ADVERTISEMENT

According to what a certain fan base is indirectly saying

Im not here to make you laugh. I am here to give you fair warning. That is is what is different now, UK football is not here to make you laugh anymore because we are taking it serious...very serious!
LOl..well you did make me laugh...UK and football will never be taken serious...hope your 5-6 going in to last game and we will send you home again.

Yeah I agree it's common sense. Play a tough schedule and you're bound to lose more games. UK has always had an extremely tall mountain to climb because of the demographics of Kentucky and the rest of the southeast. The SEC schools are in talent rich states while Kentucky is almost void of D1 talent
Kentucky playing in the SEC has no bearing on Louisville and Kentucky playing head to head. Louisville leads 13-8. Sure, we all know uk won 6 back in 1920, those wins exist, they really have no bearing on the status of football 80-90 years later but they did win those games.

This SEC argument is bogus and I'm tired of hearing it. It is bogus because UK has been in the SEC for 90-100 years. What stopped you from becoming a football power? Only you. Why make excuses for missed opportunities now? UK has had almost 100 years to develop football history just like all of the other teams did during that time. UT and Alabama have small populations and they recruit. None of these schools were powers back in 1920 so they chose to emphasis football and Kentucky didn't now they have to sleep in the bed they made. It still has nothing to do with playing UofL head to head.

Last edited:
There were 7 teams involved, of which CCNY, the NCAA and NIT champ of the year and LIU were the most involved and hardest hit. CCNY was hit so hard they eventually dropped to DII.

The death penalty is when the whole program is essentially blown up.
Why don't you look it up instead of posting bullsh--t. Groza,Beard,and another uofk player was arrested for taking bribes from gamblers and during the investigation it was found that 10 uofk players had received impermissible aid and that Rupp new he was playing ineligible players.Also Bill Spivey was charged with perjury and not allowed to play for uofk again.UofK received the harshest penalty that a team can get from the NCAA making Kentucky the first to receive the DEATH PENALTY. It has been given out 7 times and only 2 for basketball uof k and Louisiana Lafayette. The point shaving was going on for awhile,even in the championship years, had nothing to do with the other teams you mentioned.No one else arrested and no other team got banned from playing basketball ONLY uofk !

Why don't you look it up instead of posting bullsh--t. Groza,Beard,and another uofk player was arrested for taking bribes from gamblers and during the investigation it was found that 10 uofk players had received impermissible aid and that Rupp new he was playing ineligible players.Also Bill Spivey was charged with perjury and not allowed to play for uofk again.UofK received the harshest penalty that a team can get from the NCAA making Kentucky the first to receive the DEATH PENALTY. It has been given out 7 times and only 2 for basketball uof k and Louisiana Lafayette. The point shaving was going on for awhile,even in the championship years, had nothing to do with the other teams you mentioned.No one else arrested and no other team got banned from playing basketball ONLY uofk !

I did look it up, and CCNY and LIU were the most involved. Spivey was also acquitted of perjury, and never implicated in the point shaving scandal.

Yeah I agree it's common sense. Play a tough schedule and you're bound to lose more games. UK has always had an extremely tall mountain to climb because of the demographics of Kentucky and the rest of the southeast. The SEC schools are in talent rich states while Kentucky is almost void of D1 talent

In case you've forgetten, Louisville is also in Kentucky, but that didn't stop them from recruiting Florida, Georgia, etc. UK should only be blaming themselves for where they are in college football today. UK has had every opportunity to take advantage of being in the SEC, they just haven't done it. Louisville had a way tougher mountain to climb than UK, yet here they are. Not only are they now in a Power 5 conference, they are actually relevant in it, unlike bottom feeder UK.

In case you've forgetten, Louisville is also in Kentucky, but that didn't stop them from recruiting Florida, Georgia, etc. UK should only be blaming themselves for where they are in college football today. UK has had every opportunity to take advantage of being in the SEC, they just haven't done it. Louisville had a way tougher mountain to climb than UK, yet here they are. Not only are they now in a Power 5 conference, they are actually relevant in it, unlike bottom feeder UK.

Don't hold your breath waiting for U of K fans to concede that their own chronic low expectations (to paraphrase Coach Schnellenberger) are to blame for their permanent doormat status in football rather than "demographics" - as it is part of their excuse and "woe is me" DNA. The real truth is that their basketball powers chose basketball over [any serious attempt at being good in] football. Whereas, at U of L, in the mid 80s [with the negative example of Lexington very much in mind] Coach Crum and Coach/AD Olsen both supported the idea of developing a competitive football program. Meanwhile, back at the cow college, big blue fans still cannot decide whether the SEC is an advantage or an excuse (they generally choose the latter...but both options often appear in the same sentence). It's soooooooooo... hard to compete in the SEC. smh. To summarize: They've squandered the advantage of SEC membership, and are addicted to their own self pity.

To summarize: They've squandered the advantage of SEC membership, and are addicted to their own self pity.

Squandered is the perfect word. How many 8-figure paychecks has UK pocketed from SEC membership?

Their big plans are to make their stadium... smaller. And hire an unheralded coach to revitalize their program.

And then the Big Blue Faithful put on their chest pounding parade that makes a lot more sense in basketball, and we're supposed to think they've caught up not only with Louisville, but the rest of the SEC?

Louisville winnable!
Georgia winnable!
SC winnable!
Missouri winnable!
Tennessee winnable!
Florida winnable!

We hear the same war chant every summer.

Real football games are coming soon, it's almost time for them to get in line for Midnight Madness.

Don't hold your breath waiting for U of K fans to concede that their own chronic low expectations (to paraphrase Coach Schnellenberger) are to blame for their permanent doormat status in football rather than "demographics" - as it is part of their excuse and "woe is me" DNA. The real truth is that their basketball powers chose basketball over [any serious attempt at being good in] football. Whereas, at U of L, in the mid 80s [with the negative example of Lexington very much in mind] Coach Crum and Coach/AD Olsen both supported the idea of developing a competitive football program. Meanwhile, back at the cow college, big blue fans still cannot decide whether the SEC is an advantage or an excuse (they generally choose the latter...but both options often appear in the same sentence). It's soooooooooo... hard to compete in the SEC. smh. To summarize: They've squandered the advantage of SEC membership, and are addicted to their own self pity.

Very well said. I've learned that most UK fans on here don't like to think rationally when it comes to the reality of their program. Sometimes it's just really hard not to reply to their ignorant posts.

How exactly has Stoops proven he doesn't get the best out of his players?
It's simply wishful thinking from UL fans to believe UK will remain unsuccessful going forward, with vastly superior talent, because Stoops can't develop talent or coach.
Those are the longer term issues. Kentucky football fans that truly follow the program know he can recruit, run a program, develop players and coach.

This guy really knows his stuff.

And on my own board or this one, I would(and have) bet we win this year because the talent is very comparable, we are at home and I like the way the schedule sets up. It is still very much a coin flip but I like our chances for the first time in 5 years.

You lose your bet, no matter what board you post it on tough guy.

Lol. No plans on bitting the dust anytime soon. I am to interested in seeing how everything plays out to die now..Should be an interesting next couple years in the state. Been a while since we've both had competent head coaches and comparable talent at the same time.

I like how it played out Pike.

S
Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.
spell check dope!

Reactions: Senore2006
These threads write themselves, lol. Ipartied for the win for rescuing reality from the clutches of the cold dead hands of UKs elite propaganda cadaver posters.

You know the ones - Never to be seen in the football threads again, ha ha.

My point is that most UL fans I see posting on this board are the ones who have a sense of vast superiority when comparing the Louisville and Kentucky programs. To the point of speaking of comparing UK to Vandys program. All the while Kentucky has beaten UL almost 40% of the time in the modern series. Which by all accounts would be considered very competitive.

If you had UT's or Florida's winning percentage against us, I would understand the hubris.

UT has won 70% against UK overall, while UofL has won 64% of its games against UK in the modern series. After UofL beats UK the next 4 years, our winning % will be equivalent to Tennessee. Just think, to the UK fan, Tennessee is this bigger than life monster that totally dominates them, but they forget that UofL is just 4 more games away from being just as big of a monster.

Reactions: American Male
UT has won 70% against UK overall, while UofL has won 64% of its games against UK in the modern series. After UofL beats UK the next 4 years, our winning % will be equivalent to Tennessee. Just think, to the UK fan, Tennessee is this bigger than life monster that totally dominates them, but they forget that UofL is just 4 more games away from being just as big of a monster.
Bigger,faster,stronger!!!

Reactions: American Male
Last time I checked there is only one team in the state is a charter member of the SEC and owns a national championship. You have never led the overall series......ever.
These facts, combined with UK being the large state university, would cause fans of the smaller regional schools to envy us. We are not obnoxius, we are indifferent to your school. This may come as a suprise but a majority of BBN consider UT our true football rival. It is a true border rivalry withen the SEC.

National champions dont finish#8 in AP and UPI polls...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT