Chat

Of course we hate Bobby Petrino now but we all know he wouldn't have been so conservative on offense in a game like this.

No qualms with the defense, even if we lose here. They can't do it all with the offense keeping them out there the whole game. Whats the time of possession like this half?

We have a lot of hurt guys because of this game. We haven't been the same since Smith went out. The game changed right there.

Two positive plays for Louisville the entire 2nd half. The interception by Clark and the missed FG by FSU.

Got the W. 3 away from bowl eligibility. I’ll take it. Especially on the road. Hard to feel good about it, though. Plenty to improve on. Satt looked like he felt the same.

I just don't know of any excuse Satterfield came come up with in that 2nd half except he was trying to play the clock. And that's a stupid reason so I doubt he admits it.

Losing a receiver wasn't it either. The team is deep at receiver. Harrell, Wadkins, Johnson, Marshall, Huggins Bruce and Ford. And where was Cooley and Hall at RB? Why was Mitchell not used more? Burkley had 11 carries. Why?

And Malik looked a bit tight when he did throw like he was afraid of messing up. Sometimes it's like there's a unseen force that descends on Louisville football when they're playing great. It was a totally different Cards team in the 2nd half. We actually didn't deserve to win.

Got the W. 3 away from bowl eligibility. I’ll take it. Especially on the road. Hard to feel good about it, though. Plenty to improve on. Satt looked like he felt the same.
I hope his heart was beating out of his chest!!! Need a Xanax Scott? Why did play calling change in that 2nd half?

FSU played turnover free football until that last interception. Even at 0-4, their defense is outstanding at TFL and sacks. We just did not block them nearly as well in the second half, and as a result we spent a lot of time “behind the chains.”

NEVER will be disappointed in a win in Tallahassee! Way to go, Cards!

I just don't know of any excuse Satterfield came come up with in that 2nd half except he was trying to play the clock. And that's a stupid reason so I doubt he admits it.

Losing a receiver wasn't it either. The team is deep at receiver. Harrell, Wadkins, Johnson, Marshall, Huggins Bruce and Ford. And where was Cooley and Hall at RB? Why was Mitchell not used more? Burkley had 11 carries. Why?

And Malik looked a bit tight when he did throw like he was afraid of messing up. Sometimes it's like there's a unseen force that descends on Louisville football when they're playing great. It was a totally different Cards team in the 2nd half. We actually didn't deserve to win.
Hold on there for a minute with that hyperbole. Do you really mean that?

It is a 60 minute game. The O stood out the 1st half and the D stepped up in the 2nd when it mattered. Cards did deserve to win and they did.

FB is a team game and the Cards did way more good things than bad and the 31-23 score reflects that...in spite of rather vanilla play calling in the 2nd half. The staff will learn from this and build on it with this young team.

It would have been a shame if the bugaboo of TO's would have bite the Cards in the azz by trying to do too much and blow it in the 4th Qtr. Charlie Strong played this way and won with it so there is that.

The punter had a solid effort as did special team play.

I am not sure how many injuries of front line players during the game this team can endure and still win all the battles they have to still pull out the W. This team did that and deserve kudos for the effort to do so. Wonder how FSU feels about now?

I am still on the train to win and not feel bad when we do, but not big enough to suit some of our fans. Gotta heal up and get ready for the Deacs now.

Of course we hate Bobby Petrino now but we all know he wouldn't have been so conservative on offense in a game like this.
We also know his defense couldn't have made the stops this defense made today either.

I'm not really so sure his offense would've been any better. Bobby 2.0 was not Booby 1.0..

Oh please. What are you 10 frigging years old? Of course I'm glad we won but to celebrate or make BS excuses for the horrendous 2nd half you're acting like one.

We beat a winless team and we let them outscore us 16 to 0 after getting up 31 to 7. They ended having more total yards as Louisville had less than 75 total yards in the 2nd half.

I have no good feelings about this game. Yes, a win is better than a loss, but Wake Forest will embarrass us next week if Satterfield continues with his stubborn play calling. Anyone who believes this win was more impressive than the UCF win is fooling themselves.

The Cards have a lot to work on, beginning with the bewildering play calling of its head coach.

I hope his heart was beating out of his chest!!! Need a Xanax Scott? Why did play calling change in that 2nd half?
FSU made adjustments and when BS went down with an injury it made it hard for us to counter. Its just like any other sport when you start to struggle and the other team is playing with confidence you feel the pressure and don't execute as well. We also have a young team and FSU has some dudes. Their record may suck but they have 3 times the talent and depth that we have.

I'm tickled to death with this win even if we didn't score a point in the 2nd half.

Lets Go PH !!!!!!!!!

We also know his defense couldn't have made the stops this defense made today either.

I'm not really so sure his offense would've been any better. Bobby 2.0 was not Booby 1.0..
You do know Lamar was here on Bobby 2.0? It was only that last season when he stopped coaching.

I was referring to play calling, not roster management or player attitude towards him. He would have never played the clock the entire half. He would have risked turnovers before doing that.

It was like Satterfield didn't trust Malik. The entire offense in the 2nd half was called like a true freshman playing QB for the first time. There's no excuse for it. None! I'm sorry but that upsets me more than the defense hanging on by a thread.

Oh please. What are you 10 frigging years old? Of course I'm glad we won but to celebrate or make BS excuses for the horrendous 2nd half you're acting like one.

We beat a winless team and we let them outscore us 16 to 0 after getting up 31 to 7. They ended having more total yards as Louisville had less than 75 total yards in the 2nd half.

I have no good feelings about this game. Yes, a win is better than a loss, but Wake Forest will embarrass us next week if Satterfield continues with his stubborn play calling. Anyone who believes this win was more impressive than the UCF win is fooling themselves.

The Cards have a lot to work on, beginning with the bewildering play calling of its head coach.
C'mon dude, what were you saying our record was going to be after we lost to Ole Piss to start the season ? Bet it wasn't 3-1 with wins over UCF and FSU..

And Hell yes we have a lot to work on. We're young they gotta learn, so does Satterfield.

FSU made adjustments and when BS went down with an injury it made it hard for us to counter. Its just like any other sport when you start to struggle and the other team is playing with confidence you feel the pressure and don't execute as well. We also have a young team and FSU has some dudes. Their record may suck but they have 3 times the talent and depth that we have.

I'm tickled to death with this win even if we didn't score a point in the 2nd half.

Lets Go PH !!!!!!!!!
Oh come on with the lame excuses. You kidding me? Tickled? I swear I'll never understand this kind of thinking acting like a winless FSU was some impressive win for Louisville.

Three times the talent? I guess if it makes you feel better have at it but that's a ridiculous statement. Why didn't they look so great that first half? You all giving all these props for FSU with talent is a frigging joke. I guess they will be the most talented 3 and 9 team of all time?

I'm sorry for being so animated but Cards fans celebrating this performance is as perplexing as anything I've ever seen.

So you say....but what are you?

I agree that they have a lot to work on. 2nd Half play calling being at the top of the list.

Who said this was a more impressive win than UCF? It's not. and it wasn't said by me or others unless I am missing it.

What it is is a solid win on a wounded FSU's home field who had their backs up against the wall and played that way in the 2nd half. Does that figure into the equation in any way?

Just to remind you....it is a 60 minute game and the score at the end is ALL that really matters. That gives pause to celebrate. ACC away wins are few and far in between. Broke a 6 games streak of losses on the road for the Cards too!

Your first paragraph reeks of insolence and behaving that way to other Card fans is uncalled for. Enjoy the win and praise the Cards for the effort. Way to represent.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
C'mon dude, what were you saying our record was going to be after we lost to Ole Piss to start the season ? Bet it wasn't 3-1 with wins over UCF and FSU..

And Hell yes we have a lot to work on. We're young they gotta learn, so does Satterfield.
Again so frigging what about the record. I'm not talking about the record. I think it goes without saying 3 and 1 is better than 2 and 2.

I'm referring to this game and how pathetic the Cards were in that entire 2nd half offensively. I guess you believe we're going to continue to win that way when we actually play a winning team?

Make the damn distinction already.

Again so frigging what about the record. I'm not talking about the record. I think it goes without saying 3 and 1 is better than 2 and 2.

I'm referring to this game and how pathetic the Cards were in that entire 2nd half offensively. I guess you believe we're going to continue to win that way when we actually play a winning team?

Make the damn distinction already.
It’s a learning process. No we’re not going to win every game playing like that. But if they put a full game together like the first half they’ll do well. If we go 5-7 or 6–6 it’s an improvement. Another brick in the foundation. That’s progress. He’s building a program and it takes time. We did enough to win. It wasn’t pretty but they’re growing, so not every game will be pretty.

Reactions: Mayoman
Morgantown card said it was a better win than UCF. Did he mean because it was a conference game?

Look, I apologize for my insolence but in no way am I happy or satisfied with this win against the most talented 0 and 4 team of all time. The frustration of watching that 2nd half ruined the whole game for me. Then I see Cards fans making lame excuses mostly because they think FSU is a impressive win.

It is what it is I guess. I do apologize for my temper. I shouldn't let sports do that to me.

Morgantown card said it was a better win than UCF. Did he mean because it was a conference game?

Look, I apologize for my insolence but in no way am I happy or satisfied with this win against the most talented 0 and 4 team of all time. The frustration of watching that 2nd half ruined the whole game for me. Then I see Cards fans making lame excuses mostly because they think FSU is a impressive win.

It is what it is I guess. I do apologize for my temper. I shouldn't let sports do that to me.
It takes a big man to apologize. Good on you for that. Being a passionate fan of the Cards is not easy and can be pretty frustrating at times.

These guys are still not pros and are pretty imperfect. The staff is too. Growing into this season with a young team will continue to frustrate us all.

At the end of the day....we are still pulling for the same team.

I just enjoy life and take the good with the bad. We are all still growing older in wisdom. Have a drink or two or whatever you do to unwind. And be glad the Cards won the darn game. On to beat the Fake Worrest guys next week. Are ya wit me?

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I was happy with the effort the whole game by the players but confused by the play calling. This game reminded me of the Ole Miss game but in reverse. FSU has a lot of talent but I am impressed with what we have especially our young players. It was great to see our backup players come in on defense in the 2nd half and hold their own.
Wake Forest is going to be a tough game they are upper class men oriented. They also have some really good transfers from Georgia, Stanford and Michigan. So they have a lot of experience and talent it should be a tough game.

Reactions: Mayoman

I don’t think anyone thinks its an impressive win, but it’s a win. I guess for example you and I see the program at different places. In 2018 we went 2-10 then Satt had a tremendous year in 2019 given what he inherited. At that time I said that was the worst thing that could have happened to Satt and the program because people with your thought process thought we were back. Then COVID hit and our lack of talent and depth was really highlighted and we win 3 games. Fact is 2019 was an anomaly. We are in a complete rebuild as many predicted when Bobby was fired. FB just does not turn around fast.
So it’s one brick at a time. One step forward, two back until they put a complete game together and learn to win constantly under pressure, keep a lead, etc… And for the record that goes for the coaching staff too. Was there highlights in this game? Sure we’re. We’re there ugly spots in this game? Obviously. Did we find a way to win on the road for the first time in 7 games. Most certainly. Has this team shown any sign of quitting? No. That is progress and that my friend is a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT