ADVERTISEMENT

And UK calls UL thugs

All guns are banned on UK campus...all types per arrest report

I wrote that reply in response to the poster who wrote I should try walking down the street or into a bank with a gun.
It is legal to openly carry a firearm in the State, and concealed if you have a concealed carry permit.

This is bigger than UofK. This is obviously a culture in the SEC. It makes sense to me too. The SEC has long been known for cheating so it only makes sense the character of the players who accept cheating as a way of life would also be the type to get in trouble with the law.

10 SEC teams are on the list as having the most players arrested over the last 5 years. 10 SEC teams out of 14. Think about that.

Reactions: American Male
This is bigger than UofK. This is obviously a culture in the SEC. It makes sense to me too. The SEC has long been known for cheating so it only makes sense the character of the players who accept cheating as a way of life would also be the type to get in trouble with the law.

10 SEC teams are on the list as having the most players arrested over the last 5 years. 10 SEC teams out of 14. Think about that.

You know this is finally a shift back to the topic. I think what you're saying, and what the #'s in the data provided way back on page 1 is saying is, the majority of the SEC programs are so focused on winning that they tend to lose track of other things. Maybe winning really is the only thing. People's jobs depend on winning games, not graduation rates, or social behavior.

You know this is finally a shift back to the topic. I think what you're saying, and what the #'s in the data provided way back on page 1 is saying is, the majority of the SEC programs are so focused on winning that they tend to lose track of other things. Maybe winning really is the only thing. People's jobs depend on winning games, not graduation rates, or social behavior.

Sadly I think you're right. Athletics is such a big business now, and wins and losses drive the money.

Wow, this thread sure has been bombarded with uk people just bending over backwards to randomly cherry pick a couple of arrests that they think were misunderstandings and bringing up some blathering excuse trying negate all of the arrests in an attempt to do..........I don't know what their actual point is. I guess they feel it is all a hoax and somehow uk has been falsely condemned and the stats somehow lie and accurately classify the arrests of the other 25 teams but somehow got it wrong with Kentucky. All of their arrests were just mistakes made by these officers.

Truthfully I couldn't care less other than the fact many uk fans have just been running Louisville down as thugs for the last 5 years or so when rational people know all football programs have some players that get into trouble.

Bottom line is all you have to do is say University of Louisville and they'll go out of their way and come up with any angle to say something negative about Louisville and excuse away any success they've had. Now that uk has some negative stats about their program instead of just keeping their mouths shut they just crank up the excuse machine and start spinning away. Oh, ignore those other 14 arrests, let us just focus on these 4 we feel weren't so bad. There were 18, who cares if you liked those particular 4. Just shut your endless blathering and go away.

Wow, this thread sure has been bombarded with uk people just bending over backwards to randomly cherry pick a couple of arrests that they think were misunderstandings and bringing up some blathering excuse trying negate all of the arrests in an attempt to do..........I don't know what their actual point is. I guess they feel it is all a hoax and somehow uk has been falsely condemned and the stats somehow lie and accurately classify the arrests of the other 25 teams but somehow got it wrong with Kentucky. All of their arrests were just mistakes made by these officers.

Truthfully I couldn't care less other than the fact many uk fans have just been running Louisville down as thugs for the last 5 years or so when rational people know all football programs have some players that get into trouble.

Bottom line is all you have to do is say University of Louisville and they'll go out of their way and come up with any angle to say something negative about Louisville and excuse away any success they've had. Now that uk has some negative stats about their program instead of just keeping their mouths shut they just crank up the excuse machine and start spinning away. Oh, ignore those other 14 arrests, let us just focus on these 4 we feel weren't so bad. There were 18, who cares if you liked those particular 4. Just shut your endless blathering and go away.
Well said DerVille. Most reasonable thinking u of K fans won't touch this thread because its based on facts. They can't accept the truth and either stay away or make excuses. Speaking of thugs, their (u of k) behavior before the start of the game at Louisville last year speaks volumes of the choir boys in blue.

Yeah no biggie eh?

Guys quit responding and getting sucked into some side argument about this one arrest case. You getting distracted from the face they've had 18 arrests, that is a fact and that is an overall grand total (12th in the country), and you are getting sucked into some endless debate about this ONE arrest as if that negates all of their arrests. Screw the dumb air gun case, that is one arrest out of 18........that was 18. Stay on point, quit getting sucked into this distraction.

They say UofL is a thug program because we've accepted some transfers but they've got their own junk to worry about.

They are so concerned about our transfers who had problems at their old schools (just a couple of cases.....no trouble at UofL mind you) that they are blind to the 18 arrests of their own players. You'd think they'd at least be quiet about conduct unless they were blameless but they're running off at the mouth about us when they've got all these arrests and we've only accepted a couple of transfers who've had incidents in their paths at other programs.

What a dishonest argument. Intellectually dishonest.

You'd think they'd at least be quiet about conduct unless they were blameless but they're running off at the mouth about us when they've got all these arrests and we've only accepted a couple of transfers who've had incidents in their paths at other programs.
Only a couple? Only a couple this season maybe.

I, for one, think the air gun thing WAS a big deal. Just can't do that kind of stuff on college campuses anymore. I also think Lowery should have faced a serious punishment... that one never made sense to me. That said, there is validity to the idea that "not all arrests are created equal." Whose are worse than whose, etc is sort of a pointless discussion IMO.

Only a couple? Only a couple this season maybe.

List all the troubled transfers, I really don't have a handle on it. Go back as far as you want, then we'll divide the # of troubled transfers we took on by the # of years back you went. This should be a simple exercise because apparently there has been a ton of them.

I know we have had some high profile ones recently.

Dyer
Fields
Wiggins
Harvey-Clemons

Pike
Williams from the U
Nate Harris had a past

That's a start to the list. I'm sure there were others. Shouldn't be hard for a UK fan to find somebody over on the UK board that obsesses about this has to have the official list.

While you're at it, divide 18 by 7 and give me that # too.

Last edited:
The largest and most hilarious UK fan angst among the really stupid is the complaining about our transfers. While they have arguably absolutely as many transfers as ourselves - Nebraska has been particularly kind - I read a complaint over there that had us "targeting for positions of need", of all things. LOL, imagine that!!

My response was "What else would you target?" lol.

It wasn't horribly dangerous, who exactly was in danger?
No one is justifying it, but if the cops roll up on them and see it's just air soft guns no one is arrested, they tell them to put them away, end of story.
The issue came about because gun fire was reported, the police thought there was an active shooter and shutdown campus. At that point someone is getting arrested even if they were holding a stick shaped like a gun.

Look everybody it's Joe Friday.

The largest and most hilarious UK fan angst among the really stupid is the complaining about our transfers. While they have arguably absolutely as many transfers as ourselves - Nebraska has been particularly kind - I read a complaint over there that had us "targeting for positions of need", of all things. LOL, imagine that!!

My response was "What else would you target?" lol.

Senore, I don't think it's transfers in general Rockets is talking about.
I think it's transfers that have been kicked off their previous team.

Senore, I don't think it's transfers in general Rockets is talking about.
I think it's transfers that have been kicked off their previous team.

I've directed the question to Rockets and I'll be just fine if you want to take on the question as well.

I've listed about 7 guys over the last decade or so that we've added that got kicked off their prior team. I assume there are more, I don't follow the roster that closely. Who are the others? UK fans such as yourself and Rockets have made it clear there are a ton of these types, and I'm trying to get a handle on it and quantify.

Dyer, Clemons, Fields, Wiggins, Pike, Williams from the U, Nate Harris... who are some of the others?

For it to be the epidemic you guys claim, there should be no problem providing a list of anywhere from 15-25 guys we've added the last decade that were kicked off the team. Whatever the # is, submit if you can. I just am not that familiar with everyone's past and I'd like to get a better feel for the # of these types we're bringing on.

I'm not saying it's an epidemic, i was simply pointing out to Senore what I thought Rockets meant.

Let's not moonwalk Bill, breakdancing went out in the 80s brah.

You've spent the entire summer on this board calling out Louisville for taking on a large quantity of players that have been dismissed from other places. I haven't really gotten into disputing that, because I don't have a lot of research on the topic.

Since youre stance on that subject has been made clear in multiple threads around here , that there are so many to list, I just thought it would be easy to produce the list of the types of players we're discussing so that we could address the claims you've made as well as the claim Rockets made in this thread earlier about these types of players.

You've called out Louisville for being known as a program that gives second chances to guys that have been removed from other programs so it really shouldn't be that hard for you to provide the list of guys like this we've taken on.

Again, I'm not saying a large list does or does not exist, I'm just seeking exhibits Mr. Cochran.

No one is saying UofL is choir boys, we've had our problems. The Duggar-esque hypocrisy of UK fans is the issue. Don't sit there with 18 arrests and point a finger at UofL. Great post, DerVille.

Let's not moonwalk Bill, breakdancing went out in the 80s brah.

You've spent the entire summer on this board calling out Louisville for taking on a large quantity of players that have been dismissed from other places. I haven't really gotten into disputing that, because I don't have a lot of research on the topic.

Since youre stance on that subject has been made clear in multiple threads around here , that there are so many to list, I just thought it would be easy to produce the list of the types of players we're discussing so that we could address the claims you've made as well as the claim Rockets made in this thread earlier about these types of players.

You've called out Louisville for being known as a program that gives second chances to guys that have been removed from other programs so it really shouldn't be that hard for you to provide the list of guys like this we've taken on.

Again, I'm not saying a large list does or does not exist, I'm just seeking exhibits Mr. Cochran.

i did no such thing ipartied, the one thread was about Fields getting cleared and the report of Bama telling him they would've taken him.
I even stated I didn't blame Louisville for taking the kid.

i did no such thing ipartied, the one thread was about Fields getting cleared and the report of Bama telling him they would've taken him.
I even stated I didn't blame Louisville for taking the kid.

Alright Bill I won't go round and round w/ you on this. Maybe I have you confused with another poster. Rockets certainly has implied in this thread Louisville has taken on a lot of transfers that got kicked off their prior team so maybe he'll provide the list or something like that.

i did no such thing ipartied, the one thread was about Fields getting cleared and the report of Bama telling him they would've taken him...
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up again since Bama and Saban quite obviously are going to remain silent on the issue. I've forgotten, where was the line in the sand for you to start barbecuing the crow?

LPT Football: Always on the menu...

Reactions: mwatson61
Take Wiggins off that list. He was not dismissed from UGA. He left in good standing, reportedly because his personality didn't mesh with the new DC.

Yeah, thanks for bringing that up again since Bama and Saban quite obviously are going to remain silent on the issue. I've forgotten, where was the line in the sand for you to start barbecuing the crow?

LPT Football: Always on the menu...

Line in the sand, you mean the line where someone asks Saban?
Don't hold your breath, they all know what it was.

List all the troubled transfers, I really don't have a handle on it. Go back as far as you want, then we'll divide the # of troubled transfers we took on by the # of years back you went. This should be a simple exercise because apparently there has been a ton of them.

I know we have had some high profile ones recently.

Dyer
Fields
Wiggins
Harvey-Clemons

Pike
Williams from the U
Nate Harris had a past

That's a start to the list. I'm sure there were others. Shouldn't be hard for a UK fan to find somebody over on the UK board that obsesses about this has to have the official list.

While you're at it, divide 18 by 7 and give me that # too.
I really don't have the inclination to try to inventory this, even a little bit. I don't keep a list, not that obsessed. You've proven my point that it's more than "a couple," which is all I claimed.

As for "Nebraska has been generous," we've taken 3 from Nebraska that come to mind over the last 2-3 years. None of them were disciplinary problems as far as I know.

Like it or not, there is a perception (that extends beyond UK fans) that UofL specifically is willing to take on kids with troubled histories that other schools avoid. I'll refrain from projecting my opinion as to why that is. The history supports this reputation, to some extent. To the kids' (and the school's) credit, most have kept their nose clean while on Floyd St.

To get back to the OP, it's hard to know what to make of arrest numbers. (Really!) Does a program deserve blame for recruiting a guy with no history who gets himself in trouble in college? Or do they only get blame if they fail to discipline "appropriately?" What if it's a bunch of kids, does that mean there's a culture of non-discipline? That they don't respect the coach? What's worse, taking a kid with no history who gets himself in trouble, or taking a kid with a known history who stays off the radar?

Tubman is a good example of how murky this all gets. The guy was arrested, but not indicted. It's not clear to anyone whether he actually did anything wrong (there was an absurdly long thread on the Lair about this, which went nowhere predictably). He was kicked out of school and denied re-admission. Is he somehow a reflection on the program? The university?

I really don't have the inclination to try to inventory this, even a little bit. I don't keep a list, not that obsessed. You've proven my point that it's more than "a couple," which is all I claimed.

I didn't really challenge you.

I'm not up to speed on the # of troubled recruits we've had over the years.

So I asked for some names because truthfully, I'm unsure what that count of troubled transfers is. You didn't kick back a single name, even though it's been implied the list is deep in quantity. Maybe that's not the implication actually.

Yet somehow you've claimed I've proven your point. No. You have no salient point.

It's more like, you've proven my point.

Last edited:
There remains a pulsating point in all this - thuggery. The less sane parts of the UK fan base dearly love condemning Louisville for its urban ways and troubles. It's purely cultural, in the end. The bad news is, farmer life or life in small towns has the cultural advantage of being more outdoors - although Louisvillians get out. - but it also operates at a different frequency..... a lot slower but just as judgmental. Otherwise, the statistics reveal a different story. Apocryphal tales of the under reported events circulate around Lexington and beyond all the time..........once it was a nude UK lineman propositioning a passing 10 year old boy from his porch....Micah Johnson and the shotgun.......Stevie Johnson resisting arrest...the DUI dude - Lowrey. ON the UofL side you have the guys beating the crap out of a team mate in hideous fashion...the poor addict cheerleader...........it goes on, each way but these arguments are generally from people with an understanding of Louisville - and Lexington's - urban life.

But UofL's graduation rates have skyrocketed under Strong and now Bobby. They have a near-perfect APR. The academic record testifies that someone is doing it all right.

I think the same fans will opt to challenge Louisville's trustworthiness even though their own is as bad or even worse. Their view is from the Heaven of the UK experience, lol. They're just exceptional.

Reactions: Cue Card
Line in the sand, you mean the line where someone asks Saban?
Don't hold your breath, they all know what it was.
No, no, no, no, no... You committed to a date--I'm recalling it was the start of the regular season--when poor Saban would finally have his opportunity to set the record straight. And bring down U of L and Jurich for putting all of that garbage out there.

So, have I got that line in the sand right? Or are you gonna chicken out like an LPT chicken ___ does?

LPT Football: Cluck! Cluck!...

I didn't really challenge you.

I'm not up to speed on the # of troubled recruits we've had over the years.

So I asked for some names because truthfully, I'm unsure what that count of troubled transfers is. You didn't kick back a single name, even though it's been implied the list is deep in quantity. Maybe that's not the implication actually.

Yet somehow you've claimed I've proven your point. No. You have no salient point.

It's more like, you've proven my point.
1) A poster said "we've had a couple over the years" (paraphrase)
2) I said, "it's been more than a couple" (paraphrase)
3) You yourself offered 6. Which is more than a couple.

My point was pretty straight forward. You, independently, offered supporting evidence. If you inferred from my post that I think there have been "15-25," and are now waiting for me to provide evidence to support a claim I never made, that's on you, not on me.

Again, I think all of this is goofy, and only good for message board fodder in the offseason. I have nothing but speculation as to the motivation of the UofL staffs in accepting transfers that have had issues at other programs.

I will say, this last month or so has gotten me very ready for them to put the ball in play. I look forward to watching what I hope is a well played game in CWS on 11/28. Thanks to all of y'all for the hospitality and discourse.

No, no, no, no, no... You committed to a date--I'm recalling it was the start of the regular season--when poor Saban would finally have his opportunity to set the record straight. And bring down U of L and Jurich for putting all of that garbage out there.

So, have I got that line in the sand right? Or are you gonna chicken out like an LPT chicken ___ does?

LPT Football: Cluck! Cluck!...

You're full of it Zipp, I never committed to a date, you're doing what you do, twist things to fit you. No one has asked Saban, because everyone knows what it was originally.

Ridge Wilson was selling girl scout cookies to Bill.

Ridge Wilson was arrested for punching his girlfriend in the face well before the drug arrest that finally ended his career. He was re-instated and played in several games for UK after that initial domestic violence arrest.

Raymond Sanders & DeMarco Robinson both had pot issues before continuing their careers at UK.

There was a DE from Florida during the Brooks era that was brought in "after" allegedly robbing & assaulting somebody. Can't remember the guy's name, but he was eventually dismissed following more problems in Lexington.

There are highly-rated kids that are playing there right now that are allegedly repeat offenders to trouble (Barker, Baker, Dubose, Hatcher).

Point being, every campus has their share of problem football players, and has for decades. The way UK fan paints UofL as Thug U is the epitome of hypocrisy.

ADVERTISEMENT