ADVERTISEMENT

Another attendance thread...

Lowest attended home game in ACC history...

for U of L men's basketball was witnessed tonite, as far as my records show. There may have been a bad weather game a few years ago that I haven't researched. But it's the lowest the last two years when attendance has showed its greatest declines.

That BTW is 701 fans more than attended the Lipscomb game which is the lowest on the regular season so far. (BC is now the 2nd lowest.) And tonite's number was 310 more than attended the Simmons College exhibition.

I'm sorry, but news is news. Good or bad...

Last edited:
tenor.gif

So with all of that good news, where are the fans? It's getting lonely down here!...

Amazing, this blabbering. Tonight’s crowd kicked ass. But if you were not there.....
I wouldn't say it "kicked a$$", but I thought there were more than 14-15,000 there.

I'm starting to wonder if U of L is giving away tix. I only paid $6 for each of mine, and I'm guessing a lotta people are paying next-to-nothing to go to games nowadays. It's pitiful...

I wouldn't say it "kicked a$$", but I thought there were more than 14-15,000 there.

I'm starting to wonder if U of L is giving away tix. I only paid $6 for each of mine, and I'm guessing a lotta people are paying next-to-nothing to go to games nowadays. It's pitiful...
Your old regime is to blame, Mack and Tyra are saving what was ruined....which is our program!

If this is "saving" it, they're in way over their heads...
You’re a good representative of the 5,000 empty seats, which means that we are definitely not hurting. That’s kinda like a big fat woman losing 1/4 of her weight, she didn’t need the nasty blubber.

Coincidental when that "permanent alteration" occurred.

Which BTW is another changed narrative--"permanent".

Yeah, the permanent alteration is that consumer tastes have changed and tax laws have changed. Same reason UK’s attendance is down as well as most other major collegiate sports. It just so happens we unfortunately had a coaching staff undermine the integrity of the program right before these major shifts occurred.

Yeah, the permanent alteration is that consumer tastes have changed and tax laws have changed. Same reason UK’s attendance is down as well as most other major collegiate sports. It just so happens we unfortunately had a coaching staff undermine the integrity of the program right before these major shifts occurred.
I agree with this. Attendance is an issue everywhere and timing of various events came together at the same time negatively impacting Louisville. I am not sure attendance will ever come back, but I do believe Mack will put a product on the floor worth supporting. I can see part of the upper arena being blocked off in the future.

Funny how the media Courier especially focusing on louisville attendance. When Rupp hasn't been selling out as any other school. Louisville has went through alot winning will cure that over time . All you have to do is pay attention to arenas on tv you see lesss than sold out arenas Things arnt as bad as the media makes it out to be

Watching a sporting event from an arena seat doesn’t make you a fan any more than setting through class makes you a student.

Reactions: Cardiac Red

Where did you sit with your $6 ticket? I'm assuming it wasn't in the seat you bought.

You’re a good representative of the 5,000 empty seats, which means that we are definitely not hurting...
Not sure what you're talking about. I was one of the 14,898 who bothered to attend and pay anything for a ticket (or have someone do that on my behalf). Were you there?

BTW there were more than SEVEN thousand empty seats...

Don't forget you had clowns take over. And our attendance is down way more than anyone else with a healthy basketball program...

Watching a sporting event from an arena seat doesn’t make you a fan any more than setting through class makes you a student.
Let me guess, NOT a season ticket holder?

And the issue is how going to games makes you LESS of a fan. That's the accusation from a few wandering souls.
Anyone want to buy the seat next to Zipp?
You didn't have to last nite. It was empty...

Last edited:
Where did you sit with your $6 ticket? I'm assuming it wasn't in the seat you bought.
No way. Nor did a few thousand other people. We sat near the top of section 112.

U of L doesn't care either. They've actually gone upstairs in the past to invite people to move down. Can you imagine the TV shots if we were all spread out in the lower AND upper arena? At least the crowd doesn't look that bad on TV...

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
Healthy program. My god the irony. Former guys made putting an assistant at the head coaching job last year the only way to salvage any type of season. New coach this year is recruiting with the cloud of NCAA sanctions over his head. Current administration inherited a program that was a long way from healthy.

Heard an attendance stat on Deener's show this morning... The lowest attendance for a regular season conference game in 38 years.

That was a year older than Drew's co-host this morning, Mark Blankenbaker...

Healthy program. My god the irony. Former guys made putting an assistant at the head coaching job last year the only way to salvage any type of season. New coach this year is recruiting with the cloud of NCAA sanctions over his head. Current administration inherited a program that was a long way from healthy.
...Cards tied for second in the ACC, on the verge of being ranked, first 30 point scorer since 2014,

and your (sic) crying about attendance...
You guys need to get your stories straight...

My story is straight. Program was a wreck after last guys left. It was not healthy. New guys hired Mack. He has done a great job maximizing players that stayed or came despite potential problems. His coaching efforts and hard work by our team could lead to a much better season than many fans expected even a few weeks ago. The fact Mack has rebuilt pretty well so far in a short time does not mean he inherited a ready to roll program from day one.

I agree with KR... There are plenty of reasons that people should be attending games.

The old guys are gone. Some of you need to get past the past...

Again, the UN-importance of money from a fanbase that bends over annually to collect a football check for NOT playing football.

Consorts with slapd!cks...
Always the antagonist, never the wise. Everything you just said is silly bud.

Old guy rambling here. It’s been a long time since I attended a basketball game in person. Cut out of classes at IUS or from work early to get to the corner of Brook and Brandis to buy tickets when it was announced they were available. Even remember when games were not televised unless they were sold out or a certain percentage sold out.

I’m now part of the audience who contributes to the TV ratings and revenue of U of L games. The bartenders and waitresses at my favorite viewing places appreciate the business too.

Churches much like sports arenas are full of people not there for the sermon, salvation or joy it brings. They are there out of habit, or just to be seen going. They really don’t get anything out of the experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardiac Red
Pure deflection from Zippy, as always. Makes up his own facts to fit his faux narrative. His responses always end in deflections. Just wait, I feel another one coming...
At least you managed to post from California this time without questioning my fandom. You're making progress!!... :D

...I’m now part of the audience who contributes to the TV ratings and revenue of U of L games. The bartenders and waitresses at my favorite viewing places appreciate the business too...
Let me be the first to thank you for your tremendous support of U of L athletics... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT