ADVERTISEMENT

Big 4 Bridge

I sent them an email explaining my disgust. Doubtful I will hear back from them but it made me feel better...They were tweeting with Matty Bangs and his #1 stooge, so he has his fingerprints all over this.

Reactions: JohnCard28 and zipp
I saw this as well, quite sad to do this in order to make a few bucks...literally just a few...

This got me thinking though....isn't the waterfront park contracting to this company that came up with this nonsense? If so, I would assume with enough complaining another company could overtake the contact.

I could be completely wrong though with regards to the contact...anyone have info on that?

This drives me crazy. I know there are SuCk fans in UL but this is UL. Just maybe it is time to ditch the YUM and focus on the campus. How long do you think the businesses would survive once UL pulls out. It's time this city learns how much money UL brings to downtown not a few dollars for some stupid way to make money on the bridge. You think those idiot hillbillies in the state are going to bring significant money to the city. I'll answer the question NO. The state is a financial leach on UL. Always taking but very rarely giving. I say call the Mayors office and complain.

This drives me crazy. I know there are SuCk fans in UL but this is UL. Just maybe it is time to ditch the YUM and focus on the campus. How long do you think the businesses would survive once UL pulls out. It's time this city learns how much money UL brings to downtown not a few dollars for some stupid way to make money on the bridge. You think those idiot hillbillies in the state are going to bring significant money to the city. I'll answer the question NO. The state is a financial leach on UL. Always taking but very rarely giving. I say call the Mayors office and complain.
Leach on the city of Louisville

I've noticed that this bridge is always in blue for Lexington games, and hardly ever red for UofL games. It's about time we get these board members, or whoever else deems this appropriate, off the board. Do not support this campaign! They have our tax dollars anyways. Great team they have there; it's about time that they're replaced.
https://louisvillewaterfront.com/about-wdc/our-team/

This is ridiculous. It's a nationwide internet vote, so obviously there's more statewide/nationwide alumni for them. This is stupid.

Reactions: JohnCard28
The game is on Gameday. It's not going to look good when they show the city and it's in blue. I think the problem is that people sit on their hands and allow this shxt to happen. This would never happen in Lexington or any other city b/c fans would not allow it to happen.

Reactions: American Male
Ever since they painted Freedom Hall blue I haven't stepped foot inside and I never will again for anything. I agre with the other posters who say we need to let them feel this in the pocket book somehow.

UL fans need to start boycotting the cities businesses. That will make a bang but good luck trying to get anybody organized to do this.

Reactions: American Male
I noticed it was Blue and White Wednesday evening around 8pm when crossing the Lincoln....So it doesn't have to be a game night for Kentucky. I will join the boycott or boycott any other business in Jefferson County that caters to UK-Lexington. They can take their park and shove it op the ol' corn hole for all I care...

BTW, I still have yet to hear from the folks at Waterfront Park

Last edited:
Reactions: JonK65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT