ADVERTISEMENT

After Requisite 5 day cool down - what needs to happen now...

davecmc

Two-Star Poster
Sep 12, 2006
I went on a full-out 3 day sports talk/read moratorium as Quick signaled first down in the air, and my kids looked at me like "what happened"? So, after what was a glorious CFB game on a national stage, I'm just now coming back and catching up and ready to look forward.

A few observations: The nation wants to see us in the playoff. The pollsters want to see us in the playoffs. The networks want to see us in the playoff. If we win out with any W on the road at Houston and post big numbers over all others, we are most likely in the playoff. Our body of work would legitimately hold up vs. any other team with a loss and even vs. some weak undefeated records, and the fact is... the CFB world wants to pick us. Obviously, we root for Houston to stay undefeated until our clash. My new reality take is:

SEC
The champ is going, so the most important event that needs to happen regarding our hopes is probably that Bama just rolls. If a no-loss, or one loss Tenn/Tex A&M knocked them off in champ game, things could get dicey bc the new champ would go and Bama would be the only other team with a resume argument and CFB sex appeal above us. The winner of the champ game is going, so it's easy if it's Bama as champ. If Bama loses they go into the pile of also eligibles as a highly regarded candidate. - Most likely: Bama rolls. If not, bad for us.

Big 10
The champ is going. OSU or Mich. Who cares? The winner goes and loser goes into the heap of also eligibles without as much appeal. Most likely: OSU rolls. If not, we should still hold up in one loss debate.

ACC
The champ is going if it's Clemson or undefeated Miami. If it's Miami or UNC knocking Clemson off with a loss on their record, it's probably still ok for us. Most likely: Clemson rolls. If not, our chances still high as being the best body of work candidate from a group of one loss ACC teams.

After those 3 likely spots- spot #4 is the debate. If Washington loses ever, the PAC 12 doesn't have a team that would jump 11-1 Cards. Even if Washington goes undefeated, it's not a given they take the spot. Their 4 non-conf games are ranked 127 toughest schedule and their conference strength resembles a Big East or AAC strength with USC and Oregon tanking.

We don't want Baylor or WVU to run the table in the Big 12, but even then with no champ game and weak non-conf, those 2 aren't guaranteed the spot if undefeated. All other Big 12 scenarios would not even warrant consideration over 11-1 Cards.

The summary is that we are in the playoffs, if you go thru most scenarios. Sure, you can find some where we get left out with an impressive 11-1 record, but not many. Actually, it's hard to work a scenario where we are left out... if Bama rolls, we beat Houston and win convincingly vs. the rest of the schedule. What say you?

Whew.... I declare my moratorium officially over!! GO CARDS!!

Sorry, but I think Brett McMurphy is closer to correct. For UL to get in either Clemson has to lose twice or there has to be complete chaos in CFB. UL will not get in over a one-loss conference champion. Period. UL's "body of work" will consist of one win (Houston). That's it. If it comes down to conference runner ups with one loss versus UL, who has had a tougher strength of schedule? UL or Ohio State, Michigan, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Stanford, Alabama? What the pollsters and media think doesn't really matter. Public/media opinion is not part of the selection criteria.

On November 1st when the first rankings come out, I expect UL to be somewhere in the top 5. But, on December 3rd when the SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Pac 12 will be showcasing conference championship games and Baylor (or whoever) will be in a highly watched clash, the Committee will be watching them - not UL. According to the committee, conference championships weigh heavily on the rankings. UL won't have one.

Reactions: PushupMan
Sorry, but I think Brett McMurphy is closer to correct. For UL to get in either Clemson has to lose twice or there has to be complete chaos in CFB. UL will not get in over a one-loss conference champion. Period. UL's "body of work" will consist of one win (Houston). That's it. If it comes down to conference runner ups with one loss versus UL, who has had a tougher strength of schedule? UL or Ohio State, Michigan, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Stanford, Alabama? What the pollsters and media think doesn't really matter. Public/media opinion is not part of the selection criteria.

On November 1st when the first rankings come out, I expect UL to be somewhere in the top 5. But, on December 3rd when the SEC, ACC, Big Ten and Pac 12 will be showcasing conference championship games and Baylor (or whoever) will be in a highly watched clash, the Committee will be watching them - not UL. According to the committee, conference championships weigh heavily on the rankings. UL won't have one.
Cardlaw...you are wrong again.. We all remember your proclamation that Louisville would never be one of the 'big boys'. You were wrong... We will be in the playoffs..mark it down... the sportscasters and newsmakers know a dynamic powerful team when they see one. We will be in the playoffs this year and next. Then we will see what that has done for our recruiting, and if it will continue since we have superior coaching and higher graded recruits as a result of our inevitable success. Sorry that you are sour and on the losing end of the argument on this one. You had really come across as an competent analyst with your statements. Only the true fan could look past them. Or the Cardinal fan... right Zipp and others?

Actually the committee has never disclosed its methodology other than to say they are to pick "the four best teams". Should UofL not get in and they say that not winning the conference was what caused us to miss the playoff, I will take some solace in knowing that winning the ACC is the key to punching our ticket in the future. Until that happens I am working under the assumption that they will pick the four best teams. At this point, most largely objective national media members agree that we are one of the four best. The old dinosaur approach of "they lost, so they automatically drop behind those that didn't lose" is supposed to be a relic of the past.

before any grand scheme takes place we have to win. no exception, and we have to win big. That is our world. Nothing else matters, win big, and have no mercy.

Cardlaw...you are wrong again.. We all remember your proclamation that Louisville would never be one of the 'big boys'. You were wrong... We will be in the playoffs..mark it down... the sportscasters and newsmakers know a dynamic powerful team when they see one. We will be in the playoffs this year and next. Then we will see what that has done for our recruiting, and if it will continue since we have superior coaching and higher graded recruits as a result of our inevitable success. Sorry that you are sour and on the losing end of the argument on this one. You had really come across as an competent analyst with your statements. Only the true fan could look past them. Or the Cardinal fan... right Zipp and others?

Actually, we will probably never know if I am right or wrong. The odds of the season playing out in such a way where we have five once beaten conference champions, several once beaten runners up and UL at 11-1 are very small. But, remember, last year the defending national champ lost the wrong game, finished 11-1 and runner up in their division, and was left out of the playoffs in favor of three one-loss conference champs. And I think they had a slightly bigger name than UL.

As to the "big boys" thing, that's still true. UL, like anyone else, can have a run or great season. (See Virginia Tech with Michael Vick or Kansas State with Michael Bishop). But without the steady recruiting base, it is only one year or maybe one year here and there. To me, "big boy" status you have to earn or many years of repeated success. That is just not possible in this area of the country.

Actually the committee has never disclosed its methodology other than to say they are to pick "the four best teams". Should UofL not get in and they say that not winning the conference was what caused us to miss the playoff, I will take some solace in knowing that winning the ACC is the key to punching our ticket in the future. Until that happens I am working under the assumption that they will pick the four best teams. At this point, most largely objective national media members agree that we are one of the four best. The old dinosaur approach of "they lost, so they automatically drop behind those that didn't lose" is supposed to be a relic of the past.

The committee website does lay out what they are evaluating in vague terms. It includes strength of schedule, head-to-head, championships and, of course "other factors". But each of the last two years in public interviews Jeff Long, who was chair those two years, has stated that the committee puts a great deal of emphasis on conference championships. That is part of McMurphy's analysis as he expressed it to Diener earlier this week.

Actually, we will probably never know if I am right or wrong. The odds of the season playing out in such a way where we have five once beaten conference champions, several once beaten runners up and UL at 11-1 are very small. But, remember, last year the defending national champ lost the wrong game, finished 11-1 and runner up in their division, and was left out of the playoffs in favor of three one-loss conference champs. And I think they had a slightly bigger name than UL.

As to the "big boys" thing, that's still true. UL, like anyone else, can have a run or great season. (See Virginia Tech with Michael Vick or Kansas State with Michael Bishop). But without the steady recruiting base, it is only one year or maybe one year here and there. To me, "big boy" status you have to earn or many years of repeated success. That is just not possible in this area of the country.
Well Cardlaw , at least you are consistent... I thought that your tune may have evolved as we got depth. It seems that was always your argument was that we couldnt possibly be a big time team as we couldnt get the beef in here in any numbers... as I said ...it is time to eat crow.. We have arrived. Three years in a row of winning or playing to a whisker or a fluke or homegrown officiating from beating an NC contender means we are there. Get on the train or look like an idiot. No offense intended. We havent even seen next year yet.. and this year looks awful good with a young team.

Well Cardlaw , at least you are consistent... I thought that your tune may have evolved as we got depth. It seems that was always your argument was that we couldnt possibly be a big time team as we couldnt get the beef in here in any numbers... as I said ...it is time to eat crow.. We have arrived. Three years in a row of winning or playing to a whisker or a fluke or homegrown officiating from beating an NC contender means we are there. Get on the train or look like an idiot. No offense intended. We havent even seen next year yet.. and this year looks awful good with a young team.

I do try to be consistent.

And I am not sure losing games qualifies as having arrived. Seems to me you have to win some of those first.

I do try to be consistent.

And I am not sure losing games qualifies as having arrived. Seems to me you have to win some of those first.
I guess you noticed that we killed the team with the 4 and five stars and the depth two weeks ago??? Or didnt that one count?

The Louisville football team needs to focus on their opponents and let the chips fall where they may.

With a trophy like Lamar Jackson on your team, it is must see stuff.

I'm hoping Louisville can come out of the bye with the same edge they've shown through the first five games. If they do, they will be in the discussion in the end.

Let's see how it plays out!

Reactions: beasleythecard
I guess you noticed that we killed the team with the 4 and five stars and the depth two weeks ago??? Or didnt that one count?

Considering the group of teams beating FSU in 2016 is going to be far more inclusive, rather than exclusive, no. Beating teams who go 7-5 isn't really a big deal.

Considering the group of teams beating FSU in 2016 is going to be far more inclusive, rather than exclusive, no. Beating teams who go 7-5 isn't really a big deal.
So you have downgraded the #2 team that we just blew out to a 7-5 team in your crystal ball? That is odd stuff. You may not be as consistent as thought. You probably gave Texas great credit for that huge win over Notre Dame a few weeks ago. And LSU would kill us right? Because they are established big boys?

Reactions: Louisvillian
So you have downgraded the #2 team that we just blew out to a 7-5 team in your crystal ball? That is odd stuff. You may not be as consistent as thought. You probably gave Texas great credit for that huge win over Notre Dame a few weeks ago. And LSU would kill us right? Because they are established big boys?

Since UL does not play Texas, LSU or ND, I am not sure how any of them got into the discussion. But, yes. It looks to me like FSU will finish the season 7-5 - assuming they don't figure out how to limit teams to less than 20 explosive plays per game. Their defense can't stop a turtle on crutches right now.

Another brilliant retort.

Your rapier-like intellect is impressive.
thanks... But you're ignorance of college football and your sorry existence on this board is borderline... Well you know..

You are simply a bitter turd (IMO, + 1000) towards the University of Louisville and it's splendid athletic programs for some strange reason. Mr Morality turd, Go look up stats over the next week to support your arguments, weakling, we'll be here when you get back.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Since UL does not play Texas, LSU or ND, I am not sure how any of them got into the discussion. But, yes. It looks to me like FSU will finish the season 7-5 - assuming they don't figure out how to limit teams to less than 20 explosive plays per game. Their defense can't stop a turtle on crutches right now.
Thanks for telling us where FSU is going to finish. I'll tell you what , I have $200 that says that FSU will not finish the regular season with more than 4 losses. Interested, big mouth?

Thanks for telling us where FSU is going to finish. I'll tell you what , I have $200 that says that FSU will not finish the regular season with more than 4 losses. Interested, big mouth?

Great. UL beat an 8-4 team. Clap ... clap ... clap. Pat yourself on the back!!

As to your prior post, I'll put my knowledge of college football against a basketball fan any day. I will worry about my knowledge when guys like Jerry Palm and Brett McMurphy disagree. Not when some low life, know-nothing, fan of a basketball school thinks his team his hot stuff for beating Charlotte and an "8-4" (or 7-5) FSU team. Losing to good teams and beating bad ones is not a sign of success.

Its U of L

Bammer..............

Great. UL beat an 8-4 team. Clap ... clap ... clap. Pat yourself on the back!!

As to your prior post, I'll put my knowledge of college football against a basketball fan any day. I will worry about my knowledge when guys like Jerry Palm and Brett McMurphy disagree. Not when some low life, know-nothing, fan of a basketball school thinks his team his hot stuff for beating Charlotte and an "8-4" (or 7-5) FSU team. Losing to good teams and beating bad ones is not a sign of success.
Just what I thought. You are just a bore that has never had an original thought. Calling actual Card fans "low lifes" and "basketball fans"? How original.

Since you need the reassurance of the so called experts to make your cases, why don't you poll all the college football writers and other media guys across the country and ask them how good they think the Cardinals are. You can start with Dennis Dodd, Andy Staples, Kirk Herbstreit etc..

Bye loser.

Its unfortunate that the Cards played horribly and great the second half. Now, the only thing they have to worry about is to win out. They have to go old school...blow the rest of the teams they face by 50+ points and allow Lamar to secure the Heisman. Other than that, its out of their hands. They had a chance to beat Clemson and didn't. Come to think about it, the last three games they played against Clemson...they should of won. Coach needs to get these guys some discipline and focus...cut down the penalties and turnovers and finish strong. That is all they can do. Thoughts?

Its unfortunate that the Cards played horribly and great the second half. Now, the only thing they have to worry about is to win out. They have to go old school...blow the rest of the teams they face by 50+ points and allow Lamar to secure the Heisman. Other than that, its out of their hands. They had a chance to beat Clemson and didn't. Come to think about it, the last three games they played against Clemson...they should of won. Coach needs to get these guys some discipline and focus...cut down the penalties and turnovers and finish strong. That is all they can do. Thoughts?

Youre a clown and a troll.
Get lost grover.
Worry about trying to beat Vandy.

PS. Hows Papa to be stoopID's mistress doin..........

Just what I thought. You are just a bore that has never had an original thought. Calling actual Card fans "low lifes" and "basketball fans"? How original.

Since you need the reassurance of the so called experts to make your cases, why don't you poll all the college football writers and other media guys across the country and ask them how good they think the Cardinals are. You can start with Dennis Dodd, Andy Staples, Kirk Herbstreit etc..

Bye loser.

This coming from you? Really? Shall I quote your previous post? You know: "You are simply a bitter turd (IMO, + 1000) towards the University of Louisville and it's splendid athletic programs for some strange reason. Mr Morality turd" Nice.

Now, as to your other attempt at a point: No one that I am aware of is arguing that UL is not a good football team this year. There are a lot of good teams that will not make the playoffs this year. Unless Clemson loses two or chaos reigns supreme, UL will be one of them.

It's a harsh truth, but it IS the truth...

Go Boston College!

The Louisville football team needs to focus on their opponents and let the chips fall where they may.

With a trophy like Lamar Jackson on your team, it is must see stuff.

I'm hoping Louisville can come out of the bye with the same edge they've shown through the first five games. If they do, they will be in the discussion in the end.

Let's see how it plays out!
Ok I do realize this is a message board and it is ok to speculate, dream, fantasize, etc but what it boils down to is to win each game as it is played. Even before the FSU game it was all about if we beat FSU and Clemson, we were automatically in the ACC championship game. More than likely that was true. After beating FSU, all the talk was we are going to the Final Four playoff. Well losing to Clemson has gotten us off that course but instead of taking care of business the rest of the way, the topic is IF we win out shouldn't we be included as one of the top 4 teams? We can't control that, just take care of what you can control first. Also this team is special, let's enjoy each game by game.

Ok I do realize this is a message board and it is ok to speculate, dream, fantasize, etc but what it boils down to is to win each game as it is played. Even before the FSU game it was all about if we beat FSU and Clemson, we were automatically in the ACC championship game. More than likely that was true. After beating FSU, all the talk was we are going to the Final Four playoff. Well losing to Clemson has gotten us off that course but instead of taking care of business the rest of the way, the topic is IF we win out shouldn't we be included as one of the top 4 teams? We can't control that, just take care of what you can control first. Also this team is special, let's enjoy each game by game.

Got to agree, I think Louisville will give the ACC TWO teams in the playoffs. I do have to differ with you guys making the playoffs next year though, unless you are able to replace the 7 starters you're losing on offense with like players. Jackson is a star no doubt, but even he will have a hard time doing it all by himself.

This coming from you? Really? Shall I quote your previous post? You know: "You are simply a bitter turd (IMO, + 1000) towards the University of Louisville and it's splendid athletic programs for some strange reason. Mr Morality turd" Nice.

Now, as to your other attempt at a point: No one that I am aware of is arguing that UL is not a good football team this year. There are a lot of good teams that will not make the playoffs this year. Unless Clemson loses two or chaos reigns supreme, UL will be one of them.
Wrong again. Chaos does not have to happen at all unless your small mind calls Washington losing a game (highly possible), Alabama winning the SEC (very likely) and the Big 12 Champ Baylor or WVU having a loss (extremely likely) chaos. I'm sure that you'll be praying that the loser of the OSU-Mich has only one loss and will get in over the Cards.

Also have to love how you waited to see FSU lose to UNC to start flapping your gums about how Louisville didn't beat anybody on Sept 17. That's because you don't know what you are looking at. Didn't hear a peep out of you after the game. And by the way we didn't just beat Florida St. We absolutely destroyed them like no on ever has. The Cards were up 63-10 on the Noles before our scrubs gave up 10 pts late.

Of course Louisville has to take care of business but from what I've seen so far I like their chances to do just that and unlike you I don't need Jerry Palm or Brett McMurphy to confirm that for me.

Mr. Morality turd was original at least and pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Wrong again. Chaos does not have to happen at all unless your small mind calls Washington losing a game (highly possible), Alabama winning the SEC (very likely) and the Big 12 Champ Baylor or WVU having a loss (extremely likely) chaos. I'm sure that you'll be praying that the loser of the OSU-Mich has only one loss and will get in over the Cards.

Also have to love how you waited to see FSU lose to UNC to start flapping your gums about how Louisville didn't beat anybody on Sept 17. That's because you don't know what you are looking at. Didn't hear a peep out of you after the game. And by the way we didn't just beat Florida St. We absolutely destroyed them like no on ever has. The Cards were up 63-10 on the Noles before our scrubs gave up 10 pts late.

Of course Louisville has to take care of business but from what I've seen so far I like their chances to do just that and unlike you I don't need Jerry Palm or Brett McMurphy to confirm that for me.

Mr. Morality turd was original at least and pretty accurate.

I would not call five conference champs with one or fewer losses "chaos". I would call that par. If that happens, UL goes to the OB. At minimum, "chaos" requires two or more conference champs with two or more losses AND Ohio State/Michigan loser ending up with two losses along with Stanford and two of the group Alabama, Tennessee and Texas A&M all having two losses (presumably one of those three will win the SEC). If that doesn't happen, UL is in the OB.

And you are right - I didn't judge FSU on one game (or two) just like I do not judge anyone else on one game or two. FSU has now played three teams with a pulse and their defense was shredded in all three. They will probably lose tomorrow to Miami, later to Clemson, and end the season with a loss to Florida (Still 50/50 on this one). And if they don't fix the defense, they may even drop another along the way.

And good for you not needing Palm or McMurphy since you already lean on Herbstreit, Rece Davis, Dennis Dodd etc., etc. I won't go so far as to accuse you of hypocrisy (though I could for the second consecutive time). You just see the world through cardinal colored glasses and lose your mind whenever anyone says anything that doesn't kiss UL's backside.

Got to agree, I think Louisville will give the ACC TWO teams in the playoffs. I do have to differ with you guys making the playoffs next year though, unless you are able to replace the 7 starters you're losing on offense with like players. Jackson is a star no doubt, but even he will have a hard time doing it all by himself.

He won't have to. We actually DO have replacements for all seven starters on offense.

Jeremy Smith (or LJ Scott) replaces Radcliff at RB.
Robbie Bell, Chandler Jones, and Kenny Thomas replace 3 graduating OL
Mickey Crum, Charles Standberry, Reggie Bonnafon, and Jaylen Smith replace graduating WRs, TE and HB.
All except Chandler Jones will have 2 years of experience. Jones will have 1.

Cardlaw you are weak and a defeatist. If you can do it once, you can do it again...and again. Is Michigan or Nebraska a more appealing part of the country with a better local recruiting base? Boise has consistently won. It takes a good system, good coaches, and hard work, but we can win consistently. Maybe not at the tOSU or Alabama level, but there's more to the big boy club than just 2 schools. Michigan, USC, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Norte Dame, Clemson, FSU all have gone through or are going through periods of mediocrity. Are they not "Big Boys"?

I would not call five conference champs with one or fewer losses "chaos". I would call that par. If that happens, UL goes to the OB. At minimum, "chaos" requires two or more conference champs with two or more losses AND Ohio State/Michigan loser ending up with two losses along with Stanford and two of the group Alabama, Tennessee and Texas A&M all having two losses (presumably one of those three will win the SEC). If that doesn't happen, UL is in the OB.

And you are right - I didn't judge FSU on one game (or two) just like I do not judge anyone else on one game or two. FSU has now played three teams with a pulse and their defense was shredded in all three. They will probably lose tomorrow to Miami, later to Clemson, and end the season with a loss to Florida (Still 50/50 on this one). And if they don't fix the defense, they may even drop another along the way.

And good for you not needing Palm or McMurphy since you already lean on Herbstreit, Rece Davis, Dennis Dodd etc., etc. I won't go so far as to accuse you of hypocrisy (though I could for the second consecutive time). You just see the world through cardinal colored glasses and lose your mind whenever anyone says anything that doesn't kiss UL's backside.
Good luck to you

Cardlaw you are weak and a defeatist. If you can do it once, you can do it again...and again. Is Michigan or Nebraska a more appealing part of the country with a better local recruiting base? Boise has consistently won. It takes a good system, good coaches, and hard work, but we can win consistently. Maybe not at the tOSU or Alabama level, but there's more to the big boy club than just 2 schools. Michigan, USC, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Norte Dame, Clemson, FSU all have gone through or are going through periods of mediocrity. Are they not "Big Boys"?

Michigan has a very fertile recruiting base and has always been able to supplement it with a national reach especially into places like Texas and California.

Nebraska historically relied on national recruiting and has fallen out of the picture due to an inability to continue that trend.

I would not count Clemson as a "big boy". Clemson won the title in '80 or '81 then disappeared until about two years ago. It was only last year people stopped using the joke about Clemson "Clemsoning". They constantly looked like a contender, then suddenly lost badly to a perennial doorstep.

But, you are correct that every "big boy" hits a period of mediocrity and those on top today have such a period in their future. It is unavoidable.

Michigan has a very fertile recruiting base and has always been able to supplement it with a national reach especially into places like Texas and California.

Nebraska historically relied on national recruiting and has fallen out of the picture due to an inability to continue that trend.

I would not count Clemson as a "big boy". Clemson won the title in '80 or '81 then disappeared until about two years ago. It was only last year people stopped using the joke about Clemson "Clemsoning". They constantly looked like a contender, then suddenly lost badly to a perennial doorstep.

But, you are correct that every "big boy" hits a period of mediocrity and those on top today have such a period in their future. It is unavoidable.

Hey even your beloved Crimson Tide went on a hiatus with going from one "Bear" replica to another. It would be better if the PAC and the BigXII conference champs had two losses but if you think the committee won't look at a one loss UofL as an alternative then you believe pigs will be flying by noon. Those two aforementioned conferences are very weak this year so a one loss UofL just might be very attractive to the CFP. I assure you that UofL as a one loss team would be far more attractive than a one loss non SEC title holder. And that's the way it is whether you like it or not.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman

And who was it that the Seminoles beat in week one? Oh yeah, it was a Top 25 $ec team that is still considered to be pretty good. And we destroyed their tormentor. Perhaps you should consider YOUR words before your opposing counsel objects and the objection is sustained by the judge.

I do agree with Cardlaw about Clemson. They are on the 2nd tier of college football blue bloods or whatever you want to call them. They are one game over .500 in bowl games and have the 1
Championship to their credit by virtue of going undefeated that season. I have close Clemson friends who were very close to wanting to get rid of Dabo because he would always make at least one head scratching decision. FSU is the true standard of the ACC, but now we have to prove consistently that we can get to that 2nd tier. Losing three straight close games to Clemson is not enough.

I do agree with Cardlaw about Clemson. They are on the 2nd tier of college football blue bloods or whatever you want to call them. They are one game over .500 in bowl games and have the 1
Championship to their credit by virtue of going undefeated that season. I have close Clemson friends who were very close to wanting to get rid of Dabo because he would always make at least one head scratching decision. FSU is the true standard of the ACC, but now we have to prove consistently that we can get to that 2nd tier. Losing three straight close games to Clemson is not enough.

Things change and so do the so called "blue bloods" of college football. Clemson is a blue blood. Miami WAS a blue blood and Richt has them on track to come back. FSU IS a blue blood in spite of having some losses this season. Harvard, Army and Navy used to be blue bloods. Just a little explanation of how that term changes from time to time. Penn State is a glaring example of how one falls from the ranks regardless of scandal. Notre Dame is on the verge of non blue blood status. WTH I could go on and on and on. Question: was Alabama relegated to non blue blood status back in the late 80s and early 90s during their search for the next "Bear"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT