ADVERTISEMENT

CARDS vs FSU Game Chat

While a W is the goal. Somebody moved the O goal posts in the 2nd half and I didn’t understand it at all. And then refused to move or change it.

It takes a big man to apologize. Good on you for that. Being a passionate fan of the Cards is not easy and can be pretty frustrating at times.

These guys are still not pros and are pretty imperfect. The staff is too. Growing into this season with a young team will continue to frustrate us all.

At the end of the day....we are still pulling for the same team.

I just enjoy life and take the good with the bad. We are all still growing older in wisdom. Have a drink or two or whatever you do to unwind. And be glad the Cards won the darn game. On to beat the Fake Worrest guys next week. Are ya wit me?

I was very confident with this game. In my earlier forum posts I was writing that I believed the Cards would win this game going away and that despite all this talent everyone says FSU has, Louisville is a much better team. 34 to 20 I believe was the score I predicted.

And guess what happened in the first half of the game? I was dead on and it seemed so obvious to me. I'm normally a rather pessimistic Cards fan. I'm always commenting how unlucky the Cards are, but in this game I was so sure I actually made a bet. First time in many years. Did you know the line at kickoff actually went to - 1 for FSU.

So when the 2nd half turned into a nightmare I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and by what I was reading after the game. FSU sucks. I don't see all this talent. The best player I saw was Milton. That guys a warrior.

So I got a bit irked at fans making excuses like FSU has all this talent. The sole reason FSU had a chance to win at the end was due to the horrendous play calling by whoever calls the offense in the 2nd half.

Yes we won. We have actually had some good luck the past two games. Remember, Justin Marshall fumbled that last possession at our own 35 yard line. The ball luckily bounced right back to him.

But I'm not happy, especially with the offensive inconsistencies. Who is the #1 running back? Anyway, up past my bedtime.

Go Lamar tomorrow.

My takeaway on that.....the game is much more enjoyable when you don't bet on the Cards to win.

Money at risk can not end well and brings out the worst in all of us. If you make your living that way...it can drive you crazy. And it won't be much fun even when your team wins if you are betting a spread too. Double whammy.

Go Lamar tomorrow for sure.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I don’t think anyone thinks its an impressive win, but it’s a win. I guess for example you and I see the program at different places. In 2018 we went 2-10 then Satt had a tremendous year in 2019 given what he inherited. At that time I said that was the worst thing that could have happened to Satt and the program because people with your thought process thought we were back. Then COVID hit and our lack of talent and depth was really highlighted and we win 3 games. Fact is 2019 was an anomaly. We are in a complete rebuild as many predicted when Bobby was fired. FB just does not turn around fast.
So it’s one brick at a time. One step forward, two back until they put a complete game together and learn to win constantly under pressure, keep a lead, etc… And for the record that goes for the coaching staff too. Was there highlights in this game? Sure we’re. We’re there ugly spots in this game? Obviously. Did we find a way to win on the road for the first time in 7 games. Most certainly. Has this team shown any sign of quitting? No. That is progress and that my friend is a win.
No, we're not different at all with that. I was concerned last season because we won so many close games in 2019. But Covid really screwed with Louisville because of the depth issues caused by Petrino. I didn't sweat too much last seasons results.

I was confident this summer even with the offensive stars we lost and I believe we may end up having a winning season and making a good bowl. However, things have to change with the offense for that to happen.

All Cards fans know about the run first play calling and when it works, we're all for it. But tonight, in the 2nd half FSU was crowding the box over and over and we continued to run off tackle over and over. It wasn't working, yet it continued. Everytime we would complete a 6 or 7 yard pass, we would run down the middle for no gain or loss of yards.

It drove me bonkers. I just don't get it. And many a time it was Burkley and not Mitchell. Drove me crazy. It was an obvious playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

No, we're not different at all with that. I was concerned last season because we won so many close games in 2019. But Covid really screwed with Louisville because of the depth issues caused by Petrino. I didn't sweat too much last seasons results.

I was confident this summer even with the offensive stars we lost and I believe we may end up having a winning season and making a good bowl. However, things have to change with the offense for that to happen.

All Cards fans know about the run first play calling and when it works, we're all for it. But tonight, in the 2nd half FSU was crowding the box over and over and we continued to run off tackle over and over. It wasn't working, yet it continued. Everytime we would complete a 6 or 7 yard pass, we would run down the middle for no gain or loss of yards.

It drove me bonkers. I just don't get it. And many a time it was Burkley and not Mitchell. Drove me crazy. It was an obvious playing not to lose instead of playing to win.
I agree and your correct. And I’m not going to lie it drives me nuts too. But it’s part of the process..Hence it’s a learning process for the coaches too. Let’s hope players and coaches alike learned tonight

Reactions: Mayoman
I'm referring to this game and how pathetic the Cards were in that entire 2nd half offensively. I guess you believe we're going to continue to win that way when we actually play a winning team?
Well there's 2 sides of the ball. How about the defense in the fourth quarter holding FSU who was pulling out all the stops from gadget plays to going for it on multiple 4th downs not to mention some very questionable calls. How many plays were the defense on the field for in the 2nd half ? But they held strong when they had to and came up with a game saving interception.

Probably the best defense we've seen around here since "I'm not cut like that" Chuck Strong.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Damn it! I can't sleep.

Yes, the defense is definitely the heroes here. I was pleasantly surprised how they kept at it after almost spending the entire 2nd half on the field. The two interference calls were bogus, especially that last one.

Hopefully injuries don't derail the defense. Losing Monty hurts bad.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT