ADVERTISEMENT

And UK calls UL thugs

They weren't BB guns, they were airsoft guns. They shoot the little plastic yellow balls.

It's pointless to even do this because the idiots that dug up these stats didn't get but the tip of the iceberg. Do you really think any of us know how many there really are anywhere? The cops do let athletes off the hook a lot. Stuff like that happens everywhere more than you think. Those numbers are far from accurate for any of those schools

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get cited for drug trafficking? You get cited for an impermissive lane change, running a red light or Jaywalking.
He wasn't cited for trafficking drugs. He was cited for having drugs on him which isn't out of the ordinary for small amounts. Considering he had been with the cheerleader that died of a drug overdose it was his last chance.

Reactions: American Male
Your denial and spin isn't going to change what the #'s add up to Bill. 18 is far > 7, no matter how hard you try to play Judge Judy.

I don't believe anybody is saying any of it is right Bill. The point of the thread, is not to play holier than thou. That's the stuff we save for people like, well.... sadly, people like you Bill.

It's just being pointed out to you that 18 is far > than 7. Are you going to agree that 18 is far > than 7?

Or, are you going to keep stopping by here and inform us you do not care about facts that have been shared?

No thoughts on the pie chart huh Bill?

I am Tom Cruise. You are Jack. Did you order the Code Red Bill? You ordered it.

I haven't denied or spun anything ipartied, I'm simply saying all arrests or lack there of aren't equal.

He wasn't cited for trafficking drugs. He was cited for having drugs on him which isn't out of the ordinary for small amounts. Considering he had been with the cheerleader that died of a drug overdose it was his last chance.

Exactly ....

Reading comprehension is strong with the cayut fans ...

Steelers posts the entire story about Cameron Polk where it says "he was dismissed after receiving a drug citation from the university police".

Somehow this equals trafficking drugs.

I can see now how they look at their football schedule, and magically see 7 or 8 wins.

Maybe they should stick to worrying about their back-up QB, who in his short stay in Lexington, has been arrested on one occasion, and knocked completely out visiting an Eastern Kentucky dorm after a bar fight between the Wildcats and Colonels. That guy has winner written all over him.

Exactly ....

Reading comprehension is strong with the cayut fans ...

Steelers posts the entire story about Cameron Polk where it says "he was dismissed after receiving a drug citation from the university police".

Somehow this equals trafficking drugs.

I can see now how they look at their football schedule, and magically see 7 or 8 wins.

Maybe they should stick to worrying about their back-up QB, who in his short stay in Lexington, has been arrested on one occasion, and knocked completely out visiting an Eastern Kentucky dorm after a bar fight between the Wildcats and Colonels. That guy has winner written all over him.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...n-polk-dismissed-from-football-team/17081291/

You guys are being pretty hard on the kid when your fan base is known for being ok with giving second chances

Spinning and deflecting ? By stating that 4 players arrested for having an air gun?

That's spinning. More to the point, it's defending. Which is all good, I am all for you defending the UK players arrest record. The police got it all wrong Bill! They are just kids, and kids that play for UK! They are good kids, just being kids.. Campus shut down, false alarm you may now return to your regular scheduled programming!

The deflecting is in regards to calling out one of UofL's issues, when the evidence here shows UK has 18 issues to UofL's 7.

I will ask again, and keep asking. Is 18 > than 7?

You can do it Jack! Code Red!!!!

That's spinning. More to the point, it's defending. Which is all good, I am all for you defending the UK players arrest record. The police got it all wrong Bill! They are just kids, and kids that play for UK! They are good kids, just being kids.. Campus shut down, false alarm you may now return to your regular scheduled programming!

The deflecting is in regards to calling out one of UofL's issues, when the evidence here shows UK has 18 issues to UofL's 7.

I will ask again, and keep asking. Is 18 > than 7?

You can do it Jack! Code Red!!!!

Yes ipartied, 18 is more than 7, are all arrests equal in your mind? Is assaulting a police officer worse than having an air gun?

Yes ipartied, 18 is more than 7, are all arrests equal in your mind? Is assaulting a police officer worse than having an air gun?

Bill (and others), I believe the point being made is the consistent deflection of using the 4 arrests for the air soft gun incident to distract from the total of 18 arrests. It appears as if those 4 arrests are being used to imply all 18 of the UK arrests are for minor offenses, all the while pointing to Polk's drug offense to imply UofL's arrests are more serious offenses. The usual "big difference" deflection we hear from some posters.

Last edited:
It cracks me up seeing someone try to dumb down 4 young adults running around a college campus with guns. Doesn't matter if they were nerf guns, bb guns, air soft guns or freaking sticks shaped like guns. Anyone should understand that with all of the college campus shootings that have taken place and mass shootings in general that anyone with what appears to be a gun will stand a very strong chance of being misinterpreted and taken serioulsy by the average passer by. By the way, air soft guns do make a pop sound. If within a close proximity, it could be mistaken as a real gun. Not all guns make loud bangs. But for S&Gs, what if a car backfired nearby or soemone slammed a car door or someone even clapped loud at the time the observer saw 4 grown young adults running around in dark clothes at night with what appears to be real guns?

Just stop being that dumb guy who thinks it's not something that should be taken seriously, even after the fact. Just stop it because you're looking dumber with every defensive post.

Funny thing about this Cameron Polk debate. If you guys took the time to look up who were listed as UofL's 7 arrests at ArrestNation, you would find Polk as being included as one of the 7. So, the allegation that ArrestNation excluded Mr. Polk from that list is simply false info being spread on the boards by UK fans. FYI, here are the 7 listed:

1. T. Ross
2. C. Polk
3. J. Quick
4. G. Durant
5. G. Scruggs
6. D. Ashley
7. D. Ashley

It cracks me up seeing someone try to dumb down 4 young adults running around a college campus with guns. Doesn't matter if they were nerf guns, bb guns, air soft guns or freaking sticks shaped like guns. Anyone should understand that with all of the college campus shootings that have taken place and mass shootings in general that anyone with what appears to be a gun will stand a very strong chance of being misinterpreted and taken serioulsy by the average passer by. By the way, air soft guns do make a pop sound. If within a close proximity, it could be mistaken as a real gun. Not all guns make loud bangs. But for S&Gs, what if a car backfired nearby or soemone slammed a car door or someone even clapped loud at the time the observer saw 4 grown young adults running around in dark clothes at night with what appears to be real guns?

Just stop being that dumb guy who thinks it's not something that should be taken seriously, even after the fact. Just stop it because you're looking dumber with every defensive post.

I don't think 4 guys playing with air guns should warrant being arrested, sure it was dumb but did it warrant being arrested, why hell no.

I never said it shouldn't be taken seriously, but there's different levels of seriousness, a citation maybe. ;)

Terroristic threatening is serious no matter how benign the weapon. Those jackasses got off easy.

Drugs are no joke. Addictions are pretty brutal. No arrests were made in that situation, because no laws were broken.

Completely deluded thinking. If situations were reversed, your logic would be too.

If I take a "BB gun" into a bank to clean out the vault, does the judge and jury say "it's just a BB gun"?

LPT Football: BBs for brains...
Apples - Oranges. The situations are so different that even you can see that. Pretty sure these kids weren't maliciously threatening people, they were playing with it, shooting stuff around campus. Stupid? Certainly. Terroristic? Not even close.

I don't think 4 guys playing with air guns should warrant being arrested, sure it was dumb but did it warrant being arrested, why hell no.

I never said it shouldn't be taken seriously, but there's different levels of seriousness, a citation maybe. ;)

Sorry Bill but you just aren't a cop. You aren't a judge, there was no jury... but if there was, you wouldn't have been on it. You're just the guy over here trying to twist some facts with your opinions. They broke the law in the arresting officers eyes, and they were dealt with.

It's always so fun to debate with UK fans. In basketball, facts of #'s are all that matters, there is no weighing, or other considerations. UK won ___ titles, and ___ amount of games. But when the data, like arrests are provided, and the # reflects poorly on UK, now UK fan wants to take a hard look at and begin splitting hairs with those #'s. Now the #'s lie. Same applies with football results.

The goalposts just move!!!

Thx for the ride Bill.

Last edited:

Sure Bill, but you're cherry picking one arrest out of the 25 combined, because it fits your weak, biased, kicking and screaming about the facts agenda. You've yet to share any thoughts about the number of lives Lowery put into jeopardy on his drinking driving rampage.

We even had one UK fan come over and admit he thought Lowery had suffered enough! LMFAO what a take that one was good job!

It cracks me up seeing someone try to dumb down 4 young adults running around a college campus with guns.

It's amazing. The issue is, Bill is just in too deep on these topics. Campus shut down, a # of innocent people put into a sense of panic, let alone the risks of the actual behavior and what could have happened if an officer @ a distance thought the guns were real and acted accordingly.

To Bill, don't arrest them. It's UK football. They are just kids, and they are good kids because Stoops runs a clean program.

Capiche?

Apples - Oranges. The situations are so different that even you can see that. Pretty sure these kids weren't maliciously threatening people, they were playing with it, shooting stuff around campus. Stupid? Certainly. Terroristic? Not even close.

Arrested? Yes.

Look. Over here! We got another one ready to enroll in Police Academy. I think it's Captain Mowser!!!! Wowzie Wowza. Oh yeah.... Oh yeah... Oh yeah..... Oh. Oh.

Last edited:
I remember UK fans saying that Micah Johnson was in the right when he pulled out a shotgun during a brawl. Smdh

Program attrition is another good measure of the discipline and character of your players.

LPT and Stupes are starting to see more of that.

LPT Football: No, that was Joker's problem...

It sounds similar to calling in a fake bomb threat. Should they have known their actions would cause panic and fear? Was that their intention?

It's amazing. The issue is, Bill is just in too deep on these topics. Campus shut down, a # of innocent people put into a sense of panic, let alone the risks of the actual behavior and what could have happened if an officer @ a distance thought the guns were real and acted accordingly.

To Bill, don't arrest them. It's UK football. They are just kids, and they are good kids because Stoops runs a clean program.

Capiche?

It doesn't have a thing to do with them being football players, if it were Uof L players or just students I would feel no different.

They weren't threatening people or using them in a robbery, they were acting like kids.

The campus was shutdown because someone panicked and thought they heard gunfire. If the same person calls the cops and says there's some kids running around with an airsoft gun do you think the campus would've been shutdown or they end up arrested? Of course not.

Sure Bill, but you're cherry picking one arrest out of the 25 combined, because it fits your weak, biased, kicking and screaming about the facts agenda. You've yet to share any thoughts about the number of lives Lowery put into jeopardy on his drinking driving rampage.

We even had one UK fan come over and admit he thought Lowery had suffered enough! LMFAO what a take that one was good job!

I'm not sure Lowery went on rampage, but he definitely had a lapse of judgement and screwed up royally. He was lucky he was the only one hurt, and no one else was involved.

That's the guy I referred to earlier. So the disposition of his case is a good old mystery?

Stoops controls the media in Lexington. Stoops controls the police too. Not just the Lexingon po-po, but wherever the kids he coaches are, whenever they are there. This is actually what holds Stoops back, because it takes him away from actually coaching up his team.

We don't know how lucky we are in Louisville. Tom Jurich frees up his coaches time to actually coach, by doing all those things that Stoops has to do because Barnhart sucks as an AD.

;););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT