ADVERTISEMENT

And UK calls UL thugs

cardsp

6000+
Nov 12, 2004
getPart

Even if you present this information, many Kentucky fans will ignore the facts and try to explain how Jurich controls the media, police, and judicial system all over Louisville. UK fans can be very entertaining.

Exactly.

Jurich OWNS the media in this town. If only the MEDIA would step up and do their jobs ....

But this is the same delusional mindset that predicts that UK will be better than South Carolina, and Missouri in short order.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
Exactly.

Jurich OWNS the media in this town. If only the MEDIA would step up and do their jobs ....

But this is the same delusional mindset that predicts that UK will be better than South Carolina, and Missouri in short order.

And I'm sure UK has NO influence on their local media, whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I'm not celebrating UK's arrests at all. Sports are just sports and this stuff is real life and tragic. I don't believe in celebrating it and won't do it. But any Cat fan with all that "Transfer U" smack should just STFU, it looks stupid.

And I'm sure UK has NO influence on their local media, whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I'm not celebrating UK's arrests at all. Sports are just sports and this stuff is real life and tragic. I don't believe in celebrating it and won't do it. But any Cat fan with all that "Transfer U" smack should just STFU, it looks stupid.

Four of the UK arrests were for shooting a BB gun...a BB gun. A girl overdosed and died in a Louisville players room

Four of the UK arrests were for shooting a BB gun...a BB gun. A girl overdosed and died in a Louisville players room

Terroristic threatening is serious no matter how benign the weapon. Those jackasses got off easy.

Drugs are no joke. Addictions are pretty brutal. No arrests were made in that situation, because no laws were broken.

Terroristic threatening is serious no matter how benign the weapon. Those jackasses got off easy.

Drugs are no joke. Addictions are pretty brutal. No arrests were made in that situation, because no laws were broken.
Polk was kicked off the team for trafficking drugs near the school, though, right? So is he captured in the above aggregate statistics (not that they matter)? Not celebrating mistakes on either side, either, but this is how these threads go.

Polk was kicked off the team for trafficking drugs near the school, though, right? So is he captured in the above aggregate statistics (not that they matter)? Not celebrating mistakes on either side, either, but this is how these threads go.

Polk was kicked off the team ... but no reason was given for the dismissal, as far as I saw. Internet speculation was rampant, as it usually is. And you take that at face value at your own risk.

Polk was kicked off the team ... but no reason was given for the dismissal, as far as I saw. Internet speculation was rampant, as it usually is. And you take that at face value at your own risk.
Good call. The article I read says "WAVE found that the only student with that last name on the football team's roster at the time was star wide receiver Cameron Polk who was later kicked off the team for allegedly trafficking drugs near a school" (italics mine).

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...erleader-died-overdose-cops-article-1.2007605

Good call. The article I read says "WAVE found that the only student with that last name on the football team's roster at the time was star wide receiver Cameron Polk who was later kicked off the team for allegedly trafficking drugs near a school" (italics mine).

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...erleader-died-overdose-cops-article-1.2007605

Polk obviously did something to get booted. And that poor girl had demons that she brought to U of L with her, that she sadly couldn't control. A pretty tragic tale all around.

But all this is a diversion from what this thread started with -- and that is actual arrests made, that can be tallied. And the only reason this is newsworthy, is the holier-than-thou attitudes constantly put in our face by UK Fans (not saying you specifically johnny). Clearly the glass house those UK posters shout from have lots of cracks in it.

It was labeled terroristic threatening because it was falsely reported they had real guns, and the campus was closed.

You're right, drug and alcohol addiction are no joke.

If I take a "BB gun" into a bank to clean out the vault, does the judge and jury say "it's just a BB gun"?

LPT Football: BBs for brains...

Did they walk into a bank? No' the police were reacting to how it was reported, and shut down campus.

The person that reported it said they had heard shots fired, now it's been awhile since I've shot a bb gun, but best I recall they don't sound like a firearm.

Even if you take away those 4 arrests for the BB gun, UK still has had double the amount of arrests that Louisville has had.

Polk was kicked off Louisvilles team a short time after the aforementioned tragedy. It's reported it was for trafficking drugs, but his arrest isn't among UofL's list. How many other have been kept in the dark?

Thats why UK fans say the media and police cover for UofL, IDK if thats true, but it has that appearance.

Polk was kicked off Louisvilles team a short time after the aforementioned tragedy. It's reported it was for trafficking drugs, but his arrest isn't among UofL's list. How many other have been kept in the dark?

Thats why UK fans say the media and police cover for UofL, IDK if thats true, but it has that appearance.

He was not arrested. He was cited. It's a matter of public record. It was reported in the news. Nothing was "kept in the dark". Give those conspiracy theories a rest, at least on this board.

Freshman wide receiver Cameron Polk has been dismissed from the University of Louisville football team after receiving a drug citation from university police on Wednesday.

"Cameron Polk has been dismissed from the team," U of L coach Bobby Petrino said in a statement to The Courier-Journal. "I do feel, however, that it is important that we provide him with the help and support needed to help him with his problems."

WAVE-3 first reported Polk's dismissal, saying Polk was cited for possessing and trafficking marijuana, hydrocodone pills and codeine syrup.

A 6-foot-2 Fishers, Ind., native, Polk was a three-star prospect out of high school who enrolled at U of L in January. He played high school football at Hamilton Southeastern High in the Indianapolis suburbs.

Unlisted on the team's two-deep depth chart, Polk is credited for participating in Louisville's Sept. 6 win over Murray State. He had not recorded a reception or other statistic for Louisville this season.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...n-polk-dismissed-from-football-team/17081291/

He was not arrested. He was cited. It's a matter of public record. It was reported in the news. Nothing was "kept in the dark". Give those conspiracy theories a rest, at least on this board.

Freshman wide receiver Cameron Polk has been dismissed from the University of Louisville football team after receiving a drug citation from university police on Wednesday.

"Cameron Polk has been dismissed from the team," U of L coach Bobby Petrino said in a statement to The Courier-Journal. "I do feel, however, that it is important that we provide him with the help and support needed to help him with his problems."

WAVE-3 first reported Polk's dismissal, saying Polk was cited for possessing and trafficking marijuana, hydrocodone pills and codeine syrup.

A 6-foot-2 Fishers, Ind., native, Polk was a three-star prospect out of high school who enrolled at U of L in January. He played high school football at Hamilton Southeastern High in the Indianapolis suburbs.

Unlisted on the team's two-deep depth chart, Polk is credited for participating in Louisville's Sept. 6 win over Murray State. He had not recorded a reception or other statistic for Louisville this season.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...n-polk-dismissed-from-football-team/17081291/

How do you get cited for drug trafficking? You get cited for an impermissive lane change, running a red light or Jaywalking.

Since Tom Jurich supposedly controls that media and the arrests numbers can't possibly be accurate, lets talk about the other statistic in that chart. Wins. Did Jurich also control the media reporting on wins? It's can't be possible that "little brother" had 47 wins in the last 5 years compared to "big sister's" 20 wins. That has to be a fabrication as well, right?

How do you get cited for drug trafficking? You get cited for an impermissive lane change, running a red light or Jaywalking.
I don't believe one University hides anything more than the other, BUT dude has a point. As far as your bank comment, that didn't stop the cops from murdering a 12 year old who had a bb gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what we got going on is what is to be expected.

Lots of guys playing judge, determining what laws are okay to break, and what laws aren't. Hey it's just BB gun play, never mind the fact cops shoot kids with BB guns! Never mind that a civilian may glance and feel threatened by a form of a gun. It's just kids, and they play for UK so they are just having fun!

Whatever it takes to get away from the facts of the the #'s, go ahead and go there, instead of looking at the #'s and owning it.

So what we got going on is what is to be expected.

Lots of guys playing judge, determining what laws are okay to break, and what laws aren't. Hey it's just BB gun play, never mind the fact cops shoot kids with BB guns! Never mind that a civilian may glance and feel threatened by a form of a gun. It's just kids, and they play for UK so they are just having fun!

Whatever it takes to get away from the facts of the the #'s, go ahead and go there, instead of looking at the #'s and owning it.[/QUOTE]

The civilian that reported said they heard gunshots, now obviously a BB gun if heard sounds nothing like a firearm.I agree it was stupid on the players part, but the cops shut down the campus because of the false report of gun shots.

So 4 players get arrested for playing with a bb gun. While one player gets cited for drug trafficking, never mind the fact a girl over dosed in his room just a few months earlier?

Your denial and spin isn't going to change what the #'s add up to Bill. 18 is far > 7, no matter how hard you try to play Judge Judy.

I don't believe anybody is saying any of it is right Bill. The point of the thread, is not to play holier than thou. That's the stuff we save for people like, well.... sadly, people like you Bill.

It's just being pointed out to you that 18 is far > than 7. Are you going to agree that 18 is far > than 7?

Or, are you going to keep stopping by here and inform us you do not care about facts that have been shared?

No thoughts on the pie chart huh Bill?

I am Tom Cruise. You are Jack. Did you order the Code Red Bill? You ordered it.

We're hardly choirboys with our 7 arrests in 5 years, but these stats prove in my mind that we are far from the worst. UK is closer to the Top 5 than they are to us.

Hard to take "Thug U." and "Jailbirds" comments seriously after seeing these charts. UK fans, take a look in the mirror with your 18 arrests next time you think about throwing those terms around.

The civilian that reported said they heard gunshots, now obviously a BB gun if heard sounds nothing like a firearm.I agree it was stupid on the players part, but the cops shut down the campus because of the false report of gun shots.

You heard of 22LR? They're really popular. Very deadly do to their accuracy. They don't sound much louder than a BB gun. Especially depending on the ammo being used. Oh, pretty sure you can kill someone with a BB gun as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT