ADVERTISEMENT

And just like that .... the SEC is OUT of the tourney ...

Yeah, I’m certainly not rooting for Duke to win it all.

Yeah, I’ve been guilty of saying that also. But when I think about back in 2001 when we were replacing HOF coach Denny Crum if Tom Jurich had come to me and said “you have two choices and you get to choose who will be the next UofL coach and your choices are Rick Pitino or Coach K” - who do you choose? There isn’t any doubt in my mind that I choose a guy (that continually pisses me off) that has ethics and that would be Coach K, period.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yeah, I’ve been guilty of saying that also. But when I think about back in 2001 when we were replacing HOF coach Denny Crum if Tom Jurich had come to me and said “you have two choices and you get to choose who will be the next UofL coach and your choices are Rick Pitino or Coach K” - who do you choose? There isn’t any doubt in my mind that I choose a guy (that continually pisses me off) that has ethics and that would be Coach K, period.

Google the story about Marvin Bagley from The Oregonian newspaper. Or look at the situations with Corey Maggette or Lance Thomas. I think you might question how pure Coach K is.

Why ? Don't we all get a piece of the $ if an ACC team wins it ?
We'll get ACC money regardless but I understand your POV. Still, I can't bring myself to pull for another ACC team to win it all. It just doesn't feel right to do that.

I support all the ACC teams the further they go the bigger the pay for all of us. It also makes the conference look better and they will remember it next year when they are choosing teams for the tournament.

I would much rather see a fellow ACC team win it than anyone. It would be cool as hell to see FSU or Clemson win it. I like FSU's coach...not necessarily as a coach (wouldn't want him here coaching) but as a person. He seems like a genuine dude.

Reactions: 65bird
What breaks were you expecting?
I think it’s ludicrous to think because the ACC does good one year, the NCAA will remember the next year. It’s usually a different selection committee.. and I’ll ask you, what favors are you expecting to happen for U of L if Duke wins it all?

So are you saying the people who will be on the selection committee next year aren't watching the tournament this year?

I had no idea Coach K was an option o_O

Why ? Don't we all get a piece of the $ if an ACC team wins it ?
Jeebus - now you’re on par with yut football fans. Let me know when they start sending fans checks based on performance - then maybe I’ll give a shit.

But, probably not.

I support all the ACC teams the further they go the bigger the pay for all of us. It also makes the conference look better and they will remember it next year when they are choosing teams for the tournament.
Ask UofL or ND how much love they got this year based on uncheat’s title last year.

I admit I haven't watched much of the tournament this year and I didn't watch the sUcK game last night. I know every year they show graphs on how many teams are in the tournament from each conference and how well each conference is doing. They also state that the reason one conference gets more teams in the tournament than other conference is because of their performance in the tournament.
I know that isn't the only reason but it is one of the many variables they use. I listen to a lot of our fans talk about how weak the SEC is and how tuff the ACC is. Doing well in the tournament backs up our argument.

I mean no offense to anyone here but unless it’s UofL - who effing cares? Conference sac hanging is just sad...

It's cash money for every member of the conference, every win in the tourney.

It's prestige amongst recruits, to say they will be playing in CLEARLY the best basketball conference in the country. Backing up tradition, with winning on the court, is the only way to maintain that.

And as far as Duke goes .... ANYTHING that gets under the skin of the big blue bellies in Lexington is worth celebrating. Duke winning? With one-and-done players? While Kentucky's one-and-dones prepare for the NBA draft?? Yeah ... that's plenty enough motivation for me to cheer on the Dookies.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with you.

My rooting interest is for a Cinderella to win it. As much as anything, to prove what a crapshoot the tourney is as a measure of greatness.

Otherwise, I'm behind an ACC team...

Reactions: gocds and SoulSr
There's not much to gain with results that aren't directly involving the Cards.

That said, ACC success and/or SEC failure annoys UK fans, and it keeps any argument they might have about SOS in check. So in terms of laughing at UK fans, seeing the SEC done and the ACC still dribbling is funny. It's just up to you as to how much you enjoy UK fan misery, and how important that is to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT