ADVERTISEMENT

Another attendance thread...

You don’t have a say in any matter, little man. I actually have a degree from U of L, and have gone to numerous games over the years since I was young. I’ve even gone to 3 games this year on account of my busy schedule, and living 3,000 miles away in a city both you and Kevin couldn’t afford for a vacation. I guarantee both of you fake fans haven’t put a penny in the University. Keep your rustle strong, little muchacho.
Some serious back patting by you. If you have to tell everyone how great you are... yYoure Not.
tenor.gif

So with all of that good news, where are the fans? It's getting lonely down here!...
You should use that picture as your avatar.

Posters buying $6.00 tickets isn’t helping the athletic department much either. Usually tip more than that after watching games at Spring Street. Pretty sure a few of the waitresses are U of L students. If they use it for tuition I’m helping the academic part of the university. Not everyone is willing to settle for a degree from taco college.

Reactions: BPGhost and UL_1986
At least you managed to post from California this time without questioning my fandom. You're making progress!!... :D
California must’ve touched your pee pee when Kev was a young lad. You hold a lot of arbitrary animosity towards it. I find it sad, yet fascinating.

Posters buying $6.00 tickets isn’t helping the athletic department much either. Usually tip more than that after watching games at Spring Street. Pretty sure a few of the waitresses are U of L students. If they use it for tuition I’m helping the academic part of the university. Not everyone is willing to settle for a degree from taco college.
I don't bring this type of OT subject up. I usually just try to finish them...

gocards%20invoice_zpsbopahpcb.jpg

And that makes TWO U of L basketball records in the ACC on consecutive days... The women beat UVA tonite by the largest margin in their ACC history.

I feel privileged to have witnessed both in person... :cool:

So your lack of job or family obligations makes you the only true U of L super fan? Good for you Zipp! Yet another post relating some arbitrary dollar figures to success or support of a college athletic department and multi sports program. Hell If I had to come home to see Mrs. Zipp I'd attend golf and tennis practice too.

Last edited:
And someone paid for womens basketball tickets. That's nice, good to support the lady cards. How about you repost that screenshot when the $6400.00 balance for football tickets hits zero.

So your lack of job or family obligations makes you the only true U of L super fan? Good for you Zipp! Yet another post relating some arbitrary dollar figures to success or support of a college athletic department and multi sports program...
So 15K at Bailout each game have "no job or family obligations". The view must be clear from a game night barstool.
And someone paid for womens basketball tickets. That's nice, good to support the lady cards. How about you repost that screenshot when the $6400.00 balance for football tickets hits zero.
LOL... I'll be glad to when the bill comes due, remind me. Of course, I kinda doubt you'll be around then to see it...

I think the answer for all schools is to sell half a season packages similar to what pros do where they sell ten game packages for the 41 game schedule .
I share season tickets at UK and find it’s the best of both worlds .

Frankly I enjoy each experience just as much . Going to the game and eating out before hand,mingling with the crowd , seeing old friends , getting there in time to hear the pep band etc are things you don’t get at home .

However , having a better view , seeing all of the replays, not having the hassle of a drive to Lexington , parking etc is also a great experience especially on cold rainy nights.

Kinda like the old saying sometimes less less is more .

Thanks for posting... First time I've seen "Vince" cop out on this subject.

"Vince" is under pressure to sell tickets; now "Vince" is making excuses.

Suggestion for "Vince": you're the freaking AD--do your job and quit whining about a job you voluntarily walked into...

Reactions: PHCARD
Thanks for posting... First time I've seen "Vince" cop out on this subject.

"Vince" is under pressure to sell tickets; now "Vince" is making excuses.

Suggestion for "Vince": you're the freaking AD--do your job and quit whining about a job you voluntarily walked into...

Regardless of your constant anti-Tyra rhetoric, he is doing his job, he’s lowering ticket prices for upper level seats. Read the whole article next time, and if you did, try and comprehend.

Reactions: Art79
Regardless of your constant anti-Tyra rhetoric, he is doing his job, he’s lowering ticket prices for upper level seats. Read the whole article next time, and if you did, try and comprehend.
I read the article and past articles and quotes, and I understand perfectly...

"Vince" has taken the high road previously by acknowledging a difficult problem, difficult for him to SOLVE anyway. Maybe his remarks are due to Wednesday nite's record low attendance, only he knows.

But it's either inevitability or the pressure of his situation causing him to now take potshots and make excuses. It's now because of the people who made his bed and because of macro trends. His problem is not because of him, and that's weak sauce.

The bigger joke is that marking prices down to $40 on the upper arena sidelines and $30 in the upper endzones is gonna sell more tix. While guys like me pay $6 on Stubhub for those tix.

That's the product of an AD who is not only making excuses but who's also in denial. Blood will continue to flow in the streets...

And now the team has had maybe its best start in ACC conference play, at least as far as winning games...

Attendance%20vs%20Records%2018%20games_zpszwsce7lp.jpg

Nothing about that graphic says that this team is having problems winning. Nor does anything about it suggest that winning will help attendance.

Maybe if Mack wins a championship... I guess that should become the narrative.

See Cards fans in Red, grey and Black.
See UofL fans wearing non-UofL attire.

Guess at the Blackout game against Duke game fans will wear white, red or grey.

Same with the redout Senior game.

Get with the program fans !

Last edited:
Reactions: Cue Card
Stands look pretty full on my tv. If fans can’t remember Tyra is the AD and they are supposed to not buy tickets how do you think they will remember what color shirt to wear?

I heard that the big screen was focusing on people during time outs that weren't wearing white. It showed them with a caption of "you had one job". I love that. One thing I've always hated is the blue hairs down low instead of passionate fans.

Reactions: Cue Card and Deeva
See Cards fans in Red, grey and Black.
See UofL fans wearing non-UofL attire.

Guess at the Blackout game against Duke game fans will wear white, red or grey.

Same with the redout Senior game.

Get with the program fans !
If you don’t have something UofL that is white, you stay home? I’m all about it but if someone doesn’t have white UofL gear I don’t expect them to run out and spend money.

I wasn’t at the game, but the people that were there and didn’t have white on? Big deal, at least they’re there cheering and supporting the team. They’ve already bought tickets, paid for parking, etc. Lets be truthful, the whole white out, red out, black out is just another avenue to generate sales of your gear. That’s a fact.

I heard that the big screen was focusing on people during time outs that weren't wearing white. It showed them with a caption of "you had one job". I love that. One thing I've always hated is the blue hairs down low instead of passionate fans.
What’s stopping those “passionate” fans from bucking up and buying those seats?

If you don’t have something UofL that is white, you stay home? I’m all about it but if someone doesn’t have white UofL gear I don’t expect them to run out and spend money.

I wasn’t at the game, but the people that were there and didn’t have white on? Big deal, at least they’re there cheering and supporting the team. They’ve already bought tickets, paid for parking, etc. Lets be truthful, the whole white out, red out, black out is just another avenue to generate sales of your gear. That’s a fact.

Why wouldn't you have anything in White.
I have White, Red, Grey, Black,charcoal black light red, dark red, camo UofL shirts.

10 dollar shirts are available.
I mean they like, umm sell them in the lobbys.............

Most all business', corporation looks to generate additional revenue.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79

From the final score, it appears there should have been more focus on the game than the apparel.

I was at the game, pretty nice turn out, wish we would have won, but UNC got more rebounds and capitalized on second chance tip ins. We never got into a groove, and started relying too much on 3s, and not on moving the ball around to the interior.
Enoch having 0 points is just unacceptable, he should be way more dominant. CC and Sutton played well though. After the game went into Doc Crows, haven’t been a long while, love their Po’ Boy. Back in Bay Area now, will be back for Virginia home game, I got tix.

I was at the game, pretty nice turn out, wish we would have won, but UNC got more rebounds and capitalized on second chance tip ins. We never got into a groove, and started relying too much on 3s, and not on moving the ball around to the interior.
Enoch having 0 points is just unacceptable, he should be way more dominant. CC and Sutton played well though. After the game went into Doc Crows, haven’t been a long while, love their Po’ Boy. Back in Bay Area now, will be back for Virginia home game, I got tix.

Enjoy the Bay Area! I went there on a one month vacation (1969) and stayed nine years.

Reactions: UL_1986
Enjoy the Bay Area! I went there on a one month vacation (1969) and stayed nine years.
I hear ya, I’ve been here almost 9 myself. The first 4 were at UC Berkeley for grad school, now I’ve settled into Richmond, Ca in East Bay! Love it!

So it’s your contention that all UofL fans have the money to buy lower arena season tickets?
o_O

Why are you always in the upper deck - given what a “super fan” you are? :rolleyes:
Who said anything about "buying season tix"? I've sat in the lower arena all year except when I bought 2nd level club seats.

Just because YOU don't know how to spend your money doesn't mean no one else does.

Who said anything about "buying season tix"?

The poster that I responded to - that’s who. Your reading comprehension did you in again.

I've sat in the lower arena all year except when I bought 2nd level club seats.
Buying uppers and then weaseling your way down into the lowers isn’t something an adult should be proud of.

Just because YOU don't know how to spend your money doesn't mean no one else does.
Lol - I’m happy to measure wallets anytime you’d like “zipp”.

The poster that I responded to - that’s who. Your reading comprehension did you in again...
That poster said this...
No mention of season tix. Who has the comprehension problem, if not little man syndrome?...

Buying uppers and then weaseling your way down into the lowers isn’t something an adult should be proud of...
I've advocated for awhile now that fans buy the cheapest tix they can, go to games and still support the players and coaches. That's exactly what I'm doing. It has nothing to do with pride and maturity, but more to do with execution.

Until trust and confidence return, fans should continue to withhold as much money from U of L as possible.
...Lol - I’m happy to measure wallets anytime you’d like “zipp”.
Good stuff. Rich guys I know routinely go up and introduce themselves to strangers... :cool:

Fans should withhold money from the University we love, because “your” idols were burned at the stake, and your excuse is trust and confidence? Lol! The delusion is at an all-time high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT