ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Kelsey Appears To Be The Pick

ESPN’s Jay Bilas called Kelsey, "a great coach. He is an energetic teacher, recruiter, strategist, and he is a principled leader. Pat is demanding and encouraging and puts each player in a position to be successful. Players don’t just play for Pat Kelsey, he works tirelessly for his players."

Most Louisville fans respect Jay Bilas. Not a bad endorsement, even if he’s not who most were hoping for.
I created a new account on their fan site. Been going back and forth with them for a few nights. Let me say this. I grew more and more excited everytime I talked to their fan forum posters. They hate to lose him. They thought and hoped he would be a Denny Crum like tenure. The things they say. He's a tireless worker. He's won everywhere he's been. He likes up tempo and his teams shoot a lot of 3s. Now his defense is a form of pac line but shooting gaps for steals to get them into transition. He will not be a Chris Mack offensively. He will not be a Tony Bennet offensively. He plays a lot of guys during a game somewhere close to a platoon. He has some sort of grapevine to Australia and especially shooters. He tries to get the student body involved in a big way. He's a devout Christian and family man. I told those guys over there we needed a 24/7 basketball guy and they said he can be that guy but he also needs the family balance so we'll see how it works out. I think he'll be a popular media guy. Guy is crystal clean as far as I can see. I'm stoked actually just by what those guys over their posted. Didn't hear a bad word about him. Take this for what it's worth. Many more facets I didn't get a take on.i.e.recruiting and portal use etc.

I can tell you what it wouldn't have involved... Publicly going from Plan A to Plan B to Plan C to...

Makes U of L look like the dumpster fire it is...
plan A, Drew was a dream and not very realistic but you had to take a shot. he's not from here so no reason to take the job and way more money in TX than in KY. so plan A was a smart move but one not expected to come to fruition, simply a long shot but you had to ask.

plan B, May, was imho, a flash in the pants, he did worse with returning players and once UM was looking, making a choice between an adidas school and a nike one is a tough choice and one probably 99% of the people would make, ie choose the nike school. so plan B had competition and thus two almsot equal schools nationally fighting for the same coach, well, we came in 2nd but doesn't mean there was failed leadership. maybe leadership didn't offer what UM did. nothing wrong with that.

Plan C, is where we are and Rock on!!!! I think Heird did a great job and even better one at being quiet with no leaks.

regretfully, zipp, you again are just trying to create sh$t because you're man Jr didn't get hired. thank god, he didn't even deserve consideration. I think we got the best man on the market and that you are 100% wrong, as per usually when it comes to responses where you don't provide facts, just your opinion.

I created a new account on their fan site. Been going back and forth with them for a few nights. Let me say this. I grew more and more excited everytime I talked to their fan forum posters. They hate to lose him. They thought and hoped he would be a Denny Crum like tenure. The things they say. He's a tireless worker. He's won everywhere he's been. He likes up tempo and his teams shoot a lot of 3s. Now his defense is a form of pac line but shooting gaps for steals to get them into transition. He will not be a Chris Mack offensively. He will not be a Tony Bennet offensively. He plays a lot of guys during a game somewhere close to a platoon. He has some sort of grapevine to Australia and especially shooters. He tries to get the student body involved in a big way. He's a devout Christian and family man. I told those guys over there we needed a 24/7 basketball guy and they said he can be that guy but he also needs the family balance so we'll see how it works out. I think he'll be a popular media guy. Guy is crystal clean as far as I can see. I'm stoked actually just by what those guys over their posted. Didn't hear a bad word about him. Take this for what it's worth. Many more facets I didn't get a take on.i.e.recruiting and portal use etc.
You’re really good at mixing in with other boards. The information you add is greatly appreciated.

I’ve gotten to the point where I am numb with the process. I keep hearing Louisville to announce today that so and so is our next coach. Then something happens where it doesn’t happen. It is really embarrassing that this is happening. Right now everyone is saying Kelsey is our next coach, we’ll see I won’t be surprised if it isn’t him.

One thing about it replacing KP he’s got some big shoes to fill ! 😂😂😂

Clarify please. You mean we wanted to look bad?...
My short answer is our basketball program has looked pretty bad for quite some time now. What's a few more days.

Longer answer- we aren't going to know for a few seasons whether smokescreens were put up as deflection,getting this guy for a bargain (which I'm betting we did) or whether the shit was just a cluster(which is what it looks like).

Idk Zipp. Not sure anybody really does. All I'm saying is it's possible. I'll have a better idea when I get to see this guy in action.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Love how animated he is. Between that last guy we fired who acted like a zombie from the walking dead and Mack who had the emotion of a rock Kelsey will be a breath of fresh air and fire. It also looks from his past history we won't have hookers in the dorms or assistants in hotel rooms mic'd by the fbi. Let alone indiscretions on table tops at the local restaurants.

Last edited:
We don't know if Kelsey will be the next Archie Miller or the next Dan Hurley or somewhere in between.

I'm going to support him unless or until he gives a reason not to do so. I'm very interested in seeing his recruiting and what type of team he can put together in the off season.
Each fan in their own way have to decide how they will support the hire. For me, guys like Drew, Cronin and Pitino Jr would have resulted in me buying season tickets next year. Guys like Kelsey, May, Schwarz don't reach that level of pulling out my wallet but rather a wait and see attitude. Yes, I am very interested in seeing who he brings in this season. As always, I'll watch every game I can, but for this season, at least for a few games it will be from my living room.

Each fan in their own way have to decide how they will support the hire. For me, guys like Drew, Cronin and Pitino Jr would have resulted in me buying season tickets next year. Guys like Kelsey, May, Schwarz don't reach that level of pulling out my wallet but rather a wait and see attitude. Yes, I am very interested in seeing who he brings in this season. As always, I'll watch every game I can, but for this season, at least for a few games it will be from my living room.
Fair assessment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT